Jump to content

Invisible Planes Bug


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, JG1_Butzzell said:

Central side is often bounced by invisible SPADS.  We just say "aww crap." and shrug it off.

 

I frankly find it rather hard to believe that someone who is consistently bounced by and INVISIBLE aircraft would simply shrug it off. And if you did, then there's obviously a lack of standards in your mind for a simulator that's supposed to emulate real life damn near 1-1. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, US93_Frost said:

 

I frankly find it rather hard to believe that someone who is consistently bounced by and INVISIBLE aircraft would simply shrug it off. And if you did, then there's obviously a lack of standards in your mind for a simulator that's supposed to emulate real life damn near 1-1. 

We fly Pfalzes against Spads. It's one of things on "we shrug it off" list.

(Besides, not everyone bouncing you thanks to invisibility is a good enough shot to capitalise on it. Far from it.)

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, JG1_Butzzell said:

 

 

This has been going on for a while. It is just that you are now aware of it and making tracks.

 

Central side is often bounced by invisible SPADS.  We just say "aww crap." and shrug it off.

 

Known bug that devs are working on. It may have something to do with the changes in view distance they made.

 

Ok, understand.

 

Our approach is; "without proof of invisibility, it was a good bounce that we just didn't see".

 

You can hear Hunter and others in our streams saying this. Which is why we ctrl-r whenever possible. 

 

A genuine bounce means we've got to work harder, an invisible bounce means the Devs need to.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, US103_Baer said:

 

Ok, understand.

 

Our approach is; "without proof of invisibility, it was a good bounce that we just didn't see".

 

You can hear Hunter and others in our streams saying this. Which is why we ctrl-r whenever possible. 

 

A genuine bounce means we've got to work harder, an invisible bounce means the Devs need to.

 

 

Yes, especially because there are the visibility issues, especially on the dawn / dusk maps. So those 'probable' invisible planes could very well be just a sub product of the poor rendering / visibility / spotting of Il-2 right now. As people always say here, you need to bring a track to confirm it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, J3Hetzer said:

And still not a single post from the staff over this (unless I missed it). It's almost like they don't care it'll be the end of IL2.

 

Nah, it's all in PM on my end. Been sending my tracks to a dev fellow (I think?) after I got fed up and posted in bug reports. 

 

Where it goes from there, who can tell?

 

thumb_kermit-window-meme-jaja-mungfali-53591026.png

 

 

This bug is rampant whether you want to stick your head in the sand about it or not.

 

Edited by US213_Talbot
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, J3Hetzer said:

And still not a single post from the staff over this (unless I missed it). It's almost like they don't care it'll be the end of IL2.

 

From Jason Williams;

 

 

Q. What's the deal with the sometimes invisible planes in MP? What's the cause?

 

A. This issue is a difficult one to solve for many reasons because the root cause is hard to identify. We have “fixed’ the problem a few times already and we are convinced they were first caused by cheaters. We don’t like commenting on cheaters because we don’t want to give anyone any ideas on how to do it, but we tried to eliminate the issue. We thought we had it solved, but it started happening again. This time it’s more complicated because we see evidence of it not being used as cheat and aircraft are seen and not seen by different users on the same server. We also see evidence of it still being used a cheat. Unfortunately, some of the cheat tools out there are very sophisticated and with our custom engine it is easier to cheat then plug the vulnerabilities. Our Security Branch will continue to look for ways to stop cheaters and we will continue to ban those that are caught. Because of the past history with cheaters this invisible plane issue has been muddled and it’s hard to determine the root cause and what is evidence of cheating and which is an actual bug. It’s very frustrating for us to try and solve. We will keep trying to solve it. Please keep filming examples of it when you see it if possible and we prefer you send directly to us in a PM.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If finding the cause is so problematic, but we know the solution, why not apply a bandage until the wound has been operated on and resolved ?

 

We know that firing the guns, or pistol, uncloaks an invisible aircraft.  Why not have a “hidden” event, that performs the same function, every few seconds or so, to constantly perform the same uncloaking ?

 

Another suggestion is to have exhaust gases visible to other players, I see loads of fumes coming from the back of my aircraft, but not from the aircraft of other players.  This would only help, obviously, if exhaust gases performed the same graphical “event” that firing guns does.  Exhaust gases are enabled on WW2 birds, port it over to FC.  


If some players are flying in formation, with some teammates unable to see others until guns are fired can they not fire their guns but perform an experiment ?  Can the invisible aircraft close it’s radiator until steam comes out and does that make the aircraft visible to the rest of the group.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, HagarTheHorrible said:

Another suggestion is to have exhaust gases visible to other players, I see loads of fumes coming from the back of my aircraft, but not from the aircraft of other players.  This would only help, obviously, if exhaust gases performed the same graphical “event” that firing guns does.  Exhaust gases are enabled on WW2 birds, port it over to FC.  


If some players are flying in formation, with some teammates unable to see others until guns are fired can they not fire their guns but perform an experiment ?  Can the invisible aircraft close it’s radiator until steam comes out and does that make the aircraft visible to the rest of the group.

 

It happens in WWII arena so exhaust doesn't affect it I would guess. 

 

It is an interesting question though:

Does steam or improper mixture work to bring back visibility?

 

 

Edited by US213_Talbot
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, US213_Talbot said:

 

It happens in WWII arena so exhaust doesn't affect it I would guess. 

 

It is an interesting question though:

Does steam or improper mixture work to bring back visibility?

 

 


Doesn’t visible exhaust trail only happen at full, or emergency power though, so an aircraft that is just cruising may not be making visual exhaust trail in which case it might remain hidden ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...