Tactical Air War

Kathon

1 hour ago, Kathon said:

No, in this case when AF damage level exceeds 75% threshold then all buildings and AA are destroyed (100% damage). 

Is it not better to change it this way to show these 11 buidings? For that case it is possible to attack this AF and not allow him to be repaired/opened. It is better to have a lot of possbilities to to something (for example close the AF more than only for 1 (or 2) missions. 

• Upvote 1

I hoped that there will be similar number of pilots on both sides who will change and not change the side making balanced game play. It looks like we need more red pilots now so it's better to register on the smaller team. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

=GEMINI=IngegnerTommy
2 hours ago, Kathon said:

I hoped that there will be similar number of pilots on both sides who will change and not change the side making balanced game play. It looks like we need more red pilots now so it's better to register on the smaller team. 

Right.. GEMINI squadron (we avg. 6-8 player per sortie) was ready to switch from Red to Blue for this new round of Western TAW, but looking at the balance we're wondering if it does not make sense to stay Red instead. We really care only to be on the smaller side, so we'd tend to choose the less populated one, but then again one thing is the "general" balance, another thing is the balance at the time of the day & timezone you are in.

As I suggested few times already, one thing that could help the balance would be if you could add a mandatory question during the registration steps that ask what time of the day (what time and what time zone) the player registering will mostly play at, maybe using 2-hours segments to select (only one or multiple section allowed).

Plotting the registration data with that input should allow to give an interesting preview of the player expected in your "time"...

Ala13_Antiguo

please delete my account. Ala13_Antiguo .

I have created this account on the red side, but I have noticed that my squad flies blue.
As I want to fly as an ally, I will fly without my squad tag (to avoid problems) alone.
Thank you

todeskvlt
18 hours ago, Antiguo said:

please delete my account. Ala13_Antiguo .

I have created this account on the red side, but I have noticed that my squad flies blue.
As I want to fly as an ally, I will fly without my squad tag (to avoid problems) alone.
Thank you

atm we can't delete players account

Edited by todeskvlt

FTC_DerSheriff

The K-4s do not fit in the MG theatre. Push them to Map 2 imho. Tempest mk V too.

Edited by FTC_DerSheriff
  • Upvote 6

Cpt_Siddy
On 10/31/2021 at 7:17 PM, FTC_DerSheriff said:

The K-4s do not fit in the MG theatre. Push them to Map 2 imho. Tempest mk V too.

I agree, it will make more pronounced progression.

Also, if possible, make a fighter only version from p-38, so i can chose it as a principle fighter, perhaps even +1 plane. Bombs and rockets locked, fighter only.

There are people who wish to fly it in fighter only role, but the current systems makes that very difficult because its so high up the food chain because its excellent bomb load.

JV44HeinzBar

S!,

I know this topic has probably been mentioned, but I'm not good at searching these forums. Has TAW considered adding player tanks along side planes for the campaigns? I apologize if this topic has been answered, but I couldn't find the answer when I did a search. With 540 pages to search through, I got tired of going page to page in order to find the answer.

HB

• Sad 1

todeskvlt
4 hours ago, JV44HeinzBar said:

Has TAW considered adding player tanks along side planes for the campaigns?

There's no plan for that.

Edited by todeskvlt
  • Upvote 1

Hi guys, not sure if this is the right place. Yesterday I registered as Doc,

I fly as Doc62 but was unable to register as Doc62, is this going to be an issue, I tried to join server yesterday with a m8 but got a registration message and was kicked. Any help appreciated.

Doc.

4 hours ago, Doc62 said:

Hi guys, not sure if this is the right place. Yesterday I registered as Doc,

I fly as Doc62 but was unable to register as Doc62, is this going to be an issue, I tried to join server yesterday with a m8 but got a registration message and was kicked. Any help appreciated.

Doc.

Yes, your registered name must be the same name you use on the forums (which is the same name for ingame anyways). If you registered to a diferent name then you will get kicked every time

Thanks for the reply, the problem is it doesn't like Doc62, I've tried to edit my profile from Doc to Doc62.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 hour ago, Doc62 said:

Thanks for the reply, the problem is it doesn't like Doc62, I've tried to edit my profile from Doc to Doc62.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

There is already Doc62 registered: 

image.png

Edited by Kathon

JV44HeinzBar
8 hours ago, todeskvlt said:

There's no plan for that.

