Official Poll: Theme for the next historical campaign for the Battle of Kuban

BlackSix

Poll: Which theme would be the most interesting for you?  

193 members have voted

1. 1. Poll: Which theme would be the most interesting for you?

• Fighter campaign: Bf 109 G-4, April - May, 1943.
    • Ground attack campaign: Fw 190 A-5, April - May, 1943.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/22/20 at 05:00 PM

blue_max

For multiplayer I prefer flying the 109. Same if I just want to do a bit of flying. But in campaigns, I basically want a campaign for every air plane. So I voted and I'll buy the 190 campaign!

Small request from someone with too much work and too little time: keep the mission times reasonable :)  (like an hour or less), thanks!

• Thanks 1
  • 1CGS
BlackSix
18 minutes ago, LF_Tigre91 said:

maybe high command gives him a 262 ;)

it would be epic

I'm afraid this is not a good idea. Kommando Nowotny campaign is not possible because we have no their main targets - B-24 and B-17, and the bombing campaign about I. and II./KG 51 will be very boring due to their method of delivering air strikes. I don’t have the ability to make it interesting((

10 minutes ago, blue_max said:

Small request from someone with too much work and too little time: keep the mission times reasonable :)  (like an hour or less), thanks!

I always try to keep within 30-40 minutes, no more)

blue_max
1 hour ago, BlackSix said:

I'm afraid this is not a good idea. Kommando Nowotny campaign is not possible because we have no their main targets - B-24 and B-17, and the bombing campaign about I. and II./KG 51 will be very boring due to their method of delivering air strikes. I don’t have the ability to make it interesting((

I always try to keep within 30-40 minutes, no more)

Great, I really appreciate that in the sea dragon campaign. I'm halfway now, great fun. I remember there was a campaign with really long flying times (maybe not yours), so that's why I made the comment :)

Regarding a Me-262 campaign: I would really like a fictional campaign! Just a greatest hits of everything you could conceivably do with the machine. A bit of bombing, a bit of high-altitude A-20 hunting, a bit of factory defense, dogfighting. Switching airfields so its a grass runway first, and later concrete one. Just let us live the fantasy of how it could have been to be the first fighter jet pilot in history, rather than the rather drab reality of how they were used.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
ACG_Elegz
On 6/9/2020 at 10:38 AM, BlackSix said:

Hi!

Both campaigns target approximately the same period from April 14 to May 10. If I do one, it makes no sense to do the other. And if I choose a different period, then the intensity of the fighting will be greatly reduced there.

I totally disagree with you.) The Intense period deserves more campaigns.)  I hope you will continue your series about that 109 pilot. Any map/period is welcome.)))

Edited by elegz
Gambit21

Hey Alex.

As a mission designer I’d rather deal with a ground attack campaign or fighter bomber (190/P-47) than a pure fighter campaign.

The reason (from my perspective) is that with a pure fighter campaign too much of the player experience is contingent on the state of enemy fighter AI - which is always changing. With a ground attack campaign enemy AI is less important and more of the player experience is within your direct control.

That’s my take anyway, and largely why I did a Jug campaign rather than a Mustang one. Plus the 190A5 is just a cool aircraft and needs some attention so you’re customers made the right choice for you with the 190 I think. :)

Edited by Gambit21
  • Upvote 1
  • 1CGS
BlackSix

Sorry, I could not answer earlier, it was a very busy week)

On 7/7/2020 at 12:34 AM, elegz said:

I totally disagree with you.) The Intense period deserves more campaigns.)  I hope you will continue your series about that 109 pilot. Any map/period is welcome.)))

At the moment, the situation has changed a lot. I thought that I could use the battlefield templates from the Sea Dragons campaign, but I found that the technology used there is very outdated over the past 3 years. Therefore, for the Fw 190 campaign, I'll have to do everything anew, and it will be a pity not to use it for another Kuban campaign)

So P-39 or Bf 109 G-4, but I would like to do it.

On 7/8/2020 at 3:21 AM, Gambit21 said:

Hey Alex.

As a mission designer I’d rather deal with a ground attack campaign or fighter bomber (190/P-47) than a pure fighter campaign.

The reason (from my perspective) is that with a pure fighter campaign too much of the player experience is contingent on the state of enemy fighter AI - which is always changing. With a ground attack campaign enemy AI is less important and more of the player experience is within your direct control.

