Some Spotting Fun

Jason_Williams

unlikely_spider
1 minute ago, =362nd_FS=RoflSeal said:

What did he mean by this?

The three periods represent Tripoli. Next theater confirmed.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Archie said:

... in morse code is S so it's either Spanish civil war or Battle of Saipan 😄

Salute?

(and I can think of many other words that begin with "S"... some not publishable...) 😈

Edited by JG1_Vonrd

Maybe they are just dots to reserve that space in the thread for a later post.

Teaser look at Air Marshall? It has to be something different from normal dev updates. I'm excited. 

The cryptic marketing is working.

He said we might get a teaser... and I suppose this qualifies... and I'm not sure whether I should feel disappointed or just excited that there are [...] in the future somewhere.

Teasing us with the future potential for teasers?

• 1CGS
Jason_Williams

Just as an example of how crappy video degradation can be -  at 13:38 I turn on labels to check the distances to the multiple planes I could see in the frame at that point, but in the video they are very hard to see at that instant. So "invisible planes" there are not. 

Jason

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

This looks very promising indeed Jason.  Thanks for showing us this.:salute:

btw;  for this sort of stuff check out Nvidia Shadowplay.  Loads direct to YouTube without the quality loss of editing and compressing.

9./JG52_J-HAT

Even watching the video in 1080p, not in full screen and with visible quality reductions due to YouTube compression I can actually see a lot of contacts around the Mustang. Looking good! Thanks for that. And also the tracers seem a lot more subtle.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the demo Jason. I'm really looking forward to trying out the fix when it's ready to go. It will be great to actually see the plane that goes with the flak. Major kudos to the team for this effort.  :salute:

• 1CGS
Jason_Williams
7 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

This looks very promising indeed Jason.  Thanks for showing us this.:salute:

btw;  for this sort of stuff check out Nvidia Shadowplay.  Loads direct to YouTube without the quality loss of editing and compressing.

I've used Shadowplay in the past, but honestly DXtory give me the smoothest playback still to this day.

Jason

I know I and many of us appreciate the early look to see what's coming, so thanks for that. The relative movement was definitely easier to catch while watching. I'm interested to see this in motion myself to check it out without the video compression but it's looking promising in the close range :)

• Like 2

FTC_DerSheriff
2 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

I've used Shadowplay in the past, but honestly DXtory give me the smoothest playback still to this day.

Jason

either record in 1440p or higher or upscale it. Other wise YT butchers the quality. but the video looks blurry anyhow. Maybe a low bitrate was used. Dunno.
Good insight anyhow.

• Upvote 1

• 1CGS
Jason_Williams
3 minutes ago, DerSheriff said:

either record in 1440p or higher or upscale it. Other wise YT butchers the quality. but the video looks blurry anyhow. Maybe a low bitrate was used. Dunno.
Good insight anyhow.

My point was to record it in 1080p which is the crappiest res most play at with the crappiest AA (FXAA) and make a video that demonstrates that even then you can still see other planes. In a higher res with better AA and actually looking at your screen its even better.

Jason

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 4

[DBS]Browning

Anyone remember when we had the improved long range spotting and Jason posted a .jpg of the improvements, but no one could see any of the planes in the compression? 

Well, now it's YouTube compression, which is even worse, but we can see all the planes. 

Excellent work Jason and team! This is the reason I'm buying Normandy this week. 

• Haha 1

• Jason_Williams locked this topic