That's a shame. I know the name says it all, but it could add an interesting element to server. Perhaps, call it Total Tactical War :)

HB

• Haha 1

No plans for tanks, which is unfortunate.

But every airfield needs a runabout, or a hack, and when the SD. KDF Flak 38 gets her to balance the GAZ, I think one or two such vehicles should be made available

for airport defense as well as a 'FOLLOW ME' vehicle at each on the operational airports.

A Jeep and Kubelwagen would be even better.

Be fun to drive around the perimeter and greet the landing planes, or even go to town for the evening.

• Haha 1

Mad_Mikhael

Should be working.

image.png.d09c03c793c698aa28cd7fbb89229a9b.png

EDIT: Double post. Adding meme then.

5sxioj.jpg

Edited by Mad_Mikhael
  • Haha 7
  • Sad 1

CSW_Hot_Dog
On 9/18/2021 at 2:22 PM, JGr8_Leopard said:

The absence on map1 of 109 (at least in the G6 version without Mw50) in the basic set is a miscalculation. For the P47 there is an analogue of the 190-A8, for the Spitfire-IX there is no such analogue for the blue side. In case of death, the red pilot immediately has a fighter and an assault aircraft, the blue pilot does not have a clean fighter - do not make me laugh about the A8 ... 

On 9/20/2021 at 1:24 PM, JGr8_Leopard said:

Oh yeah, 262 has not even appeared yet, and the activists of the red team remind of him in fear. Balance, fairness, haha Typhoon in the basic set, against Fw-A8 haha. Blue side attendance will be weak on Map 1. 

So one more again please, If I may ask, what exactly is so bad about A8 "Not - A - Fighter" on map 1 ???😂

Bez názvu.png

JG7_X-Man

Hey guys! Any plans of fixing the TAW Mission map? without out it - I will be sitting this out.

[GCA]T1m270
On 11/8/2021 at 4:02 AM, JG7_X-Man said:

Hey guys! Any plans of fixing the TAW Mission map? without out it - I will be sitting this out.

The mission planner?

There is a alternate one, although not as nice. https://www.il2flightplanner.com/

Not really hard to navigate without these though..

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, [GCA]T1m270 said:

The mission planner?

There is a alternate one, although not as nice. https://www.il2flightplanner.com/

Not really hard to navigate without these though..

Very cool, thanks for the link. 

I see it displays the Finnish Server mission. I hope LG considers getting TAW supported. 👍

• Upvote 1

=GEMINI=IngegnerTommy

Background: When GEMINI registered to this campaign, we choose simply to go for the side with less players. Situation shown on TAW website was ALLIED 71 - AXIS 117 (I still have the screenshot), so we picked ALLIED

Problem: Lately is quite often to see server overpopulated by ALLIED during EU late evening time, and it's not really fun for either side; yesterday in particular situation was very critical (and one user on the other side saw appropriate to insult us and other squadrons for this reason...)

Solution: Can you implement simply a step in Registration phase where players/squadrons have to select their most common playing time (e.g. in slots of 2 hours)? That way when you enroll you could see not only the GENERAL balance, but also the balance specific to your PLAYTIME. I think this could help balance

Thank you !

• Like 2
  • Upvote 6

E69_Falke_Wolf
2 hours ago, =GEMINI=IngegnerTommy said:

Background: When GEMINI registered to this campaign, we choose simply to go for the side with less players. Situation shown on TAW website was ALLIED 71 - AXIS 117 (I still have the screenshot), so we picked ALLIED

Problem: Lately is quite often to see server overpopulated by ALLIED during EU late evening time, and it's not really fun for either side; yesterday in particular situation was very critical (and one user on the other side saw appropriate to insult us and other squadrons for this reason...)

Solution: Can you implement simply a step in Registration phase where players/squadrons have to select their most common playing time (e.g. in slots of 2 hours)? That way when you enroll you could see not only the GENERAL balance, but also the balance specific to your PLAYTIME. I think this could help balance

Thank you !

You have been very polite, especially after the unfair situation you suffered yesterday.

Regarding how to solve balance problems, it is difficult to say. It does not matter how many pilots register in the TAW or at what Hours time, if then nobody flies when they are at a disadvantage.

Some squadrons fly whenever they can despite the numbers (like the GEMINIs, my respect) but other pilots decide not to fly if there is no chance of winning.

And now there are a few squads that are completely decisive in winning or losing maps.

Perhaps a greater diversity of ground objectives or mission possibilities would encourage more people to fly, or at least could make the action of one or two squadrons alone not entirely decisive. But it's just an opinion. I understand that administrators do everything they can to keep TAW active.

• Like 1

E69_Falke_Wolf
3 hours ago, =GEMINI=IngegnerTommy said:

Thank you !

And regarding the "balance problem" yesterday, wich make some of you kicked off.... just add one thing ... (you know "who" I say it for 😉)

59dyrt.jpg

• Like 1

FTC_Prancing

When a side is in numeric disadvantage, most of the solo pilots or very small groups will not want to fly alone, since they'll most likely meet a lot of enemies, so what should be encouraged is to join other squadrons in their missions, in order to do that there should be way more usage of the comms channels like TAW TS and TAW SRS, and the will of cooperation with people that is not from your squadron. Be that squad that is decisive on winning the map gathering as many pilots as you can, and lead them to appropriate targets.

Edited by FTC_Prancing
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

IISG2_Wotan

Gday lads

Just joined from the land of Aus

How did you know I was bald?

Wotan

CSW_Hot_Dog
On 10/27/2021 at 11:14 AM, Kathon said:

New western TAW campaign starts on Friday 29.10 at about 16:00 UTC. 

We would like to fly it one more time on the same conditions but this time players change side. It will be kind of test if players or plane set has greater impact on the final result of the campaign. There are some squadrons who fly exclusively only on one side (that's ok) but I hope most of us will fly on the opposite side this time.

So I think output of the test is more than obvious, right? Red planes are absolut OP, they cannot be compared to german underdogs like A6/A8/G6/G14, right? One and only problem, which lead to defeat red side was that blue pilots have no dual throttle quadrants for operating Prop Pitch and Throttle on Allied planes😁

Edited by CSW_Hot_Dog

=KG76=DomyWis

Previous TAW (#26) team balance numbers:

Here is the data of player counts/team balance for Allies and Axis on TAW #27 (TAW 2.0 III) (Western Front)

STARTED 2021-10-29 18:00 (6:00 PM Central European time)
ENDED 2021-11-20 22:40:00 (10:40 PM Central European time)

Duration: 22 days

Scan interval was once every minute

Map #1 (Market Garden) (2021-10-29 to 2021-11-05) <6 days>

KUDYvlA.png
Map #2 (Battle of the Bulge) (2021-11-05 to 2021-11-11) <5 days>

dokoK94.png
Map #3 (Stalemate at the Rhine) (2021-11-11 to 2021-11-20) <9 days>

spacer.png

Raw Data:

Preview

4u0n0bh.png

Online version:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QDr5iwD8w6AO-zcNcDihXd1xdcUXF0ywg-vt5b_u80o/edit?usp=sharing

csv file also attached to this post

TAW27_PlayerCounts.zip

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

E69_Falke_Wolf
2 minutes ago, Norz said:

Do we have a chance to see an East Front in 2021?

=/Hospiz/=MetalHeadh

Longer break this time. We are working on some major changes to the overall gameplay. Probably early 2022, January if all goes well.

According to TAW Discord

1 minute ago, E69_Falke_Wolf said:

=/Hospiz/=MetalHeadh

Longer break this time. We are working on some major changes to the overall gameplay. Probably early 2022, January if all goes well.

According to TAW Discord

Oh... Ok, than my Geforce 3080ti is going to ebay:)))))

On 10/13/2021 at 4:54 PM, IRRE_golgoth21 said:

Hello,

Thank you for this huge team work. TAW is a must for any team.

Though, i would like to know why parachute killing is permited ? It is very enraging to see this absolute lack of fair play.

No safe (air) space for you roflmao.