=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Attached is a comparison of the first 96 hours of Tour 4 to Tour 5 (current tour).  Both have similar planesets and BOM restrictions.

post-24105-0-86926500-1480608618_thumb.png

• Upvote 1

A question.

How pilot who was killed in mission get the "in flight" status and earn one CM ?

Compare this:

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=2823&name=[TWB]Corley_C

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=2831&name=JG700_Rammjager

It was head on. I have more luck and lost only coolant, he got black smoke (probably burning). Finally we both were out of combat, but ... I've bailed out later (20:44:47) than he died (20:44:23).

So  .... in what way he got "in flight" status, when I got "bailed out" ? Moreover, he got one combat mission.

Strange thing, don't you think ?

Ramm.

Sometimes it happens in that way: script updates pilot's stats before pilot kill event. It's bug and I have it on my long list.

IL2 name: NETSCAPE = name already taken

I tried to register with my il2 name "Netscape" and it said it was taken/already in use... So I went with "Netscape Navigator" my usual steam handle. I realized after getting kicked 3 times the names have to match up derp.. (thought there might be some sync via email or something). So tried it again, says email is already used... of course it is. heh.

WOL is down/glitched out. And I don't like the credit/economy system of Random Expert server. And I can't register on TAW... just wanting to play again...

It's strange because I have just registered account as NETSCAPE with no problem. Deleted it so you may register it by yourself now. 

hi guys

i initially registered as Russ to fly bombers, however my first (and main) loves are the H111 and JU88 so I decided to create a new registration in TAW (diff u/name and email) and changed my profile name in IL2 BOS to match. However when I tried to fly a H111 I got the message that 'your account is locked' and got booted out of the server!! wtf?? Eventually I changed my login back and logged in as my original u/name to fly for the VVS again and got a time penalty for changing sides. However my 2nd login seems to have my flight (or me sitting in an a/c) recorded.

Can we not fly using a diff profile?

No, you may fly only on one side with one profile.

Sad to hear that theres small amount of pilots flying in your time zone but we can do nothing about it.

About planeset BOM/BOS. We have answered this questions many many maaany times and we dont want to change it. We want to make it as much historical as we can at the moment with a little bit of lets call it "equal gameplay".

Isn't it time to buy BOM ? There are lots od dicounts this time and we have tons of fun flying classic dogfights between i-16 and E7.

I actually bought BOM, but it really isn't helping me since at lot of people aren't flying.

The manual is saying clearly and also it was said many times at this topic:

No double accounts, you can only fly at one side.Two accounts=ban. If you want change side you need to ask Kathon to delete your wrong account and then you may register again.

ok thanks. So email to Kathon to delete the accounts right?

Not sure it's the planeset. Last campaign the numbers weren't bad. Perhaps it's the fact that the mission is deemed pointless unless there are enough pilots therefore people aren't logging on.

I do the same, check the numbers on - see only 2 or 3 opponents max, check teamspeak and see noone, then head on over to a different server. Ive only flown one sortie.

There has been a bit of a reduction in numbers on all servers in my evenings though, not just TAW. DED Random has also split the numbers a bit.

Not sure it's the planeset. Last campaign the numbers weren't bad. Perhaps it's the fact that the mission is deemed pointless unless there are enough pilots therefore people aren't logging on.

I do the same, check the numbers on - see only 2 or 3 opponents max, check teamspeak and see noone, then head on over to a different server. Ive only flown one sortie.

There has been a bit of a reduction in numbers on all servers in my evenings though, not just TAW. DED Random has also split the numbers a bit.

A lot of people a who were on TAW are actually on Random. 70 players at peak yesterday. First time two servers are opened together ! (so first time everyone can actually join an expert server during evening... And not waiting for hours a free slot. )

It lower a bit the numbers, but at least there is not 40 peoples waiting to enter the server .... And supprisingly , balance between sides is much better this way, and I think that there is an equal number of player on both sides .... Now they can just all connect :)

And some of the players previously playing on TAW (me included) specifically said they will mot play on it for now because of lags, desync, artificialy cut planeset, and mindset of some team who acted very unrespectfully and harshly on previous campaign.... + server rules and victory condition encouraging chute killing.... (a new game called war crime simulator :) )

S !

Edited by LAL_Trinkof

ok thanks. So email to Kathon to delete the accounts right?

Yeap. Email or PM to him.

