Mysticpuma

Dear Devs. Please can we change aircraft skins in Quick Missions for multiple planes?

Really enjoying Great Battles and looking forward to making a few videos but I have hit a snag and it's a big one for videos. So in all honesty it is going to take me months to learn the Full Mission maker to just create simple missions, so I am currently playing around in the Quick Missions.

So in Quick Missions it is possible to choose your Flight, choose your aircraft, add a custom skin and this is great...........until you had any more aircraft to your flight......and then they all have the same skin??????

1050642249_IL-2SturmovikBattleofStalingradScreenshot2020_06.09-09_40_18_77.thumb.jpg.41c59584272b322a7c68b1952f84190d.jpg

Would it be possible to have something similar to the original IL2:1946 where if you change the amount of aircraft in your flight, they can all be given a custom skin? Just a simple drop-down menu for Aircraft 1, Aircraft 2, Aircraft, Aircraft 4 and then be able to change the skin?

Please?

Cheers, MP

• Upvote 2

Any love shown to the QMB is good love.

And the QMB be needin' some good love. :cool:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

You could try to use @SYN_Vander's IL2 Great Battles Easy Mission Generator to create a mission to your liking, open the resulting file in the mission editor and just assign the skins. Not what you asked for, I know, but might be a viable workaround for the moment.

@Mysticpuma Hey M8, I could not have said it better than this! I hope this important feature can be really added to QMB to the delight of skinners, video makers or simple offliners. I hope that the developers find the time and the way for this important retouching as it has been done so far for many other functional and cosmetic aspects of this beautiful SIM!

Fingers crossed...!

Are you sure that is not already possible? I don't use QMB so often but to me seems there is a way to modify friendly load out (and skins)

Posted (edited)

If you use PWCG you can assign any skin you have down loaded and put any skin you want to any aircraft in your squadron. That means 'every' plane in your flight or squadron will have a different skin if you so desire.

Edited by Trooper117

Posted (edited)

It's already possible in QMB. You can select a skin for the whole flight, before you generate the mission. 

25 minutes ago, JG4_dingsda said:

You could try to use @SYN_Vander's IL2 Great Battles Easy Mission Generator to create a mission to your liking, open the resulting file in the mission editor and just assign the skins. Not what you asked for, I know, but might be a viable workaround for the moment.

I will add functionality to choose a custom skin for a flight soon. Shouldn't be too hard 

Edited by SYN_Vander
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thumbs up!

3 hours ago, SYN_Vander said:

I will add functionality to choose a custom skin for a flight soon.

Thank You SYN-Vander ! That would be marvelous !

18 hours ago, JG4_dingsda said:

Single player against Ai? 

38 minutes ago, Mysticpuma said:

Single player against Ai? 

As you wish: Singleplayer, Coop or Dogfight.

• Like 1

Can I just check, which folder does this app need to be pointed at? The 1C Game Studios folder or the next layer down, the IL2 Great Battles folder? 

Second question regarding the app, can it support take-off from the runway too? 

Posted (edited)

Added support for setting of custom skins per flight. Please ask any EMG related questions in this thread:

2 hours ago, Mysticpuma said:

Can I just check, which folder does this app need to be pointed at? The 1C Game Studios folder or the next layer down, the IL2 Great Battles folder? 

The main IL2 Great Battles folder.

1 hour ago, Mysticpuma said:

Second question regarding the app, can it support take-off from the runway too? 

Yes

Edited by SYN_Vander

@SYN_Vander

First of all, I would like to thank you for Easy Mission Generator and its constant development. With a few clicks of the mouse, even a "disabled" person like me can create hours and hours of Coop-fun. I just downloaded the latest version and noticed the implementation of the skin selection function. It is a step in the right direction and, although still generic, it allows me to select generic skins for friends and enemies. my question is as follows: will there ever be a way to assign each individual aircraft of the same squadron a specific skin? (for example, if I create a squadron of 7 Bf109 of the Jg53 and choose the skin of Von Maltzahn for the plane n ° 1, I would like to have the possibility to assign each of my wingmen a different skin, at n ° 2 the Weiss 3, at No. 3 the Weiss 5, at No. 4 the Weiss 9 and so on ...) It is the same functionality that I would like to see also in the QMB and that so far is missing. Mine does not want to be a complaint or a criticism, I do not have the slightest competence in terms of programming, nor the knowledge of how easy or difficult it can be to implement this functionality. Mine is only a desire strictly as a single player and (modest) skinner. creating skins for an entire squadron and being able to view / use them simultaneously in an easy way without having to resort to FMB would be imho a great and welcome gift for all offliners, skinners and videomakers.

Thanks again for your attention and for your invaluable Easy Mission Generator

Good flight !

