Game version 1.201 discussion: Moscow Map and Campaign Open Beta, Ju-88, 64-bit

Blooddawn1942

And I think everything in the list before this point has been implemented by now, so the 109 changes could be next hopefully

I'm looking forward to this, because this fix is very much needed. With the E-7 they hit the spot. But the wobbling of the F-2\F-4 and G-2 does not feel right at all.

Absolutely love the rest of the sim, but this issue stops me from flying the Bf 109 as much as I would like to fly her with exception of the Emil which I really enjoy.

Edited by Blooddawn1942
Danziger

Adjusting joystick settings cured any oversensitivity of any planes. Everything flies smooth and straight now.

Sounds like someone would much rather whine and complain or trash talk the devs than to actually put forth any effort to solve the problem on their own. I know it may look like a lot of complicated jibberish that you need an engineering degree to understand but I assure you that the axis tweaking options are really not that difficult to work with.

Another good tip is to stop jerking the stick around so much and use small and smooth movements. Even without adjusting the stick this will help a lot.

• Upvote 1

I don't get the complaints about the jumpy/wobbling behavior. Do you mean the shaking when turbulence is on?

Grt M

There is a whole thread about this 

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/19480-whats-wobbling-thing/page-1

And no, the joystick-settings are not the cause. I've been in for flight sims since 2001 an in BoS the 109 and 190 feel light as if flying a glider or being stuck to a rubber band. But of course the user ist the problem. Over here in Germany we have got a proverb: If the farmer can't swim he blames his swim trunks.  ;)   

Every sim I used planes were stable with standard joystick settings. Of course have I tried for hours to optimize joystick Settings, trimming and so on. As I mentioned, I'm not new to flight sims. Already flew online Il-2 in VOW 2002-2004, so I'm no real noob ;)  . Everything I tried, the feeling to me (and others as I quoted) remains as If 109 and 190 weigh 500kg and not 3.000 or 4.000 kg. 

And if several others in this forum state that they were real pilots and such a behaviour was not realistic and the planes feel to light, well...

Sry for sounding a bit annoyed, I apologize for this, it's a little disappointment after CoD... :friends:  

Edited by Wuerger
SCG_Space_Ghost

-snip-

Over here in Germany we have got a proverb: If the farmer can't swim he blames his swim trunks.  ;)   

-snip-

Is that the same thing as: If the virtual pilot can't steady his hand he blames the software..?

And no, the joystick-settings are not the cause. I've been in for flight sims since 2001 an in BoS the 109 and 190 feel light as if flying a glider or being stuck to a rubber band. But of course the user ist the problem. Over here in Germany we have got a proverb: If the farmer can't swim he blames his swim trunks.  ;)   

yeah...aren't you blaming the FMs for your bad performance in game right now? I'm confused. does that mean you're just looking for excuses for your performance?

Edited by 6./ZG26_Asgar

Calm down, it seems the devs have spotted it and put in on the fix list, see developer's diary 120

"Correct 'jumpy' behavior of Bf 109 F4, G2 and F2 to resemble E7 behavior and check other planes"

So it's not always the "whinig thing" argument, [Edited] always use if anyone even posts a substantial complaint against their beloved baby.   

Edited by Bearcat
Blitzen

The only thing that slightly improved the wobble effect for me was manually adjusting the resistance of my joystick. Changing the games control settings did not help.

As mentioned by me and quite a few others since the beginning of BoS the MS FFB STICK has had real wobble problems ( you really have to see it to believe it..)with this sim in Normal settings esp. with the FW-190 yaw (rudder) control( Custom settings can eliminate this behavior however & these can be used in PWCG missions.) Others helped by suggesting Joystick settings & that helped a lot .Other suggestions that smaller input in joystick input (i.e. pilot hand ) didn't help at all,even tiny movements resulted in uncontrolable swings back & forth about 15 degress left & right through center,making aiming except "hosing the target "impossible.One has got to approach a target in the steadiest  possible approach making one an ideal target for rear gunners ( & we all know how good those AI rear  gunners are!)