Tripwire,

Totally agree!  I've flown very little as there never seems to be many on in my zone, or it is just too one sided to bother.  I'm at that stage where I'm playing on another server (name deleted) that is just full of guys who want to vultch either an airfield or an objective!

I'm almost ready to move back to CLOD!!

Regards

And some of the players previously playing on TAW (me included) specifically said they will mot play on it for now because of lags, desync, artificialy cut planeset, and mindset of some team who acted very unrespectfully and harshly on previous campaign.... + server rules and victory condition encouraging chute killing.... (a new game called war crime simulator :) )

S !

I agree aswell, also TAW cannot compete with DED on quality of missions 

You are saying strange things I mean what lags, desync ? Its almost a week that we're flying TAW and didn't seen any comments about it, also felt it flying missions :dry: Yes we've had problem last war but now we're not.

I don't know what do you mean with artificially cut planeset. Too low number of planes in your "hangar" ? 10 planes is not enough ? How much do you want 20, 30 and all fighters ? Fly smart and 10 will be enough. If you don't believe me go check TAW stats. First 40 best pilots have their hangars full in 90 to 100 % We are trying to make TAW planeset historically accurate but this will take some time to get use to it and not everyone have BOM. Soon we will have BOK and there will be new planeset with new restrictions.

I really like that part

(a new game called war crime simulator :) )

I think we have to change server name to WCS :lol:

Seriouslly if anyone don't like TAW thats okey.

Now second thing I have to say.

Yesterday was a brilliant action. Guys from HR noticed group of 109 working out def.pos. and reported on chat. Three groups responded: LG, 307 (I think) and someone else. That was the biggest fight I've seen on TAW ~20 planes fighting in one place. :)

Another thing is that lot of you are flying in groups and its hard to engage enemy. We have to think fist if we have good position to attack and if its worth to attack. Lone wolves are starting to be past. That's nice :)

Edited by =L/R=Leutnant_Artur
  • Upvote 1

Sorry for the WCS , it was a sarcastic joke :) not meant to be offensive.

As for lag and desync , good to know, it was really painful last campaign and I flew very few because of this. Maybe the better perf are linked to the little drop in pop on the server.

Still maintaining that the number of pilot limit induce harsh reaction from some player ... And chute killing is not something I want to see on servers I play. I know it was historically done on both sides. But I do not like it, and it was a war crime. I respect the choice tou made in regard of historical accuracy, but this is not my taste.

Anyway, I had wonderful flights on previous campaign, and this type of server with dynamic campaign is actually what will keep our fav game alive. I just have another option to play on other server with rules I like more.

I might come again on TAW if my squadmate manage to drag me in !

S ! And please accept my apologies if my previous post was a little too harsh.

Edited by LAL_Trinkof

The plane restrictions is one of the best things on this server! It's great being able to fly "crap planes" without being severely outperformed by the enemy.

• Upvote 10

The plane restrictions is one of the best things on this server! It's great being able to fly "crap planes" without being severely outperformed by the enemy.

I fully agree !

Btw - flew yesterday evening with my Emil, blue/red ratio was approx. 20:20, but merely two, three pilots on TS... how to perform a successfully coordinated attack/cover mission with such a lack of communication... ?! :(

Btw - flew yesterday evening with my Emil, blue/red ratio was approx. 20:20, but merely two, three pilots on TS... how to perform a successfully coordinated attack/cover mission with such a lack of communication... ?!

You're right, it's not great with so few people on TS however: A lot of people are on their own TS Server (or Discord in my case) and talking with more then - let's say - 5 people is not really helping sometimes.
The bigger problem imo is the lack of communications in chat. Often enough I ask what the people are up to and get no answer. Therefore people might do the same thing but won't know it or some things are done here and some there but there is no big strike like I've seen the reds doing often enough. 2 fighters here, 2 here and some Jabos flying there. Some damage overall but no strikes with 10 planes like I've seen. And I'm not sure if those guys were always on comms (suggesting by the missing clan-tags). 

• Upvote 1

You're right, it's not great with so few people on TS however: A lot of people are on their own TS Server (or Discord in my case) and talking with more then - let's say - 5 people is not really helping sometimes.

The bigger problem imo is the lack of communications in chat. Often enough I ask what the people are up to and get no answer. Therefore people might do the same thing but won't know it or some things are done here and some there but there is no big strike like I've seen the reds doing often enough. 2 fighters here, 2 here and some Jabos flying there. Some damage overall but no strikes with 10 planes like I've seen. And I'm not sure if those guys were always on comms (suggesting by the missing clan-tags). 

