Jump to content

Game version 4.605 discussion: AQM, Breguet 14.B2 and various improvements


Han
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 1CGS
1 minute ago, Han said:

Dear Friends,

We just released the 4.605 update. The changelist is not as long as usual, but one of the additions is very important for all who prefer single player - Advanced Quick Mission Generator.

................................
In addition, we added another airplane to Flying Circus Vol.II Early Access program - two-seater bomber Breguet XIV.B2.

................................
There are many other additions as well: light tracers were made more visible by increasing their brightness keeping all their enhancements made in the previous update, various graphical effects were improved, certain AI routines important for scenario missions were improved as well. The full 4.605 changelist follows:

................................

 

News on 4.605 update, full text

You can ask new questions in this thread

  • Like 22
  • Thanks 19
  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

NoelGallagher

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Link to comment
Share on other sites

sevenless

Yipeeeh 🙂

 

26. Changed the probability of randomly selected allied and enemy squadrons in the Career mode which should increase the variability of different types of aircraft in a mission.

 

Very good!

Edited by sevenless
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Han pinned this topic

Nice!

:good:

 

 

Hmm the size of my download keeps growing as it is downloading, up to 6.25 GB showing now downloading.

Edited by dburne
Link to comment
Share on other sites

LeLv30_Redwing

Great news again! Will old tracks be usable after updating (do I dare close the game)?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok something may be amiss. Mine is still downloading whilst the size of the download continues to grow,

Now stating overall size 9.55 GB and still growing.

Wondering if I should cancel this..

 

Edit: Ok it is installing now, finished around 11.2 GB downloaded I think.

Edited by dburne
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lord_Strange

Looking forward to testing the AQMB and very happy to see the Breguet finally. One of my favourites from the Rise of Flight days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

silvergun

@Han

 

Nice work and thanks for update.

 

But in the new "Advanced Quick Mission Generator" on Kuban map (all seasons) is not possible chose de Bf 109 G-6 (regular one, not Late), is omitted, any reason for this?

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just built and flew a mission with the AQMB, very nice work! Great job team.

 

For those who don't know how to access the AQMB, click on "Quick Mission" on the main menu, then select one of the new icons on the air bases. That will bring up the mission generation.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 6
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

JG_deserteagle540

The AQMG will be a much appreciated tool for the sp community. Thanks devs.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20. A-20 and B-25 bombers: if the country is set to US the mission, the commander (and the assistant on B-25) now has a unique, historically more correct model. This new model includes combat-worn body armor and helmet; 

 

B-25 soon flyable?:good:

 

S!

JLean 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

JG4_Widukind

Thanks for Update !

 

Please fix Fw190 A6 Bomb Mode, and Fw190 A8 Wing Bomb Mode.(All details on our Forum since Months)

Please look for Headshoots in Fw190 ...there are many since last Patches.

 

Good work and Salut !

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

IV./JG51-P_Mainz

Does anyone have before/after shots of the Fw 190 cockpit update?

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

US28_Baer

Can someone please explain this?

Made less resistant,  or more resistant. Choose carefully, there's only 1 right answer here. 

 

13. Fokker D.VII and Fokker D.VIIF airframe resistance to enemy fire corrected to reflect its construction;

 

 

Edited by US28_Baer
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, dburne said:

Ok something may be amiss. Mine is still downloading whilst the size of the download continues to grow,

Now stating overall size 9.55 GB and still growing.

Wondering if I should cancel this..

 

Edit: Ok it is installing now, finished around 11.2 GB downloaded I think.

 

Patience is your friend... and a virtue.

 

 

10 minutes ago, IV./JG51-P_Mainz said:

Does anyone have before/after shots of the Fw 190 cockpit update?

 

Hi, there is a topic about cockpit MOD done by @Oyster_KAI. Have a look there and you will see,
what he changed/altered with according pictures.

Edited by THERION
Link to comment
Share on other sites

sevenless
24 minutes ago, silvergun said:

@Han

 

But in the new "Advanced Quick Mission Generator" on Kuban map (all seasons) is not possible chose de Bf 109 G-6 (regular one, not Late), is omitted, any reason for this?

 

Same with Yak-9 and Yak-9T. I guess they will be intergrated at a later time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

NoelGallagher

fisrt of all thx for the implement of great feature dev's

 

i just finished to test AQMB 

and it looks GREAT!!! 

but i have encountered with massive stuttering issue

i've never experienced this even with heavy loaded mission in il-2 GB

 

also this AQMB feature might bring TC single player in to life

plz consider to implement this to TC it might patch up the lack of career mode

thank you

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

SCG_motoadve
23 minutes ago, JG4_Widukind said:

Please look for Headshoots in Fw190 ...there are many since last Patches.

 

+1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Otto_bann

[quote]...4. Projectile tracers brightness increased slightly...[/quote]

 

Sad news. By daylight (sunny weather), tracers had already too much brightness : visible from too long distance. It was absolutely not realistic already. I'm afraid it will be worst now.

