Han

Game version 4.002 discussion: SU-122 released. Many new features for all projects.

The new a/c over clouds rendering is significant improvement! THX devs.

clouds01.jpg

clouds02.jpg

clouds03.jpg

clouds04.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

9 minutes ago, Tapi said:

The new a/c over clouds rendering is significant improvement! THX devs.

clouds01.jpg

clouds02.jpg

clouds03.jpg

clouds04.jpg

Wow, that is a significant improvement!

• Like 1

Everything works perfectly AFAIK.

What I appreciate a lot is the login time improvements !

Thank you all for the hard work and flawless delivery Devs !

4 hours ago, Elem said:

He is saying Yes to golgoth believing that it is arcade mode and presenting evidence to the contrary.

Read again:  Question: "Am I the only one  ..."  Answer: YES       

Sometimes it is better to rethink before posting 😉

I bet there's a lot of happy Brits today! The Mozzy is coming!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

All is so cool😍 but... Commander binoculars ....😔

giphy.gif

Edited by andres43

Great update! Thanks. The dive recovery works great and it's useful! Any info about more career mission types?

I just spent about 3 hours in a PWCG campaign in Bodenplatte, flying the Spit Mk IX.

The map is gorgeous, and especially so in VR. This game just looks so awesome in VR. With most settings maxed out performance was very good in my Rift S, maintaining 80 fps for the most part.

Loving the new sound in the Spit, sounds awesome. Little hard to hear the flight leader at times. 

I had to uncheck the Physiology, that high pitched squeal in my earbuds was deafening to my ears. I guess I could eventually get acclimated to it to where I don't get to that point. 

Excellent. 

I love that you added GMC CCKW.  But why  you do just half of it and we do not get it as static object.

And most of all why do we have a static Opel Fuel and a static Zis Fuel and we do not have them as dynamic vehicles.

Please in the next Update do complete these little details.

• Like 1

Fantastic !! thank you for all your hard work everyone ... the SU- 122 is a beast ... and a lot faster that i thought it would be 😄

I havent been on in a little while but I'm tempted to go back soon. Unbelievable work by the Devs here.

Thank you for this!

I am happy about all this updates but I have noticed a strange bug with my favorite plane the Tempest:

The pilots of the other planes get outside of the plane when in full flight (but not in a ejecting way) see picture...

2019_11_23__11_55_18.jpg

2019_11_26__12_52_13.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SOLIDKREATE said:

I bet there's a lot of happy Brits today! The Mozzy is coming!

And more than a few colonials too. Sweet airplane.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, simfan2015 said:

Everything works perfectly AFAIK.

What I appreciate a lot is the login time improvements !

Thank you all for the hard work and flawless delivery Devs !

Yes, the shortened login time is very obvious.  :yahoo:

Great update, new AIs and clouds are fantastic, however I've found a problem that AI is now able to completely see through clouds, which makes the single player game-play quite problematic :( 

I would like to express my gratitude towards Jason and the talented dev team for bringing us a proper contact altimeter simulation.

It indeed was a long awaited feature, also I had no idea that some Soviet planes had a dive recovery system.

I posted a topic on the subject a bit more than a year ago hoping that you would see my message and I guess you did, either way I'm very glad and considering it a case closed.

This is for sure another step towards making Il-2 more of a proper flight sim.

As an additional thank you i'm planning to buy pretty much everything in the store (I'm such a hardcore fan that I would have probably ended up doing it anyway).

I'm now hoping for a complex fuel tank simulation which i'm certain will be brought to the game.

Hats down and godspeed!

P.S: Please update us on the state of the Pacific project I'm sure everyone is curious about it after the "Battle of Normandy" announcement.

Thanks =ICDP= Catney for giving our beloved Soviet planes some love!

Edited by =FEW=Hauggy

57 minutes ago, Rudolph said:

Great update, new AIs and clouds are fantastic, however I've found a problem that AI is now able to completely see through clouds, which makes the single player game-play quite problematic :( 

I'm pretty sure that was always the case.

68. Trees preventing a takeoff from some airfields were cut down on all Rheinland maps.

giphy.gif

Edited by Arsenal53
  • Haha 20
  • Upvote 2

Now that I was able to look in game, I just want to reiterate that the 4K skins for the LaGG3 look great!

Superb job with the textures and normal map.

Thanks @ICDP!

Thank you very much for the update guys, as always really appreciated.:drinks:

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

Aw gee you guys, I want to marry the lot of you. Wife says no.

Really impressed about Normandy and the new a/c stable.

@Jason_Williams,

can we please get at least some information on the progress of pinpointing the reason behind and/or fixing the stuttering in multiplayer?

When questions require difficult answers, You often try to remind us how hard a task it is to run a project like this one.

