71st_AH_Mastiff

VKB Gunfighter + MCG Pre-Ordering starts October 1, 2017

My guess would be the Nov 1 date is when they gather up all the pre-orders and start the actual production/assembly of the product for the orders they have, or close thereafter.

I think that is the date also our CC's are going to be charged.

Edited by dburne

North american release date pushed back to Dec 1st.

From email:

VKB HQ shared with me today that they are not going to make it in time for the shipping date of November 1 as initially envisioned.

The main reason is debugging the various different firmware elements for the multiple different MCG variants to be programmed, tested, and injected into the Printed Circuit Boards (PCB). This enormous task is slowing things down more than expected.

From email:

Yeah I just got the email also.

Oh well...

Means a kind of "two weeks, be sure"™. :biggrin:

Ahahaha...

Oh well maybe for Xmas?

I might've missed it, but has it been clarified wether or not the mode selector of the Gladiator base will work for the MCG?

On the VKB website it only states 24 programmable buttons for the MCG Pro with Gladiator base, which would suggest that the mode selector will not work, but it also says "2 LEDs (Mode Selection)" under features, which seems a bit redundant if the selector has no effect.

This "24 programmable buttons"  (of MCG PRO) refer to grip capability, "mode" is related to base capability, no reason that don't work with MCG, as work with KG-12A or Warthog grips.

Thinking about getting the MCG Pro for my Fat Black Mamba III which I love. I noticed the US VKB site this blurb at the bottom. How "easy" is this install? Do I have to download any new firmware or drivers as well as replacing the PCB and cable? Any more details or videos on the conversion?

NOTE: Comes with a PCB (Printed Circuit Board) and cable to make the Black Fat Mamba compatible with the MCG grip. Some modification and assembly is required to for the conversion. Even though the conversion is easy and does not require any special skills, you should only attempt this if you feel comfortable using tools to disassemble and reassemble your device. VKB North America is NOT RESPONSIBLE for mistakes made during this process that may break or damage your item. Proceed with caution, work slowly and read ALL the instructions carefully.

kestrel,

This will be similar to what is need do for install the adapter need for use Warthog/Cougar grips in VKB bases:

This video can help you decide if have the needed skill for the job. BTW - The cat near is optional.  ;)

Simple and easy but I know cases of people that damage their Warthog internals trying do this process, as well cases of people damaging Warthog internals done that "unfamous" re-grease, because "people being people, all can happen":biggrin:

Edited by Sokol1

Could someone please, explain / describe, what " dry clutch" means?

This "Dry Clutch" is a kind of "drum brakes" (but inverted) for damper the return to center spring effect.

Their are adjustable (under the base), allowing you remove the effect, tune or increase to point that overcame spring force, and so - theoretically - the grip stay in last position comanded, what is useful for helicopter flight.

The intended effect is similar to damper in Gladiator "vanilla" - but in this the damper effect is achieved by use of special grease, like in the Warthog.

Edited by Sokol1

Soooo tempting to make a comment about how there is no damper effect when I use special grease on my stick....

Good thing I didn't.

I'd like to know how the VKB Gunfighter base is, compared to the Virpil MongoosT 50

I don't fly helis at all

Edited by Avyx

I recently got the Gladiator Mk. II.  It's an excellent stick.  I'm liking it a great deal.  I'm wondering if the Gladiator Pro, or Gunfighter, with the metal gimbals have even less of a center detent action and are that much better than the regular Gladiator.  I'm wondering if I should be happy with what I've got, which I am because it is a very large improvement over what I'm used to (TM16000m and CH Fighterstick) or am missing out on something that much better again that is worth the upgrade cost.  

I'd like to know how the VKB Gunfighter base is, compared to the Virpil MongoosT 50

I don't fly helis at all

Whenever I get the new MCG Pro grip ( presumably sometime in Dec), and get it hooked up to my new Gunfighter Pro, I will be able to give a fair comparison between the two. 

I have a feeling they will be very similar in quality and feel. 

I'm wondering if the Gladiator Pro, or Gunfighter, with the metal gimbals have even less of a center detent action and are that much better than the regular Gladiator.  

Indeed the reason for use CAM in joystick/pedal center is reduce the center detent present in "pincer" gimbal (CH, Cougar, Cobra M5, early Baur/VKB metal gimbal) or "compression disk" (Saiteks, T16000M, Warthog, 3DPRO).

