Map of Stalingrad in web-browser

NobbyNobbs

6./ZG26_Custard

Hi guys, I am still not sure how to use the wind direction / speed tool properly do you have to place it on each way point or just once on the map? I am probably missing something fundamentally simple here. Any help would be appreciated.

I genuinely hope that the Dev's approach Nobby and implement his navigate aid in the game.  

The wind arrow in Map Tools is just a reminder of wind general direction (the game use a more detailed winds directions), and for what side this will cause drift, but dont inform the drift angle and correction needed.

To know the drift caused and angle correction you need other tools, and involve convert IAS to TAS - a bit of complication - like this application:

http://www.luizmonteiro.com/wind.aspx

Or the WWII era (virtual) DR-2 disk:

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/14133-wind-angle-dr-2/?do=findComment&comment=223208

But the wind drift is really factor only for (He 111, Pe-2) bombing run. To adjust the bombsight you can use physical this tool:

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/11600-wind-angle-calculator/

Or this virtual:

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/14175-wind-angle-drift-calculator/

Or download from RoF forum the "TurtleCalc" program (Java needed):

http://riseofflight.com/forum/topic/15897-update-simple-bombsight-calculator-v-09b/?do=findComment&comment=196926

Or make some maths...

For fighters when plan your routes, put less spaced waypoints, this allow for check visually for eventual deviation/corrections.

Edited by Sokol1

TG-55Panthercules

Hi guys, I am still not sure how to use the wind direction / speed tool properly do you have to place it on each way point or just once on the map? I am probably missing something fundamentally simple here. Any help would be appreciated.

I genuinely hope that the Dev's approach Nobby and implement his navigate aid in the game.  

I just use it as a reminder of the wind speed/direction mentioned in the mission briefing, and put it on the map only once, near my home airfield, so it'll be an easy reminder for when I'm back trying to land.   But then, I'm not really trying to do detailed navigation calculations or anything - just trying to plot out the basic parameters of the flight plan as a rough guide which I will double-check with visual sightings.

I did not look at your map well enough before I spoke. It is great. I got the online link to work well, but how do I activate the downloaded version?

How do I use the 64/244 in the middle?

Chief

Hello Chief maybe you have the answer but on is the outbound heading 64 degrees the other is the return heading 244 degrees

As it looks like more Maps will be introduced can this be expanded to include all BoS maps in the same way as the RoF edition. I know you have a real life. :) and time for other things but if its possible it would be great

As it looks like more Maps will be introduced can this be expanded to include all BoS maps in the same way as the RoF edition. I know you have a real life. and time for other things but if its possible it would be great

Sure, I'll add new IL-2 maps. It's not hard now, when I remade scripts. 

-NW-ChiefRedCloud

Hello Chief maybe you have the answer but on is the outbound heading 64 degrees the other is the return heading 244 degrees

Thank you ... :)

Chief

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all! 

I made the site for Ruler http://il2map.info/

If you registered you can create and save maps on server, share it with friends and use maps together with friends.

I tested it not enough. If you find problems please write here in this topic.

• Upvote 1

• 5 weeks later...
22GCT_RedBaron

Hi all! 

I made the site for Ruler http://il2map.info/

If you registered you can create and save maps on server, share it with friends and use maps together with friends.

I tested it not enough. If you find problems please write here in this topic.

Hi NobbyNobbs!!

Please release a downloadable version of your excellent program, with all maps. Thank you so much !!
Best regards to all from Italy
Fabio

NobbyNobbs

Hi NobbyNobbs!!

Please release a downloadable version of your excellent program, with all maps.

Thank you so much !! Best regards to all from Italy Fabio

Hi, Fabio

this "patch" for adding velikie luki map, you can download it right now https://yadi.sk/d/iEYLIisBgDrVm
after downloading unzip archive inside FatRuler folder.

if you need CLOD map I can add it later. 

22GCT_RedBaron

Thanks so much for this Nobby :salute:

+1. I not need CLOD map, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
-TBC-AeroAce

High Nobby love the app? I was wondering if I could have the source code or if you was up for working together to make a slightly more complex version, that can do, TAS, proper wind correction, fuel burn, loiter climb and decend waypoints/legs.