As I said with help from others I have been able to reduce this effect to large degree,but it would have been nice if the developers or some enterprising third party could have made a how -to for the several different joysticks that are being used in the sim or at least the ones that have this abberent behavior. :rolleyes:

SCG_Space_Ghost

Calm down, it seems the devs have spotted it and put in on the fix list, see developer's diary 120

"Correct 'jumpy' behavior of Bf 109 F4, G2 and F2 to resemble E7 behavior and check other planes"

So it's not always the "whinig thing" argument, fanboys always use if anyone even posts a substantial complaint against their beloved baby.   

I don't see the word "whining" in Asgar's or my own post, nor do I see where either of us were dismissive of whatever potential issues you may have.

Can you answer the question I asked about that German phrase you mentioned? I'm interested in your explanation of how the two things are apparently different.

Errrrmmmmm.... Sorry but I use ms ffb and haven't had any real problems. It does seem a bit of a stretch to expect the developers to provide instructions for different types of joystick.

Trooper117

Well, if the dev's have stated that the issue has been spotted and is on their 'to do' list, then there is a problem and they intend to solve it...  I don't see anyone telling them they need to go and sort their joysticks out  :joy:

Maybe one of the dev's can chime in and tell us when this is being addressed... I fly both sides equally, generally just get on with flying the damn things, I'll leave the whole fm thing to the many 'experten' out there as it hurts my brain too much   :help:  

New Update called  "Game version 1.201d" :yahoo:

Downloading now.....

[Edit] Now where is the ChangeLog from this patch or hotfix called 1.201d?

Edited by Superghostboy
  • 1CGS
Sneaksie

1.201d

1. Main causes of game crashes were found and fixed;
2. We investigated the issue with Saitek Cyborg Evo Force. It turned out that its 64-bit drivers are crashing, even in its own test utility. Driver version 6.0.4.1 is problematic and will crash, driver version 6.2.2.4 works ok. Problem is, older 6.0.4.1 driver is offered for some Saitek joysticks while you can download driver 6.2.2.4 for others. If you manage to install the driver 6.2.2.4 for your joystick, it should work fine. However even the newer driver is dated 2008 and probably won't work on Windows 10;
3. Landing gear dumping limits increased for Bf 109 F-2, Bf 109 F-4, Bf 109 G-2, LaGG-3, La-5, Yak-1, and both Pe-2 bombers;
4. Tail wheel behavior corrected for LaGG-3 and La-5, resulting in easier taxiing and taking off;
5. Bf 109 E-7 landing gear won't 'shrink' when you press brake pedals anymore;
6. Campaign text briefings now include additional weather information and player wing composition;
7. AI Ju-88 added to Battle of Stalingrad campaign.
  • Upvote 13
Blitzen

Errrrmmmmm.... Sorry but I use ms ffb and haven't had any real problems. It does seem a bit of a stretch to expect the developers to provide instructions for different types of joystick.

I'm pleased that you haven't - that's good news,but if you go back to other development threads ( I really don't expect you to do this tho,)you will see that quite a few others have & primarily with FFB ( but not entirely) joysticks.As I said it is manageable by degree with the right advice about input in both key settings & Joystick sensitivity.In Custom settings just ticking off rudder input pretty much solves it,but as everyone knows one cannot use these settings in Campaigns ( oddly there doesn't seem to be so much 'wobble' in bigger aircraft and others have more problems with one type of fighter than others.Mine just happens to be the lovely brute  the FW-190.)

Yes it would be too much to ask the developers to try to figure settings for all the joysticks out there,I agree.Perhaps a much better way would be simply a thread describing solutions for newbies with problems and to get things right if they are having joystick control problems? Reasonable flight expectations make the sim so much more fun.Of course as mentioned Custom settings can be used with one of the best utilities around PWCG.

