497 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like the Hawker Hurricane to be added as a Collector Plane

• Yes
    • No

Shameless

In a good way :salute:   

Yeah for the Hurricane...the plane that saved Moscow :cool:

• Upvote 1

I don't think it is fair to write off the hurricane as ugly & useless, even when you are voting 'Yes' and saying you will probably buy it then not fly it.   In the BoB each hurricane shot down more enemy aircraft on average than the more glamorous Spitfire.  Let me say that in another way;  Hurricanes shot down more enemies during the Battle Of Britain than spitfires did and that still holds true even if you adjust for the fact that there were more hurricanes than spits.    There is more to being a successful and effective fighter than being pretty & graceful.  On top of that, the hurricane was much better than the spitfire at ground attack and that is the core of BoX.  Larger bomb capacity, more accurate delivery, anti-tank cannons.     In the Storm Of War server on CLoD where each squadron was allocated a restricted amount of Spits & Hurris,  many squadrons gave their spitfires away to other squadrons in return for extra hurricanes and flew them exclusively.  Those squadrons had some of the best K/D ratios on the server.    If I was in a server that restricted its aircraft to BoM era aircraft I would choose the Hurri over the Mig-3 & I-16 and so would the rest of my squadron and I suspect so would many other squads.  Yes in the BoB they rarely had to fight anything more advanced than a 109 E4 and the BoM era included 109 e7s but flown properly they would still win many fights as well as decimating ground targets in a way the Mig & I-16 cannot then fly home with damage that would have destroyed the Migs & I-16s.

I'd like the Hurricane but only when the appropriate theatre comes along - Leningrad or Murmansk. I very much doubt that either will come in the short term so as things are other aircraft will be better additions.

The Hurricane would be out of place over Stalingrad or Krasnodar, and the ones to arrive near Moscow came after the front had calmed down there.

• Upvote 1

Kidding? 

Welllllll.......just trying to stimulate the debate. :cool: .  In terms of the Battle of Moscow the Hurricane played a major role and is the glaring ommission from the plane set.

Crap plane or not, it really would be nice to have it.

Only two regiments of the Kalinin front received them in January of 1942, and these only entered combat in March.

From someone in marketing your not helping here Lucas! :P

My friend, marketing is all about the right approach! :biggrin:

Get some community map makers (the technology is open and the same from RoF) to build a nice map of a relatively empty and simple area of Northern Africa, then sell a package with the map plus a third party Hurricane Mk II, a CR.42 and a few British ground vehicles. Other US/UK/LW aircraft from the game then get one tropical modification as needed and you have yourself an almost full-fledged MTO right there.

Edited by 216th_Lucas_From_Hell

That picture made me wonder what the inside of a Hurricane's wing looked like.

With that thick wing, it is really very roomy.

post-14464-0-67756400-1506643562_thumb.jpg

I am a 'yes' by the way.

build a nice map of a relatively empty and simple area of Northern Africa,............................. and you have yourself an almost full-fledged MTO right there.

Ummmm..nope.    What you've got there is a north african theatre.   Lets leave that to Team Fusion.  What I'm hoping for - in the medium term - is a couple of pacific maps followed by the invasion of Sicily and/or Italy.  Thats the way to a fully-fledged MTO. :cool:

With the coming G6 we already have the LW plane set for the summer of '43.  The devs can give us the map, a couple of British carriers and battlewagons, turn the Spit mk.V into the Seafire III, make an early P47 and P38 and the axis can have a proper Italian plane set with that fantastic 3 engine torpedo bomber-thingy.

What could go wrong?

Oops!  Apologies for the thread de-rail :o:

Yeah for the Hurricane! #2 :salute:   

Edited by DD_Arthur
  • Upvote 1

A desert map doesn't have to be accurate or historical, it's just the terrain that's needed, much like the old IL2 maps we used to have... they were very popular online.

We already have many aircraft that could be used on it.

And no, lets not leave it up to TF.... Many of us like and prefer the feeling of flight in 'this' game.

