=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

On 12/6/2019 at 5:41 AM, =LG=Mad_Mikhael said:

Mini Focke? You mean 109 with gunpods? That was beautiful and naked 109, no gunpods.

Really? Now in a default 109F4 you can shoot down 1xMiG3, 2xPe2s, have ammo to damage other 2 or 3 and run home even damaged and wonded escaping all? LW must be very happy with this latest patch 😁 Try to do that in a Yak vs Ju88s. No anger or hate, just little envy of the tools you guys have, makes fighter life a lot easier and fun. 

PS. now from your point of view, really nice fight the one you describe, must have been really exiting and intense. S!

• Upvote 4

16 hours ago, JG51_Ogg said:

It appears TAW is losing more than just me.  Population on the server ranks 5th among servers.  Seems nobody give a crap for TAW AI 
Now I'm just here to bitch and laugh about my point being made by the populace.

1 hour ago, JG51_Ogg said:

Answer to the first question Where is the Global Ranking list indicating server populations?.  Simply look as you log in.  The server lists can be looked at from a population standpoint.  It will tell you haw many are on what server when you load it.  TAW was fifth behind Knights of the Air, Combat Box, Berloga, AKA private server, and EU official.

20191207191728_1.thumb.jpg.9a2c557038a0076ae002a42518717243.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, =LG=Mad_Mikhael said:

20191207191728_1.thumb.jpg.9a2c557038a0076ae002a42518717243.jpg

So you want me to Screen shot it just to make my point again?  Last night when I posted I was accurately describing the population of servers.

As of right now.  Again proving my point

IL-2  Sturmovik  Battle of Stalingrad Screenshot 2019.12.07 - 17.13.11.25.png

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, JG51_Ogg said:

So you want me to Screen shot it just to make my point again?  Last night when I posted I was accurately describing the population of servers.

I'm just playing your stupid game. Of course, sometimes the server is empty or half full. I'm glad you saw how bad is your argument, too bad it happened when someone else uses it. The most important time zone for this server is the EU and RU. And in the EU/RU evening, the server is full.

Edited by =LG=Mad_Mikhael
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

What is this? Re enactment of Brexit negotiations? 

What is wrong with you, man, just leave and be done with it. TAW caters to different kind of people. If you are not one of them, that's too bad. Surely, you can join to one of your preferred servers and leave us poor people alone. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

Go back to WOL or other more populated servers, take your he111 fly 100m above enemy artillery drop your bombs destroy everything and land without a scratch and be proud on yourself. But stop writing here that you are able to fly 48h on your private sp campaign without loss od plane and it is good and when you Die 3 times on TAW in 5 h and it is bad. TAW is hard and best mp pilots struggle to survive here so polish your skill on other servers or learn in hard way here how to survive. Rules here are hard and unforgetable for balance overpopularity of this   server and encourage best pilots to fly here and test your skill. It is like hell mode on Diablo game with Ironman mode on almost .        

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6

7 minutes ago, =LG=Coldman said:

It is like hell mode on Diablo game with Ironman mode on almost .        

Hell mode of Diablo is where TAW players go for Rest and Relax

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, =LG=Coldman said:

Go back to WOL or other more populated servers, take your he111 fly 100m above enemy artillery drop your bombs destroy everything and land without a scratch and be proud on yourself. But stop writing here that you are able to fly 48h on your private sp campaign without loss od plane and it is good and when you Die 3 times on TAW in 5 h and it is bad. TAW is hard and best mp pilots struggle to survive here so polish your skill on other servers or learn in hard way here how to survive. Rules here are hard and unforgetable for balance overpopularity of this   server and encourage best pilots to fly here and test your skill. It is like hell mode on Diablo game with Ironman mode on almost .        

That's funny.  My HE111 flights were a joke.  The first one I crashed when I accidentally shut off the engines after takeoff by feathering the props instead of lowering the pitch angle.  The second flight I was intercepted by a P40e at 5.2K, bombed a city, was hit by Flak, and was finally reacquired by the P40 who made the HE111 unflappably unstable from which I bailed out and floated down from 4K watching the comings and goings of other players.  When I got to the ground I was removed from rotation as having been killed (24 hour penalty).  Then 2 days later on my first flight of the day I was flying towards a truck convoy in a 109E7 and was shot by a Zis72 dropped my egg to try to recover and go back to the airfield.  I was shot again this time killing my pilot.  No enemy area markers in my own territory.  Again (24 hour penalty) for no reason other than TAW thinks it's a good idea to alienate the populace of the game world. 