A give CAM profile can eliminate almost that feel - but at trade of "loose" center - the stick may don't return to "0" center.

Anyway this JoyTester2 graphics (from il-2.ru)

Of Gladiator MK.II "vanilla":

post-52557-0-16086600-1482146824.jpg

And Gladiator PRO:

post-20211-0-30950900-1481975792.jpg

Show that in Gladiator Mk.II "vanilla" you have better control in the end of (joystick) movement.

The reason seems because the CAM profile at end of movement is not linear, but increase for try replicate the "real fell" that (some) 'virpilots' pursuit in their endless "Quest for the Real FELL Simulator". :)
Edited by Sokol1

Any news? Radio silence since the delay email.

That is all I have seen so far.

I wonder why the Gladiator Pro is no longer for sale on the website.  Discontinued?  I was thinking of buying that one so I could swap out grips.  I like the idea of all the buttons on the base over the Gunfighter.  

I wonder why the Gladiator Pro is no longer for sale on the website.  Discontinued?  I was thinking of buying that one so I could swap out grips.  I like the idea of all the buttons on the base over the Gunfighter.  

Soon...™

I am too, but as Google Translator "read" the guy say:

~ "We are preparing an announcement for Ganfayteram."

Or their post is announcement for a announcement relative to Gunfigher. :)

BTW - Gladiator PRO is listed as available in VKB main store (in China):

http://shop.vkb-sim.pro/items/gladiator-pro-mk2/

Edited by Sokol1

I think I found a source for one.  :-)

Now the decision.  I'm liking the Gladiator Mk II I have a lot.  But it still has a distinct center detent.  With the cams, I'm thinking the Pro doesn't have that.

Edited by WWGriphos

On  xplane-org : "International order shipping with USPS" = bad surprise for european customers  :unsure:

I hope that someday a good stock will be available in Europe because the demand for VKB and VIRPIL products is growing here...

On  xplane-org : "International order shipping with USPS" = bad surprise for european customers  :unsure:

I hope that someday a good stock will be available in Europe because the demand for VKB and VIRPIL products is growing here...

For European customer how much are the shipping cost?

IMO - European customers 2nd alternative is VKB main store in China, not in USA, shipping seems around $ 50 - anyway can be asked via their sales email.

Any news on the throttle products coming from VKB? I love my pedals and I'd like to purchase other peripherals. Currently in need of a new throttle and I would like to wait, but is it going to be, say, more than 3 years?

Edited by =CAF=xThrottle_Geek

Nope, now their priority is MCG grips - that is on risk to be postponed for after the Chinese New Year (Feb, 16).

Probable in Q2/2018 they release... an announcement about the throttle. ;)

Edited by Sokol1

What, MCG grips maybe delayed till Feb? Am I understanding that right?

That's a bummer, considering cancelling and ordering Virpil. They are also much closer to releasing their throttle too.

That's a bummer, considering cancelling and ordering Virpil. They are also much closer to releasing their throttle too.

I am about to that point as well, however I already have the Virpil setup along with a Gunfighter Pro, just waiting on this new grip to hook up the Gunfighter and see how it does. I really wanted to compare both and decide which I mainly prefer, but have been waiting on this new grip since I ordered the Gunfighter back in March.

Had I known back in March, it would be this long for the new grip I would not have ordered the Gunfighter when I did, especially as now it has been revised also. 

Edited by dburne

For your info dear Europen Customers,

Hurry up !!!

I've just ordered my Gladiator Pro MKII on the European Web Site after receiving an email confirmation that the joy was in stock now :biggrin:

Glad these are finally getting close to becoming a reality. I just had another button fail in my current stick.

Gunfighter Mk.II
Simultaneously with the MCG, but with less hype, comes the Gunfighter Mk.II – yes, the base has undergone some usability tweaking, and received a few invisible but quite useful engineering and technological touches.
Click for images
All pending pre-orders, current orders, and future Gunfighter orders will – of course – receive the Mk.II.

Looks like they added the ability to adjust the clutches from the outside? Is that correct?

According to an email I got at the end of November, the MCG was delayed until Dec 15. It's now Dec 17th and still no charge to my credit card, so it must have been delayed even further.