Have any of the ReverbG2 pre-order buyers received their headsets yet?

32 minutes ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

Still nothing.

However I received a letter of apology and the promise for a cashback.

I'll have to wait till next week, but at least only paid 529,- for the G2.

I'd rather have paid 100 more and received it last month though! :))

If you ordered at HP store yesterday it would be delivered on December 3rd. Its out of stock now though.

HP has a new business concept called: Last in, first out. Also known as "screwing the pre order partners". 

Edited by 41Sqn_Skipper
  • Haha 1

I ordered one this morning, email says it's been despatched and will arrive tomorrow. I know it's going to bring my 1080Ti to its knees (pulling around 9.5 million pixels vs the Q2's 3.5 million) but if the visual improvement is all that I'll be upgrading the card as soon as one becomes available.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, J3Hetzer said:

I ordered one this morning, email says it's been despatched and will arrive tomorrow. I know it's going to bring my 1080Ti to its knees (pulling around 9.5 million pixels vs the Q2's 3.5 million) but if the visual improvement is all that I'll be upgrading the card as soon as one becomes available.

where in the world did you order from - I ordered in September & will be ( very hopefully delivered sometime this month...I hope!

3 hours ago, HunDread said:

Not bad. I ordered one on July 7 and my latest e-mail says I might get it next week if I am lucky.

I think HP has somewhat bungled up the ordering process, taking orders and shipping right away whilst some folks that pre-ordered are still waiting.

Thankfully I have mine and have been enjoying it a while now. Been gaming several hours a day in since getting it.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

:russian_ru:

Finally a good news, the first batch of Bestware preorders has arrived in the warehouse. Secretly I'm hoping for a miracle so that it gets delivered on Saturday, but of course Monday is more realistic.

Meanwhile, people who ordered 3 days ago on HP Germany Store ...

5vpcvvh13z261.png?width=1280&format=png&auto=webp&s=215df50813f39411df1d085719e35064085382d0

Have to say I’m a little worried with regards to delivery, I pre ordered mine back in August through SystenActive and just had a confirmation email nothing since.

I did get in touch with systemactive who couldn’t understand why I haven’t been kept up to date, they said all was good for delivery by the 10th Dec but in light of people ordering the G2 from HP now and getting it within a few days leaves me with some doubt and looking at the Systemactive site the info regarding preorder delivery has been removed.☹️☹️

You guys are lucky that the suppliers are talking to you. Here in Canada we had one shipment that was only distributed to people on the west coast. Some of those people had ordered as late as October and received a headset. No one has received a headset in Eastern Canada. There are rumors that the shipment destined for Eastern Canada was diverted to the US. There are also people who ordered as late as a few days ago through connection in the US, they had the headset shipped to a friend who then forwarded it up to Canada and they have it already. To add insult to injury, HP has not even offered Canadians the rebate that they did for European customers due to the delays and they refuse to comment on the status of our pre-orders and when we might expect to receive them.

I'm usually a pretty patient guy but it sure seems that HP could care less about honouring their commitments to distribute to the people who went in on preorders first.

1 hour ago, Furni said:

Have to say I’m a little worried with regards to delivery, I pre ordered mine back in August through SystenActive and just had a confirmation email nothing since.

I did get in touch with systemactive who couldn’t understand why I haven’t been kept up to date, they said all was good for delivery by the 10th Dec but in light of people ordering the G2 from HP now and getting it within a few days leaves me with some doubt and looking at the Systemactive site the info regarding preorder delivery has been removed.☹️☹️

I think you'll be OK with SystemActive, as they already seem to be shipping the "second" batch, i.e. orders after July.

I was a lucky one who ordered in July and received mine on Tuesday. It's very nice - I just wish real life would stop for a while, so I could really spend some quality time in VR! :)

24 minutes ago, SCG_Wulfe said:

I'm usually a pretty patient guy but it sure seems that HP could care less about honouring their commitments to distribute to the people who went in on preorders first.

Very much agree with you here. It's really bad that people with pre-orders have not had their orders fulfilled before retail orders are being taken, shipped and delivered.

The same thing has happened in the UK, albeit not as dire as your situation. Not good HP, not good.

Been in touch with SystemActive and they have said my order will be sent out on Monday. They also said that HP shouldn’t have put the G2 for sale until the pre orderers had been sorted and delivered. Apparently HP have now stopped the sale of them for now.

😀

4 minutes ago, Furni said:

Been in touch with SystemActive and they have said my order will be sent out on Monday. They also said that HP shouldn’t have put the G2 for sale until the pre orderers had been sorted and delivered. Apparently HP have now stopped the sale of them for now.

😀

By now they must be out of stock anyway 🙄

19 minutes ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

My G2 is finallly on its way, I have received the shipping number (Bestware, Germany).

The moment you realize that it's the only parcel service in Germany that doesn't work on Saturday, so it won't come tomorrow.

And then you check the shipping status and you realize that the package wasn't handed over to the parcel service yet, so technically it's not even on the way and might not even come on Monday.

I have been extremely pleased with the G2, have many hours in with it now.

Just finished a play through of Half Life Alyx on highest graphics settings with it and it handled that game great , tracking was good and image quality was fantastic.

Still my favorite "made for VR" game so far. IL-2 of course still number one overall.

• Like 1

They best get moving because they're rapidly running out of December.  Have diminishing hopes of seeing one before Christmas, even if they do manage to somehow get them shoved out, the carriers are pretty much overwhelmed this year, a few of the majors already dropped any promise on time delivery.