That’s my take anyway, and largely why I did a Jug campaign rather than a Mustang one. Plus the 190A5 is just a cool aircraft and needs some attention so you’re customers made the right choice for you with the 190 I think. :)

You're right Jim)
But, on the other hand, AI also has a number of problems with ground attacks and such missions take much more time than pure fighter ones, where the battlefield can be shown conditionally.

• Like 3
Gambit21
On 7/11/2020 at 6:31 AM, BlackSix said:

You're right Jim)
But, on the other hand, AI also has a number of problems with ground attacks and such missions take much more time than pure fighter ones, where the battlefield can be shown conditionally.

Yep - true enough.

• 4 weeks later...
jollyjack

Pure for cockpit view i never liked the FWs and Bf109s much. Them window supports blocking players view.

A Bf110 as such would appeal more to me. (FC1 is worse though, but better at shooting in arcade view.)

MasserME262

I came too late to vote but... luckily, people chose the 190 over the 109. Hey, I want both of those campaigns anyway, I would like to follow the 10 days of autumn and Fortress on the Volga pilot "career", but I couldn't wait for a 190 campaign anymore, so I can't be happier!!! And the fact that blacksix gonna make it makes me even happier 😄

Gotta get this SC as soon as its released

• 1CGS
BlackSix
On 8/14/2020 at 10:35 PM, ME-BFMasserME262 said:

I came too late to vote but... luckily, people chose the 190 over the 109. Hey, I want both of those campaigns anyway, I would like to follow the 10 days of autumn and Fortress on the Volga pilot "career", but I couldn't wait for a 190 campaign anymore, so I can't be happier!!! And the fact that blacksix gonna make it makes me even happier 😄

Gotta get this SC as soon as its released

Thanks, I'm trying to find the way to make both campaigns. Fw 190 campaign starts on Apr 14-15 and ends on May 10. So, I'd begin Bf 109 campaign around May 20, it will allow to show last Soviet spring offensive and third, final air battle over Taman bridgehead. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 1CGS

The situation has changed slightly🙂

By creating a Tempests campaign, I understood how to work with the Rhineland map and prepared good templates for the next projects. There is some possibility that after this Kuban campaign I'll try to make a Fw 190 A-8 campaign for BOBP dedicated to the I./JG 26 in the fall of 1944, if of course Jason approves of this))

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Yes, I do believe that this would also be my reaction.

20 hours ago, 6FG_Big_Al said:

Would be an instant buy for me 😄 The A8 is a really versatile aircraft that could have a fantastic campaign :)

ACG_Burdokva

Eh, tough choice. I fly the 109 by heart and ground handling on the 190 always gives me small heart attacks. Then again, I love the FW-190Fs and Gs. Such underappreciated planes that were massively important to the German war effort.

Might I suggest a Ju-88 dive bomber campaign? I've trying to find excuses to start learning how to fly the Ju-88 and Pe-2 as dive bombers, and there's only one two engine plane campaign so far.

• 1CGS
BlackSix

I've not made a single bomber or dive-bomber campaign in the past 18 years, only a few separate missions for the Pacific Fighters and BOM. I find this gameplay very boring and the range to the target is too long when using historical airfields. Moreover, in our case, the diving Ju 88s were used only in the Battle of Moscow. This project is unpopular, there are no historical airfields for the Ju 88 units, and even if we place them near Vyazma, the distances to the targets will still be very large and unplayable.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 8 months later...
jollyjack

Hi Alex. To add some mustard after this 2020 meal:

I really appreciate the classy scripted campaigns like those made by you, Haash, Gambit etc.

The reason i am not buying more for now, is that i constantly loose my progress, and have to restart them due loosing the gamesaves with the cmpbin types.

This due game updating mostly. As i like some mods occasionally, it ends up with doing a fresh install after a major update, like now with 4.602b.

I know the reasons for the used cmpbin files, but the ones i played out were of the msnbin types, where i could set them to SP and set the mission files accordingly.

Some times it's also nice if you can change a player plane or weapons loadout too. Complete new experiences like LizLemon's torpedo mod if you can use a He111 ...

• Haha 1
  • 1CGS
BlackSix

Hi!

We've discussed this many times, and you are well aware of our official position. Paid campaigns will remain closed for a number of important reasons.

If you need to reinstall game and you want to save your campaigns progress then copy and save folder ...\data\swf\il2\usersave\...

• Thanks 2