Jump to content

DD today?


Blooddawn1942
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 10/8/2021 at 5:26 PM, Jason_Williams said:

 

All of our products have an overall 2-2.5 year development cycle. We've had bits and pieces be delayed, but we've always met our overall goal for the each projects. Without COVID and remote work we would be in better shape, but we're still getting it done. 

 

Jason

 

When I count the time from Pre-order to Release then Battle of Stalingrad and Battle of Moscow had the 1 - 1.5 year cycle even Battle of Kuban had a close 1 - 1.5 year cycle when the little delay not happen.

 

-> Battle of Bodenplatte started it, with the 2-2.5 years from Pre-Order to Release.

 

Battle of Stalingrad from Pre-Order to Release

  • Pre-Order 26 Jul 2013

grafik.thumb.png.7e0e4a712fce16bc6a574c21e9f34296.png

 

  • Release 22 Oct 2014

grafik.thumb.png.6d0d21d70cd500389c8f7bdf38c1bb92.png

 

Battle of Moscow from Pre-Order to Release

  • Pre-order 31 Mar 2015

grafik.thumb.png.f48e3af8a11604579c56986a013752dd.png

 

  • Release Aug 2016

grafik.thumb.png.0778fb53c8e31ad0ddc820f883622453.png

 

Battle of Kuban from Pre-Order to Release

  • Pre-Order 15 Sep 2016

grafik.thumb.png.f693b2de2c1ecae352d11c04e39ddc4b.png

 

  • Release delayed a little bit in 07 Dec 2017 to Apr 2018

grafik.thumb.png.909701c6718146939a653e1e13c411eb.png

 

Edited by Livai
Link to comment
Share on other sites

ShamrockOneFive
6 minutes ago, Livai said:

 

When I count the time from Pre-order to Release then Battle of Stalingrad and Battle of Moscow had the 1 - 1.5 year cycle even Battle of Kuban had a close 1 - 1.5 year cycle when the little delay not happen.

 

-> Battle of Bodenplatte started it, with the 2-2.5 years from Pre-Order to Release.

 

Battle of Stalingrad from Pre-Order to Release

  • Pre-Order 26 Jul 2013

grafik.thumb.png.7e0e4a712fce16bc6a574c21e9f34296.png

 

  • Release 22 Oct 2014

grafik.thumb.png.6d0d21d70cd500389c8f7bdf38c1bb92.png

 

Battle of Moscow from Pre-Order to Release

  • Pre-order 31 Mar 2015

grafik.thumb.png.f48e3af8a11604579c56986a013752dd.png

 

  • Release Aug 2016

grafik.thumb.png.0778fb53c8e31ad0ddc820f883622453.png

 

Battle of Kuban from Pre-Order to Release

  • Pre-Order 15 Sep 2016

grafik.thumb.png.f693b2de2c1ecae352d11c04e39ddc4b.png

 

  • Release delayed a little bit in 07 Dec 2017 to Apr 2018

grafik.thumb.png.909701c6718146939a653e1e13c411eb.png

 

 

That's announcement of pre-order to end of development. Stalingrad, Moscow and Kuban were all announced after development was well underway. Bodenplatte was a bit earlier. That's why it appears to be taking longer. There were several months between Stalingrad finishing up and Moscow being announced where we didn't know what was going to happen for example.

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hope we see more clouds this week, they are eye-meltingly good and very exciting.

 

And some WIP of the C47 cockpit would be good!

 

And the surprise announcement of both an early IX and a beaufighter...

 

It's gonna be a good day...

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

easterling77

No matter what it will be...it's gonna be good for us all....

 

but my tiny hopes are for an A20G and the Beaufighter

 

Big birds with big guns😍

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

=SquadTag=Username_

The week goes by so quick when u livin on a fast lane... already friday the DD day tomorrow. Well lets hope for some P51 shots - as always. :coffee:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

BlitzPig_EL

This Yank starts his day with a couple strong cups of English Breakfast tea, I'll have you know.

