SYN_Haashashin

Friday Night Bomber Flight Topic

Can't do this one... i ask my squad' mat if they can.

21 hours ago, 56RAF_Stickz said:

hiya tip

Should be ok this Friday, so can you put me in for il2 (or perhaps a P40 if there are several English speakers to ground pound wiv) please.

Down with a IL2...

18 hours ago, 1.JaVA_Bojack_Horsefly said:

hi Tip, JaVA would like:

3x I-16 for Biggles, Zeredbaron and myself

3x P40 for Jumper, Keben and RedDevil.

Cheers!

1.JaVA  musters in...

15 hours ago, Nil said:

Excellent!

Thank you so much @LuseKofte ❤️❤️❤️

So Tante Ju for me! 

Thanks Tip to bring Auntie!

As does Nil...

14 hours ago, 13Nrv said:

In Il2 41 plz .

Ohhhhh yeahhhhh 

Thx

Done...

1 hour ago, [DBS]Browning said:

A DBS H6 please! 

and Done...

======================================

Pots right.

3 He-111s left and we need certainly Axis 109 and 110 drivers. Couple P-40s, others, Yaks still open for VVS...

Tip

Hiya Tip,

I would be keen to take part. Put me down for anything that needs flying :)

Hey Tip,

I'm a 50/50 for this one, so if you could just pencil me in for a G2, thanks.

If they fill up i'll grab anything that's left on the night.

Thanks..

5 hours ago, Flashy said:

Hiya Tip,

I would be keen to take part. Put me down for anything that needs flying :)

Need Axis and VVS Fighters. Stay loose in with a 109G and...

3 hours ago, JG5_Schuck said:

Hey Tip,

I'm a 50/50 for this one, so if you could just pencil me in for a G2, thanks.

If they fill up i'll grab anything that's left on the night.

Thanks..

Done...

Seems I can attend after all. 

Can I have the last IL2 

if it’s taken I can take a P 40

Mission "Mayday!" targeting sent out via PM to those who have signed up on this Forum.
Forward to those you have signed up.

If you signed up and didn't get Give a Holl'er.
See ya's,
Tip

20 minutes ago, [DBS]Tx_Tip said:

Mission "Mayday!" targeting sent out via PM to those who have signed up on this Forum.
Forward to those you have signed up.

If you signed up and didn't get Give a Holl'er.
See ya's,
Tip

didnt reveived it

whilst its no big deal, I notice you have me down for il2 slot and a yak1 for some reason. Yak1 that need at least some basic AA skills is wasted on me.

Tip, I'm likely to be a late arrival this week, due to a charity golf tournament starting at 7 am, but should not be late by much.

Please put me down for a Yak since those are short.

However, if NN squad shows up with numbers & need my Yak to fly together, kindly give it to them & put me in whatever else is left (always happy to fly with 1.JaVA or the IL-2's).

Thanks!

I am afraid I can not fly with you guys, something new came up, I am sorry

Maybe @LuseKofte you can take my spot and do some infidelity to your beloved Il2??

35 minutes ago, Nil said:

Maybe @LuseKofte you can take my spot and do some infidelity to your beloved Il2??

I think that’s too late I already got briefing. Only opened it and peaked at it. So I won’t be able to utilize it. 

If Tip find it useful I gladly take the tinbox

9 hours ago, II/JG11ATLAN said:

didnt reveived it

Added you to Terzerole's

8 hours ago, 56RAF_Stickz said:

whilst its no big deal, I notice you have me down for il2 slot and a yak1 for some reason. Yak1 that need at least some basic AA skills is wasted on me.

Doppleganger...

6 hours ago, =FI=Blue2 said:

Tip, I'm likely to be a late arrival this week, due to a charity golf tournament starting at 7 am, but should not be late by much.

Please put me down for a Yak since those are short.

However, if NN squad shows up with numbers & need my Yak to fly together, kindly give it to them & put me in whatever else is left (always happy to fly with 1.JaVA or the IL-2's).

Thanks!

NN's sitting this one out...

2 hours ago, Nil said:

Bummer...

Cathaoir going to be busy...

1 hour ago, LuseKofte said:

I think that’s too late I already got briefing. Only opened it and peaked at it. So I won’t be able to utilize it. 

Yep you know the drill. No side switches after briefings are sent.

Besides you may want to transfer over to a Yak after they get done painting those swastika's on your tail from last week...

Posted (edited)

We can't do this one, but next one probably yes!

Edited by NN_Razor
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, LuseKofte said:

18 hours ago, [DBS]Tx_Tip said:

Yep you know the drill. No side switches after briefings are sent.