I guess I don't believe it is an FM problem at the end of the day. :salute:

=FEW=Hauggy

Hey guys what's the new update ?

Sneaksie are you there? :)

Edited by Hauggy
=FEW=Hauggy

517.2MB update just downloaded.

It's probably the double as they are compressed correct me if i'm wrong.

LLv24_Zami

Nice work!

Weather and flight information is welcomed addition to the briefing. Seems to be working also in BoS campaign.

• Upvote 1
SCG_Space_Ghost

-snip-

The devs have it on their 'to-do' list, doesn't that mean anything?! If we deny issues they acknowledge we're not being very objective.

-snip-

There is a difference between denying the evident and asking a user to clarify their sentiment on a turn of phrase that they used.

Oh, and if they now accept issues they denied before what does that make them?

Hyperbole.

216th_Lucas_From_Hell

Cheers, Sneaksie and co.! I'm very curious about the La-5 taxiing since it was my nemesis up to now :biggrin:

Jade_Monkey

Cheers, Sneaksie and co.! I'm very curious about the La-5 taxiing since it was my nemesis up to now :biggrin:

Agreed! I didnt remember it being so hard until recently i tried it again.

Hmmm.... we are 64-bit.... I wonder when this improvement comes?

It's unlikely you will see any increase in texture sizes unless we migrate to 64bit. We keep textures a certain size for memory purposes. And I have no idea if or when we will move to 64bit. If we ever make that move you'll be the first to know.

:salute:

Jason

Hmmm.... we are 64-bit.... I wonder when this improvement comes?

Looks like 1.201b contained an increase in the size of the texture cache. Not sure if you are referring to an increase in size of the textures themselves, though.

5. Texture cache has been increased thanks to 64-bit executable (skins should switch less frequently while viewing different objects);
[DBS]Tx_Tip

"1. Main causes of game crashes were found and fixed;"

Excellent.

Was there something that was found in correcting this that we as players and or server administrators can do to minimize the potential for game crashes and freezes as well? 

seafireliv

These recent patches are great. I was wondering why we never get a weather report.

Also, is it me or is rain a recent thing? I fly about 10 missions in BOS, not a spot of rain. Fly BOM and I`ve had it rain 3 times in 3 missions!

I`m not complaining, I like all weathers in my sims.

Pretty amazing week for the game :)

Thanks for your work devs, the game runs great and it's a blast to play :)

Keep it up !

• Upvote 1
71st_AH_Mastiff

3. Landing gear dumping limits increased for Bf 109 F-2, Bf 109 F-4, Bf 109 G-2, LaGG-3, La-5, Yak-1, and both Pe-2 bombers;

Should make for better landing now?

SqwkHappy

..."6. Campaign text briefings now include additional weather information and player wing composition;"....

...My god, man! They do hear our faint cries...

Should make for better landing now?

...I'm stuck trying to figure out what "dumping limits" are...

Edited by [MYK]Mikeypro83

Damping limits maybe?  Hopefully....

I have actually seen an increase on the fps.  It also runs smoother, except for the above issue.  Unfortunately crashes are more frequent.

I'm in a similar boat, better fps, but at ground level I notice more stutters.  I think this is due to the higher fps highlighting the occasional stutter, that would have gone noticed at lower frame rates.

As of the last few hours I haven't noticed as many stutters, but the grass is still a fair bit of a fps killer.

71st_AH_Mastiff

I'm in a similar boat, better fps, but at ground level I notice more stutters.  I think this is due to the higher fps highlighting the occasional stutter, that would have gone noticed at lower frame rates.

As of the last few hours I haven't noticed as many stutters, but the grass is still a fair bit of a fps killer.

that's why capping your FPS is good.

SqwkHappy

Yeah, confirmed slightly better fps. The single player second campaign's initial mission I was getting 27-28fps on runway. Now it hovers around 35-38. Overall flight fps performance was doable, avg 50 fps. I will be happy to see improvements like this to continue!