Bearcat

FW 190 A-3 skins

My own version of Oblt. Armin Faber's Fw190 A-3 (W.Nr 5313), Gruppenadjutant of III./ JG2, landed by mistake on Pembrey airbase, South Wales, on 23 June 1942...This time with his Luftwaffe original camouflage ;)

http://toutbox.fr/alfaro1/Fw190A3_Schnell,17854212.dds

On the starboard side just above the rooster head it says "Gikeule"

Photo Credit: Peter Evans, Ebay photos, Luftwaffe Experten Message Board

Source (Post #5): http://www.luftwaffe-experten.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=15504

post-12904-0-33374200-1420154039_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

I can't access that forum Spektre.  Can you give us an idea of what was posted there?  I'd like to learn more about Faber's plane..though I've also heard it was Hahn's planes, and Faber borrowed it.

I can't access that forum Spektre.  Can you give us an idea of what was posted there?  I'd like to learn more about Faber's plane..though I've also heard it was Hahn's planes, and Faber borrowed it.

These were posts that were relevant:

• Thanks Peter. Interesting name seen above the rooster. Could be a dialectal expression for rooster perhaps as the first part can be linked to 'Gickel' which means rooster and the full name seems to be "Gickeule" which could be translated as "Laughing owl". I believe our German friends can explain better.

• I was kinda hoping that too Goran, but ho hum... In the meantime, I agree with Gickeule and popped the photo and the question to JG2 expert Erik Mombeeck, but he was unable to throw any light on it either...

And here is another III./JG2 Fw-190A-4:

post-12904-0-01482700-1420165526_thumb.jpg

On the starboard side just above the rooster head it says "Gikeule"

Photo Credit: Peter Evans, Ebay photos, Luftwaffe Experten Message Board

Source (Post #5): http://www.luftwaffe-experten.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=15504

attachicon.gifpost-1-0-68968600-1354445360.jpg

Thanks Spektre (aka James Bond 24 ;) )

Corrected:

(i have removed this picture to make the post not to long)

I have done some more research and Armin Fabers plane did NOT have "Gickeule" written on the left side of his nose. 

this can easily be seen by looking at the rooster. If you look at for instance the eye of the rooster you can see it is very different. Armin Faber's roosters are different. 

I therefore do not believe that the plane provided in the picture by SPECTRE76 is Armin Fabers plane. 

Compare the picture provided by SPECTRE76 with this one and you will see the difference in the rooster:

HZiuJ.jpg

Perhaps you are doing something wrong with your hosting of the screens.

I have no idea what he is talking about....

What are you talking about? Ask yourself.. if censorship was the issue why would some skins be "censored" and not others?

Because the guys in Russia are in Holydays. Those posts were hidden by Zak because of the markings. Maybe ask him why they need to censor screenshots.

Edited by Jaws2002

I have done some more research and Armin Fabers plane did NOT have "Gickeule" written on the left side of his nose. 

this can easily be seen by looking at the rooster. If you look at for instance the eye of the rooster you can see it is very different. Armin Faber's roosters are different. 

I therefore do not believe that the plane provided in the picture by SPECTRE76 is Armin Fabers plane. 

Compare the picture provided by SPECTRE76 with this one and you will see the difference in the rooster:

or you could just look at the other side of the plane.....

Fw_190_Faber_zpsc8a65953.jpg

I don't see any script, but it could be a trick of the light. 

The 2 guys on top of the plane with Gickeule on it appear to be german flight mechanics, not Tommys. It could be any plane in the Stabschwarm with the Cockerel head

I had another sharp look at the picture again, because "Gickeule" in fact not really makes sense!

To me it looks not like an - u - it looks like an - r -  (with a shadow or dirt or s/thg.) .....aaaaand "Gickerle" suddendly  sounds much more familiar!

yours

v.Greiff

Edited by von_Greiff

or you could just look at the other side of the plane.....

Fw_190_Faber_zpsc8a65953.jpg

I don't see any script, but it could be a trick of the light. 

The 2 guys on top of the plane with Gickeule on it appear to be german flight mechanics, not Tommys. It could be any plane in the Stabschwarm with the Cockerel head

I couldn't find any pictures of the right side of this plane... (unfortunately) I have also tried to find more pictures of this side of the plane but i could not find any :(

i have enlarged and compared your picture with SPECTRE76's picture to see if they where the same plane. the result:

1. The planes are different. 
  2. There is no script on the plane in the picture you provided. 

The conclusion:

Armin Faber's Fw 190A-3 does not have any script on the nose. 

