6./ZG26_McKvack

What is your biggest "realistic" wishes for BoS/BoM?

I'm all about destruction, which really affects the way I want this game to improve.   :wacko:

- Proper gear damage.  When an aircraft weighing thousands upon thousands of pounds lands hard, the gear isn't going to stay perfectly rigid until it abruptly snaps off in midair seconds later.  It's going to bend, something that DCS has done an excellent job of modelling, even on the freebie TF-51.

- Removal of the indestructible wing phenomenon.  If you break off one wing entirely, you cannot break the opposite wing off entirely.  It becomes next to invincible, if you finally do apply enough force to snap it off, the plane explodes.  While some people say that it is unrealistic to have 2 symmetrically damaged wings, I say it's worse to have indestructible wings.  If you damage both your wings to the point at which neither are even physically attached to the airframe, they should both behave in pretty much the same way.

- Reworking of skin damage.  Currently, enough RCM bullets will tear out chunks of skin in the exact same fashion as cannon shells.  What more, bullet holes do not line up with bullet impacts.  You can see that Star Citizen has done just that, except with additional effects like paint damage.

- Improvement of wing damage.  Either they are perfectly strong and sturdy, or they are completely destroyed and about to fall off.  There is no middle ground.  Even if you have been heavily damaged, your wings can still bear the same amount of Gs.

These really aren't critical issues, I think it's much more important to upgrade the game to DX12 and 64bit, but this stuff would really push the sim ahead of the competition.

Edited by CF-105
  • Upvote 1

The easiest on my wishlist is the time skins take to load. It's embarrasing right now.

Also, a longer term "realistic" wish would be to add more theaters, hopefully mediterranean/north Africa with sunny and warm scenarios. This could be another paid expansion.

I don't expect the devs to do this, but it would be nice to move up to DX12, 64bit or whatever makes the engine take advantage of all the power on your computer.

Right now it feels like there are too many bottlenecks that dont allow to have a decent amount of units simultaneously.

• Upvote 1

Here`s my plain list:

1. Better and more immersive campaign. What it requires has been covered in this thread and forum many times so I`ll just leave it to that sentence.

2. Better and more immersive campaign.

3. More mission types. More interesting and versatile missions. For campaign that is. Also have been discussed much so I believe you know what it takes.

4. AI development. AI is pretty decent but not nearly always. I hope it get`s work too, it`s very important for SP side of the game. Many AI deficiences have been reported in the bug forum and other threads on this forum so please correct those faults. Some of those are crucial.

4. Give more time compression options. At least 4x, 8x would be better. If someone want`s to run through campaign with accelerated time that`s their business and problem. I would like to use 4x sometimes and I am not cheating :)

5. Give 3rd party developers what they need to make campaigns.

• Upvote 3

I would love it if the SP missions were so unpredicatable that you would fear speeding up time in case you were attacked!

In fainess I do seem to stumble across other battles from time to time.

I agree. But still it would be handy sometimes to have more time acceleration.

all the above plus exhaust smoke.  It's realistic, ROF has it so I know it can be added and 109's very famous for their dirty exhaust smoke belch when the pilot used full throttle.  Also, oxygen masks.

I would love it if the SP missions were so unpredicatable that you would fear speeding up time in case you were attacked!

Yes, an even better idea.

And yes, there's action outside the mission enter and exit points in the campaign.

all the above plus exhaust smoke. It's realistic, ROF has it so I know it can be added and 109's very famous for their dirty exhaust smoke belch when the pilot used full throttle. Also, oxygen masks.

+1 easily achievable, nice eyecandy that will definately get noticed.

The exhaust smoke might even have a slight impact on gameplay, since it could give away, when a pilot is throtteling down to force an overshoot.

Multi-core support would do wonders for this game and allow a lot more people to play it properly. Dx11 would also help a ton. Maybe then we would be able to have 100+ servers

• Upvote 1

More and varied ground objects. More truck types, tractors, horse drawn, small vehicles, passenger rail cars, smaller and larger train engines, tanks, apc's, cannon and AT guns, and........................................infantry!!

And either pilot skins or the ability to skin them ourselves. There was a pretty wide variety of uniform and personal dress among pilots.

Edited by [WSB]HerrMurf

Here is a couple from me:

1. New countries with native radio chat/protocol (Italy, Romania, Hungary) + unique pilot models for new countries.

2. Reworked (3D) bomb sights as the current 2D interface is huge immersion breaker for me..

3. Flyable Ju-52 of course!

4. Weather improvements. BoS map is like 300km in length and weather conditions usually differ on that kind of terrain. I would love to be able to set good and bad weather regions on the map somehow (or even make them change with time).

