Game version 1.201 discussion: Moscow Map and Campaign Open Beta, Ju-88, 64-bit

Han

Jade_Monkey

Campaing is very buggy. First mission with Ju-88 my sole wingman seperated right after takeoff (crashed?) and I ended up completing the mission all alone. Second sorty right after takeoff all 3 Ai Ju-88 iof my flight complained they had no ammo left and requested landing permission. They eventually rejoined my flight after some time for some reason.

The first sortie's task was to bomb 5 artillery pieces, sounds simple enough. Until oyu figure the game engine blends their models out at 800m distance and you have to get in suicidal range to only see them.

Second attack, apart formt he ai habbits, ws more interesting. Task was to bomb a supply depot within a big city. For some reason the buildings of the suplpy depot looked the same as the rest of the city so I bombed on prediction. Destroyed multiple rialroad buildings and warehouses and get message "Mission failed, all bombs missed target." If it wasn't for my luck to down 2 Migs after I probably would have flown for 40min wihtout getting a single point...

So yea, pretty much what I expected. To bad it's almost essential to go threw it to unlock improtant modifications for aircraft like the 110 and Ju-88, which othewise have way less combat potential.

Mods are now unlockabke through your account settings like in BoS

6./ZG26_5tuka

Thx, but my BoM version is standrad. Either way I wanted to give the campaign a try since it's new and was meant ot be "different" from BoS's campaing.

If you fully zoom in on the target area in the map  before starting the flight, it should be easier to identify which section is the target, at least this was the case in BoS, I have not tried yet in BoM, so am not talking from experience

Cheers Dakpilot

well, you can unlock everything for Ju88 in less than 2 hrs, just do short missions .

i'm pretty sad that you cannot drop all 44 SC50 bombs at once ,they are in separate bomb bays : one has 28 bombs and the other 16 . :)

6./ZG26_Emil

this update is an amazing step in the development of the IL-2 series. only thing missing now is the 88 template so we can have all the amazing custom skins :)

Yep I couldn't agree more, I have been especially looking forward to the new map and they haven't disappointed...it's stunning as are the new fog effects and the airfields are really lovely.

All we need now are the server owners to hurry up and make some missions :D

well, you can unlock everything for Ju88 in less than 2 hrs, just do short missions .

i'm pretty sad that you cannot drop all 44 SC50 bombs at once ,they are in separate bomb bays : one has 28 bombs and the other 16 . :)

Dropping 28 is still pretty hilarious. Line up on a train and leave a trail of destruction in your wake :D

Tell your gunners to attack ground targets as well for added amusement....it will never get boring lol

yes, i noticed , of course 28 bombs at once  is still pretty amazing

To the moon and back :)

1zp4855.jpg

Edited by [DBS]Prody

CZEforzamike

Hi guys, must i reinstall all game to have a 64bit version running? Or it is done via update automatically?

Thank you for answer  :)

6./ZG26_5tuka

Hi guys, must i reinstall all game to have a 64bit version running? Or it is done via update automatically?

It's not nessecary, though multiple guys have reported crashes since the update, so a complete reinstall seems recommendable (personally I did not have any crashes since the update, made a fresh reinstall neverthanless).

• Upvote 1

Jade_Monkey

Thank you for answer :)

Automatically

• Upvote 1

=EXPEND=Capt_Yorkshire

Hi  i've encountered a problem on the snow maps when flying low  its seems very white is this the fog?  its making il2 missions pretty tricky also its very hard to spot the runway, other than that update is great .

Edited by Capt_Yorkshire

XQ_Lothar29

thanks for this update, expecting improvements

Bugs reporting section?

Thx 777 and 1C

Edited by E69_Lothar29

How do you do a complete reinstall on the Steam version( I have no "uninstall option in any of the Steam apps/common/BoS folders?Can I save key settings,skins ,SM's& Official & PWCG campaigns? :huh:

71st_AH_Mastiff

How do you do a complete reinstall on the Steam version( I have no "uninstall option in any of the Steam apps/common/BoS folders?Can I save key settings,skins ,SM's& Official & PWCG campaigns? :huh:

you right click on the Steam icon in your steam library, then click on properties, then click on local files in the tabs, and then verify files.

