6./ZG26_McKvack

What is your biggest "realistic" wishes for BoS/BoM?

Hello

I wonder what is your wishes for BoS/BoM when thinking in a realistic way? By saying "realistic" I mean something that is not way too big for the devs to handle. Think possible wishes :)

I got 3 wishes atm  

1. Flyable Ju-52 with campaign transport missions(already exist for A.I)

2. Being able to fly as a wingman in singleplayer.

3. Giving A.I random skins so instead of only white skin each one got a random skin from all the available skins you can unlock.

• Upvote 2

I have a few:

- Co-operative campaign mode (say up to 4 players can join in a "single player" type campaign experience gaining points/unlocks and flying together)

- Better lead/wingman AI behavior

- Some revamped AI radio controls (I think some of them need to be renamed or better thought out)

- More bomber AI controls (i.e. I'd like to be able to tell my Pe-2 squadron that we'll be dive bombing the target... not level bombing everything)

• Upvote 1

3. A definate no from me on this I'm afraid 'each one to have a random skin' they should all have the same skin as they are in a flight/squadron/schwarm...

This sounds much better :) 1+

- Co-operative campaign mode (say up to 4 players can join in a "single player" type campaign experience gaining points/unlocks and flying together)

- More bomber AI controls (i.e. I'd like to be able to tell my Pe-2 squadron that we'll be dive bombing the target... not level bombing everything)

Awesome suggestions. Especially Coop campaign. I've wanted coop since the day I bought BoS.

Edited by McKvack

I know it's been asked for a lot and it might even be getting worked on now albeit by a third party,

But the biggest best thing that could be added to BoS/BoM is a Career Mode such as RoF has.

• Upvote 3

Nothing fancy, just steady expansion into more theaters and gradual improvements.

(And an instruction manual for the mission builder)

Manual start-up like in CloD. Expert difficulty should force manual start-up. No need for clickable cockpits but keys bound to everything you need should suffice. I mean the animations are already there!

Allow other players to be the bombardier in your bomber.

Right now, the pilot has to do everything and it's hard enough to keep track of your bombing target, trimming out when hit, etc, etc..

Remove the modern radar at airfields in MP.

Whoever makes the missions for WoL is a talented genius in preventing all the vulching this modern radar brings.

If it weren't for him, I wouldn't be playing this game.

Clickable Cockpits (Not very realistic)

But when you start your engine, you can watch all the switches/buttons/levers move, hopefully someday you can optionally be the one who moves them.

Edited by Y-29.Silky
  • Upvote 1

0.  GIVE ME PERMISSION TO EDIT MY POST ABOVE...  :wacko:

1.  Fix the Hit sounds bug

2. Multi-core support for better server-client processing

3. Delayed skin draw bug

4. Release a module that ISN'T on the Eastern Front so Western players will purchase the game and the series is a success outside Russia.

5. Begin to release single aircraft that span Both BoM and BoS, and any future modules.  ie. Yak-7B, Hs-123, Hs-129, IL-4, 

6.  Release more Axis allied aircraft for the BoS, Specifically Italian, Hungarian, and Romanian planes  ie. IAR 80 / 81 , Potez bombers, Fiat BR.20, Macchi C.200

7.  Individual aircraft releases for Lend LEase Aicraft that could build up toward future expansion modules  ie. P-39, DB-7 Boston, Hurricane, Spit Mk V, Earlier Marks of P-40

8.  More weapon and field upgrades, including fuel tanks..

I could go on....

• Upvote 2

0.  GIVE ME PERMISSION TO EDIT MY POST ABOVE...  :wacko:

1.  Fix the Hit sounds bug

2. Multi-core support for better server-client processing

3. Delayed skin draw bug

4. Release a module that ISN'T on the Eastern Front so Western players will purchase the game and the series is a success outside Russia.