BlackHellHound1

:salute:

Edited by =[Coffin]=BlackHellHound1

Calm your jets guys. I think Zak edited them to allow you to display the swastika marked ones but under a spoiler tag. Presumably there was some mistake in the process. Don't take it personally. I'll see if I can fix it later.

Zak has actually posted a message in this skins forum asking people to respect the rules about swastikas, not by saying no you can't make or use them, but merely by asking you to display them under a spoiler rag (as some people already do), that's all. I'll try and find the link later on.

For now, the family are asleep so it's time to watch Star Wars!

• Upvote 1

So one more Focke - Wulf, this time "Toni " Hackl. Stab III / JG11, Oldenburg 1944. ( I know, it's a A - 6 version , but perhaps it does not matter too much. )

a16001a---b.jpg?ver=0Viewer2015-01-0415-20-03-90.jpg?ver=0

Download:

http://uloz.to/x24rn6Zv/toni-hackl-7z

Link contains booth ,Hk/nHK version

• Upvote 1

Historical skin of Leutnant Walter Nowotny, Staffelkapitan of 1/JG54 in the early spring of 1943, central Eastern front. Actually an A4 model, painted for the spring thaw.

Nowotny_Spring1_zps22edf1ae.png

Nowotny_Spring2_zps287ffb52.png

Nowotny_Spring3_zps093a8079.png

Downolad link for skin with no Hakenkruz;

Download historical skin;

As suggested in the original developers thread for historical skins, here is the aircraft of Unteroffizier Oskar Romm of JG51. This FW190/A3 was flown from Nikolskoye, Soviet Union in September and October 1942 where he achieved limited success on his way to winning the Ritterkreuz.

FW190JG51_1_zpsc9724249.png

Don't ask how I got this shot... I'm pretty sure it will never happen again....

FW190JG51_2_zpsfc47b2f8.png

FW190JG51_3_zps019d069f.png

FW190JG51_4_zps81159bc7.png

FW190JG51_5_zps9f70e2b6.png

FW190JG51_6_zps54901178.png

I would give this one a 9.75...

FW190JG51_7_zps39878b67.png

Download link for skin file with no Hakenkruz;

Historical skin download;

• Upvote 5

For those that cannot skin,i would like to take this opportunity to thank all those involved for their time and efforts placed on these projects.

God bless each and every one of you....

• Upvote 1

For those that cannot skin,i would like to take this opportunity to thank all those involved for their time and efforts placed on these projects.

God bless each and every one of you....

We do it for you brother. And we wouldn't have it any other way.

• Upvote 2

I have a little question.Why i can edit my post only a few minutes after sending,and not after a few hours ?

The Devs introduced it to prevent people editing reported posts after the fact. It has its pros and cons.

The Devs introduced it to prevent people editing reported posts after the fact. It has its pros and cons.

OK. Although not quite understand it, but I accept the rules.

OK. Although not quite understand it, but I accept the rules.

Because of this>

A: I read that 1+1=3,not 2!

B: haha,you are wrong,as 1+1=2!

A:...(sees he is wrong and edits his post)...I never wrote that 1+1=3!

B:Yes you did,I saw it there few hours ago...wait a sec...it is not there like that anymore...You had to edit it you #$%@!.

A:No I didnt,you &*()^%

:biggrin:

• Upvote 1

My IAR-81 wannabe Foke. :biggrin:

Download links:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5o2b1bkook7t3rc/FW190a3_bambi.dds

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2ibi00v8gandzb1/fw190a3_bambi_mate.dds    (mate version, darker alpha)

I was aiming to get this look:

Image_8.png
photo uploading websites

2015_1_6_4_47_0.png
free photo hosting

2015_1_6_4_16_45.png

image post

2015_1_6_16_57_59.png

I played a bit with the alpha layer to get less reflexivity, so I uploaded both versions. You can clearly see in this shot there's less reflection on the wings with the darker alpha:

2015_1_6_16_53_46.png

how to screen capture

2015_1_6_16_53_41.png
free photo upload

Edited by Jaws2002
  • Upvote 4

thx. :)

I have a bunch of stuf for the IAR already done, hoping they'll model it at some point.

All that colorful trim from the IAR-81 markings looks really good on FW190. True wolf in sheep clothing. evillaugh_zpse3a3f2fa.gif

I updated the markings a bit. added more white trim around the crosses. Looks better now. The links are the same, If you downloaded the skins, you can redownload them from the same link.