 

It's the civilized thing to do, after all.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

=SquadTag=Username_

bud06.thumb.jpg.b29279fd6c7fa2e9e02efa51f836727a.jpg

IMG_20210529_093133.thumb.png.932cce3fffa728a1522fcfc8aefd6fd8.png

 

Lets recreate that vertical dogfight. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

This Yank starts his day with a couple strong cups of English Breakfast tea, I'll have you know.

 

It's the civilized thing to do, after all.

As a Canuck, give my cappuccino or give death. Civility has no place when caffeine is at stake.

  • Haha 6
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

sevenless

Would be more than happy to see some of this stuff:

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

=SquadTag=Username_
17 minutes ago, sevenless said:

Would be more than happy to see some of this stuff:

 

 

 

That was last week's DD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

sevenless
4 minutes ago, =SquadTag=Username_ said:

 

That was last week's DD

 

There always could be more 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

JG4_Moltke1871
1 hour ago, sevenless said:

 

There always could be more 😂

How about an intense DD with detailed informations about 410 AND 234 AND J88C AND IAR80/81 AND Mossi AND P51 AND the new Warbird ?…. 😛

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

sevenless
1 minute ago, JG4_Moltke1871 said:

How about an intense DD with detailed informations about 410 AND 234 AND J88C AND IAR80/81 AND Mossi AND P51 AND the new Warbird ?…. 😛

 

More, more, more,...🙃

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

Maybe mix it up a bit?   Perhaps tomorrow we could all PM the devs with what WE have been doing this week.

 

Okay - now that has to be made into a thread "Non-Dev Update"!

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

ShamrockOneFive
15 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:


Maybe mix it up a bit?   Perhaps tomorrow we could all PM the devs with what WE have been doing this week.

 

Answering so many e-mails and putting out fires :)

 

Also maybe more interesting, I'm writing articles on Aces of the Pacific, PWCG, reviews of some aircraft for X-Plane 11, an editorial, and starting a review on the two IL-2 AAA vehicles.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

You will always be my favourite toff  :biggrin:

As the state educated grandson of a Nottinghamshire miner, I had been considering objecting to this more strongly, but, seeing as I'm just wending (wobbling) my way home after attending the 25th Raising Lecture Dinner in the Saltmarsh Rooms at Kings College, and having complained bitterly about the biscuits on offer with the cheese, I realise I don't have a f*cking leg to stand on. 

 

Poor bugger must be freely rotating in his grave...

  • Like 2
  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

JG4_Moltke1871

Finnish nightshift, now breakfast, coffee, newspaper and…. Where’s my DD??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Diggun said:

...but, seeing as I'm just wending (wobbling) my way home...

 

That was really funny :good:

 

The fact that you managed to write it with such alacrety clearity while on the way home after a night out beats me and possibly a few others here who also suffer from tumbling fingers syndrome with or without the cheese.

 

That said, I reckon the old fellow would be proud.

Edited by Pict
Spelling - not enough cheese
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The coffee is very welcome this morning, and i do feel a little jaded. But some sweet, sweet DD energy will perk me up no end!

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Luftschiff
3 hours ago, Pict said:

The fact that you managed to write it with such alacrety clearity while on the way home after a night out

 

For a true toff like @Diggun, I believe the correct term is "Claret-y".

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

FlyingShark
16 hours ago, JG4_Moltke1871 said:

How about an intense DD with detailed informations about 410 AND 234 AND J88C AND IAR80/81 AND Mossi AND P51 AND the new Warbird ?…. 😛

And let's not forget the new fuel system with drop tanks.

 

Have a nice day.

 

:salute:

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1CGS
Jason_Williams

Hey guys,

 

Sorry no DD today. We are focused on the Release Candidate for 4.605 with the Breguet and AQMG. After this we plan to put the new clouds into the Beta next week. Probably have a good DD next week.

 

:salute:.

 

Jason 

  • Like 11
  • Thanks 16
  • Sad 8
  • Upvote 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

AEthelraedUnraed
2 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

We are focused on the Release Candidate for 4.605 with the Breguet and AQMG. After this we plan to put the new clouds into the Beta next week.

