snowsnipersnow_sniper

HD printable Map for NAV over Stalingrad

Here is my Sunday Work !

Hope it will help. 

Original file is to big ( 13,75 mo ) to post here. 4824x2904   so here is the link  :http://bgyckkunzz.1fichier.com/

The pics here is not original side, just some preview

each red square is 10km

all Towns turned in black for better spotting  :salute:

a part of this Map here :

post-23169-0-36653200-1405269010.png

the complete Map (not original side see link up )

post-23169-0-85477200-1405268514.png

post-23169-0-85477200-1405268514_thumb.png

post-23169-0-36653200-1405269010_thumb.png

Edited by snowsnipersnow_sniper
  • Upvote 22

I've just made a 45mn trip on the map, flying under clouds in lagg3

landing at the point i come from thanks to this map !

very confortable to have this map just between my keyboard and screen !

very usefull object to spot : isle in river, big forest, sometimes roads crossing can help or confirm position, main big  city form, and of course airfield near very usefull and fun to nav with. but anyway you must always take care of you heading course

Very difficult to nav for bombers if they're flying highter than clouds. maybe in that case you must calculate your theorique position, with speed and One Square on the map is 10 km. But anyway if there is a cloud on the target ... can't spot and confirm right position for bombing. 

That's an awesome project, thanks for your work! I like the way you processed the original map, the highlighting and the grid make it much easier to read.

I have just printed this... does this make me a weirdo? :)

Awesome !!!    just printed  Gonna go get these laminated tomorrow

I have just printed this... does this make me a weirdo? :)

Not as weird as my Vis Recce poster I keep above my simpit.  Gotta know what a FW looks like at 3 different angles

Nice map!!! In the orientation of the map is straight up north?

Actually found my answer found a map online with a compass and map point north. Thanks

Edited by Brewnix

Hey Pteradon !  It's very honorific for me !  : you gives me your first post in this Forum.

Welcome onboard....    !!

:lol:  :dance:  :salute:  

onboard, on board. ....

Well as i was writing this it make me think about board games, as i used to edit home made boardgames in the past ... What about a litle tiny aircraft to put on this map, showing position, and objectifs with little flaps ... Unfortunatly you give me a new idea to create something ....  ;)  :coffee:    :good:

Thank you for the welcome.   :thank_you:

I'm looking forward for your next creation. :pilot:

Hey Pteradon !  It's very honorific for me !  : you gives me your first post in this Forum.

Welcome onboard....    !!

:lol:  :dance:  :salute:  

onboard, on board. ....

Well as i was writing this it make me think about board games, as i used to edit home made boardgames in the past ... What about a litle tiny aircraft to put on this map, showing position, and objectifs with little flaps ... Unfortunatly you give me a new idea to create something ....  ;)  :coffee:    :good:

UPDATE HERE

1) original Size complete Map with airfield names update

post-23169-0-26585100-1408525592.png

http://3akrnu6vj7.1fichier.com/

can be used on a second monitor or on a Pad too.

2) Pack of 3 pics ready to print cut &glue in A3format

( read the readme for printing configuration )

http://zwt8j7g6s5.1fichier.com/

3) pdf ready to print on A3 ( less quality )

PackA3pdfStalingradmapwithnames.pdf

thanks to Mig for all airfield names

alternativ map (bigger) from Mig here : http://www.fichier-rar.fr/2014/08/19/carte-bos/

can be used on a second monitor or on a Pad too.

• Upvote 3

The one I like best is the one with the grid, made by snowsniper. The grid allows me to do dead reckoning easily, without having to use a ruler.

Question:

For MP purpose, would it make sense to name the 10x10 km squares? A-Z vertical, 1-40 or so horizontally. Could be used for vectoring when on Teamspeak. What do you all think?

Zeus post a 47mo Stalingrad map nice far better than mine. the same as in QMB since last patch.

It has a grid too i think wirh 10km / square.

I can do it on mine but, the question is wich one to use for beginning.

Zeus's

Mig's

or mine's ?

I see. Also, I just got the latest update downloaded and noticed that it has a grid as well now. I guess that's what everybody is going to use.

On Zeus map, the grid is not the same as in game's map. In games map is cleaver in my mind. 

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/9727-developer-diary-part-76/?p=152407

you said "A-Z vertical, 1-40 or so horizontally" ( like in Clod ) ?

In my mind, Zeus map + with the in game grid reference + darkening towns for better spotting should be ideal nav Map.

On Zeus map, the grid is not the same as in game's map. In games map is cleaver in my mind.

Hm. I make it from the ingame files :) How it could be "not same as in game`s map"? :)

You're right Zeus  it's the same. sorry

I really like the old paper look of the new QMB and ingame map ! great !  .maybe mine gives dev the idea ? i would love to think so !   ;-) .. but I have a question

In a Coop game,  or teamspeak, your friend  tell you, for example,   go on "313.6" for a "rendez vous"  how can you quickly find your way ?

numbers don't seem to follow themself logically vertically or horizontally  like a A-Z  / 1-50 map ?

it follows each other from right to left but not from up to down. ?

1 to 9 corner is a great idea.

Do you think it could be possible, to grab it as a jpg file in PM, to tweek it a bit, (only for Fanboy printing use),  without copyright problem ?

I would love to darken a bit contrast on town for better spotting. And use true historical map true color.

finally, as many people trully said, CONGRATULATION for your great team work on last update, for the great Map you give us. it looks amazing and photorealistic.

Trees are very very good with those nice clouds. Your Team will become a FAMOUS official team Modder !

:good:

post-23169-0-80175700-1409075998_thumb.png

Edited by snowsnipersnow_sniper
  • Upvote 1

Do you think it could be possible, to grab it as a jpg file in PM, to tweek it a bit, (only for Fanboy printing use), without copyright problem ?

Here link on 15Mb JPG-file. Add same more contrast and little sparp.

• Upvote 2

Wish I could figure out how to print this on the plotter at work.  I print PDF and DWG files all the time but can't figure out how to get it to print the PNG file right.

Personally I'm hoping to find something like this in a 1:250,000 or a 1:500,000.

Stalingrad1941-full.gif

Or this in a 300 DPI version:

If anyone knows where we can find the next maps in this series (to the left) that would be an awesome find.

Stalingrad4.jpg