2021-1-13-16-56-43.jpg

UPDATE----------------------⬇️

Edited by E69_julian57
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4
  • 3 weeks later...
6FG_JoBravo

Could anyone kindly tell me what font most of you seem to be using for the hurricane markings please ?

E69_julian57

Hello @8ELT_Grzesiek
The camouflage pattern I put is "A" because of the even numbering of the aircraft

The pattern "B" would be uneven numbering.
I think the profile has the error.

Patterns-jpg-8cc5b6c3d99ad684e5bfab7ddd3

Edited by E69_julian57
  • Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
E69_julian57
1 hour ago, imanuthep said:

cool skin Julian.... do you know wich unit and pilot flew this plane?

Sorry I don't speak Russian :)

technic

Hurricane flown by Captain  M. A. Efimov, 3rd Guard Aviation Fighter regiment of Baltic Fleet, zone Sinjavino, autumn  1942

• Thanks 2
  • 2 months later...
jollyjack
Posted (edited)

Hi Hurricane skinners. Did some one notice some erroneous skins packed in the GTP file?

The name ends with .........#1#1.dds usually, they're not in my graphics skins folder .. is something wrong with my installation?

Weird Hurrican factory skins.jpg

Edited by jollyjack
Beebop

Yeah.  It makes it a pain to figure out which "Official" skin is which.  It's just a guess in the ME.  I don't know why they couldn't just use the same name as in the Setup menu.

• 1 month later...

But will it fit the GB version?

Nevermind.  I just looked at our template and CloD skins won't fit.  Different map layout.

Edited by Beebop
24 minutes ago, Beebop said:

But will it fit the GB version?

Nevermind.  I just looked at our template and CloD skins won't fit.  Different map layout.

Yes I was just going to say the same thing, but it might inspire someone to tackle it?

Later today I'll post another colorful Hurri from CloD .Both have been around for a long time on CloD and its sort of a mystery to me why one on GB's talented skinners hasn't picked up on them? Stay tuned.😘

1 hour ago, Blitzen said:

Yes I was just going to say the same thing, but it might inspire someone to tackle it?

Later today I'll post another colorful Hurri from CloD .Both have been around for a long time on CloD and its sort of a mystery to me why one on GB's talented skinners hasn't picked up on them? Stay tuned.😘

I'm not all that talented but what about something like this;

CloD Red Hurri.jpg

I'm looking forward to your work...paraphrasing an old slang phrase: "Slip me some skin(s!)"

It does surprise me someone hasn't done these long ago?

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Blitzen said:

I'm looking forward to your work...paraphrasing an old slang phrase: "Slip me some skin(s!)"

It does surprise me someone hasn't done these long ago?

Thank you for your interest in my apprentice skinning skills.

Some skins are frowned upon.  My work with 262's hacking them into late '50s early 60's US jets has been called an abomination.

Hacks and non historical skins are considered by some a waste of time.  Me?  I love hacked skins so that you can fly planes we do not have like Japanese fighters and bombers.  And air racing a WWII sim is considered by some to be a perversion of the game.  Mind you WWII planes are still being flown in air races.  Go figure.  I learned more about engine management and trim from air racing than I ever learned by getting shot down over and over and over again.

It's just a game after all and it should be fun.

Mind you I truly appreciate the hard work that the premier skinners do here giving us authentic WWII liveries but all war and no what-if makes Jack a dull boy.

I should have both these skins ready this weekend and will post download links for them at that time.

I am looking forward to your work & with the new completely authentic flash skins I shall show the Jerrie Baddies where to get off!

a044a4ee60925081113eca965595c5cb.jpg

Here are your skins sir.

The Red scheme from Cliffs of Dover:

Download Here:  https://www.mediafire.com/file/e2x6b5gah6dfdyo/BBop_HurricaneMkII_CloD_Red.dds/file

The blue air racing scheme:

Download Here:  https://www.mediafire.com/file/q8qsdhnmr94wc77/BBop_HurricaneMkII_Blue_Racer.dds/file

(I seem to have forgotten how to post pics in the text body.)  😟

CloD Red Hurri.jpg

BBop_Blue Racer.jpg

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

Nice mate!... could I be cheeky and ask for the red one with a T on it?

Sure.  How many first born sons do you have?  🤣

Seriously, I'll try and get it to you over the weekend.

Is the weekend over?

Here you go.  I even gave you your own 'T' ID number.

It's midnight here and I need to get to bed.  I'll upload it tomorrow morning if it meets your approval.

Let me know.

Troopers Hurri.jpg

• Like 2
Missionbug

I love the two Hurricanes, great to have something a little different from all the camouflaged ones, thank you very much, really appreciated.:drinks:

Take care and be safe.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

• Thanks 1