Jump to content

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, Taxman said:

Now that I am semi retired I just checked.  No DD so far today, testers not posting, so I'm thinking some time next week for an update:popcorm:

I think you're onto something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 7.GShAP/Silas said:

 

 

Too bad a huge, increasing extent of Soviet Union was under enemy occupation and genocide and there was no ability to be so picky and high-handed when something had to be done now, right now, at all costs, or else your people and whole world ends forever.  If such terms were applied to the Anglos their prosecution of the war would have changed radically, instantly, permanently.

 

Shame about the DD.  Maybe an aircraft release this coming week.

I guess we can be thankful the war didn't happen other than how it did. We wouldn't be sitting here today second guessing history. I'm not sure how much more the Western Allies could've done other than what they did do. Beyond increasing lend lease even more than they did in  reality, they couldn't march vast armies to the rescue of the Soviet forces.  Arms and munitions needed to be built up first, forces trained, vast oceans had to be crossed. Then they had to fight their way to the east from France and north from Italy. All the while fighting a vast war in the Pacific. Why act like the Western Allies need to apologize because they weren't invaded? Thank God they weren't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Talon_ said:

unknown.png?width=369&height=660

 

Nothing to see this week. Please move on, nothing to see...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Second half of 2019...I thought it would come earlier. Well...patience is a virtue.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What does anyone want to bet that they open up their feedback inbox tommorow morning and it's going to be 90% Luftwhiners complaining that their 109s and 190s are hopelessly outmatched against Yak-1's and Laggs? 😀

  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 7.GShAP/Silas said:

Too bad a huge, increasing extent of Soviet Union was under enemy occupation and genocide and there was no ability to be so picky and high-handed when something had to be done now, right now, at all costs, or else your people and whole world ends forever.  If such terms were applied to the Anglos their prosecution of the war would have changed radically, instantly, permanently.

 

That is not really an excuse for the way they waged war. They had enough assets to go beyond the frontline. They chose not to.

But that's another thread.

 

1 hour ago, LF_Gallahad said:

Yeah the 25% offer till 20 of November makes me think we won't be getting anything new till December

 

Hopefully that will mean Thunderbolts at Christmas.

Edited by Bremspropeller

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like these new pair of planes are taking so long to be completed. I hope the quality will also be superb.

 

Wololo has died, see you next month 😁

Edited by LF_Gallahad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Bremspropeller said:

Hopefully that will mean Thunderbolts at Christmas.

 

 They said the Thunderbolt and K4 would be released in fall, so that gives them the rest of the month and a bit of December. I think it will be this month, probably a week or two imo with all the work they have already done.

 

Testers seem to have quieted down recently as well, so maybe thats some good news.

Edited by Legioneod
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Second half of 2019 seems a bit late to me, that’s almost two years development cycle, more than either BoK or BoM. Of course it is to be expected, when the devs are making Tank Crew and Flying Circus at the same time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Finkeren said:

Second half of 2019 seems a bit late to me, that’s almost two years development cycle, more than either BoK or BoM. Of course it is to be expected, when the devs are making Tank Crew and Flying Circus at the same time.

 

Assuming that we will get the K4 and the P-47 soon there will be the 262, the Tempest, the P-51, the P-38 and the 190-D left to finish. 5 very different air-frames - a half of year doesn't look like a lot for all that work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Finkeren said:

Second half of 2019 seems a bit late to me, that’s almost two years development cycle, more than either BoK or BoM. Of course it is to be expected, when the devs are making Tank Crew and Flying Circus at the same time.

 

i belive they say 16 or 18 months atleast, like it was BoK, so no suprise its that far out, only reason i preordered is i could not wait that long to try 47 when they said it will be next one out after a8, if it aint for 47 i would not preordered and would just get standard version then as tempest will probably be one of the last ones out :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TheTacticalCat said:

But it’s still being worked on ;)

 

As for the DD, I CANNOT WAIT ANY LONGER

😧

 

In my analogy the Me262 is in the reservoir and not in the pipe. 🛠️

8 hours ago, Finkeren said:

Second half of 2019 seems a bit late to me, that’s almost two years development cycle, more than either BoK or BoM. Of course it is to be expected, when the devs are making Tank Crew and Flying Circus at the same time.

 

I think our timing on development may also feel a bit off. They announced Bodenplatte and the rest very early in their dev cycles while Kuban was announced after it had been in development for a few months already. I'm guessing second half of 2019 for final release. Early in the second half... but that about lines up. We'll probably be at 85% or 90% before that.

Edited by ShamrockOneFive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was thinking towards the end of next year before Bodenplatte is considered complete.  The last thing to be added would be the singleplayer career and there's usually a fair bit of time between the aircraft and maps coming out and the missions being available.   But I wouldn't be at all surprised if the SP Career mode runs into 2020.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

I was thinking towards the end of next year before Bodenplatte is considered complete.  The last thing to be added would be the singleplayer career and there's usually a fair bit of time between the aircraft and maps coming out and the missions being available.   But I wouldn't be at all surprised if the SP Career mode runs into 2020.