I don't say it spitefully, but then again maybe I do.  There was a time the TAW game server was full, or nearly full, all the time, no matter whether it was EU prime time or not.  It was full or at least populated by more than 75 players at any one time.  Now TAW has a hard time being anything more than mediocre population because of the limitations they place on the players and the increase in AI accuracy.  Doesn't seem to be a problem elsewhere.  By the way, AI got me tonight in Combat Box, during a strafing run with a 110 on ground targets.  But I had the ability to fly again after I was killed.  Whoops not a big deal there.  And because you fly the PE2 with additional armor and invincible cloak you think anyone is just yankin a biscuit because they get hosed by the AI.  Let alone I've had PE2 and A20s come through flak drop bombs on an airfield return and strafe said Airfield and fly away with nary a scratch.  But if I bail out and survive going to the ground, If AI kills my pilot with a head shot, If I get killed by a better pilot, If I get bounced by someone I didn't see coming, then I have to sit out for 24 hours.  So you won, I now sit out and for 24 hours at a time I bitch whenever the mood strikes me about the absurdity of the rule the TAW has placed on the GAME PLAYERS to control the amount of players on the server.  They got what they wanted.  Less players playing with their toys.  So instead of maps being won or lost they are now closed as a draw.  Good Job TAW you did it.  Nobody plays with your toys anymore, you've become the ATAG and TeamFusion of the GB servers.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, JG51_Ogg said:

That's funny.  My HE111 flights were a joke

The greatest fun is when you are trying to take off with the wind coming from behind, because the spawn point is still not replaced even if I reported this issue months ago.
Then, you need to avoid the NDB and flak with cover placed right at the further end  - and at the middle - of the runway, wich is not always possible. 

5 hours ago, =LG=Coldman said:

TAW is hard and best mp pilots struggle to survive here so polish your skill on other servers or learn in hard way here how to survive.

This! I often think of the other servers as sparring rings where I have all the planes available and can practice and try different tactics without caring too much about losses. TAW is the real fight ring at the MGM Grand on Cinquo de Mayo; I get nervous when I fly there and I like it that way.

• Upvote 3

Also would like to know how this works.
How is it possible that 5-11 players can capture 2 airfields, under about 4-5 hours? Are the AAA scaling down when the population is low?

If there'd be a minimum player method that checks if playercount >= 10 on both teams, then airfield can switch hands, that'd be great. :coffee:

• Upvote 1

On 12/1/2019 at 12:00 PM, DerSheriff said:

These stories get posted on forums again and again and again. As always it would be nice to see a ingame recording to see this for urselfs.

1. In short he probably was diving in a more shallow angle not to exceed the 720kph,

2. This allowed him to stay faster for a longer period of time, since a shallow angled dive is more energy efficient

3. the yak-1 is faster on the deck than a F-2 on combat power

4. The excess in speed helps the yak in a shallow climb.

A shallow climb is useful when you have the speed advantage. But call it just horse shit.

On 12/1/2019 at 8:06 AM, Mobile_BBQ said:

Got proof?  Critical dive speed for a Yak 1 is around 720-730kph. 

Obviously bullets are much faster.  Is it possible you got baited to break by some long range pot shots? 

Is it possible the Yak started from 5k and dove slightly below you to use his extra speed to shoot your 6o'c blind spot but, you got lucky enough to see him in time? 

That would have given him a plenty higher starting speed in your race. 

Did you dive steeply then lose speed while level in the thicker air on the deck while the Yak took a less drastic dive angle maintaining a higher average-over-distance speed and also keeping a few hundred meters of altitude advantage?  After you went to the deck and started losing speed was he still using his last few hundred meters of alt to keep speed and get to you?   When you started climbing was he still a few hundred meters above you basically allowing him to keep shallow dive speed while you lost speed and basically climbed up in front of him?  If you both climbed, when did you start converting energy into altitude?  Was it before he was done keeping speed in a shallow dive?  Is it possible that if you did actually get him to come to co-alt on the deck with you and cause him to bleed the excess speed, you could have dodged the pot shots and eventually left him behind?  Did you panic and try to use the right maneuver (shallow climb) at the wrong time, ie; too soon?  That one really does depend on the chasing plane being co-alt and co-energy before you try it.  

If train A leaves Chicago traveling 30mph and train B leaves Miami traveling 60kph, how many pancakes does it take to shingle the roof of an average Oompa Loompa's single family home?

How much horseshit does it take to get 20 hours back on TAW?  Seriously, I want to know.  I don't like the 3 lives without the ability to earn extra thing either.

I think I may have been misinterpreted a bit, and the tone of my post didn't help that. My point was directed at the guy saying you can't catch JU-88s that dive away with a Yak or Mig, and I was presenting a counterpoint saying that you absolutely can if you know what you're doing, which that Yak clearly did.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, VF-31_StuntPuppy said:

I think I may have been misinterpreted a bit, and the tone of my post didn't help that. My point was directed at the guy saying you can't catch JU-88s that dive away with a Yak or Mig, and I was presenting a counterpoint saying that you absolutely can if you know what you're doing, which that Yak clearly did.

Umm...   I was that guy.  

And I was speaking from experience. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/23/2019 at 11:05 AM, =2ndSS=Lawyer1 said:

Very, very sorry. Anti-aircraft crew and gunners on Pe2 will probably be very upset.
Although we all remember that you have repeatedly promised to leave, but you always came back))
See you in the sky and enjoy your flights :salute:

It would appear that you were not wrong :biggrin:

22 hours ago, 666GIAP_Chimango said:

Really? Now in a default 109F4 you can shoot down 1xMiG3, 2xPe2s, have ammo to damage other 2 or 3 and run home even damaged and wonded escaping all?

While possible, it certainly seems unlikely. So much so that I have been motivated to run a few tests in an 109F-4 with and without 20mm gunpods against a group of 4x Pe2-35's. (I left the MiG-3 out of it for now)

So far I can replicate the claim with the gunpods, even down to getting hit and winding up in front of a Pe2 :biggrin: No joy yet without the gunpods though...so far :)  Maybe someone better than me can give it a go and see if they can?

Edited by Pict
Spelling, tweaking etc.

20 minutes ago, JG51_Ogg said:

Still not even close to the most used server.

IL-2  Sturmovik  Battle of Stalingrad Screenshot 2019.12.08 - 19.05.16.22.png

It's night time in Europe now. 

Edited by -[HRAF]BubiHUN
  • Upvote 1

Guest deleted@103832

"Toy Story 4" made more money than "Pulp Fiction" and "The Matrix" combined. So what. This server was never intended for the masses. Pages 1,2, and 3 of this thread clearly spell out the TAW philosophy in unmistakable detail. If you're not up to the challenge you will pay the price; repeatedly.

You must be fun at parties...

On 12/8/2019 at 8:35 AM, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

How is it possible that 5-11 players can capture 2 airfields, under about 4-5 hours? Are the AAA scaling down when the population is low?

There is no dependency between AA level and population.

Give missions number to analyse those situations.

08.12.2019 в 10:35, -[HRAF]BubiHUN сказал:

As I understand if one side have less players for a long time their tanks spawn more often for balance.
So outnumbering side may lose if they won’t try to capture airfields and destroy tanks.

On 12/7/2019 at 6:50 AM, SCG_Riksen said:

AAA should be at the highest level in order to prevent lone wolf attacks. This is specially important during the US prime time since the population are lower than EU prime time. I find this vital to hold off large changes in map during the low population times and to stimulate team work. If you want to survive the AAA, you have to coordinate with other players. It is called Tactical Air War for a reason.

For game purposes you're right, AAA has to be set to a high level or targets get bombed into oblivion before the gunners even react, especially once fast fighter-bombers are available.  Sadly, this makes real-world tactics like treetop altitude strikes totally impossible as the AI can see through trees/obstacles and even shoots through them.  So meta tactics specially adapted to this environment are developed, and you must use them to have any chance of survival.

That isn't the TAW devs fault, or anything that they can fix.  They do what they can with what they have.  But it's a shame nevertheless.

Edited by 7.GShAP/Silas

I have found that if we can just take the time and appreciate the effort =LG= and STG2 have put into the TAW server and TAW site functionality. The campaign will be a lot more fun for all and thus spend more time flying and less time looking for things we dislike about their efforts.

Is TAW perfect? No! However TAW's functionality is partially limited by the IL-2 GB platform. Some inherent issues can't be solved nor mediated by cleaver coding. These issues we just have to learn to live with. I can't blame TAW's admin for the hyper accuracy of tail gunners (both sides) and light AAA.

I hate to break it to you - but this is a game made by humans so will they get it 100% - Never. But we have to admit, it's playable, fun and worth the money.

• Upvote 3

of course, im having huge fun flying TAW, but the thing that some people try to find exploit to brake the rules and "cheat", should hurt the intelligence of everyone who fly caring about their lives and planes, which is what the server is encouraging.

Edited by Prancingkiller2

3 hours ago, [_FLAPS_]Dirt_Merchant said:

There is no way to tell for sure, as he is never invited.

What invitation?...he keeps gatecrashing this one just to threaten to leave...

but never does :wacko:

Edited by Pict
  • Haha 2

For those who fly red in US EST evenings, can we get together via discord?  There's only 6-8 of us....

I'm down to provide my discord channel if needed, will be on around 20:30 EST

Edited by Senor_Jefe-6

53 minutes ago, Prancingkiller2 said:

There's an official TS server btw

Yeah full of blue spies!

(Jk, I forgot about that since there's never been anybody on it in the past)

20 hours ago, WG_Magners said:

As I understand if one side have less players for a long time their tanks spawn more often for balance.

Nope.

From manual:

Frequency of spawning tanks convoys depends on three factors:

· map type (offensive or counteroffensive) -  more tank convoys at the beginning of the map

· enemy depo destruction – the greater destruction the more friendly tank convoys

· captured enemy territory – the bigger territory the more friendly tank convoys

• Thanks 1

Maybe read the rules. If you damage a plane and then your opponent has a disco, whether the cause is intentional or unintentional (the game can't tell the difference), you will be credited with an airkill. The log doesn't show any hits, so you didn't get anything. For this TAW, a new rule was introduced, to penalize the DISCO-boys (check Kathon's changelog). If you have frequent disco's you will lose your plane.

Edited by JG4_Knipser
  • Upvote 1

Everyone...

Cheats accusations are very serious, as said in this forums rules;

7. Comments containing profanity, personal insults, accusations of cheating, excessive rudeness, vulgarity, drug propaganda, political and religious discussion and propaganda, all manifestations of Nazism and racist statements, calls to overthrow governments by force, inciting ethnic hatred, humiliation of persons of a particular gender, sexual orientation or religion are not allowed and will result in a ban.

First offense - 3 days ban on entry

Also you all should read this:

Haash

P.S To server administrators: If you need any info of the deleted posts, let me know.

• Thanks 1

A little bit bigger letters please, so I can read it from the other side of the room, while eating popcorn.

Edited by -[HRAF]BubiHUN
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, =2ndSS=KRIS_ said:

Proposal for the next TAB. Remove all tips and course too. This is an aircraft simulator)))

My understanding of what you are saying is as follows;- 

Proposal for the next TAB TAW. Remove all tips and course too technochat & compass heading HUD....

Unfortunately this is not yet possible for server admins to do, this can only be resolved by the developers by making it an option in the realism settings, which so far it is not.

It is something the majority of people want and has been asked for many times, even by the TAW admins. I personally made a poll to see what people though about it and the results were overwhelmingly for having this option. Also there have been many discussion threads about this.

================================

Hopefully the developers will get around to doing this at some point. I'm always hopeful about this kind of thing. For example, access to the radio volume key in the latest patch certainly cheered me up when I realized that if I hold the bottom down long enough I silence the "radio"...ok it's not an off switch which would be better, but they're getting there :biggrin:

Edited by Pict
Spelling, tweaking etc.

I started playing on Rise of Flight and there wasn't any tips about the engine. I was quite surprise to find the tips enabled on an "expert" server. In Rise of Flight i was already in the habit of watching my gauges looking for any potential issues. I also do not get the point of icons and GPS either. The only time I use them is when I am practicing shooting or to fine tune my navigation. Even with navigation, I like to fly out and make a series of turns and "guess" where I am at on the map. If you do that enough times, you may not need to look much at the map. This is especially true if you fly on the same maps Physical features never change.

There are probably four  important things you need to learn; Engine management, spotting, shooting, and maneuvers. 

Requiem and other have numerous videos that tough on each one including engine management. If you burn your engine, then you should do it once and learn. 

I supposed i see things differently; this is a role- playing thing for me, so immersion is important. The stats are secondary or even tertiary to the entertainment. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Man alive!!  You all look at me as if I'm Lucifer Incarnate.
I simply make a statement that it seems the server population is going to hell in a hand basket because of the Super tuned AI AAA and the death/lives counter and everyone comes unglued like a Democrat at a Trump rally.

Back when we started flying on the TAW server there was no death/lives counter and if you were killed by AI then you flew again with a "lesser" airframe.  Now when you get killed you are penalized 24 hours of "sit and think about what you did kiddo".  OK so I flew at 3K altitude on my side of the front and was shot by an AI flak trap that is not on the map.  OOPS MY BAD for thinking I was safe from dumb shit.  I go to time out sorry dad I won't do it again. 

Can I have a good ride after 24 hours.  HELL NO now go fly crap and don't die butthead. 

Fly a resupply mission and a couple of combat missions with a wingman and get not what I lost but another aircraft that I don't usually fly.  Then it happens.  I see a PE2 and drop in on it do some damage and see the engine burning pull off and climbing back to altitude BLAMMO!!! ANOTHER AI AAA kills me!  24 hour penalty JACKASS go sit in the corner!!!  Stop getting killed by AI AAA.  Sorry DAD it wasn't on the map in the area where I hit the PE2 I don't get it.  Yeah but it got you....DUMBASS!!