I do understand this, I think so at least. I do want to support, because I hugely enjoy your creation. And I do appreciate the work, with all you guys do to constantly develop and upgrade the platform, overall experience. But at the same time, I cannot help but feel neglected. While the stuttering issue might not be easy to replicate/fix, it is just a matter of common decency to communicate the state of things to those involved. Because they want to stay involved, and this is becoming more difficult by the day. It has been two fairly large updates since things got so much worse, and although I do believe you're still working on this, I'm slowly loosing that hope. And with that said, all it takes to restore it, is a few words every now and then.

It is certainly difficult to run a niche project like BoX and stay on the surface. Big thanks for this.

But, it is also difficult to stay involved and supportive, when even the topics created for the matter specifically, by the Team themselves, look hopelessly abandoned updates later.

Really looking forward to hearing from You,

Sone

• Upvote 4

I'm afraid about i'm having a bug with BOBP career when i select the Ju 87 . At time to play the mission the route does not appear on map , and i appear like observer , not inside the cabin.

Am I crazy, or did the devs fix the "enemy ai following you all the way back to base" issue? I only flew two missions this evening, but I didn't notice it, and it used to happen 95% of missions I flew in Bodenplatte.

Either way, great job to the devs, I'm really loving Bodenplatte

22 minutes ago, andres43 said:

I'm afraid about i'm having a bug with BOBP career when i select the Ju 87 . At time to play the mission the route does not appear on map , and i appear like observer , not inside the cabin.

Does pressing F1 help to bring you back in the cabin?

Also, try pressing H to hide or show the HUD, or I to show or hide icons. Could also be in your "realism" settings menu!

Edited by GreenSound

16 hours ago, No.322_LuseKofte said:

I love improvements. AI in special. 
I like updates like this more than new stuff. 

Thank you very much

Same thoughts here and so great to see. Thank you Jason & Team!

16 hours ago, Rjel said:

I appreciate the humor in #68. Subtle. 😊

68. Trees preventing a takeoff from some airfields were cut down on all Rheinland maps.

That was cute and seems to indicate people enjoying their work. 🙂

12 hours ago, andres43 said:

All is so cool😍 but... Commander binoculars ....😔

giphy.gif

Binos have been mentioned as coming soon.

30 minutes ago, GreenSound said:

Am I crazy, or did the devs fix the "enemy ai following you all the way back to base" issue? I only flew two missions this evening, but I didn't notice it, and it used to happen 95% of missions I flew in Bodenplatte.

Either way, great job to the devs, I'm really loving Bodenplatte

Does pressing F1 help to bring you back in the cabin?

Also, try pressing H to hide or show the HUD, or I to show or hide icons. Could also be in your "realism" settings menu!

When i start a mission inside the career, all that appears is "start." I don't see the route on the map and I can't configure the plane.Inside the mission I am only in spectator mode

Sin título-2.jpg

I didn't get to play with the previous update before this update. I've had a couple of hours to mess around with it now. LaGG textures are really great. I can't wait to see ICDP work his magic on more older planes like the Yak-1s69 and Pe-2 and such. 

I have finally been able to turn my clouds back on. I can use the extreme setting without a big performance hit. The clouds look a lot better. No more jaggy planes by the clouds.

Every update this game gets better and better. You guys do really good work! I can't wait for my Yak-9!

11 hours ago, 216th_Jordan said:

Nope, clouds served as cover indeed.

I also thought so, because I remember from RoF years go that I could hide in clouds. However yesterday I tried to escape 109s in overcast cloud and they were able to perfectly follow me and shoot at me. I created a mission 1vs1 with starting altitude in overcast and AI is always able to perfectly maneuver in clouds completely disregarding them and shoot. I've reported it in FM/AI discussion section, but I am not sure if it is the right place.

Edited by Rudolph

Just a heads-up: there have also been some changes / improvements to the awards system in career mode, as well as improved mission profiles for a certain day in January 1945, plus some skin changes. :) 

Edited by LukeFF
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, GreenSound said:

I do not think so, I was chased through overcast clouds right up to base in BoM by two 109s and circled around the base until FLAK shot them down...so I think this has not been improved :( 

I have to say, playing the spitfire campaign now on the first ground mission.. 

those 109s come at you like someone disturbed the hornets nest...

ai boom and zooms.. really using their energy.. my spit can barely get up there..  but I do get to catch them in the odd mistake :)

also, with mobile aaa at the ready when not moving..Makes a difference and tougher when trying to approach.. actually enter the objective cursing to myself about the flak and tracers decorating the path in front of me...

And I haven’t noticed them disappear at all of get pixelated with clouds...😁

im liking this sim more and more...

5 hours ago, LukeFF said:

Just a heads-up: there have also been some changes / improvements to the awards system in career mode, as well as improved mission profiles for a certain day in January 1945, plus some skin changes. :) 

I, too, get skin changes in January. Its all that dry winter air.