2015_1_6_22_27_1.png

2015_1_6_22_50_24.png

gif image hosting

Edited by Jaws2002
  • Upvote 2

FW 190 A3/U3 "Black 3" from 14.(Jabo)JG/5. 

This plane operated from Petsamo in northern Finland against Russian shipping in the Barents Sea west of Murmansk. The Jabos of JG5 specialized in dropping 500 kg bombs on the Russian ships and achieved significant success,

Black-3_zps1afeecce.jpg

On 5 October 1943, Unteroffizier Hans Gunther Kleemann bailed out of Black 3 after getting lost and running out of fuel. The crashed airplane was recovered in 1984 and sent to the United States for restoration. It eventually made it's way back to Norway for final restoration and now sits in the Norwegian Aviation Museum. It is one of only a few surviving A3's in the world.

Focke-Wulf-WEB_flyside-980x475.jpg

My skin....

FW190-JG5_1_zps80e0d16e.jpg

FW190-JG5_3_zpsf856e78c.jpg

FW190-JG5_2_zpsba8b262d.jpg

FW190-JG5_4_zpsc4d98e49.jpg

FW190-JG5_5_zpsecb87033.jpg

Download skin file with no Hakenkruz;

Download historical skin;

• Upvote 3

You emblem is backwards on the starboard side.

Thanks for catching that!

Uploaded skin files for 14.(Jabo)JG/5 Black 3 above have now been corrected with yellow wing tips, 1/3 black spinner and port insignia facing forward. Previous update post deleted

JG5_Black3_zps2cee277b.jpg

Edited by Jaegermeister
  • Upvote 3

FW 190 A3 of I/JG51 flying off the frozen surface of Lake Ivan defending againts Soviet fighters over the Rzhev - Vyazma front. This aircraft was part of the Stabschwarm of I/JG51 although I have not been able to identify the particular officer from these markings.

Reference photo;

190A3-Stab-IJG51_zpsf5e03faa.jpg

The skin;

JG51-Winter-1_zpsedaa2ed5.jpg

JG51-Winter-7_zpse7e82c36.jpg

JG51-Winter-6_zpsbf12eee3.jpg

JG51-Winter-9_zpsa2a6f964.jpg

JG51-Winter-8_zps2b2457c5.jpg

Download link without Hakenkruz;

Downlink for historical skin;

• Upvote 1

Nice. But, on the photograph, the fuselage yellow band is larger than the black cross.

Edited by Pierre64

So it is... and the same on the one behind it too. It looks like the cross was moved aft from how much yellow is on the rear of the canopy. I'll have to work on that tomorrow.

Note that the spinner is dark too...while the other AC in the background has a white spinner --- just in case you are intending to make a faithful copy

Note that the spinner is dark too...while the other AC in the background has a white spinner --- just in case you are intending to make a faithful copy

Thanks, I caught that as well. I have already uploaded a revised file. I also fixed the yellow underside of the wingtips that according to a reference i found includes the ailerons, moved the tail insignia a bit and worked on the alpha layer so the exhaust stains and wear areas are non reflective. You guys don't miss a trick. :)

Stab-IJG51_1_zps654d4675.jpg

Based on number of downloads, people seem much more interested in winter skins, just FYI

• Upvote 7

Hi I have a questio for BP_Iceman ( you are a very good skinner ) :cool:  but is possible to have another link for download as mediafire because I'm no able to get the files...

Bye Ivo   :drinks:

Hi I have a questio for BP_Iceman ( you are a very good skinner ) :cool:  but is possible to have another link for download as mediafire because I'm no able to get the files...

Bye Ivo   :drinks:

Have you problem with CAPTCHA codes , or any other problem?  Later i try make a account on Mediafire-

Ok i try  make my account on mediafire , and there is pack of all my Fw-190 skin.Please let me know if everything is okay or not. And if skins are functioning properly. If yes, make changes even my other skins and I will continue to use already this server. thanks

Fw-190 pack downloadd:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9y20aah9w9158tx/Fw-190.7z

Ive already posted this skin on russian forum, however skin upload link is now broken so i decided to reupload and share it with non-russian community.

Skin pattern represents FW 190 A-6 W.Nr 550 476 'White 11 + ' of Lt. Georg Schott of 1./J.G. 1, September 1943

http://www.filedropper.com/fw190a3550476

Warning - swastika under spoiler

55xw56u.jpg?1

PGHCE54.jpg?1

4tyMkA2.jpg?1

Rlqmz0C.jpg?1

Edited by Tierprot
  • Upvote 5