NobbyNobbs

Map of Stalingrad in web-browser

Hello guys.
I made a tool for watching and "editing" game map. It work like simple ruler (show distance, direction and approximate time of the path). Also user can mark some targets on the map.
I made this tool for PC web-browsers, but in reality it works on tablets too (with only one remark - for zooming should use buttons on map, not "pinch" gesture).
I hope it can be usefull for somebody.

Use online.

Save to disk: yandex, dropbox.

P.S. Sometimes painting tools not working in Chrome and helps nothing except restart browser. I don't know how to fix that. If I'll understand what a problem, i'll fix.

P.P.S.

post-14111-0-63925000-1420494049_thumb.png

online: http://il2map.info

download offline version: https://yadi.sk/d/ckl4jRF_r8rrv

Edited by NobbyNobbs
  • Upvote 29

Nobby Hi

Fantastic aid to navigation, I'm sure a lot of people will find it really useful, I know I will - many thanks! 

I don't know whether it would be possible to add a programmable timer/interval timer/delay timer for example  http://www.online-stopwatch.com/interval-timer/  which I think would be really helpful.

Also I don't know whether it would be possible to edit your tool to show airfield runway alignments, this could perhaps be done by placing a line through the centre of each airfield icon to represent main runway alignment.

Again thank you for all your hard work and for a great tool, I look forward to using it and I hope you don't mind me suggesting changes to the tool. I don't know whether other users would agree with my suggestions, if not, it's fine I will use as is.  Kind regards...

Pajeka

Nice. It would be usefull for mission planning. After you get it ready would be nice to print and use it as reference during missions.

Nobby Hi

Fantastic aid to navigation, I'm sure a lot of people will find it really useful, I know I will - many thanks! 

I don't know whether it would be possible to add a programmable timer/interval timer/delay timer for example  http://www.online-stopwatch.com/interval-timer/  which I think would be really helpful.

Also I don't know whether it would be possible to edit your tool to show airfield runway alignments, this could perhaps be done by placing a line through the centre of each airfield icon to represent main runway alignment.

Again thank you for all your hard work and for a great tool, I look forward to using it and I hope you don't mind me suggesting changes to the tool. I don't know whether other users would agree with my suggestions, if not, it's fine I will use as is.  Kind regards...

Pajeka

Hi.

Timer is a good idea, I don't thought about it. May be I will add it later.

As for airfields runway alignment... In local version everyone can edit GIF-images in subcatalogs of directory "tiles" through any graphics editor and tool will show edited images.

Great stuff. This is what an ingame map should be like.

Edited by [DBS]El_Marta

I did not look at your map well enough before I spoke. It is great. I got the online link to work well, but how do I activate the downloaded version?

vfo7dsl.png

How do I use the 64/244 in the middle?

Chief

Edited by -NW-ChiefRedCloud

I did not look at your map well enough before I spoke. It is great. I got the online link to work well, but how do I activate the downloaded version?

Chief

This is great!  Thanks for the work.  What the Chief asked, once downloaded how do I run it?

Just open or double click "newmap.html". This will open your browser.

Edited by [DBS]El_Marta
  • Upvote 1

I got the online link to work well, but how do I activate the downloaded version?

What the Chief asked, once downloaded how do I run it?

Hi.

On PC simply unzip downloaded file and open newmap.html

On android devices for opening unzipped files enter direct path in browser.

For example:

post-14111-0-68519600-1420565686_thumb.png

How do I use the 64/244 in the middle?

It's direction. 64 degrees forward, 244 degrees backward. For compass :-)

NobbyNoobs,

Very nice, thank you.  :good: 

For those that dont have a second monitor, tablet, iPad, a way to use the map in overlay.

Install STEAM, add BoS as "Non-STEAM game" (only the shortcut) - case your version is not STEAM.

Start BoS through STEAM. In game hit Shit+Tab to bring the STEAM overlay, select Web Browser, past the map url  (in STEAM browser settings is possible save the map url as default page).

