Game version 1.201 discussion: Moscow Map and Campaign Open Beta, Ju-88, 64-bit

Yankee_One

Unbelievable!!

Yesterday a HUGE patc, now a hotfix. May i hug all of the devs :biggrin:

Enjoy the weekend as we do with our new sim.

Great team

and THX

Just one thing. Your server connection is very fast. Didnt had any problems at all- Even yesterdays patch was fast in downloading.

Edited by LcSummers
senseispcc

No superlatives are strong enough to say how beautiful this game is now!

The clouds are wonderful.

The ground terrain is perfect so landing is now a piece of cake.

Going to x64 makes for my system a big improvement in performances.

Thanks for this new IL2 series game and all this updates.

The future Is Bright. :)

216th_Jordan

Is it just me or is spotting on the new map and with increased shader cache even harder?

Sure had trouble with the Mig today :biggrin:

Edited by 71st_AH_Jordan
  • Upvote 1
310_cibule

First of all: thanks a lot for all you have done with this game.

I wonder if you can help me with my problem. I cannot unlock the mods. I see Account, Purchases and Licence keys in my Profile site only. Both licences - BoS and BoM - are activated. Any help?

Jade_Monkey

Is it just me or is spotting on the new map and with increased shader cache even harder?

Sure had trouble with the Mig today :biggrin:

I dont think it has anything to do.

ERstalhuth

I can't download this patch, always stop the download at the half, I have to close the launcher and the download start again from the begin 

Finkeren

I can't download this patch, always stop the download at the half, I have to close the launcher and the download start again from the begin 

You propably need to delete the update cache.

Voidhunger

Thanks for the update and activation of the unlocks , but it doesnt work when Im trying to play offline. unlocks are still there.

Amazing difference in performance, the 64 bit mumbo jumbo makes for a smoother ride. Great stuff. Frames drop only when looking at 15-20+ ground units in the same screen, but that's understandable. Even with this it is night and day difference.

Is it possible to verify/validate an install with the non-Steam version?

Also, is anyone else having jumpy head tracking in OpenTrack?

Thanks for the hard work devs. It's amazing what you've achieved!

Edited by Albino
III/JG2Gustav05

Owners of IL-2: Battle of Moscow Premium Edition can get access to aircraft modifications now here https://il2sturmovik.com/account/

1) Use button "Activate unlocks BoM":

attachicon.gifUntitled-1.jpg

2) Then press "Activate unlocks":

attachicon.gifUntitled-2.jpg

3) Run or restart game.

Owners of Premium accounts can activate all modifications without unlocking them in Campaign mode. You have a Premium account if you bought Premium edition. Activating modifications cannot be reverted so you must make a considerate and thoughtful decision before you click the button. Note that this button doesn’t activate unlockable plane skins which remain obtainable through the Campaign.

Owners of the Standard Edition have an opportunity to unlock aircraft modifications through the gameplay process.

I am sorry that why I have no activation button in my account? I only have 3 buttons instead.

Captureuuu.jpg

I am sorry that why I have no activation button in my account? I only have 3 buttons instead.

Captureuuu.jpg

Gustaf , just login to your IL2. Go to Profile. On the right hand side you will see The Unlock Buttons.

Edited by jaydee

how to do that?

Go in your installation directory. At the root, you have an updates directory. Delete all the files and directory you have inside. Then re launch the launcher. It will check the files of the game and will download what you need.

The right directory is that one :

H:\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\updates

Be carrefull, there is a directory named updater in the data repertory. Do not touch to that one.

II/JG11_ATLAN_VR

Sorry TRACK IR dont work anymore vers. 5.4. any suggestions?

solved Change in startcf. old trackir from 1 to 0 and it works

Edited by II/JG11ATLAN
310_cibule

Gustaf , just login to your IL2. Go to Profile. On the right hand side you will see The Unlock Buttons.

I have got the same problem (and even mentioned it in this thread earlier). Having Premium version of BoM and being able to fly all of its planes I don't see Unlock button in my proflle though.   

I see exactly the same what Gustav does. 

Edited by 310_cibule

Sorry TRACK IR dont work anymore vers. 5.4. any suggestions?

I had the same issue.  Spent most of the day fiddling with it.  I think the final solution is to:

1 unplug the trackir

2 uninstall the trackir, and the natural point usb drivers,

3 reboot

4 download the newest trackir software, which is 5.4.1 and install it as Administrator

5 plug the trackir back in

6 update your games profiles.

Make sure you install Trackir to the same hard drive that IL-2 is on (not sure about this last bit, but it is important with teamspeak, Arma 3, TFAR)

Good luck

[DBS]El_Marta

Bombsight Auto view angle / distance setting  is lost when switching to manual.  Iirc before the patch you could set your view angle in auto and switch to manual and back whithout the auto view angle being changed. Thus you could use auto for lining up with the target and manual for the release. This does not work anymore and makes bomb runs more difficult.

I found out that the view angle setting is saved if you  go via "view"  from "manual" to "auto" and back. Problem solved.

Edited by [DBS]El_Marta
Buglord

Thank You for the update .....apart from all the goodness that this patch has im also very happy that my ctds has stopped happening :)

Yep. It's opposite side of x64 - Free Track is too old for it.

You may to use Open Track. Or you may to use this hack from russian forum:

http://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/4168-obsuzhdenie-versii-1201-moskva-karta-i-kampaniya-ope/?p=401115

What do you mean too old?

I've been playing DCS, which is 64-bit, for years and still use Freetrack. Also Rise of Flight, Il-2 1946, Il-2 Cliffs of Dover, War Thunder, etc. and Freetrack is working just fine with all of those!