Well we've been discussing this and we might have solution for ts communication. Maybe well try it next campaign but for now I dont want to go into details.

S !

Well true is that Random expert has/had micro sttuters, TAW had problems with drops during connecting because lots of ppl wanted to connect in the same time. Statment about chute killing is nonsens - if it happends it is insignificant and never decide about wining the war. Btw i flew on random and for me and my team mates it's mechanics and weak aaa do not make apeal. Any way good to have diversity and thanks for that to AG and DED.

I like the server but the quorum is killing the game for the Western Hemisphere. 

Maybe it can be lowered to 5v5 or 10 instead of 8v8 or 15? 

We have (Western Hemisphere) never been able to put the numbers up that Europe can (player wise).  So it's basically become a European war now.  It's too bad as well, because I have enjoyed all the previous tours, but this tour... well it's not playable for us in the Americas. 

Servers get players by people, usually lone wolves or small squads, flying alone and drawing others in.  But with this quorum, if there isn't one when you join, why stay?  If you don't stay, who else will join?  It has killed it.

For now we just watch the front lines move while we are at work or school, unable to participate, unable to have fun :(

• Upvote 5

We try new things and not all of them are good ;) Quorum will be turned off or lowered.

The idea of the Quorum is a good one but like p3zman said we need to lower it a bit for the western community.

• Upvote 1

As for lag and desync , good to know, it was really painful last campaign and I flew very few because of this. Maybe the better perf are linked to the little drop in pop on the server.

Server was overloaded often during prime time last campaigns this is true. But now, after optimization the AA objects, the load of the server is lower than 50% in current campaign. It's a significant improvement. 

• Upvote 2

I was dead set against a quorum.  If I have my facts straight, initially it was proposed that unless there was a forum, nothing would count in the stats.  I saw this driving away  pilots.

When I saw how it was implemented I thought it was a pretty good compromise.  If no quorum, individual stats still count but not against the map.  This has slowed the turnover of the maps, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

As mentioned, for some reason, when it comes to the Western Hemisphere, the evenings get a little shy of quorum numbers.  You probably know the numbers better than I.  A slight tweak might be all it needs.

• Upvote 1

I appear at the airport and immediately eject from the game

Why? :blink:

Gents,

Could somebody please explain how the CM works?  I have just completed a 45min, 8Sec sortie and have only been awarded  +1CM, as per below.  I thought it was 1CM for every 15min sortie!?

Thank you.

Date Map Result Flight time AK GK Plane Info 03.12.2016 06:45:07 Stalingrad_Center #78 LANDED 0h 45m 8s 0 0 Pe-2 ser.87 transport +1CM

what we really need is the Marshall or whatever that new MP addon is ie. the ability to issue orders to squadrons, etc based on whats needed. You should get points or something for following those orders rather than just lone-wolfing. Kinda like what they used to have in BF2. At the moment, I'm making my own independent decisions as to what kind of mission to fly however if I jumped online and there was an order stating: Orders: desperately need to fly in transport flights from point A to point B. Then I'd focus on that instead of just bombing some random airfield. 

• Upvote 2

Gents,

Could somebody please explain how the CM works?  I have just completed a 45min, 8Sec sortie and have only been awarded  +1CM, as per below.  I thought it was 1CM for every 15min sortie!?

Thank you.

Date Map Result Flight time AK GK Plane Info 03.12.2016 06:45:07 Stalingrad_Center #78 LANDED 0h 45m 8s 0 0 Pe-2 ser.87 transport +1CM

· Combat mission is a "LANDED"/"IN FLIGHT" sortie (5 minutes minimum) with AK/GK or at least 15 minutes long without any AK/GK. You can make one CM in fighters and attacker planes.

· Bomber CM is counted little bit different. CM is a "LANDED"/"IN FLIGHT" sortie (5 minutes minimum) with AK/GK or at least 15 minutes long without any AK/GK. After 15 min. You can get CM after another 20 min if you made a AK/GK.

EX: You took off for target. Flight to target took 10 min and you hit targets with bombs so this is CM. Then you're RTB but you choose other way to get back and it took 20 min and landed. Results 1CM for 10 min flight with targets hit and second CM for another 20 min flight. Hope youll understand it now :)

Transports flights: its counted like landed sortie. EX: you took off from AF"A" flight and landed at AF"B". Flight took 7 minutes result +1CM

Quorum has been changed to 4:4 and 8:0

I think those are better numbers. Those avoiding the 7:1 Matches and at the same time inviting players when the player counts are low.

