SYN_Haashashin

The Missions Sharing Corner

Hi all,

my next single player mission, this time with combat.

In this mission i wanted to test ground combat, so expect some rough edges. In the beginning my fps are about half of what i normally have, gets better as soon as the first ground units are destroyed.

You are flight lead of a pair of 109F, waiting for something to happen. Start up the engines and take off on the red flare, stick to your orders.

Here is the the mission briefing:

Good Morning!

You all know, the situation is grim, we have to retreat.

The division HQ, located in the nearby city to the SE, will relocate to a safer position starting 1100.

Our wing will transfer to Lapino in the early afternoon, we will cover the Ju87, which will also relocate to Lapino.

During the night we lost contact to our troops north of us, perhaps artillery cut the wires again. Forward observers reported engine noise from the north, just to be sure a pair of gunbirds will do an armed recon of the region.

You and your wingman are on 5 min alert. In case of an emergency the staff from the division HQ will try to reach Lapino by car and take one of the He111.

In this case your task is to cover them until they are safe.

Dismissed.

I hope you have fun.

PS: is there any mission out there where i can learn how to show signs and info on the mission map?

AnotherOrdinaryMorning.zip

• Upvote 3

Hi all,

In this mission i wanted to test ground combat, so expect some rough edges. In the beginning my fps are about half of what i normally have, gets better as soon as the first ground units are destroyed.

You are flight lead of a pair of 109F, waiting for something to happen. Start up the engines and take off on the red flare, stick to your orders.

Here is the the mission briefing:

Good Morning!

You all know, the situation is grim, we have to retreat.

The division HQ, located in the nearby city to the SE, will relocate to a safer position starting 1100.

Our wing will transfer to Lapino in the early afternoon, we will cover the Ju87, which will also relocate to Lapino.

During the night we lost contact to our troops north of us, perhaps artillery cut the wires again. Forward observers reported engine noise from the north, just to be sure a pair of gunbirds will do an armed recon of the region.

You and your wingman are on 5 min alert. In case of an emergency the staff from the division HQ will try to reach Lapino by car and take one of the He111.

In this case your task is to cover them until they are safe.

Dismissed.

I hope you have fun.

PS: is there any mission out there where i can learn how to show signs and info on the mission map?

Flew it once. Had a big time)
Great scenery! Just wow.

@touchdown:

Played it and i really liked the battle that was going on there. Also the ground attack aircraft do what the are supposed to do.

But I did not really understand what I had to do. I was going after the IL-2, but I wasn't sure if that was the right thing to do. 

I ran out of ammo after I downed 3 or 4 so I returned to base. I got the message that I failed the mission, because the convoi got destroyed.

So do I have to look for a convoi and protect them from enemy tanks?

Still I had a lot of fun and there really is a massive battle going on. Great stuff, Thank you!

@Juri_JS:

Played your mission. Shot down a few Surmoviks and managed to bring Schentke home safely. Thank's a lot, enjoyed it. I am looking forward to more. ;)

Hi all,

Some really lovely stuff in this Touchdown! Great artillary barrage. Also, really cool behaviour of the convoy and the Heinkel!   :salute:  Really enjoyable little mission. Thanks!

Hi all,

thx for the positive feedback :)

As my first mission, this was mostly to learn the FMB and to give others a working sample.

@comes: last week i didn't know how to put icons on the map, so i just described in the briefing what to do. There is a city to the SW of the airport where the division HQ is located, look for activity there.

I added some icons and changed the subtitles a little bit and i also made the mission with a 50% chance a little bit harder, at least in all my test runs it was more like 100% :(

Essentially the same mission from last week with a little bit more guidance and a little bit more challenging.

Some questions:

- is it possible to make the appearance of icons dynamic?

- is it possible to change the height ( and thickness) of the cloud layer?

AnotherOrdinaryMorning_V1.zip

That would be a no for both. For clouds you have all those different presets. About icons, there is no way to desactivate/activate them that Im aware of.

Updated first post.

Hi all,

thx for the positive feedback :)

As my first mission, this was mostly to learn the FMB and to give others a working sample.

@comes: last week i didn't know how to put icons on the map, so i just described in the briefing what to do. There is a city to the SW of the airport where the division HQ is located, look for activity there.

