71st_AH_Mastiff

VKB Gunfighter + MCG Pre-Ordering starts October 1, 2017

Looks like they added the ability to adjust the clutches from the outside? Is that correct?

Yes, their learn that VirPil way (for adjust spring tension) was a good way. :)

According to an email I got at the end of November, the MCG was delayed until Dec 15. It's now Dec 17th and still no charge to my credit card, so it must have been delayed even further.

Web site says Jan 2.

Web site says Jan 2.

Ahh thanks. Will wait patiently. :salute:

I want one too, but just the desktop.  Wondering if saving $50 on the Gladiator Pro might be a better choice.  Same gimbals.  The damping on the Gunfighter does sound nice though.

I want one too, but just the desktop.  Wondering if saving $50 on the Gladiator Pro might be a better choice.  Same gimbals.  The damping on the Gunfighter does sound nice though.

Oh dang they use dampers now? That must feel awesome!

hi guys im new here :)
there is any chance to buy this VKB-Sim Gunfighter ‘Modern Combat Edition at the United Kingdom?
im sorry if i have wrong place to write this post :)

I have to say that VKB is losing potencial clients to VPC/Virpil just because EU shop has empty shelfs :/

• Upvote 1

The charge and ship date depends on the package that you bought. The people who bought the MCG PRO and the Gunfighter base were charged last week and are now getting shipments.

https://vkbcontrollers.com/?p=7852

This post on the VKB North America website illustrates their shipping plans.

The charge and ship date depends on the package that you bought. The people who bought the MCG PRO and the Gunfighter base were charged last week and are now getting shipments.

https://vkbcontrollers.com/?p=7852

This post on the VKB North America website illustrates their shipping plans.

Thanks for the link. Looks like I'll be waiting until February 1st then, for the Black Mamba MCG Pro grip.

there is any chance to buy this VKB-Sim Gunfighter ‘Modern Combat Edition at the United Kingdom?

This grip will be available in Europe only in ~Q1 2018 and for now only through VKB reseller based in Netherlands (www.flightsimcontrols.com).

Other alternative is buy direct from VKB in China.

Mine arrived today!  :gamer:

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

You have the envy of everybody right now. The rest of us get to salivate over tracking numbers :P

Had a chance to try it yet? If so what's your first impression?

Yep, I've been fiddling with it over this evening, and I have to say I really like it. Adjusting the dampers isn't difficult, and changing out the springs wasn't an issue, either. As for controllability, very, very smooth - the dampers take away all the "springiness," making it easier to maintain coordinated flight and tracking of targets.

This one is a real winner, no doubt about it.

Can you tell something about the buttons, the triggers especially. Are they kind of mushy like the trigger on the KG12 and do they have a long take-up or are they crisp with a short take-up?

Well glad you like it Luke, I had to choose between two but went for VPC, because better availability and opinion from guys who owns both. Those two VKB and VPC are really great products.

Can you tell something about the buttons, the triggers especially. Are they kind of mushy like the trigger on the KG12 and do they have a long take-up or are they crisp with a short take-up?

The metal trigger does have sort of a "soft" feel to it, but it was never an issue with me on the KG12, so I guess that's why I didn't notice it on the MCG. The two-stage trigger isn't mushy at all - it has two very distinct button preses.

• Upvote 1

Thanks. I'm currently contemplating three options, either getting the newest Gunfighter with MCG, only getting the MCG Pro Grip for my Gladiator Pro or switching to the the VPC T-50. I'm currently leaning towards the Gunfighter, because i don't think i'll need the extra buttons on the Gladiator base (i'm currently using the Warthog throttle and will switch to the VPC throttle eventually). And the VPC T-50 seems to have some QC issues and the grip doesn't seem to be on the same level as the MCG Pro, both quality and feature-wise,

But in the end it will depend on the avaliability, which is really the biggest issue with VKB products (at least in Europe).

User 'st impressions there - with comments about buttons: https://www.reddit.com/r/hotas/comments/7llk3l/vkb_mcg_pro_arrives_in_the_frozen_north_first/

Just to add to my initial impressions:

The only thing I've found a drawback is that I can't find a suitable use for the concave hat on the joystick that has an X axis and a Y axis. If I set either axis to, for example, Bf 109 stabilizer trim, the trim wheel will move but will then return to its center position as soon as I release the hat (same sort of deal when trying to use the hat to adjust the gunsight on the Spitfire).

So, unless I'm missing something obvious about how to overcome that problem, that is the one feature of the stick that doesn't do anything for me right now.

Sounds like you need it changed from an axis to a button? Not sure what the software that comes with the stick is like but definitely achievable with something like Joytokey.

