SYN_Haashashin

The Missions Sharing Corner

Sounds like a great mission I will look for it online. The way you built it, seems like I could run it in sp if I play as the Russians.

First post updated.

Also the Third Mission of Andreys Life is up. Finally got assign to a Regiment but before that he has to transfer to his new airfield. Note that the IA wont get you there this time. You have no WP marked so you can get there anyway you want. As allways I recommend icons off. https://www.dropbox.com/s/7hmht5668y31psb/Night%20Transfer.7z?dl=0

Now Im off to give MP some love, it seems it really need it.

Sounds like a great mission I will look for it online. The way you built it, seems like I could run it in sp if I play as the Russians.

Indeed, that's the idea.

I've just made a single player version of phase 1, by the way. Still in development, but already playable. Spare your bullets, you'll need them!

AttackOnKalach-sp-m1.zip (@Haashashin, I'll make a new post when it's finished, no need to add this one to the first post yet).

Here's also the latest version of the multiplayer version. I've added a train, bridges and stations to bomb for the Germans. Not quite happy with it yet, not sure where I'll take it. I'm considering ditching the PvP multiplayer and make a coop instead. I have a feeling the rather strict and rigid mission format in phases is not a good fit for public servers. May still be fun for squadrons, though.

AttackOnKalach-mp.zip

• Upvote 2

Finally a chance to see what the good Third Party mission builders can do! Thanks!

Before finding this topic ,I posted this:

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/15866-simple-question-third-party-mission-campaign-developers-pic/?p=253047

I can now say these new missions go a long ways in answering my questions.

you 3rd party mission makers have made a very promising beginning! It sort of remeinds me of the time when 3rd party missions & campaigns started showing up on the original IL-2 about 15 years ago and I needed my then 13 year old son to help me download then & install!

I do have a question about Coop missions .In the old Il-2 they were  installed in a Coop folder & could be played as SP missions after choosing side & plane & position. Here in BoS I haven't a clue.I installed them in data/mission folder & they do show up in the in-game menu,but for me they are unplayable( all I get is a winter looking landscape , but no planes or anything else.0 Is there a way to play them as SP ...if so how? Can someone guide me through it?

Finally I do hope eventually we do get bigger formations of bombers in Sp .Some of the missions found here seem to indicate we will & hopefully more friendly fighters to tackle them! ;)

Single mission must be in :

H:\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\Missions

Multiplayer mission must be in :

H:\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\Multiplayer\Dogfight

First post updated.

Also the Third Mission of Andreys Life is up. Finally got assign to a Regiment but before that he has to transfer to his new airfield. Note that the IA wont get you there this time. You have no WP marked so you can get there anyway you want. As allways I recommend icons off. https://www.dropbox.com/s/7hmht5668y31psb/Night%20Transfer.7z?dl=0

Now Im off to give MP some love, it seems it really need it.

Very nice work! You made the place very lively, with all the little things happening on the ground around the player.

Before finding this topic ,I posted this:

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/15866-simple-question-third-party-mission-campaign-developers-pic/?p=253047

I can now say these new missions go a long ways in answering my questions.

you 3rd party mission makers have made a very promising beginning! It sort of remeinds me of the time when 3rd party missions & campaigns started showing up on the original IL-2 about 15 years ago and I needed my then 13 year old son to help me download then & install!

I do have a question about Coop missions .In the old Il-2 they were  installed in a Coop folder & could be played as SP missions after choosing side & plane & position. Here in BoS I haven't a clue.I installed them in data/mission folder & they do show up in the in-game menu,but for me they are unplayable( all I get is a winter looking landscape , but no planes or anything else.0 Is there a way to play them as SP ...if so how? Can someone guide me through it?

Finally I do hope eventually we do get bigger formations of bombers in Sp .Some of the missions found here seem to indicate we will & hopefully more friendly fighters to tackle them! ;)

The coop game type is not supported. The only supported types are single player and deathmatch. There are a few coop missions that have been developed using the deathmatch type, though.

^ I played the SP version for attack on Kalach. It was a furball of me and 3 other yaks against 4 190s. The 190s killed all my friendly flight and left me to duel with 2 190s in a rolling scissor. I eventually had to make an emergency landing due to damage, but the stork flight continued on and accomplished the primary mission.

There's a lot going on in this mission, I can see how it would be best played as MP with all players on the same side.

Would be cool if you could land and repair / rearm or jump to different aircraft in SP like you can in DCS. Unrealistic I know, but sometimes it's nice to see all the action going on.

Edited by Skoop

Thanks Skoop for your comments.