I added some icons and changed the subtitles a little bit and i also made the mission with a 50% chance a little bit harder, at least in all my test runs it was more like 100% :(

Essentially the same mission from last week with a little bit more guidance and a little bit more challenging.

Some questions:

Thanks a lot! That's SP mission how it should be. Being in a middle of "a logic chain" of events where one thing leads to another... Great fun! 

Though I was a bit dissapointed with the sudden end of the mission. I would be so glad to convoy this Heinkel to some drome and land there also. Just for immersion.

Thanks a lot! That's SP mission how it should be. Being in a middle of "a logic chain" of events where one thing leads to another... Great fun! 

Though I was a bit dissapointed with the sudden end of the mission. I would be so glad to convoy this Heinkel to some drome and land there also. Just for immersion.

Hi samson,

yes, would be better, but the mission takes even without this about 30mins to complete.

Another reason is the limited room on the Lapino map.

I chose the map deliberately to keep the edit/test cycle short. It takes about 4 minutes on my system just to open the editor, save the mission and then open BOS and load the mission, and it took literally several dozen cycles to get the timing of some of the events right.

I started the mission with the full Stalingrad map but to open the full populated Stalingrad map simply took too much time, perhaps someday i'll try to create a template mission with the full map where only a small region is populated but only if i have more experience with the general possibilities of the editor, otherwise the trial and error takes simply too much time.

• Upvote 1

Here comes the second mission in "The Day Hell Froze Over". I've also updated the first mission.

In this second mission, played as Germans, you are to bomb Lapino airfield. Enjoy!

TheDayHellFrozeOver-v2.zip

Here comes the second mission in "The Day Hell Froze Over". I've also updated the first mission.

In this second mission, played as Germans, you are to bomb Lapino airfield. Enjoy!

Thanks!

Single misión coconut? it´s possible to make it coop missión?

I started the mission with the full Stalingrad map but to open the full populated Stalingrad map simply took too much time, perhaps someday i'll try to create a template mission with the full map where only a small region is populated but only if i have more experience with the general possibilities of the editor, otherwise the trial and error takes simply too much time.

I had a similar experience with the Stalingrad map, but someone else has mentioned (can't remember who) that it's possible to open the Stalingrad map empty, not import any templates, make your mission, test it, etc, and then at a very late stage populate it with the templates. 

When I get round to using the Stalingrad map, that's the route I'm going to try.

Hi samson,

yes, would be better, but the mission takes even without this about 30mins to complete.

Another reason is the limited room on the Lapino map.

I chose the map deliberately to keep the edit/test cycle short. It takes about 4 minutes on my system just to open the editor, save the mission and then open BOS and load the mission, and it took literally several dozen cycles to get the timing of some of the events right.

Don't take  me so seriously) just wanted to than you. Cheers!

Thanks!

Single misión coconut? it´s possible to make it coop missión?

Oops, I forgot to mention it's already a multiplayer coop mission. Enjoy!

I had a similar experience with the Stalingrad map, but someone else has mentioned (can't remember who) that it's possible to open the Stalingrad map empty, not import any templates, make your mission, test it, etc, and then at a very late stage populate it with the templates. 

When I get round to using the Stalingrad map, that's the route I'm going to try.

I tried that, the problem is that the map loading time for players is horribly long (and same for the server). And removing all the towns that are far from the action in the editor takes an eternity. If someone has already broken up the "all towns" template into multiple ones, you'll be my hero if you share it!

Edited by -IRRE-coconut

Hey, something wrong with the mission. It loads without "a player". Just a view over night steppe)

-IRRE-coconut, on 14 Mar 2015 - 15:49, said:

snapback.png

Hey, something wrong with the mission. It loads without "a player". Just a view over night steppe)

Because is Multiplayer mission::)http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/14893-missions-sharing-corner/?do=findComment&comment=241605 

-IRRE-coconut, on 14 Mar 2015 - 17:19, said:-IRRE-coconut, on 14 Mar 2015 - 17:19, said:

Oops, I forgot to mention it's already a multiplayer coop mission. Enjoy!

I tried that, the problem is that the map loading time for players is horribly long (and same for the server). And removing all the towns that are far from the action in the editor takes an eternity. If someone has already broken up the "all towns" template into multiple ones, you'll be my hero if you share it!