5. Begin to release single aircraft that span Both BoM and BoS, and any future modules.  ie. Yak-7B, Hs-123, Hs-129, IL-4, 

6.  Release more Axis allied aircraft for the BoS, Specifically Italian, Hungarian, and Romanian planes  ie. IAR 80 / 81 , Potez bombers, Fiat BR.20, Macchi C.200

7.  Individual aircraft releases for Lend LEase Aicraft that could build up toward future expansion modules  ie. P-39, DB-7 Boston, Hurricane, Spit Mk V, Earlier Marks of P-40

8.  More weapon and field upgrades, including fuel tanks..

I could go on....

ROFL  :lol:    I agree with all of these  :salute:

Realistic smoke effects(damaged aircraft) instead of 2d smoke.

• Upvote 1

Mods-on mode

More natural AI voices.

Change the Action Point phrase to Target Area or something that sounds reasonable for people who's first language is English. 

• Upvote 1

There are some very good ideas listed. 

My baby, as always :rolleyes:  , (change the channel now - lol) axial inertia, particularly in roll.  I think it would have a bigger impact than most people, apparently, think.

1. Would Like to see a much simplier mission editor. It's too complicated for me and for the younger folks like my kids.

2. Would like to see specular highlights in the cockpit, adds realism (I.e. Glass reflections gauges etc. Like CLOD.

3. Ability to do COOP missions. In 1946, I could fly in missions with my kids and friends. At the moment I can't get them to fly with me.

To paraphrase the Spice Girls, what I really really want are Bomber Crew who do their jobs.  I want to take off in a Heinkel, ask the navigator for a course to the first waypoint and fly there.  I want him to give me course corrections if I go astray.  I want the flight engineer chappy to talk to me and tell me when the engines are running hot, cold or over revving.  I want to turn on to the initial point and fly the bomb run with the bomb aimer telling me left, left right... steady.  Bombs gone!

I don't want to fly alone in a bomber like this guy anymore:

10285701390.jpg

• Upvote 6

My humble wish - a stat/debriefing screen for single mission mode.

• Upvote 2

Very good suggestions! My wishes are:

- debrief screen in SP

- re-worked smoke trails

- flyable Ju-52

- less blurry clouds (RoF is just perfect)

- fixed sound bug - I know, it's not a bug, it's the engine, but it's still pretty strange.

- optional startup procedures - the start engine button would still work, but one could do it manually too with some extra key assignments. No need to have clicable cockpits.

1. Being able to choose a lower pilot level in campaign, doesn't matter if I wouldn't get xp from it. I''m simply not good enough to detect the enemy before they have taken me out with their superhuman aim.

2. Customizable graphics. Would help anyone with a less powerful computer.

Raindrops on my canopy that moves with the windspeed.

Oildrops that do the same.

More weather.

...and all that Feathered_IV said about the crew in the bombplanes. Great idea.

Have a nice day all!

• Upvote 2

SP requests :

Pilot roster and missions debriefing records.

No mandatory waypoints and, more importantly, no mandatory exit point. Plus renaming the odd "ACTION" point would be much more immersive. (Let us plan our missions, and decide waypoints and exit points, the objective area can be approached just like you want.)

If  you destroy the objective and get damaged but reach your lines (then land in the countryside or anywhere else without dying) then you keep the points, you even get more and a special medal for it for you are a hero. No exit point obsession can spoil that!

More random secondary targets.

Oh yes fix the hitsound bug.

Edited by KosmoGol77
  • Upvote 1

To paraphrase the Spice Girls, what I really really want are Bomber Crew who do their jobs.  I want to take off in a Heinkel, ask the navigator for a course to the first waypoint and fly there.  I want him to give me course corrections if I go astray.  I want the flight engineer chappy to talk to me and tell me when the engines are running hot, cold or over revving.  I want to turn on to the initial point and fly the bomb run with the bomb aimer telling me left, left right... steady.  Bombs gone!

10285701390.jpg

Actually, that's a damn good point. Good old Microprose's "B-17 - Mighty Eighth" was a golden example of how bombers could be done well.

• Upvote 1

10285701390.jpg

Very well said.....

Its one of the things I miss when flying a bomber.  Currently the other crewmen are not much more than ballast. 

It would be amazing to hear the navigator call out for an oxygen check.  Or ask if everyone was okay after a fighter attack.  Gunners might ask permission to test fire their guns, or the bomb aimer might announce over the intercom when he opens the bomb bay doors...

• Upvote 1

Realistic wishes?

1) Campaign interface from RoF. The missions and mission generator are fine, it's the lack of an actual campaign that bothers me.

2) Removal of the unlock system entirely. It adds nothing to traditional flight sims like BoS/BoM and has led to much derision of the franchise.

3) Battle of Kuban next with the Hurricane and a P-39 as lend lease planes.

4) 2004 called, they want DX9 back. An update to DX12 needs to be a priority.

From the title, I guess we're going for the low-hanging fruit that can be implemented without too much work:

1: Introduce the Premium planes as well as fighter-bombers as AI flights in the campaign missions.

2: Allow for people whos system can handle it to play the campaign with larger flights in missions 2 - 3 times the number of AC in a typical mission now.

3: Model full manual engine startup procedure. It's already largely modelled, and both animations and sounds are in place. It would 'just' take a bit of modelling of the consequences of doing it incorrectly.

4: Allow AI flights in campaign to carry relevant ordinance or field mods. At the moment all non-player flights are flying in completely clean configuration, which is hardly realistic.

5. Give damage decals and smoke effects a makeover.

6. Make a bit of variation in ground object visual DM to not make every tank, truck or gun go out in an explosion. Trucks can be made to flip over. Tanks can lose a turret or just slowly burn out. Guns can fall apart or simply drop it's barrel. Etc etc.

I know many great eye-candy things are in the pipeline ( I really am tired of snow landscapes) but as a Single Player what i really hope for are more & better single missions & a drastic improvement in Campaigns.The new third party campaigns are a start , but can't we have campaigns as good or better that those in the original Il-2 or at least equal to Desastersoft's very good pay for campaigns in Cliffs of Dover ( I know that for some CloD is a dirty word,but honestly his set up with difficult & different missions, medals & stats keep me going back to ATAG's version og CloD far more often than the equally beautiful BoS but somehow un-involving official missions & campaigns found there.) With the new & improved campaigns I'd like to see stats ( what I shot down that is..) realistic medals ( the medals we got in the first campaign were pretty but meant nothing to me...) and more aircraft in the sky at one time ( spawning 4-8 aircraft in the "Combat Zone" drives me a little crazy.It happens occasionally on CloD but in general you can watch the progress of many enemy ac from the moment of take off to their landing,which is quite a bit of fun and can lead to a bigger variety of screenshots ( if that interests you.)) I think I know the answer to this but ...would it be too much to ask the developers to have a person or two working on brilliant & involving SP game play ( ok MP too,) to go along with their brilliant landscapes & equipment? It may be old school but I think the game board one plays on should be as well thought out as the pieces that go on it. ;)

• Upvote 3

1. Revise the random mission generator. In all honesty what is random in these missions? Some waypoints maybe? I want to start and land (which I would do if the missions weren't as boring as they are)and inbetween I want to have to be on my toes when I fly around. In these missions I fly to the action point, then there is my target, I kill it and fly home... this is neither engaging nor fun (fun maybe for the first few hours, then the immersion breaks). I just regard these missions as training missions, nothing else. There needs to be the element of suprise. Situations change rapidly in a war.

2. Simpler and easier to understand FMB which can link Missions to a campaign together. This is another thing - modders can save the SP, but they need the right tools. The User created content is saving this game for me, but if most don't get the FMB, there won't be much what this game can keep alive.

3. Pilot roster and missions debriefing records. I'm new to this game and this "virtual pilot scene" - my last Flightsim was F117A on the Amiga - and I couldn't believe that there is no mission debriefing outside of the campaign. 45 Euros and you have to ask for such basic stuff? Sorry, but this is making me angry. No money for BOM from me unless I see that SP gets improved. Just sayin.

BOS is a great simulation by all means. but it's like having the best tools in the world, but no idea what to build with it. Flying around doesn't hold much intereset after awhile. We need interesting missions and goals and no, unlocks are no such goals. I am speaking of real campaigns, the feeling of "being there in the midst of the war of stalingrad". Right now it feels like flying around with some AI chaps and reaching action points - very gamey. If the devs don't care or have the dev time for this, at least invest in an easy to use FMB. Looking at IL2 and IL2 CLOD, this game could strive on this for years. BOS feels to me like the devs don't know what they want - simulation or arcade game and I will watch where the other shoe drops, until the I hold back.

Is this realistuc? I don't know. It is something I would pay for. This is for sure.

Edited by 74_jim_nihilist
  • Upvote 1

-Separated control settings (key bindings, curve settings etc.) for each plane.

-Improved smoke effects (longer trail, less "cut-off" look)

-Unrestricted graphic settings (it could look so much better that it does now...)

-Real carreer mode or at least an improved QMB (with more sample missions, like airfield attack, enemy planes scrambling to intercept, bomber intercept missions etc.)

(i consider all that "realistic", because RoF basically had that)

• Upvote 2

1. Revise the random mission generator. In all honesty what is random in these missions? Some waypoints maybe? I want to start and land (which I would do if the missions weren't as boring as they are)and inbetween I want to have to be on my toes when I fly around. In these missions I fly to the action point, then there is my target, I kill it and fly home... this is neither engaging nor fun (fun maybe for the first few hours, then the immersion breaks). I just regard these missions as training missions, nothing else. There needs to be the element of suprise. Situations change rapidly in a war.

2. Simpler and easier to understand FMB which can link Missions to a campaign together. This is another thing - modders can save the SP, but they need the right tools. The User created content is saving this game for me, but if most don't get the FMB, there won't be much what this game can keep alive.

3. Pilot roster and missions debriefing records. I'm new to this game and this "virtual pilot scene" - my last Flightsim was F117A on the Amiga - and I couldn't believe that there is no mission debriefing outside of the campaign. 45 Euros and you have to ask for such basic stuff? Sorry, but this is making me angry. No money for BOM from me unless I see that SP gets improved. Just sayin.

BOS is a great simulation by all means. but it's like having the best tools in the world, but no idea what to build with it. Flying around doesn't hold much intereset after awhile. We need interesting missions and goals and no, unlocks are no such goals. I am speaking of real campaigns, the feeling of "being there in the midst of the war of stalingrad". Right now it feels like flying around with some AI chaps and reaching action points - very gamey. If the devs don't care or have the dev time for this, at least invest in an easy to use FMB. Looking at IL2 and IL2 CLOD, this game could strive on this for years. BOS feels to me like the devs don't know what they want - simulation or arcade game and I will watch where the other shoe drops, until the I hold back.

Is this realistuc? I don't know. It is something I would pay for. This is for sure.

He said it better than me! Amen!

• Upvote 2

Just two for me...

1) wish i could open the sliding side windows on the bf109 canopies and stick my head out to look at my 6.

2) wish the singleplayer was done so that it simulated you as being a member of Jagdgeschwader 3 or the 8th Air Army, and had some rpg elements to kind of give you the feel that you were an actual human being in the battle. Managing pilots and commands from the higher ups, supplies and training and briefings or something... i dunno...

• Upvote 1

No need to have clickable cockpits.

But I only have 10 fingers!

(Lalt+Lshift+Rwin+F2:  Move fuel cock)

Another one..

AXIS CONTROLS!

I can never get mine to work.

Edited by Y-29.Silky