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SARFlytitus said:

@SYN_Vander

First of all, I would like to thank you for Easy Mission Generator and its constant development. With a few clicks of the mouse, even a "disabled" person like me can create hours and hours of Coop-fun. I just downloaded the latest version and noticed the implementation of the skin selection function. It is a step in the right direction and, although still generic, it allows me to select generic skins for friends and enemies. my question is as follows: will there ever be a way to assign each individual aircraft of the same squadron a specific skin? (for example, if I create a squadron of 7 Bf109 of the Jg53 and choose the skin of Von Maltzahn for the plane n ° 1, I would like to have the possibility to assign each of my wingmen a different skin, at n ° 2 the Weiss 3, at No. 3 the Weiss 5, at No. 4 the Weiss 9 and so on ...) It is the same functionality that I would like to see also in the QMB and that so far is missing. Mine does not want to be a complaint or a criticism, I do not have the slightest competence in terms of programming, nor the knowledge of how easy or difficult it can be to implement this functionality. Mine is only a desire strictly as a single player and (modest) skinner. creating skins for an entire squadron and being able to view / use them simultaneously in an easy way without having to resort to FMB would be imho a great and welcome gift for all offliners, skinners and videomakers.

Thanks again for your attention and for your invaluable Easy Mission Generator

Good flight !

To be very honest, I think this is well outside what I would call “easy” 😊 and thus not in scope. I think I have already gone a bit too far since the tool is getting quite complex to use fully. 
I also think this is a feature that should typically be in the game itself. No user should have to pick every skin in a flight just to have different numbers. A decal system should generate that automatically.

There is of course always the possibility to do this in the full mission builder after the mission has been generated.

Finally, I have other commitments for the time being, so I won’t be able to work on any new features for a while...

5 minutes ago, SYN_Vander said:

To be very honest, I think this is well outside what I would call “easy” 😊 and thus not in scope. I think I have already gone a bit too far since the tool is getting quite complex to use fully. 
I also think this is a feature that should typically be in the game itself. No user should have to pick every skin in a flight just to have different numbers. A decal system should generate that automatically.

There is of course always the possibility to do this in the full mission builder after the mission has been generated.

Finally, I have other commitments for the time being, so I won’t be able to work on any new features for a while...

I can only totally agree with you! Easy Mission Generator is already perfect as it is, adding new functions would distort it too much by removing that wonderful "Easy" from the name! So far I have done exactly as you say, I create the mission with EMG and edit it with FMB. However, EMG remains the most valuable tool for generating quick missions and I am extremely grateful to you for this!

Good flight !

Posted (edited)

Well, I gave it a go and as expected....very difficult to understand the FME.

I created the mission as per the directions in the Easy Mission Editor. Then loaded the mission into the Full Mission Editor. I managed to find the flight of aircraft and change them from P39's to P51's (as the latest version of EME doesn't seem to allow the choice of P-51?)

Anyway, I canged the aircraft but in FME could not see anywhere or anyway of changing the individual aircraft skins. Everything else in EME works fine, just need some help working out how to change the aircraft skins so each one is different?

Any further help appreciated, cheers, MP

Edited by Mysticpuma

On 6/9/2020 at 11:35 AM, JG4_dingsda said:

As per my last.... how do you assign skins in the FME???????? 

Thanks in advance, MP

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Mysticpuma said:

As per my last.... how do you assign skins in the FME???????? 

Thanks in advance, MP

Check this (06:20). It’s 10 years old and the menu looks slightly different, but there is a “skin” attribute when you open the advanced proporties of an aircraft.

Edited by SYN_Vander
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the reply but sadly I am banging my head against a wall.

Loading the mission created in EME into FME, there is no way of selecting any of the aircraft (they don't appear when zoomed in either), this thereby means the skins cannot be changed......which is the whole point of the thread :(

Really do appreciate the time and effort put in trying to get a workaround for this ommission by the dev team, maybe they will visit the issue at some point in the future.

1834846244_DesktopScreenshot2020_06.12-20_22_05_41.thumb.jpg.3307aeaa98edaf90ffd27389f09e9996.jpg

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Mysticpuma said:

Thanks for the reply but sadly I am banging my head against a wall.

Loading the mission created in EME into FME, there is no way of selecting any of the aircraft (they don't appear when zoomed in either), this thereby means the skins cannot be changed......which is the whole point of the thread :(

Really do appreciate the time and effort put in trying to get a workaround for this ommission by the dev team, maybe they will visit the issue at some point in the future.

1834846244_DesktopScreenshot2020_06.12-20_22_05_41.thumb.jpg.3307aeaa98edaf90ffd27389f09e9996.jpg

Just follow the procedure as given and you needn't worry about seeing the units on the actual map. It is not necessary.

If you want to do more, than of course it will help to see the planes on the map with their waypoints.

What you are looking at in your screenshot is the most SW part of the map, zoomed in. Use scroll wheel to zoom out as far as you can and then use right cklick + hold to drag the map around. Careful, because it's quite big. In your mission, all the units are to the NW. To quickly focus on a particular unit, double click on it from the list.

Edited by SYN_Vander
  • Like 1