I have done a number of small changes to the mission, which is now ready to be called version 1, I think.

• Split the interceptors into multiple smaller groups. Some are 190, some are 109.
  • Stork now behaves more like a high altitude bomber formation. They drop all their load and then return home, as opposed to circling over the target area looking for individual targets. Their load was also changed to use two 500kg bombs instead of lots of 50kg.
  • I tried to get Stork a bit more organized in their maneuvers when changing formation, but they still behave a bit like a bunch of drunk clowns on unicycles.
  • If you are injured or damaged, or out of fuel when approaching the home base, you get a message that you have priority landing. After you land, you should be met by ambulances. That is, when they are in the mood for it. Sometimes, they'll just wait by the runway, letting you bleed out. It's not a major gameplay element, so I won't spend my time on fixing it, but I'd still like to know how it worked for you.
  • The mission now fails after 4 out of the 7 bombers are killed. The threshold of 7 out of 7 was too high, the attacking AI is not good enough to kill them all.

If you want to play this with friends coop-style, a quick and dirty method should be to change the type to deathmatch, remove group Gannet, and add planes to the fakefield at Buzinovka. Stork is spawned when Gannet reaches a specific waypoint. Replace that by a complex trigger detecting a player's presence and you should be good to go. The rest of the mission logic is triggered by Stork. I'll probably do these changes myself, but if you don't want to wait, you can try it yourself.

AttackOnKalach-sp.zip

Edited by coconut
  • Upvote 1

Many many thanks to the 3rd Party mission builders .Your work is so much better than default 777 missions.I ordinarily fly mostly German  aircraft , but I need to try other things thanks to the variety of work done here and that is a good thing! Attack on Kalach was surprising confused fun as have been the other new missions!

I have two questions:1.) Will we ever get to see stats ( what we have done or not done) after the mission? It would be great to see planes shot down  and/or efficiancy of shooting.

2.) 9 I think I know the answer to this:0 Can you ( we.I) group missions by country & plane?Think of the old Il-2 way.I'm thinking of organizing a series of foldersin this order ;Missions/ Luftwaffe/Bf-109f an all the other German planes in separate folders-ditto Soviet aircraft & then installing these missions in appropriate foldes.Does this make sense?

Thanks again - I hope to see more of your work coming up in the future esp. when we get the new seasonal maps...ahh to get out of the snow & ice... ;)

1.) You could try Lupson's Bosparser:
http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/13379-release-bosparser-bos-after-action-report-application/

I have never tested it in mission mode, but I guess it might work.

It is also possible for mission builders to add some simple stats to their missions. Veteran has done this in his Chir front missions, but despite analysing his mission files I still don't understand how he did it.

2.) Yes that's possible, although I am not sure if this could cause problems in missions that use media files that need a certain directory path.

The devs added a debriefing screen, but only for the campaign.

The devs added a debriefing screen, but only for the campaign.

... and I don't understand why not also for stock/user missions & QMB...

Edited by Ami

... and I don't understand why not also for stock/user missions & QMB...

I know, it would be great for that ?

Here comes the second single-player mission in "Attack of Kalach".

The ZIP archive contains both missions.

AttackOnKalach-sp.zip

In this second mission, you take part in a flight of IL-2 that will assist a tank platoon in its conquest of Kalach airfield.

Lots of units in the air and on the ground. If you experience slowdowns on your PC, please let me know.

• Upvote 1

Sounds great, I like that this one is from the perspective of an IL2. I will check it out.

First post updated to add Coconut work. I need to find some time to try all this missions some day....

Very nice work! You made the place very lively, with all the little things happening on the ground around the player.

Thanks coconut, Did you try to follow Boris when he took off?? if you didnt...you should ;)

First of all, thanks to all for posting the single missions. They have put some much needed life into the game for SPers. Coconut I especially enjoyed (and will continue to enjoy) your Attack on Kalach missions.

@SYN_Haashashin:

There seems to be a little issue in your third mission. If I have my game language selected as german, the briefing of the second mission is shown, when I select the third mission. 

In english everything works fine.

Will fly it today, thank's for your missions. Looking forward to more. 

SP Mission by Varan, posted on Russian forum - I translate the briefing (English only) an post here with his permission:

post-4592-0-21608700-1427906249.jpg

Flight_plan.jpg

Four IL-2 Attacking German positions in bad weather, no air opposition, but heavy small caliber AAA in the target area. Player fly as leader of second flight.

Despite the bad weather is possible fly this mission with HUD/compass off following the briefing map route HDG. If HUD are on headings directions are show

on screen messages.

