Jump to content

Official Poll: Theme for the next historical campaign for the Battle of Kuban


Poll: Which theme would be the most interesting for you?  

193 members have voted

  1. 1. Poll: Which theme would be the most interesting for you?

    • Fighter campaign: Bf 109 G-4, April - May, 1943.
      39
    • Ground attack campaign: Fw 190 A-5, April - May, 1943.
      154

This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/22/20 at 05:00 PM

Recommended Posts

  • 1CGS

Hello everybody,

 

After the opening of the pre-order for the historical campaign "Ice Ring" - the final part of the Stalingrad trilogy, dedicated to the combat operations of the Soviet IL-2 attack planes in December 1942, I'd like to suggest you to choose a theme for the next campaign.

 

As there were created three official VVS RKKA campaigns for the "IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle for Kuban", my next work will tell you about the combat operations of the Luftwaffe during the large-scale air battle that unfolded over the Kuban bridgehead in the spring of 1943.

 

This time you have two options to choose from:

 

1. The Bf 109 G-4 fighter campaign (II./JG 52, April-May 1943).

As a fully independent work, at the same time it will continue the story started in the "Ten Days of Autumn" and "Fortress on the Volga". The main distinguishing feature of this campaign will be an extraordinary intensity of air battles, accompanied by the use of almost all types of Soviet fighters, which were then in service with the VVS RKKA (Yak-1, Yak-1b, Yak-7b, Yak-9, LaGG-3, La-5F, P-39L-1, P-40E-1 and Spitfire Mk.VB).

 

2. The Fw 190 A-5 ground attack campaign (II./Sch.G 1, April-May 1943).

Besides the fact that "Focke-Wulf" is not frequent guest in the scripted campaigns, I would also be interested to try to recreate the combat operations of the German ground attack aviation during the Battle of Kuban, which will allow you to look at the events shown in the "Sea Dragons" campaign from a completely different perspective.

 

 P01.png.fe7a63f30c185d9e960a926de98d44f5.png  P02.png.4226f838c76c2ca025856b5c3de6db52.png

 

The poll will be closed on June 22, 2020.

  • Like 11
  • Thanks 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1CGS
2 minutes ago, blue_max said:

I vote for the 190 campaign, especially if it can have a bit of air to air combat mingled into it as well!

If the community chooses the ground attack campaign, you will still have a lot of problems with Soviet fighters))

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi B6. Definitely Fw190. Variety is the spice of life.

 

However that said nothing would stop an additional future g4 campaign which will also add to collection available.

Edited by Luger1969
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1CGS
45 minutes ago, Luger1969 said:

Hi B6. Definitely Fw190. Variety is the spice of life.

However that said nothing would stop an additional future g4 campaign which will also add to collection available.

Hi!

Both campaigns target approximately the same period from April 14 to May 10. If I do one, it makes no sense to do the other. And if I choose a different period, then the intensity of the fighting will be greatly reduced there.

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1CGS
18 hours ago, Semor76 said:

Any chance for unlocked mis. files this time, so we can edit the campaign and use custom skins?

This is absolutely impossible for any commercial campaign, but on the Russian forum they prompted me an excellent solution to the issue with skins. Each aircraft in your Staffel will be assigned a custom skin with a specific name. This way you can put your camouflages in the folder with custom skins and rename them, and then you will see them in the campaign. If this is not done, then the aircraft will have standard official default skins.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BlackSix said:

This is absolutely impossible for any commercial campaign, but on the Russian forum they prompted me an excellent solution to the issue with skins. Each aircraft in your Staffel will be assigned a custom skin with a specific name. This way you can put your camouflages in the folder with custom skins and rename them, and then you will see them in the campaign. If this is not done, then the aircraft will have standard official default skins.

Oookay.  I´m not sure if I understand this correctly. Can you give me please the link to the original topic over at the Russian forum?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2020 at 12:12 PM, BlackSix said:

This is absolutely impossible for any commercial campaign, but on the Russian forum they prompted me an excellent solution to the issue with skins. Each aircraft in your Staffel will be assigned a custom skin with a specific name. This way you can put your camouflages in the folder with custom skins and rename them, and then you will see them in the campaign. If this is not done, then the aircraft will have standard official default skins.

Oookay. After reading the thread on the russian forum, I´m even more confused than before. May I ask where is the "excellent solution to the issue with skins"  you speak about??

I cant find it, sorry.

 

Please, can somebody here clarify this: Is it possible to add custom skins in payware campaigns or not? If yes, how in god´s name can we do that?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1CGS

Well, I'll answer very simply. Right now this is not possible for all of my official campaigns (Ten Days of Autumn, Blazing Steppe, Sea Dragons, Fortress on the Volga) and for the upcoming Ice Ring. Please do not ask me this question in other topics.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, BlackSix said:

Well, I'll answer very simply. Right now this is not possible for all of my official campaigns (Ten Days of Autumn, Blazing Steppe, Sea Dragons, Fortress on the Volga) and for the upcoming Ice Ring. Please do not ask me this question in other topics.

No problem. I only ask, because you mentioned in your post above: "but on the Russian forum they prompted me an excellent solution to the issue with skins". And I cant find this "Excellent solution". That´s all. Maybe it´s a language barrier problem.

 

Cheers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Semor76 said:

 

Please, can somebody here clarify this: Is it possible to add custom skins in payware campaigns or not? If yes, how in god´s name can we do that?

