BlackSix

IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Moscow Pre-Order Program

Broke down and bought it just for the planes :)

Yeah, all hail our Ju-88 A-4 overlords :)

Dammit, I accidentally ordered another copy of Premium BoS instead of BoM. Customer Support ticket sent!

• Upvote 1

Hey! Even Silky's on board :)  Seems like it's catching on. EA is going to be a lot of fun.

Edited by Finkeren

Are they going to jack up the price after BoM is retail? I am considering supporting the project but I am on the fence since BoS still runs like crap on my system even though my system is no slouch. Are there going to be any game engine optimizations done for BoM? A better SP experience? Or am I actually just buying new aircraft? I have literally only logged 1hr or SP BoS as it was like playing a console type arcade style flying game.

I actually played BoS more during the Alpha/ Beta time than I have the retail version. Ever since they canned custom graphics settings the game has not been an enjoyable experience with my set- up, I guess I will blame AMD drivers for that since they canned DX 9 support within their drivers.

Suggestion for purchasing:

I think it would be a good move for 1C 777 to start accepting Bitcoins as a payment option & donations of Bitcoins for the IL2 series. The Bitcoin price has been stable for months & setting up payments/ donations on the website would be easy. [Edited], even Bethesda took 11 pounds of bottlecaps for payment of a pre-order for Fallout 4.

Maybe if I sent some Bf 109 paint chips inside of an ornate glass bottle I could get a BoM pre-order? Lol!

Edited by Bearcat
Language

Are they going to jack up the price after BoM is retail? I am considering supporting the project but I am on the fence since BoS still runs like crap on my system even though my system is no slouch. Are there going to be any game engine optimizations done for BoM? A better SP experience? Or am I actually just buying new aircraft? I have literally only logged 1hr or SP BoS as it was like playing a console type arcade style flying game.

I actually played BoS more during the Alpha/ Beta time than I have the retail version. Ever since they canned custom graphics settings the game has not been an enjoyable experience with my set- up, I guess I will blame AMD drivers for that since they canned DX 9 support within their drivers.

Suggestion for purchasing:

I think it would be a good move for 1C 777 to start accepting Bitcoins as a payment option & donations of Bitcoins for the IL2 series. The Bitcoin price has been stable for months & setting up payments/ donations on the website would be easy. Shit, even Bethesda took 11 pounds of bottlecaps for payment of a pre-order for Fallout 4.

Maybe if I sent some Bf 109 paint chips inside of an ornate glass bottle I could get a BoM pre-order? Lol!

Compared to what I'm running you should be destroying this game. I would guess its a driver or configuration or some sort of compatibility issue somewhere along the line.

They are giving us new graphics modification options that might help a lot of us out. Check out the latest dev diary for some info on that.

Are they going to jack up the price after BoM is retail?

I imagine so... as for your performance issues.. I would check my hardware settings ... BoS seems to run pretty well on most rigs..

I have been through countless drivers to no evale. BF4, GTAV run fine at 1440p 100Hz vsyned without constant loss of frames & stutters. I don't have any DX9 games to test so who knows?

Like I said BoS ran fine for me until they 86d the custom graphic settings. I sold a couple vintage neon beer signs today & have extra cash to pre-order now. Yay!

Damn! In before the edit.

Premo edition & waiting for the BoM Alpha access, thanks & hugs to the devs & a pat on the back for the corporate peeps.

:fly:

I will do some Windows 10 build 10147 testing of BoS tonight if my Torpedo's do not consume my ability to shift furnature & plug in USB devices to my computer from under a dark desk.

Edited by Static

My Windows 10 10147 test did not perform well in either single card or multi configs. No doubt it is a DX 9 & AMD driver issue when rendering 2560x1440 resolutions. I am currently testing Dirt Rally & it has a plethera of graphic settings to configure. On ultra with 4f8xEQAA I get avg 100 fps.

Looking forward to driving lots of LW pilots nuts in the Rata. Not expecting to shoot anything down, though.

