6./ZG26_McKvack

What is your biggest "realistic" wishes for BoS/BoM?

Clickable cockpits means BoS would have two planes instead of 10 for the same cost. It's a no go.

I knew it was a tricky thing to make, but I didn't think it was that tricky. But agreed, there are more pressing issues than clickable cockpits.

- custom Enemy PLANE SKINS in Multiplayer should be visible for the other Players

But optional -  I hope - for ones that don't like see WW II planes with these "creative" skins like Red Bull, football shirts, skate paintings... that eventually is show MP.  ;)

• Upvote 2

I knew it was a tricky thing to make, but I didn't think it was that tricky. But agreed, there are more pressing issues than clickable cockpits.

Every flight sim* I have which features clickable cockpits, DCS, X-Plane 10, all the aircraft sell individually for $30-$50 apiece. So yeah for $79 you'd get 2 planes. The BoS planes are effectively $8 each.

In any case, it's a moot point.

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/18076-poll-clickable-cockpits/?p=284137

*I mean the financially successful ones, not counting Cliffs of Dover

Edited by SharpeXB

Every flight sim* I have which features clickable cockpits, DCS, X-Plane 10, all the aircraft sell individually for $30-$50 apiece. So yeah for $79 you'd get 2 planes. The BoS planes are effectively $8 each.

In any case, it's a moot point.

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/18076-poll-clickable-cockpits/?p=284137

*I mean the financially successful ones, not counting Cliffs of Dover

It is a moot point, agreed.

I wouldn't mind paying the 79$ to get two planes. What I do mind however that when I pay that I get to fly a nice plane in a World that tells me to TURN AROUND after not even half a tank of fuel.

In this sense, I think 777 do a good job here in keeping a balance in what is required to deliver for a plane. You don't need a ferrari on a Kart track. But sell a good kart and everyone has a lot of fun at much less expenses than in Maranello.

Z

History FLight model Dinamic accurated over all for example FW 190 A3 had better turn and acceleration than the Spitfire MK V , it was something similar to the Ford Mustang better for some things like climbing worse than mustang in othe things . A pilot in of FW 190 A3 and Dora of WW2 in DCS video you tube says That The FW190 does not enter in barrena suddenly , it stars turning turns and advice responses before enter barrena with the turbulences . Remenber FW 190 is was better than bf 109 F and G in all aspecs turn acceleration , like better than Spitfire MKv .In BoS NO FW 190 has no better turn and acceleration .

FW 190 missing armament 4 bombs in the wings of 50 kg and one of 250 kg until a bomb of 1800 kg the sc 1000 bomb ,

guns 13 mm MG131 in the fuselage , including 30 mm Mk103 guns , several rockets and projectors , torpedoes BT700 and

more later Bv 246 missiles .

Limit number of planes in every hangar of the airport , like real war every airport has their limit planes and if you bomb and destroy and hangar all the planes in the hangar missing . And you can refuel the plane and rearm with certain time once you land or every time you land . In BOS the planes appears in the airport magically and instantly .

Tanks and Infantry like Steel Breast and Red Orchestra .

Just give us Pete Wilsons campaign engine for BoS/M and I'll be a happy customer. Give us a semi-dynamic coop campaign and you'll sell 3 more BoS and BoM licences to squad mates of mine.

Weather like this and large solid overcast clouds like at 2m 33s:

Edited by Mysticpuma

I'm a consistent no icon player; however, when the numbers get limited I'll head over to the "Normal" servers for some gunnery practice.  

I wouldn't mind seeing the icons for friendly/enemy aircraft in normal mode, as long as the icons were only visible with an unobstructed view.  For example, if an aircraft or ground target you are looking at travels under your wing or behind one of the bars on the cockpit, the icon disappears until the aircraft is back in view again.   No arrows on the edges of the screen telling you where to point your plane, or telling you exactly where the enemy is during a rolling scissors.  

This at least would allow for people to still be jumped if not paying attention, require pilots to keep eyes on their enemy, and still provide assistance in spotting for the less than eagle eyed.

Just a thought!  :salute:

• Upvote 1

Just give us Pete Wilsons campaign engine for BoS/M and I'll be a happy customer.

This!

Just give us Pete Wilsons campaign engine for BoS/M and I'll be a happy customer. 