5. Focus on the future from tech point of view (DX 11/12 and VR support).

1. flyable Ju-52

2. more FM fixes (especially for ancient bugs)

3, a flyable Ju 52

4. more options (graphics, difficulty)

5. player limit 100 for MP servers

6. reworked financial model (more single aircrafts for sale + a cheaper starter pack)

7. improvements to sounds (or allow comunity sound mods)

And last but not least, maybe a flyable Ju 52 :rolleyes:

5. Infantry units you can strafe.

If we can already shoot parachutes, infantry untis should be destructable as well. That would really connect you to the heart of the battle and make it more alive.

Less arcade smoke and fire effects or at-least more variation in the effects. Love the ground explosions though :)

Would love to have a solid layer of cloud above or below a second layer of cloud. This would lead to.much more interesting online and offline okay. You could be above a flight of bombers, but with a solid overcast you would have to dive through it to explore in true 3D environment. Having to search above and below and dogfight in and above a solid cloud layer would add a huge dimension to dogfighting and also allow effectively a hide and seek.environment.

Cheers, MP

• Upvote 2

More and varied ground objects. More truck types, tractors, horse drawn, small vehicles, passenger rail cars, smaller and larger train engines, tanks, apc's, cannon and AT guns, and........................................infantry!!

And either pilot skins or the ability to skin them ourselves. There was a pretty wide variety of uniform and personal dress among pilots.

Yep, and I would certainly add some "civil" ground items with negative impact if destroyed or shot down.

This could increase by a lot the life on the ground and a new interesting level for ground attack missions to spot the right target.

Nevertheless I think adding such amount of ground unit with a reasonnable quality of textures and a bit of AI brain would be quite difficult to integrate without compromising the overall perfomances of the flight sim itself which remain the most important part to be preserved.

- Co-operative campaign mode (say up to 4 players can join in a "single player" type campaign experience gaining points/unlocks and flying together)

+1

Visually, I would love a more accurate and complete self-shadowing solution for the cockpits, finally involving all the beautiful 3D modeling work that has been put into them; a higher-res option for these shadows would be welcome too (I'm still thinking of very early CloD versions here; the rest of the product was a complete mess but man, those shadows... :blush:).

• Upvote 1

Tents at the airfields and livestock. Both could be static and still liven up the landscape.

For the summer maps +1

not so much for the Winter maps ;)

Cheers Dakpilot

1. Introduction of a COOP game mode for those that prefer that style of gameplay. Ive been away for a bit so I am not sure how well people are dealing with creating coop style missions for dogfight servers

2. An official lobby that would allow people to organise ad-hoc COOP matches, or see others waiting to join servers but aren't due to low numbers

3. After announced BOM content is complete - Addition of more premium? lend lease planes to bring more western players into the game

4. Some indication of where the frontline is during the campaign missions.

• Upvote 1

For me, nr. 1 has to be VR support.

Maybe also higher resolution and detail on the oil windscreen effect and dynamic raindrop/snow effects on the windscreen.

Other than that I would love to fly the Yer-2 some time in the future. Such a good looking bomber. (might be a bit unrealistic wish, but still)

6. reworked financial model (more single aircrafts for sale + a cheaper starter pack)

Nice idea, outside of US/Europe the game is very expensive (Here the impact on wallet is like one in US, buy 4/5 DCS planes at full price at same time).

A accessible two plane start version (better if can choose 1 per side, or both for same side), and the other planes as buy option will be good, many "LuftWaffles" never fly in Russian planes.

1) Remove the welder in the menu screen (or at least allow it to be turned off). It causes so much eye-strain while remapping keys.

2) Remove the title music that plays on start-up. I know you can switch off the music in game and in the menu system, but I can't turn off that initial start-up music.

Or is is only 1 available for the H-6? It cant be modified? 

The second bomb bay in the H-6 was designed to carry fuel and oil tanks.  

The second bomb bay in the H-6 was designed to carry fuel and oil tanks.  

Was this the default option on every H-6? 

Grtz Martijn

1) first priority for me : level up cockpit view with high def texture to nowadays standards ( see Arma III or Project cars or C101 DCS level of photorealistic) (  ... and a fully clickable cockpit would be great ;-)

2) make available to put away ALL assistance and "tech chat" and helpers to a high level studie sim( if clickable cockpit of course)

3) a green summer map as soon as possible as a free DLC upgrade.

4) remove or tweak those unrealistic springs gear on russian planes.

5) a strong FMB like IL2 first or COD

6) ability to have server with more than 100 players

7)Unrestricted graphic settings (PC gamers enjoy to tweak all those graphics settings we are not on an Xbox... )

Was this the default option on every H-6? 

yes

post-549-0-94419700-1440428615_thumb.jpg

Edited by LukeFF

"What is your biggest "realistic" wishes for BoS/BoM?"