 

Why wouldnt they develop the SP career in parallel? IN previous instances they retroactively added the SP campaign because it was new, but now they know the process and I don't see why it couldnt be released simultaneously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand the team is small and, honestly,  I really believe they do their utmost and work harder than is healthy for them to get things realized and perhaps it is my impatience but it all takes so long.

It will take about a year befor Bodenplatte will see daylight for instance.

Sorry to say but my interest in it all starts to fade away I notice.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Uufflakke said:

I understand the team is small and, honestly,  I really believe they do their utmost and work harder than is healthy for them to get things realized and perhaps it is my impatience but it all takes so long.

It will take about a year befor Bodenplatte will see daylight for instance.

Sorry to say but my interest in it all starts to fade away I notice.


You do understand that quality takes time, right?  

Yeah, the failing is in you, not the developers. They're dealing with incredibly complex systems, in many cases writing new codes and simulations for things (like the P-47's turbosupercharger)...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what I don't understand is why il 2 isn't as famous or known as other sims, it doesn't make sense and yes its always worth it but it takes WAY TOO LONG.

  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, catchthefoxes said:

 but it takes WAY TOO LONG.

Seriously? Compared to what? A year and a half at most for 10 planes and a map, not to mention the under the hood improvements.

"Oh no there's no DD this week, the sky is falling. I've worked myself into a lather expecting the P-47 this week and it didn't arrive. I'm going to throw my toys out of my pram." 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will come when it's ready, don't worry. The team never has failed our expectations. They always overdeliver and this won't be different!

 

Use this time to get used to american engines. Take that P40 for a ride or learn those planes you haven't mastered yet and then bring them to war in the career. There is always something to do here. I am starting with the Duck on Kuban and it's being a blast. It's really hard to taxi but I managed to do it after many attemps.

Gosh we have lots of planes already and there are ones I didn't even take them into a full flight.

Edited by LF_Gallahad
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rolling_Thunder said:

Seriously? Compared to what? A year and a half at most for 10 planes and a map, not to mention the under the hood improvements.

"Oh no there's no DD this week, the sky is falling. I've worked myself into a lather expecting the P-47 this week and it didn't arrive. I'm going to throw my toys out of my pram." 

calm down it isnt the end of the world if someone complains

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, catchthefoxes said:

what I don't understand is why il 2 isn't as famous or known as other sims, it doesn't make sense and yes its always worth it but it takes WAY TOO LONG.

 

BoX had a very rocky start. Mostly to do with unlocks and undeveloped single player. Most people who were interested at the start but don't play now left because of these issues and haven't given the series another shot. There is also the absense of any marketing by the devs. When BoK came out I tried to advertise it on Reddit but with the absense of a proper trailer I could only really describe it and it nobody really seemed interested. Hopefully BoBP will be different. 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SqueakyS said:

 

BoX had a very rocky start. Mostly to do with unlocks and undeveloped single player. Most people who were interested at the start but don't play now left because of these issues and haven't given the series another shot. There is also the absense of any marketing by the devs. When BoK came out I tried to advertise it on Reddit but with the absense of a proper trailer I could only really describe it and it nobody really seemed interested. Hopefully BoBP will be different. 

Amen. BoK and the improved SPE is what brought me back to this game after several years of not playing.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

I was thinking towards the end of next year before Bodenplatte is considered complete.  The last thing to be added would be the singleplayer career and there's usually a fair bit of time between the aircraft and maps coming out and the missions being available.   But I wouldn't be at all surprised if the SP Career mode runs into 2020.

 

Career mode is already developed so they only need to update for Bodenplatte. Yes, that does mean some new services and probably some new mission types but they will be building on an already fairly well established system. I don't think it will be that long. I think we'll see it finish up around the end of spring.

 

1 hour ago, Uufflakke said:

I understand the team is small and, honestly,  I really believe they do their utmost and work harder than is healthy for them to get things realized and perhaps it is my impatience but it all takes so long.

It will take about a year befor Bodenplatte will see daylight for instance.

Sorry to say but my interest in it all starts to fade away I notice.

 

There are three fully completed products that they have released that are no less fun now than they were when they launched. The new content is super exciting but we now have considerable content to use already. Bodenplatte won't take another year. It's only been 6.5 months since the first piece of content launched and in the next few weeks we're going to see 2-3 more Bodenplatte specific aircraft arrive. As usual, the product momentum kicks up as we get closer to finish.

 

11 minutes ago, SqueakyS said:

 

BoX had a very rocky start. Mostly to do with unlocks and undeveloped single player. Most people who were interested at the start but don't play now left because of these issues and haven't given the series another shot. There is also the absense of any marketing by the devs. When BoK came out I tried to advertise it on Reddit but with the absense of a proper trailer I could only really describe it and it nobody really seemed interested. Hopefully BoBP will be different. 