6 hours ago, unlikely_spider said:

Is nobody maintaining a spreadsheet on pre-order dates and delivery dates like the one that was (is?) kept for RTX 3080 notifications?

I got my G2 a couple of weeks ago. Pre-ordered in June I think.

https://reverb.danol.cz/shipping-statistics/

https://reverb.danol.cz/shipping-distributor-updates/

I´ve got a G2 since yesterday and am very happy with the headset. It´s my first VR headset and I mainly used it for IL2 and Google Earth VR in the past two days. The center of the image is super sharp, just like using a 1080p monitor. Howerver, the image gets somehow blurry if I keep my head straight and move my eyes to the edges. But I guess that´s normal for HMDs due to the use of fresnel lenses. I was able to try a Valve Index a couple of times and saw the same effect, even though I think I didnt recognize the bluriness towards the edges that much as I do now in the G2. But maybe that´s because the center is much clearer than in the Index.

The audio is great, I´m perfectly fine with volume set to 50/100 or 60/100. Someone here wrote (sorry, cant find it now) that 100/100 was still somehow too quiet. For me me 100/100 is above pain threshold.

I tested the controller tracking and was fine with it, even though if you want to break the tracking, you can easily do so. For those of you who also want to play shooters or similar games: It´s absolutely possible to break the tracking of the back controller if you hold the hp-logo at the front of the HMD and both controllers in a straight line. But shifting both controllers slightly to the right (the way one would hold a gun or bow or whatever, right shoulder and both controllers in a straight line) is already sufficient to get good tracking again. I guess the left cam at the front of the headset sees the back controller then.

As this is my first HMD, I´m suffering from motion sickness, but I hope I will get used to it in the next few weeks. At the moment I can fly about 20 min before my stomach turns upside down. Maybe I shouldn´t have started with Il2 right away 🤪What´s making me dizzy even more is some sort of horrible flickering that I see while a mission is being loaded. Do you see that to? Is there some way to get rid of it? At the moment I simply keep my eyes shut while a mission is being loaded. The flickering disappears as soon as the mission preparation map and plane configuration option are shown.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I deal with that flickering during mission load (both on my old Quest and on my new G2) by simply not putting on the headset until after the mission has loaded. The G2 is super easy to take on and off, even while wearing glasses.

It also took me a few days to get over some initial VR dizziness - it's something you have to build up over a bit of time. I can now spend a good three or four hours flying with the headset on, since the G2 is lighter than the Quest. I often take off the G2 as missions load or just to give myself a 10-minute break, but I know rather enjoy throwing myself around the sky as I get shot down over and over. 

The flickering is an IL-2 issue that happens in every headset. The Devs are aware of it, have been for a long time, and have commented on it in the past. They said something along the lines of "cannot change this as it's the way the engine is". Don't ask me to dig it out, I won't, it's been way too long.

I believe it would take an unreasonable amount of workload to get the engine to pause while loading map, assets, etc and that you just can't hold it easily.

Personally, I've mostly solved it by brute force, using PCIe4 M.2 MP600 1TB. The game loads like lightning this way. The only remaining long lasting thing is the login screen.

Edited by SCG_Fenris_Wolf

I avoid the flickering by leaning forward (Reverb G2) although back and to the sides works also, this brings up the SteamVR backdrop (mountains and castle in my case) and by varying the degree of lean I can keep an eye on the loading screen and judge when it’s finished without having to sit through the nausea inducing flicker. Experiment and you”ll see what I mean.

Thanks for your advices! I think I will just take the headset off while the mission is loading and use that time for a break then. Today I flew about 1,5 hours after I got home from work and didn´t feel much motion sickness anymore. So I think it´s a thing you can get used to very fast. There is something else I recognized while being in VR today. As English is not my mother language and the observation I made is a little complicated, the following lines might be hard to read.

When I look at a distant tree or plane or something else, that object always appears sharp and in focus. When I try to look at something very close to my face (let´s say a small written text on a piece of paper) that object seems absolutely blurry. But if I force my eyes to focus on a distant object and move the paper with the small written text close to the center of my view (without directely looking at it!) I can see that the letters are crystal clear! If I now look directly at the paper again, my eyes try to get it in focus just like they would do in real life and the text on that paper becomes blurry again. I guess my eyes have to keep focus at "infinite distance" all the time in VR to see everything clear, no matter how far or close the objects seem to be. At least that seems logical to me as the HMD-lenses put the flat LCD-Disply at infinite distance I guess. Is there a way to get used to that to? After getting used to that, what happens after putting the headset off after a couple of hours? I expect that I have to reactivate auto-focus of my eyes again to see close objects clear in real world... That´s a little scary 😅

On 12/2/2020 at 10:05 PM, HunDread said:

Not bad. I ordered one on July 7 and my latest e-mail says I might get it next week if I am lucky.

Well I was not lucky. Still no shipping confirmation and tracking for a july 7 order. Bestware proudly continues the shitshow that HP started. They must have signed an SSA (shit show agreement) or just liked HP's too much they wanted their own.

8 hours ago, HunDread said:

Well I was not lucky. Still no shipping confirmation and tracking for a july 7 order.

I am as you here. It seem that Bestware started to ship some unit as shown in the danol page above.

I think it is a question of days, but I am not worried. I still have to do a lot of work upgrading my PC first. It seems the G2 is really GPU hungry at 100%. So, I more worried about getting a decent GPU. And I relly don´t know which one to pick. Both, technically and availability.