FM Fixes.

- LaGG-3 & La-5 roll rate

- FW 190A-3 roll rate inertia

- Max safe speed of LaGG-3, La-5, and BF 109s

- FW 190A-3 climb rate/performance above 1200m in winter

- Yak-1 magic flaps and energy retention

- Trim need of fighters simply nonexistent
  • Upvote 6

very doubtful. maybe, only LaGG-3 (looks like that it depends on series, i.e. there was modernized handling for XX-3X series), and La-5 starting from ~400 IAS and more.

this question several times was discussed on russian forum, and, in total - looks like that all planes have bigger limit than in manuals with their SAFE limits, i.e. german 750 > 850 and more (AFAIK confirmed in some sources and memoirs), soviet 600-650 > 700-750.

although, if we have limits for SuN/Fosazh etc., we must? have ALL limits from manuals?   :scratch_one-s_head:

and apart of other russian documents for engineers (by SAS47, if i not mistaken), i found results of special tests of La-5 type 37 s21 (i.e. plane is almost indentical with s4-8) - 690 kph IAS - instead of 625 IAS kph in manuals.

thanks for your report about ETC 501 (looks like that is something like "idea fix" :biggrin:). and according to official performance, 15 mps at sl - it's a bit lower than there must be................

but what about too high speed at sl?

i mean 533 kph at sl in game (3850 kg and 1.32 ata), and max. 519-521 kph at sl in RL (i think that is exactly with 3850 kg and 4xMG). although, i seen 2 a bit strange reports, where Fw 190 with 4xMG and 1.32 ata showed exactly about 525-533 kph at sl.

Edited by bivalov

I'll send you a PM bivalov.

(to not turn this thread into a FM discussion)

Edited by Ze_Hairy

1) Exhaust smoke would be nice to see, and help set up mixture for aircraft with manual control. Especially as it changes with altitude, and full throttle applications.

2) Manual start up procedure would be nice (not clickable) mapped to keys, CloD style!

3) (I know someone will jump on me for this) a server setting to be able to turn off technical tips/help. PLEASE.

Seriously nearly every technical tip/help is covered by looking at you controls or/and gauges. (who do I make the cheque out to for this one!)

4) At least 1 flyable reconnaissance plane for each side (Fw189 and U2? maybe).

5) Historically accurate flight models ;) 

6) Multiplayer CooP mode. (Although what DBS do with their Friday Night missions is as good as, awesome!)

A civilian open world Flight sim with 777 physics would redifine simming. (clickable cockpit of course)

Edited by indiaciki

A simple request that certainly adds more realism to this fantastic simulator: a gunsight switch. You just need to fight, the rest of the time the real pleasure is to fly with nothing between you and the landscape around. In my opinion It also give a little disturb in landing operation.

• Upvote 1

less mp focus, more sp focus. sims shine in sp, not so much in the air quake that mp invariably devolves to.

FM Fixes.

agree..

FM Fixes.

Agreed 100%

2) Manual start up procedure would be nice (not clickable) mapped to keys, CloD style!

What is so bad about clickabe cockpits? Some functions you use very rarely. And why should that exclude a key binding to this function? A2A planes (like Spitfire etc.) and I find it very convenient just to click on a switch when i need it. Especially as there are so many functions and for different planes that one tends to forget keybindings for less used functions. Clicking is also faster than LShift + RAlt + "+" for instance.

In combat and while looking around clicking is impractical. But really, why would that exclude a key binding?

• Upvote 1

I think the point people worry about 'clickable cockpits" is the huge development cost for little comparable benefit, there are more pressing things to worry about, or better new features ;)

Cheers Dakpilot

• Upvote 5

Clickable cockpits means BoS would have two planes instead of 10 for the same cost. It's a no go.

Hi DEV's

for me these things are very very very important. And I really hope you implement this. Will also pay extra for that!!!!!!!! The Price doesnt matter.

>> Clickable cockpits means BoS would have two planes instead of 10 for the same cost. It's a no go

absolutely Rubish! They already implement this. Take a look on your Cockpit when starting the engine. There is no mouse pointer mapping/event at this time.

Thanks a lot for this marvelous Simulator!

Greets,

Rote

- clickable Cockpits

- Fixed FLAPS (Jammed Flaps on high speed, losing flaps on high speed) . At the moment not really realistic in BOS IL2

- True COOP Mode

- Correct Engine Sounds and Gun Sounds (Refering to Tiger33 Mod - Please DEVS, ask him for integration!!!! It does a lot more immersion!!!!)
  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkNCeaqGTNU

- If possible - flyable ME262 A2 - I will definately pay for that!

- custom Enemy PLANE SKINS in Multiplayer should be visible for the other Players

Edited by RoteDreizehn