THE FALL OF VELIKIE LUKI - SP Scripted Campaign [Hurricane Mk.II]

Announcing the free campaign for the Hawker Hurricane Mk.II: The Fall of Velikie Luki.

This fictional 12 mission campaign will allow the players to fly in the newest collector plane over the the summer map of Velikie Luki.

Campaign.png.92b931cd471b56b0d24ce7293692256b.png

Required vehicles

Map:

• Velikie Luki Summer map (included for free with the game).

DOWNLOAD:

Pilot notes for Hurricane Mk II (get full notes here).

1584537617_Hurrinotes.thumb.png.b79a16cecb75c9979d4951cb30ef956a.png

Edited by Jade_Monkey
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 8
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm guessing because its new and cool....😎

It shouldn't come as a surprise either as those of us waiting on this new JM campaign knew we would get the campaign as soon as the GAZ was released.

So here we are!

Personally I'm really looking forward to seeing what JM has done with it. I've yet to play a JM campaign I didn't enjoy and the new truck is going to add some variety to the missions. 

Thanks again JM, will be trying this new campaign later today. I'm sure the wait will have been worth it. 👍

@Jade_MonkeyHey when you get some time now Newbie-Dad...(silently snickering..pooey nappies, milk vomit on you 😵 🤢...hahahaha! 🤣 )

could you omit the the Tonka Truck so we just get to play the Hurricane? Anyway thanks for this. 

Posted (edited)
On 4/26/2021 at 5:50 AM, FurphyForum said:

@Jade_MonkeyHey when you get some time now Newbie-Dad...(silently snickering..pooey nappies, milk vomit on you 😵 🤢...hahahaha! 🤣 )

could you omit the the Tonka Truck so we just get to play the Hurricane? Anyway thanks for this. 

I guess you can do that just by deleting mission "05" from the files. Give it a shot.

Edited by Jade_Monkey
  • Upvote 1

Really enjoy it after the 3 first missions. It actually feels like I fly over an area thats bussy with planes, trucks and men doing their part and not just a dead landscape 😁

History nerd question: the bosted 14lbs engin is selected, isnt that a 1943 thing? (This campagin takes place mid 41) I just ask because I really like to learn the history of every litle detail in our planes 😄

• Thanks 1

First production Merlin XX was in July 1940. Brooklands Museum has one from a Hurricane that crashed in Russia in May 1942 so I'm happy to use it in this campaign.

JM, the word aerostat wasn't in common use in WW2 - it still isn't. If you ever do a revision to the campaign, then the description in the Prologue mission would read better if it was substituted with 'balloon(s)'.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Hi, thanks for the efforts making a new campaign for one of the new planes.
What types of ammunition do we use in most of the missions? I tried flying this plane in quick mission with default ammunition and I could not hit anything.
But I am happy that the missions has the better engine upgrade.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Zeev said:

What types of ammunition do we use in most of the missions?

Why don't you try it and see for yourself?

Edited by 216th_Cat
On 4/27/2021 at 6:50 PM, Zeev said:

Hi, thanks for the efforts making a new campaign for one of the new planes.
What types of ammunition do we use in most of the missions? I tried flying this plane in quick mission with default ammunition and I could not hit anything.
But I am happy that the missions has the better engine upgrade.

for the Hurricane i like the extra 303 guns

@Jade_Monkey, Thanks for this campaign. It convinced me to buy the GAZ. Not sure how to handle it (is there a tutorial for vehicles ?), but I love the Hurri (This kite, I know how to handle 🙃)

• Thanks 1

I also bought the GAZ to support the devs and to fly this campaign without having to modify things manually. Looking forward to starting after finishing (finally) Wind of Fury (which is a great campaign!). Thank you for your continuous contribution to the community!