I appear at the airport and immediately eject from the game
Why? :blink:

You have to register again for every new campaign

Can anybody help me? I try to play at TAW, but the server don't permit it. 

I have registered as DecabrisT, and I have made the squad SDV and set me as a member of the squad. 

Anyway the server don't permit me the playing. In statistics there are two users with nicknames SDV_Decabrist and Decabrist. I have deleted the squad SDV, but SDV_Decabrist and Decabrist there are in statistics. And I can not play.

http://taw.stg2.de/manual.php

· Pilot name – This must be the full name that matches your in-game name for IL-2.You must also include your squadron tag if you have one.

Your nickname schould be SDV_DecabrisT

If you registered as SDV_Decabrist or Decabrist than its wrong. Kontact Khaton by PM.

• Upvote 1

I flew with two large groups of Stukas, but without TS communication you can't properly coordinate an attack! Chat communication is also not comparably helpful as TS is, since it's especially during fighting pretty difficult to fly and write in parallel...

The only way to become more succesful for the blue side is to more often use to TAW-TS - obviously "red" seems to make more frequent use of it and therefore is more succesful (the number of clans/Geschwader seems to be relatively equivalent for bother sides, for the number of skilled pilots is the same I guess)

Edited by Geleitzug

about the guys complaining about the quorum. Yes it drives people away, but why? Because everyone is looking at the numbers and is like "meh..." while if everyone of those would join you'd have quorum in like 5 sec.

Just take one for the server and join even when it's not quorum and play it like it's a normal server. :)

I flew with two large groups of Stukas, but without TS communication you can't properly coordinate an attack! Chat communication is also not comparably helpful as TS is, since it's especially during fighting pretty difficult to fly and write in parallel...

The only way to become more succesful for the blue side is to more often use to TAW-TS - obviously "red" seems to make more frequent use of it and therefore is more succesful (the number of clans/Geschwader seems to be relatively equivalent for bother sides, for the number of skilled pilots is the same I guess)

It's not difficult to find a group of folks to play with. All the resources are available to find a group. Try contacting anyone on the squad list at TAW and see if they're on your wavelength. If a community pariah like me can find a group, anyone can.

about the guys complaining about the quorum. Yes it drives people away, but why? Because everyone is looking at the numbers and is like "meh..." while if everyone of those would join you'd have quorum in like 5 sec.

Just take one for the server and join even when it's not quorum and play it like it's a normal server. :)

Quorum has been changed to 4:4 and 8:0

• Upvote 1

Can we have some specify ground target unit for the Ju87 like bridges or ships? At the moment this plane, because of the AAA too skilled is useless. Every german here prefers JABOs or 110s

• Upvote 1

Can we have some specify ground target unit for the Ju87 like bridges or ships? At the moment this plane, because of the AAA too skilled is useless. Every german here prefers JABOs or 110s

Yeah, that's a great idea. The balance in attackers is way off between VVS and LW. I've been flying mostly Il-2s this round and only gotten killed once, you feel almost invincible. On the other hand, last round I flew Stukas and was shot down and killed by AAA (and fighters, but that's because of the lack of fighter cover) 70% of my flights. Now we all know the Stuka was outdated and pretty bad in real life at this time of the war, but adding less defended targets (for both sides of course) would perhaps increase the enjoyment of flying Stukas. I'm not one for artificial balancing, but an increase in choice of targets is really a great idea.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, that's a great idea. The balance in attackers is way off between VVS and LW. I've been flying mostly Il-2s this round and only gotten killed once, you feel almost invincible. On the other hand, last round I flew Stukas and was shot down and killed by AAA (and fighters, but that's because of the lack of fighter cover) 70% of my flights. Now we all know the Stuka was outdated and pretty bad in real life at this time of the war, but adding less defended targets (for both sides of course) would perhaps increase the enjoyment of flying Stukas. I'm not one for artificial balancing, but an increase in choice of targets is really a great idea.

Maybe a simpler solution is to decrease the AA of the russian targets. Or increase the AA of the german targets. 

Maybe a simpler solution is to decrease the AA of the russian targets. Or increase the AA of the german targets.

Hehehe no way man :-) Best solution is to fly wit someone who will pull off AAA from attacker.

We'll add some targets in futute.