Pat Wilson. :) Pete Wilson is a politician.  :biggrin:

FW 190 missing armament 4 bombs in the wings of 50 kg and one of 250 kg until a bomb of 1800 kg the sc 1000 bomb ,
guns 13 mm MG131 in the fuselage , including 30 mm Mk103 guns , several rockets and projectors , torpedoes BT700 and
more later Bv 246 missiles .

Those are weapons loadouts for later A and F variants.What we have in game is A-3 model.

Tanks and Infantry like Steel Breast and Red Orchestra .

Oh boy.I wouldnt touch it/them steel ones :lol:  ;)

Pat Wilson. :) Pete Wilson is a politician.  :biggrin:

Ouch - I apologize. :unsure:

HAha  yes Steel best pardon what I was thiking ? Yes You have reason Brano you are correct Tanks , I revisit Wikipedia , Pardon : Operation Uranus from 19 November 1942 to 2 February 1943 . Sorry Mistaken . Only mention the 300 L Drop fuel Tank for bomb . Fw 190 A-4 Introduced in July 1942, the A-4 was equipped with the same engine and basic armament as the A-3. Fw 190 A-4/Rüstsatz 6 (/R6) - Some A-4s were fitted with a pair of under-wing Werfer-Granate 21 (BR 21) rocket mortars, and were designated Fw 190 A-4/R6. Fw 190 A-4/U1 - The A-4/U1 was outfitted with an ETC 501 rack under the fuselage. All armament except for the MG 151 cannon was removed. Fw 190 A-4/U3 - The A-4/U3 was very similar to the U1, and later served as the prototype for the Fw 190 F-1 assault fighter. Fw 190 A-4/U4 - The A-4/U4 was a reconnaissance fighter, with two Rb 12.4 cameras in the rear fuselage and an EK 16 or Robot II gun camera. The U4 was equipped with fuselage-mounted 7.92 mm (.312 in) MG 17s and 20 mm MG 151 cannon. Fw 190 A-4/U7 - The A-4/U7 was a high-altitude fighter, easily identified by the compressor air intakes on either side of the cowling. Adolf Galland flew a U7 in the spring of 1943. Fw 190 A-4/U8 - The A-4/U8 was the Jabo-Rei (Jagdbomber Reichweite, long-range fighter-bomber), adding a 300 L (80 US gal) drop tank under each wing, on VTr-Ju 87 racks with duralumin fairings produced by Weserflug, and a centreline bomb rack. The outer wing-mounted 20 mm MG FF/M cannon and the cowling-mounted 7.92 mm (.312 in) MG 17 were removed to save weight. The A-4/U8 was the precursor of the Fw 190 G-1. Fw 190 A-4/R1 - The A-4/R1, was fitted with a FuG 16ZY radio set with a Morane "whip" aerial fitted under the port wing. These aircraft, called Leitjäger or Fighter Formation Leaders, could be tracked and directed from the ground via special R/T equipment called Y-Verfahren. More frequent use of this equipment was made from the A-5 onwards.[28]

220px-Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-674-7772-13

Fw 190A-5 with the under-wingWGr 21 rocket-propelled mortar. The weapon was developed from the 21 cm Nebelwerfer 42 infantry weapon.
Fw 190 A-5 The A-5 was developed after it was determined that the Fw 190 could easily carry more ordnance. The D-2 engine was moved forward another 15 cm (6 in) as had been tried out earlier on the service test A-3/U1 aircraft, moving the centre of gravity forward to allow more weight to be carried aft. Fw 190 A-5/U2 - The A-5/U2 was designed as a night Jabo-Rei and featured anti-reflective fittings and exhaust flame dampeners. A centre-line ETC 501 rack typically held a 250 kg (550 lb) bomb, and wing-mounted racks mounted 300 L drop tanks. A EK16 gun camera, as well as landing lights, were fitted to the wing leading edge. The U2 was armed with only two 20 mm MG 151 cannon. Fw 190 A-5/U3 - The A-5/U3 was a Jabo fighter fitted with ETC 501s for drop tanks and bombs; it too featured only two MG 151s for armament. Fw 190 A-5/U4 - The A-5/U4 was a "recon" fighter with two RB 12.5 cameras and all armament of the basic A-5 with the exception of the MG FF cannon. Fw 190 A-5/U8 - The A-5/U8 was another Jabo-Rei outfitted with SC-250 centreline-mounted bombs, under-wing 300-litre drop tanks and only two MG 151s; it later became the Fw 190 G-2. Fw 190 A-5/U9 - Test installation of the A-7 modifications. Fw 190 A-5/U12 - A special U12 was created for bomber attack, outfitted with the standard 7.92 mm (.312 in) MG 17 and 20 mm MG 151 but replacing the outer wing 20 mm MG-FF cannon with two underwing gun pods containing two 20 mm MG 151/20 each, for a total of two machine guns and six cannon. Fw 190 A-5/R11 - The A-5/R11 was a night fighter conversion fitted with FuG 217 Neptun (Neptune) radar equipment with arrays of three dipole antenna elements vertically mounted fore and aft of the cockpit and above and below the wings. Flame-dampening boxes were fitted over the exhaust exits. 1,752 A-5s were built from November 1942 to June 1943.[29] Fw 190 A-6

