Developer Diary 277 - Discussion

Jason_Williams

• 1CGS
Jason_Williams

Dear Pilots,

Good news on all fronts this week as we continue our march towards completion of Battle of Normandy and ramp up work on Flying Circus II. We hope to have some pics of the first FCII plane, the Nieuport 28 soon for you, but today we’ll stick to WWII.

As you already know, We have several aircraft in development and the closest, actually very close, to completion is the Spitfire Mk.XIV which is currently in beta testing. Below are a few pics. This plane is a beast with its Griffon engine and shooting down Doodlebugs with it is going to be a blast. Speaking of Buzz Bombs, our V-1 is going to be treated just like an aircraft. It will have a detailed damage model, so you can damage parts of it like the wings, the pulse-jet engine, the warhead (boom!) or if you’re talented enough tip it over with your wing! More on the V-1 as we develop it this summer.  

Spit_Mk_XIV_01.thumb.jpg.3d37cc07795f02d9c2282fde01288438.jpg Spit_Mk_XIV_02.thumb.jpg.9a1ae6f636b37e804936608286f7fd8f.jpg Spit_Mk_XIV_03.thumb.jpg.2d1a89605dcd460dd5c587d72ec8ad20.jpg Spit_Mk_XIV_04.thumb.jpg.530679551a19619233259087c1b7d7f2.jpg

Full News Here...

Jason

• Like 15
  • Thanks 18
  • Upvote 7

BladeMeister

Everything is looking good. Onward and Upward!

S!Blade<><

This is already brilliant and just keeps getting better and better! Thanks for the update.

ITAF_Rani

Thanks for developing italian pilot Jason...hoping he will ride more italian planes in this great Sim

😉

• Like 3
  • Upvote 13

=gRiJ=Roman-

Excellent!!

Really exciting news on many different fronts!

I know WHO is going to be very happy about the Bf109 Tail Fix!!!! :crazy:

We really need more Italian planes in the sim, the Axis is basically one side right now! Germany needs some help from Italy and Japan!

An expansion in the Med would be awesome and we all know that MALTA is the right one because you can kill many birds with one stone ... torpedoes, carrier operations, Italian planes, ships of all kinds, convoy scenarios, aeronaval warfare etc in short, it is the perfect step before the Pacific if .... needed!

Edited by =gRiJ=Roman-
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 13

Cybermat47

The new skins look great, especially the C.202 ones and the French Ju-88! Great work @ICDP. I recently picked up Osprey Publishing’s Italian Aces of WWII to help with making new CloD content, and a lot of the new C.202 skins look even better than the profiles in that book. 

@Jason_Williams, to answer your question about Me-410s and Mosquitos fighting each other, apparently the top Allied night fighter ace, Branse Burbridge, shot down an Me-410 while flying a Mosquito for his 5th victory: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Branse_Burbridge

Someone should definitely set up a dogfight server with nothing but 110s, 410s, and Mossies once they’re all available 😄

• Upvote 3

Frogface

Man, this is a great DD! You guys are doing such a great job with all of these new additions!

• Upvote 1

=FEW=Hauggy

I'm pretty sure the German response to the Moskito would be the Focke Wulf Ta 154.

Glad to finally have a clear explanation and a fix for the good old 109 "blackhole" issue, this is a true relief.

I just cannot wait for the "everything exept the glorious 109 is OP" threads xD

The upcoming changes look great!

Keep it up Team!

• Upvote 2

Great update, and fantastic news about the 109's tail being fixed 😄

LR.TheRedPanda

This simulator just keeps getting better!

Good Work Jason and Team👍

tenor (4).gif

• Upvote 3

JG51_Beazil

What a great update.  Soo many things to take in.  The tail fix will hopefully please everyone.  The new spit looks formidable and I bet it's a blast to fly, but I'm giddy to fly the 410.

• Upvote 3

Enigma89

A lot of 4 letter memes are going to be coming with those visual tactical codes and I look forward to it

• Haha 5
  • Upvote 3

6FG_Big_Al

Wow this is truly stunning and I don't know what to start with 😄

Nieuport on the way? awesome

Spit Mk XIV almost ready? OMG even more awesome !!!!

long awaited tail fix for the 109 series? you can't be serious!!!!

WIP  pictures of the Me-410 & Arado? I love you guys!

And to this as the cherry on the top some nice insights how the tactical Markings will work 😄

Thank you Il-2 team! You made my day!

Bremspropeller
6 minutes ago, Enigma89 said:

A lot of 4 letter memes are going to be coming with those visual tactical codes and I look forward to it

Mine will be WC+NT.

• Haha 2

Lord_Strange

Even for a WIP, the tactical code UI looks very good, simple but customisable. Glad to see the Spit nearly ready too - I'm thinking it will release alongside the AA truck in the next update?