Besides you may want to transfer over to a Yak after they get done painting those swastika's on your tail from last week...

Ok I managed to free myself so all is allright!

Gosh how real life can be difficult to handle sometimes...

Sorry about that "no" and "yes"

Edited by Nil

Posted (edited)

The  Tante Ju`s drop

Edited by 216th_SilentEskimo
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)

20190511090224_1.thumb.jpg.e7d93c38a28f284cbad7df76621c93c7.jpg

again nice Event ,Operation MAYDAY again, yesterday

thx to all especially to tip for maken it happen again.

first we wie fly Bf109G2s after first sortie we switched to Bf109F2s a more agile plane against the" ratas" in dogfights

result for II/JG11:                   KILLS                                                   KILLED

II/JG11ATLAN                         1XRATA 1XMIG3                               Bailed out, but to Deep, after trying to catch a rata

II/JG11TERZEROLE                2XRATA 1XMIG3                                crashed with MIG3

II/JG11PUMA                           1XP40

here some pics

20190511090942_1.jpg

20190511090950_1.jpg

20190511091057_1.jpg

20190511091059_1.jpg

20190511091150_1.jpg

20190511091249_1.jpg

20190511091832_1.jpg

20190511092150_1.jpg

20190511092152_1.jpg

20190511092153_1.jpg

20190511092234_1.jpg

20190511092251_1.jpg

20190511092253_1.jpg

20190511092344_1.jpg

20190511092345_1.jpg

20190511092421_1.jpg

20190511092447_1.jpg

20190511092505_1.jpg

20190511092506_1.jpg

20190511092530_1.jpg

20190511093714_1.jpg

20190511093729_1.jpg

20190511093744_1.jpg

20190511094026_1.jpg

20190511094035_1.jpg

20190511094039_1.jpg

20190511094041_1.jpg

Edited by II/JG11ATLAN
  • Like 9

Some Il-2 action...

Il2_lineup.thumb.jpg.0a0762bbf3cf4dfc9a7aa6607975bdd7.jpg

1928177083_Il-2sinaction.thumb.jpg.7f516faa68a84668b246d887bceaad59.jpg

And Luse for the kill....Il2_kill.thumb.jpg.0ad914368066f9c01a69e160b01cc3cf.jpg

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Yes I saw one of the Yaks shoot at it just when I was to pull the trigger. I did not think he hit it enough. I gave it a burst with my 20 mm and it fell. The Yak got the kill and I got a shared

I lost bits of my tail. I wonder if it was aaa, the gunner of JU 52 or a tree. 

Those trees do not like me and probably account for 90% of my pilots death

Edited by LuseKofte
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, LuseKofte said:

Yes I saw one of the Yaks shoot at it just when I was to pull the trigger. I did not think he hit it enough. I gave it a burst with my 20 mm and it fell. The Yak got the kill and I got a shared

I lost bits of my tail. I wonder if it was aaa, the gunner of JU 52 or a tree. 

Those trees do not like me and probably account for 90% of my pilots death

He was hit enough - fire from the left engine. No need to kill. 

It's funny how perspective is sometimes different "Yes I saw one of the Yaks shoot at it just when I was to pull the trigger. I did not think he hit it enough"  You must be hell of the sniper @LuseKofte 😉

image.thumb.png.d8b946ce7633101ca4ba7a17e5443d0d.png

image.thumb.png.8c1a16c1e9da051b57fb35d1ac6d7209.png

image.thumb.png.644deb9cf4e940005dcebc70d0c43ef8.png

then you was slap by invisible hand  😉

end of bloodlust 😉

WM3r5xD.jpg

Great and one of the fairly calm mission, thanks TIP , I hope no hard feelings @LuseKofte

Edited by 307_Tomcat
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Had a great time last night, thanks to everyone who pitched up, and obviously to Tip for organizing everything. I'm not sure if this is the appropriate thread to make some suggestions, but yesterday I overheard Tip and someone else (might have been Nil) talking about the U-2 and how its not very useful in missions and that we need more gameplay options and loadouts for it. While I pretty much agree with everything they were saying, I thought I would make some suggestions as to how it might be used in FNBF missions:

• have a recon role setup for the aircraft, so instead of telling players where the "points of interest" (tanks, infantry columns, etc) are, rather give the U-2 pilots a bunch of general locations to go scout and then its up to them to come back to base and inform the "commander" where the enemy actually is. There would need to be a bit of extra mission coding here to ensure that recon planes are recorded as having spotted the target(complex trigger set to named aircraft only-easily done) and that they return to base safely (again complex trigger for named aircraft set to OnEvent Landed Safely - easy). You can even do some other cool stuff here, like making the targets start moving 1 or 2 hours after they realise they have been spotted, so there is a time limit for how long the intel remains relevant, and then the bomber guys tasked with attacking those targets jobs' will be easier if they get there quick enough..