I have CloD, I support TF and think they are doing great things with it, and yes, I will buy their Med expansion when it comes out, but CloD is a different beast to the BoS series and a desert map done by a 3rd party would go down a storm I'm sure :)

• Upvote 2

Only two regiments of the Kalinin front received them in January of 1942, and these only entered combat in March.

The most recent DD says that the Moscow campaign will go into April, so there will be some scope to use them :)

Welllllll.......just trying to stimulate the debate. :cool: .  In terms of the Battle of Moscow the Hurricane played a major role and is the glaring ommission from the plane set.

Crap plane or not, it really would be nice to have it.

Well I never knew, so for me this was new. I read a article about the British squad based in Murmansk teaching the Russian about the Hurricane. They flew sorties with success and the only ones killed was two ground crews. They hung on the tail of the Hurricane while taxiing because of the bad mud, One pilot forgot they where there and took off with them still hanging over the tail. Both fell to their death and are buried in Murmansk the article showed the grave stone , it is well taken care of, The Russian people are clever taking care of the heroes from the war

With all the talk about requests for b25's & b17's I hope you guys haven't forgot about this beauty!! 

I know I haven't  :biggrin:  :salute: 

We need this aircraft!   :salute:

Well, it's a MkI, but you get the idea...

Hurri_1.jpg

Edited by Trooper117

Apparently the Russians even armed some of their Hurris with 12.7mm UBs or even ShVAKs!

Now those would be fun to see. This picture seems to have one armed with 2 UBs and 2 ShVAKs.

7nA5IZw.jpg

• Like 1

On 28/09/2017 at 10:48 PM, 56RAF_Roblex said:

Hurricanes shot down more enemies during the Battle Of Britain than spitfires did and that still holds true even if you adjust for the fact that there were more hurricanes than spits.

This.

The Hurricane actually accounted for 2/3rds of ALL RAF air to air victories between 1939-1945. Which is pretty impressive when you think that it's last major operational use in the western ETO (as a strike aircraft) was in 1943.

On 5/1/2018 at 5:09 PM, ATAG_Flare said:

Apparently the Russians even armed some of their Hurris with 12.7mm UBs or even ShVAKs!

Now those would be fun to see. This picture seems to have one armed with 2 UBs and 2 ShVAKs.

7nA5IZw.jpg

Oh Yes, gimme that version!

Looks like this Hurri is also carrying rockets. Now I want that as well :P

Edited by Roast

IL-2 Forgotten Battles had a couple of Hurricane IIs (including the soviet field mod Version).

I'd be in for a Mk IIc or IId and generally for all Hurribomber action.

Also, I'm into fun stuff, so a Sea Hurricane or (heavy breathing) a Hurricat would be most interesting to me.

The latter two may be part of the fictional title "BoA -Battle of the Atlantic".

Protagonists would be the Ju 88C (and Fw 200 as AI) on one side and boatloads of Coastal Command airplanes (Beaufighter, Mosquito) and FAA/ Merchant Fighters on the other.

One can dream, right?

How do we not already have this plane in the Eastern Front??? Come On Jason!!!

S!Blade<><

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, OrLoK said:

Let em get all the  planned content out first :)

Nope, I want it NOW!!!🙃

S!Blade<><

• Like 1

On 5/1/2018 at 5:09 PM, ATAG_Flare said:

This 12,7 mm was not UBS but UBK. UBS was a synchronized version (like in Jak - 1b), UBT for turrets  , UBK installed in the wing . 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berezin_UB

On 7/25/2018 at 12:49 PM, RAFCIO13 said:

This 12,7 mm was not UBS but UBK. UBS was a synchronized version (like in Jak - 1b), UBT for turrets  , UBK installed in the wing . 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berezin_UB

Haha, when I said "UBs" the "s" was meant to mean "multiple UB machine guns" not the S type of the gun. I didn't even know they had multiple types of UB guns!

Just my few cents here..... :

If there would ever be a map, or maybe even without (Leningrad) - why not a Hurricane to the Eastern Theatre?

When as a collector plane, you might fly it for the finnish air force, or as lend-lease for the soviet air force.