Note for player (included in briefing):

Take off after the second red flare (or leave the "HUD" on for read instructions on screen). When approaching the Zone A target area give the command (Do Like Me) for his wingman, because when armed with rockets and bombs, the AI uses the rockets first. 

Flak are deadly, don't loitering in target area. ;)

Installation note: Copy the included LuaScripts folder for... \ IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad \ data \ LuaScripts 

Tactical.retreat.zip

Edited by Sokol1
  • Upvote 3

Many thanks Sokol1...Every new Single mission makes the sim that much better!

No. :)

But looks like that are these random effect on map, artillery shell explosions, oil fires,  fake firefights, big smokes... Veteran66 missions use this too.

Hi all,

my next single player mission, this time with combat.

In this mission i wanted to test ground combat, so expect some rough edges. In the beginning my fps are about half of what i normally have, gets better as soon as the first ground units are destroyed.

You are flight lead of a pair of 109F, waiting for something to happen. Start up the engines and take off on the red flare, stick to your orders.

Here is the the mission briefing:

Good Morning!

You all know, the situation is grim, we have to retreat.

The division HQ, located in the nearby city to the SE, will relocate to a safer position starting 1100.

Our wing will transfer to Lapino in the early afternoon, we will cover the Ju87, which will also relocate to Lapino.

During the night we lost contact to our troops north of us, perhaps artillery cut the wires again. Forward observers reported engine noise from the north, just to be sure a pair of gunbirds will do an armed recon of the region.

You and your wingman are on 5 min alert. In case of an emergency the staff from the division HQ will try to reach Lapino by car and take one of the He111.

In this case your task is to cover them until they are safe.

Dismissed.

I hope you have fun.

PS: is there any mission out there where i can learn how to show signs and info on the mission map?

Just wanted to say thanks touchdown42 for the missions.  Any new ones in the works?  :salute:

@SYN_Haashashin:

Thank's for your Mission. I played it twice. 

The first time, I just found my way to the new airfield and landed. But I am not 100% sure, that it was the right Airfiled, as there were no fires, lights etc... :unsure:  Still, the tower credited me with a "Nice landing". :lol:

On my second try I followed Boris, as you suggested to coconut. I found a few stukas along the way, I think they were attacking trucks or something like that. Boris did not really care and continued to fly to the new airfield. 

I decided to attack and managed to shoot down 3 Stukas. Got a bit lost, but finally found my way to the airfield, where Boris was already waiting and I managed to do a beautiful landing(I was very happy, that I landed her without ground looping).

Thank's again, I am really enjoing your Pilot Story. Looking forward to more. :salute:

Edited by Comes

Juri_JS .

Thank you very much. BOS without such missions would just be boring for offliners. Thanks again and keep up your good work  :acute: 

• Upvote 1

First post updated to add Coconut work. I need to find some time to try all this missions some day....

Thanks coconut, Did you try to follow Boris when he took off?? if you didnt...you should ;)

Thanks for the tip. That turned out to be pretty hard... Boris likes to take it slow and easy, it seems. I had to try in normal mode, in expert I kept losing him in the clouds and the night. I found the Stukas, and got a little too eager. A stray bullet got me and my engine. Andrey survived, but he probably won't be flying for a while  :cray:

Thanks to all of you for all this hard works , the "coop"stuff was really missing in BoS , hope it will be quickly improved to become as nice it was to play in Il2 !...

@ Coconut

With Attack on Kalach people trying to join my game (including me) get a #10017 error. Do you know why this is?

Thanks for your efforts.

von Tom

@ Coconut

With Attack on Kalach people trying to join my game (including me) get a #10017 error. Do you know why this is?

Thanks for your efforts.

von Tom

Please check that the list file is not empty, other than that I don't know. Maybe some incompatibility introduced in 1.011? I will check that it still works. Also, if you could zip the version of the files you have and get them to me (attach in a forum post, or maybe via private message), that would be good. Always easier to debug things using the real data, instead of the data I think you have.

Also for MP there is a bug on the List file, open it and if you see a .rar line, delete it and you should be good to go. This is reported to devs and Habu use it as solution. Another one is to open the mission on the ME and resave it, somehow files get corrupted.

Be carreful, the erase of the rar line fix the file transfer error, but i'm not sur that there is not any depth problem in the mission. For both mission where i have the problem, On Wednesday, at around 23h00 we had some lag in the mission, i can't say if it's the mission or not, the server seems fine, i checked it when we have the problem.

Haashashin, when you had the problem, did you use winrar to compress the mission ?

I always use 7zip, but resaving the mission on the ME did the trick for us so maybe first go that route and if it doesnt work delete the .rar line.