Voilà:

Map_overly.jpg

The map refresh is a bit slow in STEAM browser, but is possible interact in it... in flight (but "flight plan" is to be done before flight, not in flight   :P  )

Sokol1
Edited by Sokol1
  • Upvote 5

Thanks, got it working.

With something that is this good and free I know I should never want more but just a couple of thoughts...

Moveable/Editable waypoints or arrows.

No idea if this is available on the map but ground level altitude at each way point would be helpful when level bombing.

The map refresh is a bit slow in STEAM browser, but is possible interact in it... in flight (but "flight plan" is to be done before flight, not in flight   :P  )

Using the local file path as url the refresh is more fast. Sample:

C:/Users/User/Desktop/Map/Ruler/newmap.html

Change the bold part for the local where place "Ruler" files.

Sokol1

No idea if this is available on the map but ground level altitude at each way point would be helpful when level bombing.

Unfortunately it's impossible.

• Upvote 1

The online link works fine with the Safari browser on my iPad. But I dont know how to handle the download to use it without internet connection. I guess Android is very different as nothing can be as bad as iOS when it comes to file handling.

Hi.

On PC simply unzip downloaded file and open newmap.html

On android devices for opening unzipped files enter direct path in browser.

For example:

attachicon.gifpost-14111-0-59000400-1420219101.png

It's direction. 64 degrees forward, 244 degrees backward. For compass :-)

Unfortunately I come up with no map when I open newmap.html just a white page with empty buttons in the wrong place (compared to the online version). Any ideas? I can take a screen but it is as I described.

Chief

ActiveX or script controls are blocked on your browser?

Cheers Dakpilot

Very Nice tools! I create a little personalization with stopwatch  ;) I would not change the code of NobbyNobbs, I simply added a frame with the stopwatch.

Downloadhttps://www.mediafire.com/?ufax4xh413c5wt6

Install : Add newmap_withCrono.html in the program folder

• Upvote 1

Hello,

Great tool thanks.

One question : where are the saved files ? I can save them, load them but I can't figure where (which directory ) they are ?

Happy 2015

PS. I use the downloaded version

Edited by KpaxBos

Unfortunately I come up with no map when I open newmap.html just a white page with empty buttons in the wrong place (compared to the online version). Any ideas? I can take a screen but it is as I described.

It looks like you trying to open files without unzipping.

Something like that, right?

post-14111-0-97076400-1420648914_thumb.png

Probably on your PC is not installed file archiver. In that case you should replace or copy "Ruler" folder to outside of Ruler_fat.zip through Explorer and after that to open newmap.html in browser.
My english is bad, but i hope you understand what i mean.

One question : where are the saved files ? I can save them, load them but I can't figure where (which directory ) they are ?

Good question  :)

I don't know. This thing called "web local storage" and it stored somewhere in browser's system directory.

Probably it can help you in searching: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8634058/where-the-sessionstorage-and-localstorage-stored

Is it possible to load another map ?

Only if map made in the same technology like used in BOS. ROF for example.

It looks like you trying to open files without unzipping.

Something like that, right?

attachicon.gifempty.png

Probably on your PC is not installed file archiver. In that case you should replace or copy "Ruler" folder to outside of Ruler_fat.zip through Explorer and after that to open newmap.html in browser.
My english is bad, but i hope you understand what i mean.

Yep - that was what was happening to me, too.  In my haste to try this out I had only unzipped the newmap.html file and then opened it instead of unzipping the whole "Ruler" folder.  Once I did that, it worked great while offline (didn't try it online).  

This works amazingly well to plan out a specific mission/flight plan.  Thanks so much for making this available!!

I'm really looking forward to trying to put this on my iPad and see if it will work.  I have a BoS map on there already, just like I do for my RoF maps, but for some reason the PerfectReader app I'm using (which works great with the RoF maps) is choking on the BoS map and not staying open like it needs to.  So, I hope I can get this new one working for BoS so I can stop trying to figure out why my other one isn't working.

Have you taken a look to see if this approach can be used with the RoF maps too?

Edited by TG-55Panthercules