Rigsby

Will there be other maps?

good stuff indeed!

Snappy Salute

Just out of curiousity...is there any chance this beautiful map could be embedded in the game oficialy like the Fantasy Island map made it into RoF?

Just out of curiousity...is there any chance this beautiful map could be embedded in the game oficialy like the Fantasy Island map made it into RoF?

I should think there's every chance.   

Looking goooood, DiFiS :salute:

Only if our team will finish it :)

Now we almost finished 3D-set for Velikiye Luki (some unique objects still in development) and I started work on drawing the carpet textures under the city.

post-276-0-08689500-13984335171.jpg

post-276-0-93495000-13984432851.jpg

• Upvote 2

I am utterly impressed with Your amazing work so far! The treelines, forest, roads and settlements look very natural!

Have to say, if there is Zeus or eager peeps with half of the talent of him+his crew, this game has a goddamn awesome future ahead.

The game looks splendid and if the 1c/777 crew plays its cards right, the enthusiasm and talent the crowd can bring in = Win.

Carry on!

When do we get that?

You know the answer: when it's ready.

thank you for the good work and communication. 

Ps: Can you replace the LaGG 3 on screens by a  La-5 or FW-190 next time ...  :rolleyes:

;)

It's an amazing work! Thank you! I really like it! On the other hand I can't wait to look at the Nevel city in spring when all the snow will start to melt away ;) ;) ;) I'm also sure it will look impressive  in autum with all those amazing russian colours... A big <S>!

russian_autumn_by_assadbabil-d5gqwio.jpg

• Upvote 4

I must admit, I go to Warthunder sometimes to get out of that snowy hell. I would love to see Africa/mediterrain maps or at least Russia/Ukraine during spring, summer and autumn. I guess that on the long run I will grow tired of all white lanscapes.

• Upvote 2

If BoS is successful I'd think everything you can imagine, and more, will become available. Eventually. It's worked for RoF. And DCS. How much does a DCS plane cost? They keep making new ones, so one has to assume even expensive single planes have worked for them as a business model. RoF's are far cheaper, albeit far less complex.

Maps and planes... 3tapsu.jpg

It's an amazing work! Thank you! I really like it! On the other hand I can't wait to look at the Nevel city in spring when all the snow will start to melt away ;) ;) ;) I'm also sure it will look impressive  in autum with all those amazing russian colours... A big <S>!

russian_autumn_by_assadbabil-d5gqwio.jpg

That is pretty enough that I'd do solo missions just to sight see and cruise about.

Wow, I am impressed.

I participated in some historical online stuff that was a lot of fun but the normal online play holds no interest.  Some good historical dynamic campaigns offline would seal the deal.

• Upvote 1

These cities have a very nice organic feel to them, far better than the generic looking cities in old IL2!

Yes, thats the benefit to be able to draw the underlying textures by hand from historical sources and place the objects, trees etc accordingly.

Hi pilots!

A little update.

WIP carpet-texturing of Velikie Luki in the left bank of the Lovat-river:

28037571.jpg

28037641.jpg

And unique 3D objects:

28018461.jpg

locomotive depot (while without carpet-textures)

27959671.jpg

• Upvote 7

Great work Zeus.  Really looking forward to using this map.  S! :salute:

Edited by arthursmedley

Danish volenteers from Freikorps Dänemark actually defended Velikie Luki. Its gonna be interesting to support own countrymen in Russia. ;) Thats a first for me.

• Upvote 1

S!

The map looks gorgeous and detailed, very lively. There is only one thing hampering the overall experience: draw distances in BoS. You get somewhat detailed terrain only very close to your plane and trees pop in and out with the zoom. This is a very noticeable effect too and not looking good. I hope the game could have better draw distances and LOD transitions than now in the future.

Again: Impressive work on the map!

The terrain does indeed give a very living feeling. Top notch guys.  :salute:

The guy having the canopy open and not dying from brain freeze totally ruins the immersion.....

:P

Hi, pilots.

28564751.jpg

This is so-called "estimated demo-map". Flight zone of 51x51 km (2600 sq.km.) As soon as it will be ready, we'll present it for common access.

We'll planned place 6 small airfields there (non-historic)

• Upvote 7

Hi, pilots.

attachicon.gif28564751.jpg

This is so-called "estimated demo-map". Flight zone of 51x51 km (2600 sq.km.) As soon as it will be ready, we'll present it for common access.

We'll planned place 6 small airfields there (non-historic)

Wow! Thank you!  :happy:

:salute: MJ

28706371.jpg

Test flights flights over the Novosokolniki map.

Now we are at the final, decoration stage, and we'll add same airfields and map will be ready for fight

Edited by zeus--
  • Upvote 5

Very good news Zeus. Does it means that the map will be release at the same time that the game ?

Very good news Zeus. Does it means that the map will be release at the same time that the game ?

I hope so.

Thx for the answer. It will be a valuable add for the game having one more map. :)

Very nice.

Are you going to add any improvised road airstrips?