Rigsby

Will there be other maps?

Two weeks ... he said two weeks! roflmao.gif

Seriously ... excellent work zeus. Kudos to you guys! :salute:

Edited by csThor

This is wonderful, you guys are doing an amazing job! IMO this really deserves its own thread, 3 months down the line and I've only just seen this!!

We have selebration today: one year ago we decided to create new custom map for Il2.

And small airshow at Novosokolniki:

• Upvote 7

I don't know how you did that, but very nice.

Zeus, thanks to you and all the other folks taking the time to do this. 

Nice work dude, it'll be good to have another map in the server loop after release. :salute:

The AI airshow rehearsal:

attachicon.gif29377313.jpg

With the pines, winter light and everything, I can only imagine how how awesome some Winter war // Leningrad // High Arctic maps

could look like...

Defense of Helsinki while flying Brewesters or attacking the northern convoys flying Ju-88s or...or...or...

Splendid stuff there, Zeus and the team.

With the pines, winter light and everything, I can only imagine how how awesome some Winter war // Leningrad // High Arctic maps

could look like...

Defense of Helsinki while flying Brewesters or attacking the northern convoys flying Ju-88s or...or...or...

Splendid stuff there, Zeus and the team.

Awwww yiss.

Praetor. Just wrong time, wrong thread. ZUES you truly are god like my friend. I heavily look forward to future projects from you guys! Question.. is this a day one release?

Zeus, we will all be celebrating when the new map is released.  Just an excellent and beautiful piece of work.  Congratulations!!

People like to keep topics separated in different threads. This thread is for new maps, there are other threads for talking about adding MP objectives.

I fully agree. I removed all off-topic posts.

Rules will be applied for next off-topic.

@ zeus

Could you, perhaps, post some indication to the dimensions and actual location of the map? I know the rough area, but not exactly how large the map is supposed to be and how it exactly fits into the area. Thanks :)

Zeus, really awesome what you are achieving here. Thank you for your passion and perseverance.

Some day we'll meet in the virtual skies over this great map.

Cheers!

Edited by Aufpassen

Some views fom Novosokolniki map and RKKA military parade:

• Upvote 6

Breathtaking! You deserve a mango. Two, even.

That map seemed alive. Much more so than we've seen in BoS so far. It does leave me with hope for the future.

all we need are more russia and other maps. maybe moscow??? ))))))

who care about west? it just bombers at much altitude doing nothing fun. and japan? boring fights off carriers. this stuff is no fun.

good thing devs know russia is most important front. and also most fun )))

i am thankful devs make stalingrad as start. 777 very smart i think

The way I understand this, this game of the IL-2 series are called Battle of Stalingrad which means we get 5000 square km (and thats a hell of alot if its so)? To me that sounds alot and with the ammount of planes (8 ingame that faught in this battle) I dont really get how they would or could be able to jump to a new map or another place on the planet unless were talking about the same timeline.. Might get a bit confusing to its title, Maybe they will merge it the earlier series (IL-2 CoD), into the same engine (I asume that BoS uses a new and better engine then CoD? 

Anyway, I am new to this whole series and this is my first post in this forum. I have just got my Licence key for the Premium Edition and I am waiting for my x55 Rhino HOTAS to get in my mail which may take about 5 days from now. I have only got to know IL-2 trough http://il2sturmovik.com/, seen some intervies etc on youtube and I am coming from WarThunder becouse Im looking for something more ''real''. So to make it simple I am a IL-2 ''noob'', please feel free to guide me around here!

I love aviation from both WW1 and 2, and I really like the simulation of aerial combat. Have been looking for a great sim like this since I first played Jane's Combat Simulations: WWII Fighters. I just noticed that I made this post into a introduction kind of post, I really have no idea where to start. Hope to see you all in the skies soon! 

AceRevo

"Moscow says, all others are sitting and listening"  :P . Тhanks, beautifully worked out.

:)

Some views fom Novosokolniki map and RKKA military parade:

Liked the free camera!

(I asume that BoS uses a new and better engine then CoD? 

BoS uses the same engine (with some modifications?) as Rise of Flight. Not the same as used in CloD. Anyway, welcome aboard :)

• Upvote 1

BoS uses the same engine (with some modifications?) as Rise of Flight. Not the same as used in CloD. Anyway, welcome aboard :)

Thanks, I also got the RoF downloaded, all I need now is my JS  :salute:

The way I understand this, this game of the IL-2 series are called Battle of Stalingrad which means we get 5000 square km (and thats a hell of alot if its so)?

About 79 000 square km IIRC

• Upvote 1

About 79 000 square km IIRC

That number, thanks for that!! I might get lost going for a flight  :biggrin: Looking forward to get to know the IL-2 series :good:

Btw, Is there something I can do without a stick to get to know this game, I havent downloaded it yet becosue I would wait for my JS to arrive..

Edit: A bit off topic and I know I could just figure it out myself, getting pretty late here now :) Thanks for any answers on the matter

Edited by AceRevo

all we need are more russia and other maps. maybe moscow??? )))))) who care about west? it just bombers at much altitude doing nothing fun. and japan? boring fights off carriers. this stuff is no fun. good thing devs know russia is most important front. and also most fun ))) i am thankful devs make stalingrad as start. 777 very smart i think

You really need to stop being a troll.

• Upvote 3

Hi all!

I've almost finished with implementing the level into the QM. Tanks, convoys, trains, artillery and AA - they are all alive now, roaring and shoting.

29548331.jpg

29548281.jpg

29548301.jpg

What remains is teaching AI planes to recognize all 7 airfields and train them to taxi.

PS. Sorry for russian GUI-map on screens :) WiP :)

Edited by zeus--
  • Upvote 8