The only thing I've found a drawback is that I can't find a suitable use for the concave hat on the joystick that has an X axis and a Y axis. If I set either axis to, for example, Bf 109 stabilizer trim, the trim wheel will move but will then return to its center position as soon as I release the hat (same sort of deal when trying to use the hat to adjust the gunsight on the Spitfire).

This "mini-stick" came configured for use as radar "slew" in 'jets' or for 6DOF control in "kosmosima", resulting not practical in WWII planes.

For try use this as normal axis and overcome the return to center due spring is need change the axis behavior from "absolute" to "incremental" - what can be done through VKBDevCfg* - just don't ask how. :)

Other option is load a different buttons profile with this "mini-stick" acting as normal HAT send button press. Eventually VKB will provide others buttons profiles options.

Until this happen can use, e.g. Joy2key and set "mini-stick" axes to press keys.

*VKBDevCfg is not keymapper like TARGET, Manager... is firmware configurator, changing and store buttons profiles direct in Black Box controller memory. Is very powerful, but use enigmatic names for functions.  :wacko:

Edited by Sokol1

Thanks, I'll give those options a try. I know a little bit about how VKBDevCfg works.

Well, that was an exercise in frustration - IL2 doesn't like it when the axis was to Absolute to Relative. So, I tried the next thing - converting the axis to button presses. No dice. Looks like I need to head over to the VKB forums and ask there, because I'd really like to use that hat for more than just a single button press.

I went ahead and ordered the WWII Gunfighter last night.  We'll see how it goes when it gets here.  It should be a major upgrade over my 8+ year old CH Combat Stick

Well, that was an exercise in frustration - IL2 doesn't like it when the axis was to Absolute to Relative. So, I tried the next thing - converting the axis to button presses. No dice. Looks like I need to head over to the VKB forums and ask there, because I'd really like to use that hat for more than just a single button press.

Asking for help at VKB forum was a very right thing to do, it works the fastest. We monitor some other forums but tech support should be all in one place. Your question was passed to the engineers, and will be answered shortly.

Well, that was an exercise in frustration - IL2 doesn't like it when the axis was to Absolute to Relative. 

Curious, the top HAT do this change by press the center button:

"The top hat is a little more interesting. Pushing it in for two seconds will change the hat from being recognized as a POV Hat to an axis.

The axis by default does not return to center and instead increases/decreases when you move the hat."

https://imgur.com/a/7kBrC

"The top hat is a little more interesting. Pushing it in for two seconds will change the hat from being recognized as a POV Hat to an axis.

The axis by default does not return to center and instead increases/decreases when you move the hat."

Wow that sound like things could get interesting when using button presses on that hat...

Still not received any tracking details for mine. Glad I'm on holiday and not at home waiting for it to arrive.

Starting to get concerned that i'll be back home before it does arrive though.

I read that post as well and figured out the issue - I wasn't holding the button down long enough for the game to recognize it as an axis input. Once I did that, I was able to map the axis commands I wanted to map.

Anyone have any good suggestions for the two-stage trigger, or is that one of those things that's only really important for modern flight sims? My initial setup was to have Weapon Group 2 in the first stage and then have all guns fire in the second stage. Trouble is, I've found that I end up just squeezing the trigger all the way, so it kinda renders the idea moot.

Edited by LukeFF

Anyone have any good suggestions for the two-stage trigger, or is that one of those things that's only really important for modern flight sims? My initial setup was to have Weapon Group 2 in the first stage and then have all guns fire in the second stage. Trouble is, I've found that I end up just squeezing the trigger all the way, so it kinda renders the idea moot.

I love my two stage trigger for this game.

Stage 1 = Weapons group 1

Stage 2 = Weapons group 2

One trick to using separate guns is to frighten an opponent without wasting cannon rounds. Or if somebody is out of cannon range, but in mg range. Where you can spray them with just the mg's to both scare them and get a little damage, all while forcing them to maneuver and loose speed.

Edited by Warpig

Well I got a tracking number for my Gunfighter Pro with MCG Pro grip, but it looks like it got stuck in Shenzhen customs before even leaving China. I hope that's not the case and it's not held long if it is?

An interesting video review:

Since my budget for new gear this year has increased (i was going to buy the VPC throttle as well , but will now wait until the VKB throttle gets released next year or so), i think i'll just pull the trigger on the Gunfighter with MCG Pro as soon as it becomes avaliable in Europe.

• Upvote 1

Well I got a tracking number for my Gunfighter Pro with MCG Pro grip, but it looks like it got stuck in Shenzhen customs before even leaving China. I hope that's not the case and it's not held long if it is?

They charged my card - is there any way to track the order?

They charged my card - is there any way to track the order?

Yeah, you get an email with a note added to your order containing tracking details once the unit actually ships.