[Soto Cinematics] 'Going Solo' series by Roald Dahl

Lemsip

Hello all

Here is my completed video series based on the book by Roald Dahl. The book covers some of Roald Dahl's experience as a fighter pilot mainly during the Greek Campaign in 1941, with some flying also done in the Western Desert and Syria and Palestine. Thanks for everyone who followed and supported my efforts with this series, it was great bringing this story to life!

Lemsip

Edit: Thanks @Raptorattacker for the great skin!: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/42650-raptorattackers-skinhouse/?do=findComment&comment=1026221

And thanks @Off_Winters for the awesome desert mod: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/66068-kuban-autumn-nth-africa-desert-beta-upload-updated-version-to-21-8-11-2020-desert-beta/

Survival added 12 April 2021

First Encounter with a Bandit added 3 December 2020.

The Ammunition Ship added 11 December 2020.

The Battle of Athens - The Twentieth of April added 16 January 2021

The Last Day But One added 4 February 2021

The Last Day But One Part 2 added 8 February 2021

The Argos Fiasco added 17 February 2021

Palestine and Syria, and Home added 21 April 2021

Edited by Lemsip
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 9

I just watched the first episode and it is really stunning 😄The narration feels on spot and ties wonderfully in with the shown scenes.

I'm really looking forward to see the next episode soon ;):salute:

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, 6FG_Big_Al said:

I just watched the first episode and it is really stunning 😄The narration feels on spot and ties wonderfully in with the shown scenes.

I'm really looking forward to see the next episode soon ;):salute:

Thankyou! I've been waiting to make this series for a long time, so I'm glad you liked it. Next episode will be out later next week.

To everyone else, I added Ep. 1, 'First Encounter with a Bandit'. Next episode will be out next week. Enjoy!

Edited by Lemsip
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, [_FLAPS_]Grim said:

Thats some great content!

5 hours ago, meplanes1969 said:

I really enjoy your vids keep up the great work 🤩

7 hours ago, tribal50 said:

👍

Thankyou all! Appreciate it.

Well done, excellent work.  The capabilities of this sim never ceases to amaze me, particularly in the hands of talented people like yourself!

Falcon

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lemsip said:

Thanks again Det!

I always enjoy your content, regardless of whether I'm new to it or now.

If you need any specific liveries done for your videos let me know. More than willing to help out.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DetCord12B said:

I always enjoy your content, regardless of whether I'm new to it or now.

If you need any specific liveries done for your videos let me know. More than willing to help out.

For sure, Ill definitely let you know in the future.

I was passing the bookshop today and decided to go in and pick up "going Solo" because of your vid, I love Hurricanes anyway but Roald Dahl telling his tales too? score.

Looking forward to the next vid ;)

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Melonfish said:

I was passing the bookshop today and decided to go in and pick up "going Solo" because of your vid, I love Hurricanes anyway but Roald Dahl telling his tales too? score.

Looking forward to the next vid ;)

That just made my day, thanks Melonfish.

• Like 1

twilson37

Another amazing episode, love these, thanks so much for your hard work in bringing this story to life.

One more time, nice and smart. I would say better and better 😉

Is it your voice ? Fits perfectly. Much more better than texts !

Edited by tribal50
  • Like 1

On 1/16/2021 at 9:12 PM, tribal50 said:

One more time, nice and smart. I would say better and better 😉

Is it your voice ? Fits perfectly. Much more better than texts !

Thanks Tribal, its not my voice it is taken from an audiobook. 

On 1/16/2021 at 3:06 AM, twilson37 said:

Another amazing episode, love these, thanks so much for your hard work in bringing this story to life.

Its my passion, thanks for your appreciation.

On 1/16/2021 at 3:49 AM, Furni said:

Thanks Lemsip brilliant as always, Going Solo - looks like I have another book to read 😀

I highly recommend it, very unique!

216th_Cat

Tremendous! A book I have re-read several times brought to life - well done and many thanks 👍.

🍻

• Like 1

Excellent stuff.  You could also do landing in the desert, crashing in the desert and the death of Pattle.

I don't know why, but it seems odd that someone so famous now should have been involved in such things. And at 6' 6" it must have been a tight squeeze.  Not built for a Spitfire.

von Tom

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Raptor341 said:

Any chance of making this a little campaign?

Probably not, as my mission making skills are not good enough

Episode 5 added, The Argos Fiasco. Enjoy guys, this is the last Going Solo video there will be for a while.

• Thanks 2

Episode 'Survival' added to OP. Moderators, please dont move this topic, as it is majority IL-2 GB!

Final video added. OP changed slightly aswell. This brings to an end my adaptation of Going Solo by Roald Dahl. Please enjoy!

How are you Lemsip,

I just watched all your 'Going Solo' videos. I haven't read Roald Dahl's book 'Going Solo' and I didn't realize where he served during WWII. I have a very close family connection with the North Africa, Greece, Crete campaign and I will privately tell you the amazing story one day of my relation.

Keep up the good work you are doing, bringing alive what really happened to real people during various aerial actions in WWII - IL2 Sturmovik 'Great Battles' is the best platform to achieve this, and it is getting better all the time.

DFLion

• Like 1

On 4/21/2021 at 5:48 PM, DFLion said:

How are you Lemsip,

I just watched all your 'Going Solo' videos. I haven't read Roald Dahl's book 'Going Solo' and I didn't realize where he served during WWII. I have a very close family connection with the North Africa, Greece, Crete campaign and I will privately tell you the amazing story one day of my relation.

Keep up the good work you are doing, bringing alive what really happened to real people during various aerial actions in WWII - IL2 Sturmovik 'Great Battles' is the best platform to achieve this, and it is getting better all the time.

DFLion

Wow, I am intrigued now to hear that story. Thanks for watching!

76SQN-Brazo

I first read going solo as a kid and it had a huge impact on me, loved it. Love Roald Dahl! Indeed my PS3 ‘moniker’ was ‘dareslam’ in honour of his time in dar es salaam. 

Fantastic videos am enjoying working my way through them!

• Like 1

• Lemsip changed the title to [Soto Cinematics] 'Going Solo' series by Roald Dahl