So next I say screw it I'll fly an HE111 above 5K and go bomb a factory behind the lines.  They'll never expect that.  I fly a covert route along the edges of the map where no one should see me coming. I get 10Km from target, I'm at 5.2K altitude and I'm looking through the bomb-sight getting lined up and what do I hear. FIRST, HE'S ENGAGING!  Oh great here we go get this close and have an enemy fighter find me close to the target before I can drop bombs.I stay in the bomb-sight and continue to work the numbers while I'm hearing bullets hit my HE111.  Then as I approach the drop point the bullets stop and I figured I was on fire (but I wasn't).  Just as I hit the drop button I see a burst of FLAK fill my gunsight and I hear BAM-BAM-BAM-schreech and the HE111 lurches I leave the bomb-sight and look out the window.  Engine 1 the prop is sheared off and there's a hole big enough to drive PICT's and SIDDY's ego through without them touching.  I shut down the engine close the radiators and am amazed I can still hold 5.1K and 225Km/H while making my way back out.  I go back to the bomb sight and close the Bombay doors.  I get back into the pilots position just in time to hear....Yep you guessed it...FIRST!! HE's ENGAGING!!  I see tracers pass over the right wing and engine two.  Then I hear more hits on the wing and see the wing sparkle to life and a fire ensused.  I dove to see if I could put out the fire and the left wing started to come apart.  The HE111 became unstable and I hit the bail out command.  All of my crew left the aircraft ROUND 3.5k in altitude and floated gently to the ground.  I was looking at a creek and thinking I'm going to land in this creek and drown.  I float across the river and settled in the forest beyond.  24HOUR PENALTY!!!!   YOUR AIRCRAFT was shot down BY AI AAA and some random player who got a lucky shot (because he was so bad with the aim in a P40) that I had to bail out.  GO SIT IN THE CORNER AND THINK UPON YOUR SINS LUCIFER!!!!!

Move along two days because my DEATH/LIVES counter was at 0 for losing my HE111 to AI AAA and an idiot.
Flying a JABO 109E7 I'm heading towards a bridge and what occurs.......;YES INDEED AI AAA fires on me and hits me hard.  I drop my bomb and what happens....I actually killed a BT7 tank and I didn't know it was there.  I just wanted my E7 to be light and try to run.  But along with the drop and the jinks I got smoked by AAA AI some more causing 91% damage to the plane and 79.5% damage to the pilot.  YOU DIED DUMBASS!! LEARN HOW TO FLY!!!...GO SIT IN THE CORNER!!!!

Well now I'm done sitting in the corner.  So I start pointing out the obvious things I can see.  Low population numbers on the server.  I point this out in my time zone because back when we first started flying in TAW it was hard to find slots for 6 pilots let alone 10 on a Sunday Night at 8:00PM EST U.S. TIME ZONE. And now from all you TAW fanbois all I get is it's night in the EU so no one plays.  There was a time when finding more than 2 slots at a time was almost non existent.  There were many JG51Molders squad night Sundays (8:00EST U.S.) when we would have to log on individually, take off and fly around, until the rest could get slots to play.  Now I get It's night in the EU no one is playing.

You're right about one thing... No one is playing on the TAW server when you specifically are not playing.  Congratulations you've taken your ball and gone to play by yourself.  You have over 2450 people registered and only 93 players with more than 40 hours on the server.  How long has the server been running now?  It's been over a month. 25 days that I can verify through my account.  That's 600 hours of server time and only 25 of you super fan bois who defend to the death have more than 60 hours.  I'll even round it up only .04% of the registered player base has more than 40 hours of 600 possible hours playing.

If you were the CEO of a corporation you'd be fired by the investors for failure to grow revenues.  Yeah I know you don't get paid.  But you don't get the monetary support you used to get either.  That's a fact.

I am the Devil Lucifer now exorcise me like the mundane horde you are.

Edited by JG51_Ogg
fixing grammar pointed out by SILAS >S<
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, JG51_Ogg said:

I am the Devil Lucifer

No, you're just a very inept virtual pilot who doesn't want to learn to play better.  You have 3 deaths in 5 hours of play. For 9 sorties you lost 6 aircraft. But instead of trying to draw conclusions from their mistakes and enhance your skills, you're crying on the forum like a girl.

Stop showing your weakness to everyone. Remember you're a Marine and behave yourself. Play on this server if you can or leave. Your complaints cause only laughter and pity

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 5