Edited by 71st_Mastiff
  • Upvote 1

Haven't tried the Campaign yet, (will soon tho,) the experience I had within the QMB was excellent! I'm impressed with how much smoother/optimised  this sim has become, (even from the launcher). The sound of and appearance of the flak!! WoW, it's amazing imo, seems to have a real atmosphere about it. Like how, holding down the Left Shift key allows you to look around, (after taking control of the turret), as a gunner. Need fine movements for that one ;)  

Can't say I've had any issue's with the QMB, or with the launching to date, but I'll keep a lookout for anything that may improve the experience over all.

I think the 64bit decision was truly a huge leap forward, looks gorgeous too!. Will be driving the Ju 88 A-4 more, feels unique.

Ohh, I ran the sim with one AMD card, then launched again and ran in Crossfire. All good, no issues, felt just as smooth on both occasions, driver is the current Beta version.   

Thanks again, gee you guy's are doing an excellent job!!. 

Screenies, just a couple, I promise :)

post-23608-0-23141500-1459522622_thumb.jpgpost-23608-0-59547200-1459522722_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

JG51_Beazil

Yes. Getting login errors and fairly regular crashes during long missions. Only mentioning it because it's more common than before.

The game itself seems smoother to me though and the new ju88 is fun to fly. Feels like I'm cheating with all those bombs. Really enjoying this update. You guys have done one amazing work here. Off to explore more as time allows.

i think you need a clean reinstall. i have no problems. i had only one single crash in a fairly crowded SP mission last night

SvAF/F16_Goblin

Really great update. I only miss one, for me, critical omission. The possibility to have a joystick button as modifier to minimize the need for keyboard use!

Please dev team, add this one :)

Firstly I love this game and well done to the guys doing a sterling job developing it.

Second, my brand new custom built PC is having to be sent back to the idiots who built it for the second time since I got it in February, consequently I can't fly this latest amazing update yet, sooooooooooooo any screen shots or videos of the new map, fog, Ju88 or anything really are most welcome.

Cheers.

you right click on the Steam icon in your steam library, then click on properties, then click on local files in the tabs, and then verify files.

attachicon.gifhelpsteam.jpg

Did that first thing=No Joy.... :huh:

Edited by Blitzen

attachicon.gifhelpsteam.jpg

Here's problem on my Steam install ( entered elsewhere initially but might be better here;)

I bought BoS at the very beginning & later got the Steam version,so now I have two installs in my C: drive .One exists all by itself & one in steamapps/common/.The Steam install has had one re-occurring problem through the last 2 or 3 updates:In "missions the "settings: tab doesn't work so I cannot change color schemes our of "default" or change weapons loads.Is this true in all 3rd party missions?

ALSO in the early free standing version of BoS it automatically installed the new update & I have the Ju-88 & BoM beta which is all good,but I have an indication that the exe.,is 32 bit-is this as it should be?Is the game really 64 bit as advertised? Do I need to do anything special to make sure it ( or the Steam version,)are running 64 bit?

Edited by Blitzen

• 1CGS

Dear pilots, we just released the hotfix 1.201b.

1. Wind can be heard in the cockpit again;
2. Ju-88 propellers can be damaged;
3. Ju-88: it's no longer possible to fire invisible turret MGs after ditching the cockpit;
4. AI controlled MiG-3 planes should no longer wobble while flying in formation;
5. Texture cache has been increased thanks to 64-bit executable (skins should switch less frequently while viewing different objects);
6. Bomb/rocket release handles on Soviet planes won't do a full turn instead of normal one (happened in some cases).
  • Upvote 12

6./ZG26_Emil

Nice one Sneaksie. Dont work so hard and go home to enjoy the weekend  :drink2:

They sure deserve a rest :)

JG51_Beazil

Nice!  Hotfix!

Edit:  Do you guys sleep?

another bug to report - during missions when using accelerated time, to skip the long flights between waypoints, and coming out of accelerated time to begin landing approach will cause the game to lockup - ie:  Not display - while the game itself continues to run in the background.  Of course your plane crashes at this point and you wait while your system eventually catches up with what's happening, you can despawn after a few minutes of waiting.

Loving this patch tho.  <3

Edited by II./JG53_Beazil

Thanks for the big update today, i was sure it was a April fools day.

Unlocked half the JU88 already only in 2 missions. No sleep for me this weekend :-)