I guess this qualifies as a Dev Diary, sort of? Albeit a bit short one.

 

Now, why don't you insert a few more pictures of said clouds to make this a full-fledged DD? :biggrin:

  • Upvote 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jeronimo83
On 10/21/2021 at 5:29 PM, =SquadTag=Username_ said:

bud06.thumb.jpg.b29279fd6c7fa2e9e02efa51f836727a.jpg

IMG_20210529_093133.thumb.png.932cce3fffa728a1522fcfc8aefd6fd8.png

 

Lets recreate that vertical dogfight. 

Awesome!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

Hey guys,

 

Sorry no DD today. We are focused on the Release Candidate for 4.605 with the Breguet and AQMG. After this we plan to put the new clouds into the Beta next week. Probably have a good DD next week.

 

:salute:.

 

Jason 

DRAT!

1039062444_burton.jpg

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

=SquadTag=Username_
2 hours ago, Jeronimo83 said:

Awesome!

3 more weeks to go. Stay patient 🙏

Link to comment
Share on other sites

FlyingNutcase

That's a great mini-DD. And Growling Sidewinder's latest IL2 vid over coffee. A good start to a Saturday morning. Looking forward to 4.605, presumably this coming week. AQMG!

Edited by FlyingNutcase
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mtnbiker1998
On 10/21/2021 at 11:29 AM, =SquadTag=Username_ said:

bud06.thumb.jpg.b29279fd6c7fa2e9e02efa51f836727a.jpg

IMG_20210529_093133.thumb.png.932cce3fffa728a1522fcfc8aefd6fd8.png

 

Lets recreate that vertical dogfight. 

Thanks for the new phone wallpaper! Haha. 

 

Also obligatory "Old Crow better be one of the default P-51B skins" comment.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

BlitzPig_EL

I hope we will see more P51 skins that don't have unit markings so we can take advantage of the unit marking decal function on more than just the bland, unpainted, default skin.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

=SquadTag=Username_
12 hours ago, Mtnbiker1998 said:

Thanks for the new phone wallpaper! Haha. 

 

Also obligatory "Old Crow better be one of the default P-51B skins" comment.

ikr... 

gt0107.jpg

Art10-747x1024.jpgArt8.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[-=BP=-]Slegawsky_VR

Nice art work, we just to have to wait for the actual aircraft. Thanks😀

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

sevenless
12 hours ago, Mtnbiker1998 said:

Also obligatory "Old Crow better be one of the default P-51B skins" comment.

 

Yep! With white tires, droptanks and all.

 

image.png.1c7547a9452d9199da10adb596676c28.png

Edited by sevenless
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

=SquadTag=Username_

WWII Triple Ace Pilot Col. C.E. "Bud" Anderson - AviatorCast 120 - Angle of  Attack

The Old Crow - Bud Anderson: To Fly and Fight

The Old Crow - Bud Anderson: To Fly and Fight

 

 

media-21714.jpeg.a3baa227a83a8aa47e8e262196e8d479.jpeg

Edited by =SquadTag=Username_
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I suspect there will be a boatload of Old Crows, Shangri-Las and other famous Bs/Cs done. And rightfully so, but my first skin of a P-51B will be this man's -

 

170810-F-XX999-102

media-14292

 Without his influence, the P-51 might not have become the dominate force it was as early as it was. This was his first B model, perhaps the first in the 4thFG with the Malcolm hood.

Edited by Rjel
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

VBF-12_KW
13 hours ago, Mtnbiker1998 said:

Thanks for the new phone wallpaper! Haha. 

 

Also obligatory "Old Crow better be one of the default P-51B skins" comment.

 


 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

=SquadTag=Username_
18 minutes ago, VBF-12_KW said:

 

"I pushed little bit of left rudder and pow!" 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

[-=BP=-]Slegawsky_VR

I have build a nice collection of some cool footage too show you.

 

Invasion stripes look best.

 

There is  more

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...