• The above will obviously take time, so it could be cool to let certain pilots (like the U-2 guys) start the mission earlier than everyone else to allow them to do "boring", but critical-to-mission-success support roles.Maybe the Ju52 guys could also go do some supply drops at the same time or something? An early dawn/daybreak mission that starts at 1800 UTC could be great for this. Having said that, there would be nothing stopping the fighter guys from jumping on as well, but I'm not sure how many of them would want to hunt U-2's at dawn, so thats why I was thinking of keeping the "official" start time of the mission at 1900 UTC, but allowing the "support" aircraft to start earlier to  do their boring stuff :P This would obviously depend on how many people want to fly support roles in missions, but there usually seems to be quite a few guys who enjoy this (myself included).

• following on the idea above, what about starting the mission at night and letting the u-2's go out and do a night bombing raid on a known German position (artillery camp maybe)? Again, by the time the "official" mission start time of 1900UTC comes around, it will be day time in the mission, but if you start the mission at say 1700UTC for the U-2 guys, then you could easily have 1 hour of darkness and 1 hour of dawn before the main mission starts to do these things. There could also be an opportunity here for other players who like to fly at night (night fighters or night bombing anyone?) to do some stuff as well if they want.  

• Support mission on friendly side of the lines - there was a medevac mission last night I think for the Germans, but you could also have one where a U-2 pilot has to fly to another friendly airfield to pick up a wounded airman and take him back to another airfield near a hospital. This can all be done on friendly side of the lines. The main reason I went for this scenario is because we cant land the U-2 off-field (really devs??) so it has to be at an airfield, and landing at an enemy airfield would be a bit strange. There are many other options here though (spy mission, take a General to another sector, etc).

Finally, some might feel that doing this will split the playerbase up, and result in fewer pilots flying during the main mission time, but there will be nothing to stop the U-2 and JU-52 pilots from switching into other planes after their support missions are done. This will just give those that want to:  a.) fly for longer than the standard mission time, and b.) do some "niche" missions like night flying or support missions a chance to do so. We hardly ever see night missions in online events because most players dont want to do it  (understandable - its pretty tricky and not much air-to-air combat) but there are still players who do like it, and this gives them a chance.

Anyway, this post is getting long, so wont go on, but tell me what you guys think of these ideas. Stupid? Awesome? Pointless? let me know!

TL/DR - start the FNBF missions earlier with either a dawn or night start time and let U-2 or JU-52 pilots do cool support stuff before the main mission starts..

• Thanks 1

@Flashy 307th is night fighter squadron and why not try to recon , I don't mind flying "less offensive" mission and for a change fly U-2. 

I think there is niche for that kind of gameplay.

FNBF is one of its kind sport, so I don't mind what TIP will choose , glad that he have time and resources to do it as it is now.

• Upvote 1

Good Pics and vids all...

Tomcat that needs to be investigated as one of the invisible but in your post visible terrain bugs. I might be able to track that down using the logs but do you remember where this happened. Around Nov. Roganchik perhaps?

Fleshy much of what you suggested has already been done within FNBF to utilize logistical aircraft such as the Ju-52 and the U-2 when they first came out. However having the mission run in the pre-dawn before the full contingent of aircraft get started is an interesting idea. :good: 

Let me look at how feasible (time constraints) and what this would actually entail within the ME to run correctly .  

In the meantime, Tip take a direct Flak hit:

Mayday! Mayday!

MaydayAAR_2.jpg

Tip

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, 307_Tomcat said:

Great and one of the fairly calm mission, thanks TIP , I hope no hard feelings @LuseKofte

Actually I felt like stealing, fire at it. I realized my burst had nothing to do about its demise. 

In your perspective it might seem a long way. But projectories of the cannon on a IL2 as wrong as it may be. Is very effective at that range. Long distance shooting in a IL2 have killed a lot of 109 in this game. No hard feelings I should have left it alone myself

here is a screenshot from right now

D77B011A-4228-41C5-923C-93F97F3CA90D.jpeg

Edited by LuseKofte
  • Like 6

As always, another great mission and nice flying, gents!

Can't wait for the next one, enjoy your weekend!

:salute:

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, 307_Tomcat said:

@Flashy 307th is night fighter squadron and why not try to recon , I don't mind flying "less offensive" mission and for a change fly U-2. 

I think there is niche for that kind of gameplay.

FNBF is one of its kind sport, so I don't mind what TIP will choose , glad that he have time and resources to do it as it is now.