Re-instantiate the blackouts.  Make better looking exhaust fumes instead of the dumb looking ones.   :biggrin:

"What is your biggest "realistic" wishes for BoS/BoM?"

FM Fixes.

- LaGG-3 & La-5 roll rate

- FW 190A-3 roll rate inertia

- Max safe speed of LaGG-3, La-5, and BF 109s

- FW 190A-3 climb rate/performance above 1200m in winter

- Yak-1 magic flaps and energy retention

- Trim need of fighters simply nonexistent

Agreed 100%

+1

Could not agree more on those one, especially on Yak magic flaps and ability to maneuver very tight without loosing energy.

Edited by C6_MadisonV44

I have to say, the game is great and all...love the planes that are in IL-2 BoS and many other positive things.  My biggest two things in regards to hopeful updates that I really wished they would have focused on prior to asking for another 100 dollars from me are the following.

My biggest problem, is that is only during the winter portion of Stalingrad, which is an extreme bummer.  I find myself blinded or my eyes bugging out (on full real settings with no markers so I am constantly straining to find targets of opportunity) due to the massive 2 tone feel to this game.  It blows me away, that the same makers of Rise of Flight, made this.  

Rise of Flight in my opinion is the way that they should have pursued this game, with everything from Career Mode, to the way Multiplayer had kill-streaks and other reasons to continue popping on-line...with multiple maps and different seasons.  Rise of Flight is a game I can end up spending way too long playing, when in fact, I wish I could spend that time here...but I seriously can not handle more than about an hour and I just am tired of seeing white.

As much as I want to continue to support the IL-2 series that I have been doing sine IL-2:1946 and all the other IL-2 games that have came out...I am unsure if I can see myself dishing out (and I have many other sim enthusiast friends that are feeling the same way) another 100 dollars for basically saying, "Welp, IL-2 BoS wasn't even finished, but...here's hoping IL-2 BoM is better."  Sadly, I can not until I hopefully see continuing improvements for IL-2 BoS.

Now please, do not get it confused that I am saying this game is not wonderful for a Simulation style WW2 game, I just think that if they took a lot of the Rise of Flight ideas and implement them in this game, it would be no question best game ever.  Happy Hunting & See you in the Skies.

Not sure if you read about this, but there will be a summer and an autumn map for the BoS (for free) and Pat Wilson is working on an improved carreer mode (for free).

Also if you don't need the Mc.202 and P-40, BoM costs $49,99.

Better sprites graphics when firing (2d sprites) and better effects (also sprites) when bullets hit the grouns, a la CloD.
Also, better tracers as well, as they seem a little weird and disappear in a strange way.

Edited by Ioshic

I would like better DM the technical and visual aspect something like Team Fusion did

I would love 3D cockpit

• Upvote 2

Trim on axis would be a starting point. Why can't they get the simple things right?

+1.

I recently bought Saitek Trim Wheel, just realized this is the only sim in which it does not work. Even War Thunder got it right.

This should be simple; a keystroke to view static aircraft ala CloD:

3w_zpszmpiu4vn.jpg

I recently bought Saitek Trim Wheel, just realized this is the only sim in which it does not work. Even War Thunder got it right.

Trim wheel is working. Under win 10 you should use the standard driver from windows. Calibration in the game need ca. 11 rounds up and 22 down.

The wheel is working alright, but the game does not have an assignment for trim axis, only for the stabilizer axis used in Bf-109. So I can make it work only in Bf-109, even though all those aircraft in reality had manual trim wheel (except Fw-190).

Edited by some1

+1.

Can someone in the know please explain why there is no trim "axis" available (only button assignment).