 

It certainly did have a rocky start. I would encourage folks to check out some of the cinematics that the community has been doing and then watch the gameplay videos that people like Sheriff, Bo Time, Vade and others do. Those should help sell things to people who need a little encouragement :)

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, SqueakyS said:

 

BoX had a very rocky start. Mostly to do with unlocks and undeveloped single player. Most people who were interested at the start but don't play now left because of these issues and haven't given the series another shot. There is also the absense of any marketing by the devs. When BoK came out I tried to advertise it on Reddit but with the absense of a proper trailer I could only really describe it and it nobody really seemed interested. Hopefully BoBP will be different. 

I can agree on that. I am interested in how the "american war machine" will bring new players. That plus a different sim from what it was when it was born might give Il-2 a bigger playerbase. I do hope that the devs bring more content. There is an incredible labour of love done by people like @ShamrockOneFive (whom you can see on this very thread) explainig all of the good and bad things (Really neccessary) on Il-2 but lot's of people don't know it.

 

As I said some days ago, many of my squadmates who have been flying DCS for years knew the old one but not a clue about this new generation. I just told them, show them some vids and now are happy Box and mostly BoBP customers. They are blown away by the damage models, FM and career. We need to spread the word.


What we should do? BoBP might attract a lot of new players from the West than any of the other expansions (Those who love WW2 will settle for any) we must spread the word about it.

Edited by LF_Gallahad
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are lucky to have such a dedicated and team working for making our life more enjoyable.

We are truly spoiled in my opinion.

I am grateful for how much they are working hard.

 

I wish I knew them personally to give to encourage them in all their difficulties, yes because making such a sim is very difficult. Even making a viable business is very difficult.

If you think it is easy, please teach me !

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In MSFS, P3D, or DCS, the development time for a single airplane can be measured in years, not months.  Now granted, these aircraft in Il-2 are not at the same level of complexity as some of the aforementioned sims, but still, when I see grown men complaining that they don't get a new toy every single month, or that maybe the developer didn't give them a status report every single week, it boggles my mind.  This game has such a fast development pace compared to what I've seen in other realms of the flight simulation hobby, I'm astounded, and the builds they release are very very clean by comparison to some other sims that I've seen.  It's so fast that there are several previously released aircraft that I haven't even scratched the surface with yet.  There are almost 40 other aircraft in this sim to keep you busy...

Edited by SeaSerpent
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SeaSerpent said:

In MSFS, P3D, or DCS, the development time for a single airplane can be measured in years, not months.  Now granted, these aircraft in Il-2 are not at the same level of complexity as some of the aforementioned sims, but still, when I see grown men complaining that they don't get a new toy every single month, or that maybe the developer didn't give them a status report every single week, it boggles my mind.  This game has such a fast development pace compared to what I've seen in other realms of the flight simulation hobby, I'm astounded, and the builds they release are very very clean by comparison to some other sims that I've seen.  It's so fast that there are several previously released aircraft that I haven't even scratched the surface with yet.  There are almost 40 other aircraft in this sim to keep you busy...

I understand all that but the fact is that a 'small development team' should perhaps concentrate on one thing at a time rather than try to create 3 revenue avenues at once. Now excuse me, i'm off to fly the new feedback system.

Edited by RhumbaAzul
punctuation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

 

Career mode is already developed so they only need to update for Bodenplatte. Yes, that does mean some new services and probably some new mission types but they will be building on an already fairly well established system. I don't think it will be that long. I think we'll see it finish up around the end of spring.

 

The original plans for the career were for more than 40 mission types once the remainder were rolled out after the initial release.  Nothing more has been mentioned about that since April however.  Does anyone know if that is still going ahead or has it been put aside?

 

Han comment career.JPG

Edited by Feathered_IV
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

 

The original plans for the career were for more than 40 mission types once the remainder were rolled out after the initial release.  Nothing more has been mentioned about that since April however.  Does anyone know if that is still going ahead or has it been put aside?

 

Han comment career.JPG

 

It has been mentioned since then but I have no idea when they intend to roll those out. Haven't heard anything about the when.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With any luck, the completed mission types will surface when BoBP is released... that and of course the updated AI that we have all been asking for  :pilot:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Trooper117 said:

With any luck, the completed mission types will surface when BoBP is released... that and of course the updated AI that we have all been asking for  :pilot:

And better communication with the AI.  Also enabling wing men to communicate. 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Taxman said:

And better communication with the AI.  Also enabling wing men to communicate. 

 

 

This is something I often repeat in this forum when I have the chance: as for now,  radio commands are close to useless,  as the AI mates wont do what you say,  but rather,  they simply follow a scripted behavior according to the mission type.

 

I wish I could tell them "break!" and they did it, "attack" and they did it,  "rejoin" and they did it. Imho its the most outstanding issue with SP today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, danielprates said:

 

This is something I often repeat in this forum when I have the chance: as for now,  radio commands are close to useless,  as the AI mates wont do what you say,  but rather,  they simply follow a scripted behavior according to the mission type.

 

I wish I could tell them "break!" and they did it, "attack" and they did it,  "rejoin" and they did it. Imho its the most outstanding issue with SP today.

 

If we could have the system of Il-2 1946 in Il-2 GB I´d be more than happy.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, sevenless said:

If we could have the system of Il-2 1946 in Il-2 GB I´d be more than happy.  

 

Oh yeah.....:salute:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...