307th? Is that a player squadron/event, or do you just mean the 307th was a historical night fighter squad?

Yeah, I really enjoy FNBF and dont want it to change much, I just thought a few suggestions on other mission types wouldnt hurt, and also its stuff that is relatively easy to do in the ME, and wont require much to be changed to accommodate - I realise Tip doesnt have much time.

1 hour ago, [DBS]Tx_Tip said:

Fleshy much of what you suggested has already been done within FNBF to utilize logistical aircraft such as the Ju-52 and the U-2 when they first came out. However having the mission run in the pre-dawn before the full contingent of aircraft get started is an interesting idea. :good: 

Let me look at how feasible (time constraints) and what this would actually entail within the ME to run correctly .  

lol.. Fleshy! Thats a WAY better nick! Wish I'd thought of that... 😂 

I dont think it would be problematic to implement in the ME - basically just adding two hours to each timer currently in the mission and moving the mission start back to say 4:30am would be enough to preserve the current mission logic I would think. If you need help with missions, let me know. I'm pretty handy with the ME and have made quite a few missions.. I never release them though 😉

Edited by Flashy

13 minutes ago, Flashy said:

307th? Is that a player squadron/event, or do you just mean the 307th was a historical night fighter squad?

Yeah, I really enjoy FNBF and dont want it to change much, I just thought a few suggestions on other mission types wouldnt hurt, and also its stuff that is relatively easy to do in the ME, and wont require much to be changed to accommodate - I realise Tip doesnt have much time.

I dont think it would be problematic to implement in the ME - basically just adding two hours to each timer currently in the mission and moving the mission start back to say 4:30am would be enough to preserve the current mission logic I would think. If you need help with missions, let me know. I'm pretty handy with the ME and have made quite a few missions.. I never release them though 😉

13 minutes ago, Flashy said:

307th was night fighter squadron in RL

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/No._307_Polish_Night_Fighter_Squadron

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

If the undercarriage of the U2 was not that fragile I could imagine it to be used as some kind of helicopter or bush plane. It would be capable to sneek up on enemy tanks, vehicles and installations flying low level just landing and hiding in between trees and houses. Perhaps we get there one day.

Edited by [DBS]El_Marta
  • Upvote 3

Actually I felt like stealing, fire at it. I realized my burst had nothing to do about its demise. 

In your perspective it might seem a long way. But projectories of the cannon on a IL2 as wrong as it may be. Is very effective at that range. Long distance shooting in a IL2 have killed a lot of 109 in this game. No hard feelings I should have left it alone myself

here is a screenshot from right now

D77B011A-4228-41C5-923C-93F97F3CA90D.jpeg

Beautiful nature!!!!

Posted (edited)

Yes 30 minutes drive from home. Sat there with my wife and daughter and explained myself. just came back n ow

Edited by LuseKofte

13 hours ago, LuseKofte said:

Yes 30 minutes drive from home. Sat there with my wife and daughter and explained myself. just came back n ow

wow i like it where do you live?

2 hours ago, II/JG11ATLAN said:

wow i like it where do you live?

Tromsoe

Northern part of Norway 

31 minutes ago, LuseKofte said:

Tromsoe

Northern part of Norway 

Wow 2922km from here never been so far in the north very nice

600 km north of the arctic circle means late spring. No light in winter and only light in summer. But we have free and easy access to fishing and hunting. A very nice scenery to go with it. Just bought a 🚣 my old one sunk 😬

here is from today from my house

EFC6FB16-E5C0-4A84-943C-E6AC0865EF64.jpeg

• Like 2

Tromsoe, it's where the Tirpitz was no?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NN_Razor said:

Tromsoe, it's where the Tirpitz was no?

It was after multiple attacks further north in Kaafjord south of Alta damaged by Fleet air arm minisubs from HMS Navy and Lancasters landing in Russia. It became inoperable

In 1944 Russia pushed over the borders and it was towed to Tromsoe as a artillery unit for meeting the red hordes.

Where it sunk in December after several hits from Bigboys dropped from Lancasters

I dived on it , still some human remains there. It is not much left of it sice we utilized its steel

• Upvote 1

Here a Pic from my little balcony in Solingen Germany no fjord no mountains only the sun is shining but that's nice

20190512_152030.jpg

• Like 1

600 km north of the arctic circle means late spring. No light in winter and only light in summer. But we have free and easy access to fishing and hunting. A very nice scenery to go with it. Just bought a 🚣 my old one sunk 😬

here is from today from my house

EFC6FB16-E5C0-4A84-943C-E6AC0865EF64.jpeg

I saw you looking out of your window!

DDnTvrF.jpg

• Haha 8