I have that! I have left only few airfields near Stalingrad. ;)

Edited by [AoA]Pablo

Just wanted to let you know that my community has been using your original mission, and it's very highly regarded. Can't wait to try this one this afternoon!

Did you come from RoF? Your grasp of the editor is incredibly impressive.

Edit: also, this set is missing the .list files. Not sure if this is intentional and is an easy fix, but figured I'd let you know.

Edited by [CBB]Mmmslash

Just wanted to let you know that my community has been using your original mission, and it's very highly regarded. Can't wait to try this one this afternoon!

Did you come from RoF? Your grasp of the editor is incredibly impressive.

Edit: also, this set is missing the .list files. Not sure if this is intentional and is an easy fix, but figured I'd let you know.

Thanks, it makes me happy to know people are enjoying my work! No, I did not play RoF. As for my grasp of the editor, I'm a programmer, so I guess that helps quite a bit. I also read the RoF manual of the editor, which is also helpful. Looking at missions posted here or from the game also helps a lot.

About the .list files, oops, thanks for notifying me. I'll try to remember to include them next time.

@ touchdown42:

Thank's a lot. Played it again and finished it successful. I had to do a belly landing due to a fuel leak, but I managed to shot down the enemy fighters and a few IL-2. 

Thank's again, really a great mission. 

Edited by Comes

Hi all,

Updated the first post to include new missions and to reorganize the post to divide the missions into missions types. Hopes I made it clear enought for others ;)

Thanks all.

• Upvote 3

Thanks, it makes me happy to know people are enjoying my work! No, I did not play RoF. As for my grasp of the editor, I'm a programmer, so I guess that helps quite a bit. I also read the RoF manual of the editor, which is also helpful. Looking at missions posted here or from the game also helps a lot.

About the .list files, oops, thanks for notifying me. I'll try to remember to include them next time.

Quick question:

After three folks slot into your second Hell Froze Over, it labels Rodnik as "MAX" and no other players can spawn there.

Can you tell me what dictates this, so we can tinker with it a bit for group play? 

Thanks much!

Quick question:

After three folks slot into your second Hell Froze Over, it labels Rodnik as "MAX" and no other players can spawn there.

Can you tell me what dictates this, so we can tinker with it a bit for group play? 

Thanks much!

I suspect you might have "Coalition auto-balance" enabled in your sds server config file. Make sure to disable that for coop missions.

2cocnut,

Tried your mission... Love it! Re-e-ee-eal pleasure.  :rolleyes:

PS. Can Yak kill his lights while scrambling?

Hi all,

I allways liked FSM work for old il2, where the scripted campaings where base on 1 particular pilot. I will follow his example and now present to you: Andrey´s life. A serial of missions based on this fictional character called Andrey Nikoláyev. Its only his first day at Stalingrad area so he needs practices. Missions wont be 100% historic based but at least I will try to represent correct historic elements, such as front lines, units, etc... 

Here is the first mission of this (hopefully long) series: The First day: https://www.dropbox.com/s/e0ex7n3heqviilx/Andreys%20Live.7z?dl=0

You will have to follow the flight leader, S.L. Rostoyev for a training flight.

Note: To trigger the take off you need to be on the Left side of the leader. If you cant trigger it I recommend leaving the taxi to the autopilot just one time, to see where you have to be positioned to the take off. Of course I recommend icons off.

Installation: Unzip on mission folder and it will create a folder with the mission inside so it will be easier to include future missions.

This will be a constant WIP since I have to learn more about the GUI elements, media and others elements.

I cant link the mission together but hoping its implemented in the future.

Edit: First post edited.

• Upvote 4

Hey All,

Airfield attack. Sorry was already way into the works when SYN_Haashashin put his up. And certainly looking forward to his critic on this one.

Unzip into your Game Single Missions Folder. Makes its own folder. Seems to play well in Normal, Expert or Custom Modes. As this is my first mission within BoS, some feedback on playability would be very helpful. Be advised I have not gotten into the GUI for the Map. The Ingress and Egress from Target area and back to Base is easy enough. Shouldn't be a problem.

Download Gumrack_VVS Zip Here

*For the experienced Mission Builders your help would be extremely appreciated. The Mission itself is a compilation of what point I am at with learning the FME through the tutorials and of course the helpful posts that many of you have shared.