I'm not being ungrateful for ur lovley app its just I tried to make one and failed, I can program all the maths but Im not very good at GUI work. So if ur up for a little team work we could make an outstanding app even better. Pm me if interested

Edited by AeroBase

[DBS]El_Marta

A circle tool which shows the radius for measuring distances and a protractor for drawing help lines at certain angles would come in handy for drawing a wind triangle or  correcting deviations with the 1:60 rule.

I think thinner black lines and figures could be used  in order to not disturb the courselines and data.

Edited by [DBS]El_Marta

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
c6_lefuneste

Hi Nobbynobbs,

I tried your wonderfull tool as a help on a second screen to navigate in SP missions without using the BoS map (on which you can not modify anything). Your site to share maps for MP sessions seems to me a "must have" by the way.

After use I have a suggestion, if you want some ideas for evolutions : It should be usefull to be able to import flight route and wind direction from a mission file.

Edited by lefuneste01

• 2 months later...

Hi NobbyNobbs,

on your online version when I open a saved map, I cannot move it. Tried on Chrome and Firefox.

Hi. I sent you a PM.

I just noticed that runways, taxiways, and parking ramps are displayed when I zoom in deep enough. That's cool, thanks Nobby for adding this!

post-14246-0-27247900-1448212548_thumb.jpg

Hello Nobby,

Finally found time to go through this forum section and was VERY impressed with this work of yours, and the contributions, links, etc. from RedBaron, Sokol & others.  Sincere thanks to all of you!!

One small suggestion to add.  If the dev's will let you, and you find time at some point, you might want to post all the latest links up top on the OP, along with some of the other very helpful related links.  I certainly didn't mind combing though all the posts, but it would simplify things for others coming after me.  Right now it's not very obvious what the latest features/additions are, without reading carefully through the whole thread.

Look forward to using this a LOT from now on!  :salute:  

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I find that it does'nt work as well with Windows 10.Is there a fix or is it just me?Thanks.

Hi.

I'm still using Win 8.1, but I think it should works fine with Win 10 too. Actually there is no difference which operation system is used, because it's javascript, it's browser application. 

Anyway, what problems do you have and what web-browser do you use?

There work OK in Win 10(64) with Chrome and Edge browsers.

win 10 x64 pro and firefox here , and all is fine too ...

Work OK in STEAM browser too

Thanks for response.

No.401_Alpine

I use Firefox.Whenever I attempt to plot a course that has it on a small monitor,the game on my main monitor in minimized to the tray.

I use Firefox.Whenever I attempt to plot a course that has it on a small monitor,the game on my main monitor in minimized to the tray.

Roger. But I can do nothing with that, because it's the game behaviour and it happens not only in Win-10, but in all Win's. If you use fullscreen mode and click somewhere outside the main screen, game will be minimized to tray.
As variant you can try to use the "window" mode instead of "fullscreen" for game and probably everything will work as expected, but you'll lose few fps.

"As variant you can try to use the "window" mode instead of "fullscreen""

I m using two monitors , one for the game one for the map ...  My settings in game is "window mode" cos "In full screen",  i ve bad behavior when switching  monitor as described by nobby ....

AND   if you re using an nvidia card :  in the driver panel control  , at  "Adjust Desktop Size and Position resizing"  make sure this is set to "none"  

AND that " override the scaling mode set by games and programs "  is unchecked and THIS  for both of your monitors .

Dunno what it s called nor if it s necessary if you re using Amd ...

• 3 weeks later...

Great tool NobbyNobbs, only thing I miss is the possibility to use it nicely on phones or tablets. As they dont have a mousewheel to zoom in, we only have the zoombuttons - a pinch to zoom ability would be great...

• 1 month later...
curiousGamblerr

Awesome tool NobbyNobbs!

Any chance of hosting it on Github or someplace so its easy for people to contribute? We could just hack at the downloaded javascript etc. but version control would make it easier to contribute back. 

Either way, I'll definitely be using this for next weekends bomber flights. Thanks so much for the hard work!

Awesome tool NobbyNobbs!

Any chance of hosting it on Github or someplace so its easy for people to contribute? We could just hack at the downloaded javascript etc. but version control would make it easier to contribute back. 

Either way, I'll definitely be using this for next weekends bomber flights. Thanks so much for the hard work!

Hi.
I'm ashamed to push it to public repository because code is terribly ugly and almost unreadable. 
I hope one day I'll be able to rewrite it from scratch and then to push it on github. But I don't know when, I have not any free time lately.