Edited by Otto_bann
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22. Fixed an issue where AI fighters were endlessly chasing a fleeing target;

 

Oh sweet Jesus, thank you! :clapping:

 

And thanks so much for this patch/addition and continued support! Looks great guys! Thank you and have a great day. 

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1CGS
Jason_Williams
8 minutes ago, Otto_bann said:

[quote]...4. Projectile tracers brightness increased slightly...[/quote]

 

Sad news. By daylight (sunny weather), tracers had already too much brightness : visible from too long distance. It was absolutely not realistic already. I'm afraid it will be worst now.

 

Was tuned to be more visible from the cockpit. Han did not fully explain.

 

Jason

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 8
  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Voidhunger
46 minutes ago, NoelGallagher said:

also this AQMB feature might bring TC single player in to life

plz consider to implement this to TC it might patch up the lack of career mode

thank you

its not designed also for TC? pfff :(

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very nice update.

4. Projectile tracers brightness increased slightly;
5. Ricochets happen at reduced hit angles;
6. Additional improvements were made to the effects of aircraft explosions when hitting the ground;

I'm glad these were addressed and I hope for more tweaks to hit effects. I would love to see something more true to real combat footage. Especially for .50cals and other MG's that are using AP and API ammo. I hope we will see small flashes and while smoke clouds instead current big yellow sparks and the long standing black thick clouds with fire effect that appear for almost every projectile.

Also would love to see updates to sound design. I feel like some gunsounds (.50cals and other MGs mainly) and lots of impact sounds need more samples and to be reworked to feel more viceral and violent and I don't mean louder just more of a sudden bangs and dings (getting hit by cannon and MG fire should sound different and damage when belly landing there should be more samples of the plane bouncing etc.)

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1CGS
Jason_Williams
3 minutes ago, Solty said:

Very nice update.

4. Projectile tracers brightness increased slightly;
5. Ricochets happen at reduced hit angles;
6. Additional improvements were made to the effects of aircraft explosions when hitting the ground;

I'm glad these were addressed and I hope for more tweaks to hit effects. I would love to see something more true to real combat footage. Especially for .50cals and other MG's that are using AP and API ammo. I hope we will see small flashes and while smoke clouds instead current big yellow sparks and the long standing black thick clouds with fire effect that appear for almost every projectile.

 

We've already made such changes to the .50s hit effects. Please don't post videos in this thread that have nothing to do with this update.

 

Jason

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

NoelGallagher
23 minutes ago, Voidhunger said:

its not designed also for TC? pfff :(

it was a bit of let down 

50% of my hype for this update was there

i'm pretty sure they will bring it in to TC too soon

26 minutes ago, Solty said:

Also would love to see updates to sound design. I feel like some gunsounds (.50cals and other MGs mainly) and lots of impact sounds need more samples and to be reworked to feel more viceral and violent and I don't mean louder just more of a sudden bangs and dings (getting hit by cannon and MG fire should sound different and damage when belly landing there should be more samples of the plane bouncing etc.)

YES i'd love to see the update on gun sound

especially on 50.cal from inside of the cockpit and also more whooping sound for 20mm cannons

  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

CUJO_1970

AQMG is a huge addition to the sim. Really looking forward to testing it out.

Edited by CUJO_1970
  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What a wonderful thing to wake up to, download and instal....now I just need to work for the next 9 hours before giving it a go 🤪

Link to comment
Share on other sites

US93_Larner

Good to see the WW1 DMs being examined. 

Just a FYI  -  both SPAD VIIs (180hp / 150hp)  still have a pretty severe flutter speed bug. It's been reported with tracks et al. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

S10JlAbraxis

Thanks!  These are great improvments!

 

"Fixed an issue where AI fighters were endlessly chasing a fleeing target

 Fixed an issue where only the leader of a group of landing AI planes defended against enemy planes

 Changed the probability of randomly selected allied and enemy squadrons in the Career mode which should increase the variability of different types of aircraft in a mission"

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, IV./JG51-P_Mainz said:

Does anyone have before/after shots of the Fw 190 cockpit update?

 

These changes this time are an improvement to the throttle and leather padding textures.

1 hour ago, US28_Baer said:

Can someone please explain this?

Made less resistant,  or more resistant. Choose carefully, there's only 1 right answer here. 

 

13. Fokker D.VII and Fokker D.VIIF airframe resistance to enemy fire corrected to reflect its construction;

 

Less

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Voidhunger

I have expected more than just only 6 bombers escorted by 4 fighters, when i set intercept bombers mission. (max aircraft density)

Even some user made singleplayer mission can handle more then 12 planes and the game is smooth.

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mysticpuma

Haven't had a chance to load the AQMB but one question I would love to know the answer to;  Is it possible to have a mission where you have yourself and 3 other members of the same flight.... and you can change individual aircraft skins for each aircraft? I only ask as currently in the QMB if you choose a custom skin the entire flight have the same skin 😭

  • Upvote 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

ZachariasX

Great job guys! And thanks for putting that effort into the FC modules. They are so much fun. It's nice to see them prosper. :salute:

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...