 

You cannot add anything to an official campaign. What BlackSix said is that he will put names for custom skins with each aircraft and give you the list of skin names. Then you can make the skins however you want and name them what he put on the list. Viola... skins appear on planes in campaign.

 

simple solution, you make the skins though.

 

and definitely an FW190 campaign. I would fly that right now...

Edited by Jaegermeister
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jaegermeister said:

 

You cannot add anything to an official campaign. What BlackSix said is that he will put names for custom skins with each aircraft and give you the list of skin names. Then you can make the skins however you want and name them what he put on the list. Viola... skins appear on planes in campaign.

 

simple solution, you make the skins though.

 

 

This is what I thought more or less. But thanks to make this clear.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1CGS

Hello everyone,

 

Voting has ended and you've chosen Fw 190  A-5 campaign.

00.thumb.jpg.5248c08f9462eecba4d6d044b6a75eb4.jpg


I plan to start work in July and finish it in early 2021 if nothing unforeseen happens.

01.thumb.jpg.9f148081a41347743ad88329c4f9cbac.jpg02.thumb.jpg.ccb8645daf89b9ffbe7662e26741184c.jpg03.thumb.jpg.ebe96ca6038de7d60aad5004878a9684.jpg

 

Frankly, I'm very surprised at the 20 to 80 ratio, but as far as I understand it happened because this plane was given very little attention, not because you no longer want any Bf 109 campaigns. Am I right?

 

Thank you so much for participating!

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BlackSix said:

Hello everyone,

 

Voting has ended and you've chosen Fw 190  A-5 campaign.

00.thumb.jpg.5248c08f9462eecba4d6d044b6a75eb4.jpg


I plan to start work in July and finish it in early 2021 if nothing unforeseen happens.

01.thumb.jpg.9f148081a41347743ad88329c4f9cbac.jpg02.thumb.jpg.ccb8645daf89b9ffbe7662e26741184c.jpg03.thumb.jpg.ebe96ca6038de7d60aad5004878a9684.jpg

 

Frankly, I'm very surprised at the 20 to 80 ratio, but as far as I understand it happened because this plane was given very little attention, not because you no longer want any Bf 109 campaigns. Am I right?

 

Thank you so much for participating!

I am really looking forward to the campaign! The 190 is one of my absolute favourite planes 😄 Personally, I am therefore very happy that she finally gets an official campaign ❤️ . Maybe there is a small FW community or like you said people who are for a higher variety of missions and aircraft types ;) Of course I wouldn't have anything against another 109 campaign, although I personally prefer the FW.^^

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, BlackSix said:

Hello everyone,

 

 

 

 

Frankly, I'm very surprised at the 20 to 80 ratio, but as far as I understand it happened because this plane was given very little attention, not because you no longer want any Bf 109 campaigns. Am I right?

 

 

Yes, that was why I voted for the FW190

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BlackSix said:

Hello everyone,

 

Voting has ended and you've chosen Fw 190  A-5 campaign.

00.thumb.jpg.5248c08f9462eecba4d6d044b6a75eb4.jpg


I plan to start work in July and finish it in early 2021 if nothing unforeseen happens.

01.thumb.jpg.9f148081a41347743ad88329c4f9cbac.jpg02.thumb.jpg.ccb8645daf89b9ffbe7662e26741184c.jpg03.thumb.jpg.ebe96ca6038de7d60aad5004878a9684.jpg

 

Frankly, I'm very surprised at the 20 to 80 ratio, but as far as I understand it happened because this plane was given very little attention, not because you no longer want any Bf 109 campaigns. Am I right?

 

Thank you so much for participating!

For my part, any new campaign is a welcome addition, but my preference was for the 190.  I would have bought a 109 campaign as well.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally love the Fw190 as a plane more than the 109 and is what influenced me to vote that way. Of course when the opportunity arose to get a Fw campaign I jumped at it. Nothing against the narrative your 109 campaigns brought to the table, I enjoyed reading the briefings and getting a story out of the campaigns. I would have bought either way. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/22/2020 at 8:03 PM, BlackSix said:

 

Frankly, I'm very surprised at the 20 to 80 ratio, but as far as I understand it happened because this plane was given very little attention, not because you no longer want any Bf 109 campaigns. Am I right?

 

Thank you so much for participating!

 

The FW190 enthusiast community within BoX users is large. I guess larger than that of Bf109 fans. This is supported by the poll results "Are you a 190 guy or 109?" or e.g. the fierce discussions about the windshield bar at the launch of the BoX Focke Wulf. The fact that little attention has been paid to FW SP-content is of course one reason, but not the most important.

Edited by Grancesc
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1CGS
5 hours ago, LF_Tigre91 said:

I hope that the story of ten days of autumn and Fortress Volga ace continues some day...  Btw I will wait hyped for this one. 

I'd like to make this sequel, but if a choice is offered between Bf 109 G-4 and, for example, Р-39 then I know that I will again be left without Bf 109))

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/22/2020 at 8:03 PM, BlackSix said:

 

Frankly, I'm very surprised at the 20 to 80 ratio, but as far as I understand it happened because this plane was given very little attention, not because you no longer want any Bf 109 campaigns. Am I right?

 

 

Yep, that is the reason for me. Same is true for the Henschel HS 129. (Hint)

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BlackSix said:

I'd like to make this sequel, but if a choice is offered between Bf 109 G-4 and, for example, Р-39 then I know that I will again be left without Bf 109))

maybe high command gives him a 262 ;)

 

 

it would be epic

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...