And I really don't want to use Opentrack or any other "fixes". And, although I learned Russian many years ago, I really don't want to search for a "solution" or a "workaround" which includes additional drivers, software or such on a Russian forum.

Such workarounds are not needed for those sims.

Edited by Rabb
LLv24_Zami

What do you mean too old?

I've been playing DCS, which is 64-bit, for years and still use Freetrack. Also Rise of Flight, Il-2 1946, Il-2 Cliffs of Dover, War

Thunder, etc. and Freetrack is working just fine with all of those!

And I really don't want to use Opentrack or any other "fixes". And, although I learned Russian many years ago, I really don't want to search

for a "solution" or a "workaround" which includes additional drivers, software or such on a Russian forum.

Such workarounds are not needed for those sims.

Nice attitude man.

Why in the name of God you wan't to stick with FreeTrack when Opentrack does the same and better. And it works

• Upvote 2

It was a huge update. Then the hotfix. My game wouldn't run properly after that. Maybe something glitched during the download. I loaded my saved copy of version 1.06 and re-downloaded the new patch. Everything works great now. Pretty painless. Started the download last night before bedtime. Everything was ready to go this morning. The sim is running very smoothly with good frame rates. I think as they polish BoS/BoM (what will the combined sim come to be called?) for final release, this puppy should be running glassy smooth.

(bad spelling)

Edited by Rjel
216th_Lucas_From_Hell

Final sim is called Il-2 Sturmovik :)

No_85_Gramps

Why in the name of God you wan't to stick with FreeTrack when Opentrack does the same and better. And it works

Personally I have used opentrack for quite a while now. Given the number of games the OP plays, and probably being comfortable w/FreeTrack, it could be a hassle re-configuring everything.

Final sim is called Il-2 Sturmovik :)

And of course in all the years we've flown Il-2 Sturmovik in its many versions, that's exactly what we called it. ;)

NN_RugbyGoth

Personally I have used opentrack for quite a while now. Given the number of games the OP plays, and probably being comfortable w/FreeTrack, it could be a hassle re-configuring everything.

I was using freetrack too. But I decided to use opentrack when they announced freetrack wouldn't be supported anymore (the issue with freetrack is that it's an abandonware for some years now, so it will never be updated anymore). I had to reconfigure everything which took approx 2hours, but now everything is fine and I'm very glad with this solution. Give it a go, you won't be disappointed, just be sure to set old_trackir to 0 instead of 1 in the startup.cfg file  :salute:

LLv24_Zami

Personally I have used opentrack for quite a while now. Given the number of games the OP

plays, and probably being comfortable w/FreeTrack, it could be a hassle re-configuring everything.

Life is a hassle. Sometimes you just have to upgrade things, that's the way it is.

Freetrack is old, I think more and more games in future won't work with it. Opentrack is developed and getting regular updates.

Other option is to buy TrackIR and get rid of the hassle.

No_85_Gramps

Life is a hassle. Sometimes you just have to upgrade things, that's the way it is.

Freetrack is old, I think more and more games in future won't work with it. Opentrack is developed and getting regular updates.

Other option is to buy TrackIR and get rid of the hassle.

Well moving forward is the answer. I had tried facetracknoir, freetrack, and opentrack when I first got interested in head tracking. A simple 3 IR led clip (homemade), a cheap PS3 cam, and opentrack have made the simming experience so much more rewarding. I regularly check the opentrack site and monitor and report issues to the developer. I know it's not everyone's cup-of-tea, but I really like it.

216th_Nocke

Campaign actually feels great so far, less repetitive as the old one.

But I cant play the movie of the first chapter. Any workaround available for that?

And thanks again for this really great update. Its fantastic how I can fly now low over the ground and still see all the ground objects and trees absolutely smooth and finally

very recognisable.

LLv24_Zami

Well moving forward is the answer. I had tried facetracknoir, freetrack, and opentrack when I

first got interested in head tracking. A simple 3 IR led clip (homemade), a cheap PS3 cam, and opentrack have made the simming

experience so much more rewarding. I regularly check the opentrack site and monitor and report issues to the developer. I know it's

not everyone's cup-of-tea, but I really like it.

It's great, I use Delanclip and Ps3 camera. Works very well in all games with Opentrack. I generally use the same profile in all my games so not so much hassle once you got it right.

It's great, I use Delanclip and Ps3 camera. Works very well in all games with Opentrack. I generally use the same profile in all my games so not so much hassle once you got it right.

yeah, same here

Had tried Opentrack before and didnt like it bc I could not make it work properly. Now I was forced to get it working and I´m glad I did, Opentrack feels more smooth and precise than freetrack

Blitzen

But I cant play the movie of the first chapter. Any workaround available for that?

And thanks again for this really great update. Its fantastic how I can fly now low over the ground and still see all the ground objects and trees absolutely smooth and finally

very recognisable.

I agree the campaign is more complex in teerms of aircraft numbers at least...I do have a simpleton question:What happens on any mission if you avoid flying through the way points& fly straight to target 7 back.I assume the waypoints are triggers for action 7 be avoiding them you won't see any opposition,correct? I only ask because nearly every map route is nearly a square and none seem very efficient use of time & fuel..

SYN_Mike77

I have been using msi afterburner framerate counter to test framerates for some time.  However, since the patch it no longer shows up in game.  It still works for RoF and other games, just not IL2.  Any thoughts on how I can get it working again?

216th_Jordan

very recognisable.

The movies are still WIP :)