Sturmovik 1946, CLOD and FSX all have availability for assigning trim to an "axis" which if you have a Saitek X52 is the only way to go.

Nicholaiovitch

In BoS if the specific plane had a control on an axis you get it in the game. If the control in the real plane was just a button or switch that is what you get.

Some things in the real planes look like a lever but really were just big mechanical switches.

Yak?

In BoS if the specific plane had a control on an axis you get it in the game. If the control in the real plane was just a button or switch that is what you get.

Some things in the real planes look like a lever but really were just big mechanical switches.

Yak?

Yes, in the Yak the FLAPS control looks like a lever but acts as a switch as it is all retracted or extended. While in the 190 flaps is controlled by a button but each time you press it it moves the flaps just a bit.

I'll add my suggestions and not repeat others in this thread.

REALISTIC IMPORVEMNETS:

Armor Glass for FW 190

http://forum.il2stur...vidence-thread/

Tablet and or Smart Phone as a controller to the game. (instead of clickable cockpit)

This could be different for the various plane and engine controls.

In fact, for each plane there could be a specific graphic interface. You could use your finger to move say the trims and radiator controls or just tap 'buttons' for others.

The user interface could be simple for a small screen like an I-phone or much fancier for a tablet. For a wheel or lever control the graphic is be such a thing that even looked a bit like what is in the selected plan.

It would be more realistic that buttons on a keyboard.

That's not true. It's a game problem, not a feature. 

In BOS there is axis assignment for stabilizer adjustment used by the Bf-109 but there is no axis assigment for the trim system used by all other planes. Ok, Fw-190 and Pe-2 had an electrical trim with a switch, but other planes (P-40, I-16, LaGGs, Yak) had manual trim with a wheel and it should be possible to use the trim axis with them. 

Edited by some1

You cant turn the wheel in real continuously for 3,4 or 5 or whatever full revolutions.Your hand/wrist can move/twist only to the limit.You have to apply several "halfturns" to get from zero to max.In game it is half done job.If you press the button as one click,you turn the wheel a bit.Thats OK.But if you keep the button pushed,it will spin the wheel like crazy,which is not OK.

On the other hand, those "halfturns" can be much faster in real life. So the speed we have in game when you press a button for the trim/flaps is somewhat average approximation of the speed you could achieve in real life.

You could use a proper hardware like this: http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/trimwheel.html(the wheel takes 9 tuns from one end to the other), but sadly, the game doesn't support it properly and that's the point of the whole discussion. 

My wishes:

- Radio !!!

- Manual start (Fuel On/off  // Pump // Battery on/off // Magnetos // ...)

Just for pleasure:

- Be able to turn on and off the sight

*And to finish, joystick setup like in RoF would be damn great! 

• Upvote 4

My wishes goes in the eye candy direction.

I would really like to see realistic results of bombing, shooting up and crashing. Meaning burning buildings, tanks, trucks, planes and so on, with a lot of smoke and not just for 2 sec.

post-22625-0-75430700-1447959842_thumb.jpg

post-22625-0-51454500-1447959864_thumb.jpg

post-22625-0-33083500-1447959886_thumb.jpg

post-22625-0-95303900-1447959899_thumb.jpg

post-22625-0-64404600-1447959920_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 3

My wishes:

- Rear view mirrors (I know it's demanding for pc's but a low resolution or generic one like someone proposed in the sugestions section would be fine for me).

- Contact altimeter.

- Usable course setter on repeater compass.

- Realistic radio navigation (will unfortunately not happen following the q&a section).

- A key to center the elevator trim (maybe not realistic but hey, we can center the other trims too, so...).

- Realistic indication for taxiing (model some ground crew who show you the way, let a guy sit on your wing to show you the way,...).

:salute:

• Upvote 1

A key to center the elevator trim (maybe not realistic but hey, we can center the other trims too, so...).

That already is possible - unless you're talking about the horizontal stabilizer. 

That already is possible - unless you're talking about the horizontal stabilizer. 

Indeed, my mistake, sorry.

:salute:

My wishes goes in the eye candy direction.

I would really like to see realistic results of bombing, shooting up and crashing. Meaning burning buildings, tanks, trucks, planes and so on, with a lot of smoke and not just for 2 sec.

This.

It would be great if smoke from a bombing run would last for MUCH longer... it would add realism a lot.

• Upvote 2