I was online in Warthunder for a while...I don't fly WT anymore but it was fun for a while.. I know, I know, not a sim... But the 109 F was classic and fighting online was extremely challenging.  The most memorable fight I ever had was against a Rata.  I think we were about to both quit at different occasions.  He made me do things in the 109 I never did.  Like a Pit Bull I became determined to get him but he was better than me and we rolled and fought for about 20 minutes.  I took some damage and so did he but we would not leave the fight.  It stays on my mind as the best fight I ever had online.  I look forward to this. 

Well.... I just bit the bullet and purchased BOM! (So I thought)... I've been sick and took some NyQuil... Turns out in my NyQuil induced fog I purchased BOS a second time by mistake  :wacko:

Well.... I just bit the bullet and purchased BOM! (So I thought)... I've been sick and took some NyQuil... Turns out in my NyQuil induced fog I purchased BOS a second time by mistake :wacko:

PM one of the devs and have them fix it for you. :)

Good grief! The significant other arrives to find me typing away on the forum, looks at the screen and says "Why have you only got one gold bar when the others have two?", with a disapproving tone of voice. She likes gold bars.... 

Anything to please my pocket Aphrodite.

• Upvote 1

Good grief! The significant other arrives to find me typing away on the forum, looks at the screen and says "Why have you only got one gold bar when the others have two?", with a disapproving tone of voice. She likes gold bars.... 

Anything to please my pocket Aphrodite.

LOL!   You're a fine husband indeed, unreasonable.

Well support got back to me... Perhaps my message was a little confusing. They asked for details about how I made the purchase through the site... I've been close to pre-ordering BOM a few times, but of course I made my choice to buy it in the middle of the night while half asleep. I see somebody did the same thing and bought BOS a second time a few days ago and they still don't have their gold bar! For whatever reason I kept getting sticker shock when going to make the pre-order. It is more than justified by the fact BOS is the only game/sim I can enjoy at all these days. I bought Elite Dangerous and a bunch of other games recently to carry me over until we have a serious MP flight sim to play in, but have been unable to play any of those for more than 10 minutes at a time. Taking into consideration how far ROF has come since its release I am more than happy to support the development of Il2 well into the future. I do miss the times when Aces High was still fun for me, and I was accustomed to flying 1946 through hyperlobby. Hopefully I'll get my gold bar and peace of mind soon!

I think you have to validate the key after you buy it to get the gold bar.

Gotcha... I still can't believe I bought a second copy of BOS by mistake. Thank god I wasn't on Ebay or something............. 

Hey guys,

So, is this a seperate game or an expansion for BOS? And if an expansion do we still have to drop $79.00 on BOM?

Both, if you have BoS allready its a expansion and if you dont have BoS its a seperate game to which you can add BoS as an expansion every time you like.

Just pre-ordered ot BOM,......

Now to save up to upgrade system from an old  (8yr) Core 2 duo processor etc which surprisingly runs BOS watchably well.

Too bad the Aussie exchange rates have taken a battering since I pre-ordered BOS.

Edited by Goanna1
  • Upvote 1

I bought BOM 06/15/2015 and just activated. Ehhh do i need to contact support in order to play?

Mid July is when we get access, maybe sooner?

Edited by Static

Was on the fence due to early access fatigue, but went ahead and grabbed it just now. Deciding factor was actually the Rata being the first plane available.

• Upvote 1

Ok, am I missing something here?

Zak in the announcements section wrote

"The I-16 fighter is now available to pilots who preordered BOM" 

That is us right?  I have not seen it... I cant wait to get home and look!

Maico

The quote you are saying is from the patch release notes

The patch has not been released yet

the schedule is for mid July, from latest (and old )news

Cheers Dakpilot

Step one: Pressuring people in COG into buying BoS (complete)

Step two: Getting people in COG to get into BoS (incomplete)

Side quest: Pressure someone into buying BoM

>COG members are a bunch of War Thunder normies

I cant wait!  Weather in the Rata or against it, the battles will be epic!  Emils and Ratas and Migs Oh MY!!!

Ok,

I preordered BOM today because Blacksix promised improvements for the campaign.

I hope that it will be worth it :huh:

• Upvote 1