• Upvote 1

Vortice
5 minutes ago, Bremspropeller said:

Mine will be WC+NT.

There will be considerable scope for joyous profanity methinks.

ww2fighter20

Great Devblog, especially love the posters.

With the Ju88 and Mc202 receiving 4K this means all Battle of Moscow planes will have 4K.

Now it's only an few collector aircraft and an few from Kuban left.

OMG the 410...the prime reason I bought BoN so quickly.....You've given me a happy Friday Jason

Cheers to you and the team :drinks:

• Like 1

6./ZG26_Custard

Wonder DD. Fantastic news about the 109 tail section issue and I'm also hoping that with the addition of an Italian pilot the next module could be Malta? Nudge, nudge, wink wink! :salute:

• Upvote 1

DBFlyguy

This was the most informative and detail filled DD I think I've ever seen to date, thanks Jason, its REALLY appreciated.  Glad to see the 109 tail has been rectified ... status on the XIV...first images of the 410 and 234 and those posters are man cave wall worthy!

THANK YOU

Don't look back in anger

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 3

Jaws2002

Great update. NOOP28 FTW. 🥰

I have a question for the development team.   When are you guys going to fix the massive performance crippling bug, that makes the new 6000 series AMD Cards weaker than the 5000 series, despite having twice the rendering power? 

Thank you.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

39 minutes ago, =gRiJ=Roman- said:

Excellent!!

Really exciting news on many different fronts!

I know WHO is going to be very happy about the Bf109 Tail Fix!!!! :crazy:

We really need more Italian planes in the sim, the Axis is basically one side right now! Germany needs some help from Italy and Japan!

An expansion in the Med would be awesome and we all know that MALTA is the right one because you can kill many birds with one stone ... torpedoes, carrier operations, Italian planes, ships of all kinds, convoy scenarios, aeronaval warfare etc in short, it is the perfect step before the Pacific if .... needed!

Not gonna lie. I'd pay double for that.

Danziger

Beautiful DD Jason! So much wonderful news and pictures packed into one post. Italian pilot will be awesome. Those new 4k skins look amazing. Those posters you made with the skins would be great to have on the website for product description. The new planes and codes look awesome. This series has really come a long way. It is nice to watch the progress.

WIS-Redcoat
13 minutes ago, ww2fighter20 said:

Great Devblog, especially love the posters.

With the Ju88 and Mc202 receiving 4K this means all Battle of Moscow planes will have 4K.

Now it's only an few collector aircraft and an few from Kuban left.

The Ju52 must be coming.  I am very excited about that.

• Upvote 1

RedKestrel

Any chance we could get similar posters for other 4K aircraft? 

Would love to have a high-res wallpaper of Jugs.

EDIT: I mean P-47s, you perverts.

• Haha 7
  • Upvote 2

An excellent update, and it is nice to hear that the temporary 109 tail-fix has now been properly looked at and amended.

I thought that the Typhoon may have been closer to release than the Mk XIV, but the latter is just as exciting with that Griffon engine.

Uufflakke
2 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:

Any chance we could get similar posters for other 4K aircraft? 

It is mentioned in today's DD:

"Finally, in the next update we will include 4K skins for the Mc.202 and Ju 88 A-4 made by our talented partner Martin “ICDP” Catney. To celebrate this, I have made these interesting posters showing these new skins side by side. They make quite a colorful display. We hope to do this kind of graphic for all our aircraft eventually."

• Thanks 1

RedKestrel
Just now, Uufflakke said:

It is mentioned in today's DD:

"Finally, in the next update we will include 4K skins for the Mc.202 and Ju 88 A-4 made by our talented partner Martin “ICDP” Catney. To celebrate this, I have made these interesting posters showing these new skins side by side. They make quite a colorful display. We hope to do this kind of graphic for all our aircraft eventually."

That's what I get for skimming!

• Like 1

JG_deserteagle540

Great news! Very good to hear that the concrete 109 tail is fixed! The LW is Don't Curse Please in their pants once the spitfire XIV is roaming the skies.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:

That's what I get for skimming!

Had jugs on the brain and I'm not talking about planes 😆

ww2fighter20

Looking again to the liveries from the MC.202 it makes me want to see more italian birds.

An MC.200 could already be made as an collector since they were used in Moscow and Stalingrad.

Other aircraft could appear in an Italy 1943 module like the G.55 one of the Re's/MC205/SM.79/enz

• Like 3
  • Upvote 10

352ndOscar

I’ll reserve opinion on the 109 fix until I see it in game.  Very skeptical at this point......

We definitely need the “Tracking Codes” for tanks!

• Upvote 2

BiggusDickus

Sounds like we'll be seeing the (released) Spit Mk XIV within the next couple of weeks...  Oh goody!

• Jason_Williams unpinned this topic