Some things within the mission are not finished though, other things I have not gotten to in my learning or can't figure it out and I would like some feedback if possible.

I have many more questions obviously. And these could possibly use their own Post. But here are some of what I am referring to:

1)The truck convoy at Rahinka (Sector 245.5) will not move. It is set to Run Off Road in Column. What the heck am I doing wrong here?

2) I would like to have the 3 plane Il2 AI Flight, Group Leader Plane #163, change formation to "Form Left" somewhere in the vicinity of Waypoint Trigger #175 before they hit the Command Attack #167 due East of Gumrack. Is this possible?

3) The Command Attack #167 Icon always stays on when flying in Normal Mode once its' Check Zone Trigger is activated. My guess is that it is something I have not come across in the tutorials yet. There must be a way to change the percentage of objects needed to be destroyed to turn this off. The time limit I set within the Command Attack Area works well enough. Yet once met. It doesn't turn the Icon off.

4) The large FX Fire effect @ Stalingrad. Is there a way to move the Smoke to cover the flames. Right now unless I turn it into the wind, the flames are not visually correct to the Player.

Cheers,

Tip

I just flew it but couldn't destroy the aircraft on the ground. When I opened the mission in the editor they have block symbols on the aircraft rather than plane symbols. Are they definitely destroyable?

Nice mission though :)

Thanks

Emil

I just flew it but couldn't destroy the aircraft on the ground. When I opened the mission in the editor they have block symbols on the aircraft rather than plane symbols. Are they definitely destroyable?

Nice mission though :)

Thanks

Emil

I have destructible planes in my airfield bombing mission, using blocks. They need to have an entity, and their durability must be reduced. The default value of 25000 is way too high, probably meant to be used for bunkers  ;) I use a value of 500 instead.

Edited by -IRRE-coconut
  • Upvote 2

I have destructible planes in my airfield bombing mission, using blocks. They need to have an entity, and their durability must be reduced. The default value of 25000 is way too high, probably meant to be used for bunkers  ;) I use a value of 500 instead.

Thanks Coconut I did see the durability and wondered about it. 

Emil

I suspect you might have "Coalition auto-balance" enabled in your sds server config file. Make sure to disable that for coop missions.

This is exactly it! The ranked servers settings force enables this.

The more you know!

2cocnut,

Tried your mission... Love it! Re-e-ee-eal pleasure.  :rolleyes:

PS. Can Yak kill his lights while scrambling?

Thanks, glad you like it!

I don't think I can make the "scramblers" take off without lights. I understand they are easy to strafe, but since the start of the mission was pretty difficult in my experience, I left it that way. For added difficulty, I could make them spawn in the air.

Thanks, glad you like it!

For added difficulty, I could make them spawn in the air.

I would say "for added immersion". :)

Hey man I really want to try your coop mission but when I tried hosting it on our server the people who joined kept getting file transfer errors, even though they had the file already. Any ideas?

Hey man I really want to try your coop mission but when I tried hosting it on our server the people who joined kept getting file transfer errors, even though they had the file already. Any ideas?

It the port you are using. You must have different port for client and dserver, if you host on the same PC. With the 1.10, it's easier to manage that, because that information is not share any more in the same file. Client port are in the startup.cfg, and server port are in the sds file.

I forgot to include the list files in the zip, which could be causing problems. I've attached the list files to this post. You can also generate them yourself simply by opening the missions in the editor and saving the mission. Check that the list files aren't empty, and you should be good to go.

Phoenix aka Habu has another theory about port numbers. It can be a problem too, I suppose, although I must say I've never had that problem and have been running client and server at the same time without issues. Maybe I was just lucky.

TheDayHellFrozeOver-listfiles-only.zip

Edited by -IRRE-coconut

I forgot to include the list files in the zip, which could be causing problems. I've attached the list files to this post. You can also generate them yourself simply by opening the missions in the editor and saving the mission. Check that the list files aren't empty, and you should be good to go.

Phoenix aka Habu has another theory about port numbers. It can be a problem too, I suppose, although I must say I've never had that problem and have been running client and server at the same time without issues. Maybe I was just lucky.

When I've downloaded files from people that miss the list files I just load it up in the editor and save it, it seems to create a correct list file, also I've had the odd occasion where I had to edit the list file to show the correct location.