Han

Developer Diary 257 - Discussion

Just now, Han said:
Hello!

Have you heard about wave interference? It's amazing when the processes in people's lives have direct physical analogies. In particular, how topics for our journal entries appear is a good example. In the development of projects of the IL-2: Great Battles series, there are a lot of very voluminous and lengthy tasks. And sometimes it happens that the intermediate results of different large tasks appear one by one, creating a subject for the diaries. Sometimes it happens that the "wave" processes of development progress in all directions and it gets to a stage when the intermediate results cannot yet be published, but sometimes it also happens that in all directions at the same time appears something that can be gladly demonstrated. And exactly this variant of "superposition of wave development processes in different directions" happened this week, which, of course, is always pleasant.

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials

• Like 16
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 3

Posted (edited)

First!

Damn i love you guys!!! 

Edited by 76IAP-Black

Wow...What a DD...!!! :dance:

Great to see that the Velikiye Luki summer map is finally finished. Does anyone know which battles took place in the area in summer 1941? I know that there was a Soviet counter attack that recaptured the town in July, but that's all I know. What was the situation in the air?

Looks good, thanks!

I hope there will be some other smaller improvements to TC.

Posted (edited)

I am precisely on the last mission of the campaign in FW 190 A3 on Velikiye Luki. I'm happy to be able to discover it in summer. Well done to the author and thank you to the teams.

Edited by No_Face
  • Like 1

Just now, Juri_JS said:

Great to see that the Velikiye Luki summer map is finally finished. Does anyone know which battles took place in the area in summer 1941? I know that there was a Soviet counter attack that recaptured the town in July, but that's all I know. What was the situation in the air?

Yes indeed, great that Velikiye Luki summer map is finished and will be available to players.  Question: Will there be Luftwaffe and VVS careers for that map/area of operations when the map is released?

• Upvote 1

Very impressive!!

• The VL summer map looks stunning, an area with so many bodies of water looks much more interesting in the summer.
  • Typhoon also looking great, with those thick wings it's going to be a favorite for BON ground pounding.
  • Female pilot (making history!!) and notes and improvements for tanks also fantastic additions to the great battles franchise.
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

There is a lot to like here, looks very good!

A proper rail yard?!

More aircraft with female pilot options (that had previously been said would be too difficult to do in the short term)?!

First Typhoon pictures and variant info?!

Certainly well worth the wait!

6 minutes ago, Jade_Monkey said:

• Typhoon also looking great, with those thick wings it's going to be a favorite for BON ground pounding.

What is the benefit of thick wings?

Mmmmmm Tiffy

Mmmmmm new map

Mmmmmm lady birds

Also, the improvements to Tank Crew interfaces and control settings are much appreciated.

Thank you Devs!!!

I have been hoping to see a summer version of Velikiye Luki since it first came out, it looks awesome in the winter but having it available for summer is superb, many thanks to the map artists glad they took that on.:cool:

Tiffy, what can be said, the mighty mud mover, awesome.:drinks:

New pilots and uniforms is always great, particularly the female variants, nice one.;)

Thank you very much guys, really appreciate the updates, take care and be safe.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

Thanks for the update! A lot of great stuff here.
Did I miss the release of the Hurricane?  If it’s still WIP I’m surprised the update did not include an update!

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Avimimus said:

A proper rail yard?!

Saw that as well. Maybe they can copy&paste that to the Rhineland map a few dozen times. Would help the atmosphere there. Also twin-line rail tracks are sorely needed in the Rhineland.

• Upvote 2

Had my fingers crossed for news about the Hurricane :(

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Bringing into the game an equivalent of 'station notes' for planes as well would be verry beneficial too, easing the learning curve for newcomers!

*dreaming about a kneeboard-like functionality 😌

Edited by RavN_Sone
  • Upvote 3

How did you know I was whistling for a Tiffy? -- good stuff! Map looks great too and a welcoming addition to the piloting skies. Thanks for keeping us informed. 🙂

Good work on the Velikiye Luki map! Give that map-maker a raise!

Nice to see updates on the Typhoon, as well, looking forward to moving mud in that bird.

And the new pilot models look great,  its great news to see the female pilots also in the Yak-1 and 1B to represent the women that flew them!

• Upvote 3

New map was nice surprise 🙂. Thanks! 

20 minutes ago, RavN_Sone said:

Bringing into the game an equivalent of 'station notes' for planes as well would be verry beneficial too, easing the learning curve for newcomers!

*dreaming about a kneeboard-like functionality 😌

I would be happy just to have knees implemented in game.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

and although it does not include all of our most modern map tech (such as buildings with increased detail),

Are we talking about the modern similar to MS FS2020 map tech here, if so that would be great in BoN. 

• Haha 1

Great update!

I already thought the Velikiye Luki map was the best winter map in the series, so looking forward to the "improved and updated winter version" 

And the summer map looks great and is a nice surprise. 👍

Just now, 40plus said:

I would be happy just to have knees implemented in game.

That's true...in VR especially and cockpit shake in VR but that's another story... Great DD DEVS!

That is amazing. I had given up on ever seeing the summer Great Luke map. It looks really well done in the screens. 

Looking forward to Rheinland also have low houses and railroad tracks like Velikiye Luki.

All great news but...

What happened to the Hurricane Mk.II? Last time it was seen was in some 3D renders still not fully completed, it's still meant to be released as the next olane after the P-47D-22 as some earlier plans suggested?

The difference over 4 years is really astonishing.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/uploads/monthly_07_2015/post-1696-0-27965000-1436172108.jpg

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/uploads/monthly_2020_08/_VLS_01.jpg.4248c5c11c796108c0e793679605357b.jpg

Very much looking forward to menacing tanks with the Hurricane and Tiffy!

And the quality of life improvements are much appreciated in the Tank Crew side of things.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Posted (edited)

Nice DD! Typhoon, Nachthexen, new map

tenor.gif

Edited by I./JG1_Baron
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SCG_FeuerFliegen said:

What is the benefit of thick wings?

Strong and plenty of room to put guns and fuel. Camm built the Hurricane that way as well. Downside is you don‘t really go much past 400 mph.

Looks really good, great job! And thanks for the TC notes. They will be very useful.

23 minutes ago, Alexmarine said:

All great news but...

What happened to the Hurricane Mk.II? Last time it was seen was in some 3D renders still not fully completed, it's still meant to be released as the next olane after the P-47D-22 as some earlier plans suggested?

Hurricane has had some minor delays, but nothing horrible. Probably end of next month. 

Jason

• Like 5
  • Thanks 10
  • Upvote 8

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Alexmarine said:

All great news but...

Probably work on internal stuff like flight modeling and modifications that is difficult to show in a DD. We will see more of it when the cockpit and textures are complete. Considering we are seeing reference to 4.009 in the tank crew stuff and they announced the "Hell Hawks" campaign we could still see it before the end of August.

Turns out my speculation-o-meter needs some calibration.

Edited by RedKestrel
LOL, Ninja'd by Jason!
  • Haha 2

I applaud the possibility to choose between male and female pilots for the UV and Yak planes. Female pilots have made a very important contribution in WWII.

The tempest seems excellent, and attacking locos and train convoys will be a must.

New Velikiye Luki map is very interesting. By the way I hope you will improve the railway network on the Rhineland map. Frankly it is very poor. When I see the railway depot on the New Velikiye Luki map, we should have more of that on the Rheinland map.

• Upvote 7