• Thanks 1

Hi JM,

Thanks for this really interesting campaign - it really shows off all the best features of the Hurricane II.  One tiny issue that has come up - in Mission No.3 (the night transfer from St Toropa to Velikie Luki).  There do not appear to be any bonfires/flares marking the runway at St Toropa.  In the complete darkness I tried taking off by guesswork twice and twice crashed nito an aircraft/building.  In the end I let the AI take off for me!  Landing at Velikie Luki was OK as they had the runway lit up nicely.

I'm not sure if I missed something and should have done something - there's no mention of anything required to order the lighting up of the runway in the briefing?

Mike

PS - Congratulations - I hope you and your family are all well and enjoying the new addition to the family

• Thanks 1
On 4/27/2021 at 8:55 AM, Sandmarken said:

History nerd question: the bosted 14lbs engin is selected, isnt that a 1943 thing? (This campagin takes place mid 41) I just ask because I really like to learn the history of every litle detail in our planes 😄

I just added the 14lbs to not make it too underpowered against B109s. If you really want a challenge you can always customize your loadout, or change them in the Mission editor.

On 4/27/2021 at 10:39 AM, 216th_Cat said:

JM, the word aerostat wasn't in common use in WW2 - it still isn't. If you ever do a revision to the campaign, then the description in the Prologue mission would read better if it was substituted with 'balloon(s)'.

Will do. Thanks!

On 4/27/2021 at 12:50 PM, Zeev said:

With the exception of the first mission, the soviet loadout is used by default the rest of the campaign. 2*0.50 cals and 2*20mm.

On 5/1/2021 at 8:55 AM, alpenspion said:

Is there no frontline in the campaign? I´m in mission 2.

I believe the frontline shows up in mission 3. Before that the Germans were not in the area.

On 5/1/2021 at 10:51 AM, Mike2945 said:

Hi JM,

Thanks for this really interesting campaign - it really shows off all the best features of the Hurricane II.  One tiny issue that has come up - in Mission No.3 (the night transfer from St Toropa to Velikie Luki).  There do not appear to be any bonfires/flares marking the runway at St Toropa.  In the complete darkness I tried taking off by guesswork twice and twice crashed nito an aircraft/building.  In the end I let the AI take off for me!  Landing at Velikie Luki was OK as they had the runway lit up nicely.

I'm not sure if I missed something and should have done something - there's no mention of anything required to order the lighting up of the runway in the briefing?

Mike

PS - Congratulations - I hope you and your family are all well and enjoying the new addition to the family

I try to take into account interesting planes in my campaigns and showcase them a little bit.

I'll take a look at the bonfires and add that for the next release.

• Like 1

Hi. Thanks for your answer.
I have started the first mission, because graphics settings or something else, the grass loading was a bit off and I had an issue seeing where I should navigate to runway. At the end I have made a little circle clockwise but managed to place myself on the runway. Unfortunately, my wingmen did not react, and stayed in place.
After takeoff and arriving to first waypoint it did not switch and my wingmen did not takeoff.
Will try the mission again, just a little feedback, maybe we can adjust it to give command to AI to take off in case player took off? 

12 hours ago, Zeev said:

Hi. Thanks for your answer.
I have started the first mission, because graphics settings or something else, the grass loading was a bit off and I had an issue seeing where I should navigate to runway. At the end I have made a little circle clockwise but managed to place myself on the runway. Unfortunately, my wingmen did not react, and stayed in place.
After takeoff and arriving to first waypoint it did not switch and my wingmen did not takeoff.
Will try the mission again, just a little feedback, maybe we can adjust it to give command to AI to take off in case player took off? 

I'll check again but they should start taxiing as soon as you start taxiing to the right.

• Thanks 1

Thank you very much for this , really appreciated.:cool:

I am a few missions in but also experienced the issue reported for the first mission, I was at the start of the runway and the flight had not followed, I just adjusted my Hurricane to be a bit closer to them and they got the message and followed eventually.;)    The U-2 took off first so I figured that was there to show the take off run direction but was not sure what all the White humps were for, silly me, shows the approach.

This really is a lovely map.

Take care and be safe.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin: