Rigsby

Will there be other maps?

The I-153 goes well with the Kuban map too.

Agreed.

But we need some mountaintop/side airfields to enjoy the funky bad weather landings for those lovely planes.  :)

The Hungarians were part of Army Group South and operated north of the Romanian army. Broadly speaking, in the northern half of the Ukraine.

• Upvote 1

Agreed.

But we need some mountaintop/side airfields to enjoy the funky bad weather landings for those lovely planes.  :)

AI take off/landing behavior in winds over 8mps is still bugged, so taking advantage of wind as an immersion tool is impossible at any airfield currently if AI are involved.

The Kursk map will tentatively be 100×100km. They said so somewhere. That is huge, and I think is large enough ti have a few air fields. I wonder how aircraft will be implemented in the tank game.

A true tank sim with lots of combined arms will be great, but since all the action is happening on the ground, surely the ground maps need to be more detailed?

And I wonder if they will map the sky all the way up to the stratosphere, or just have the maps end a few hundred meters up and then have a sky wall paper beyond.

Edited by hames123

The Kursk map will tentatively be 100×100km. They said so somewhere. That is huge, and I think is large enough ti have a few air fields. I wonder how aircraft will be implemented in the tank game.

A true tank sim with lots of combined arms will be great, but since all the action is happening on the ground, surely the ground maps need to be more detailed?

And I wonder if they will map the sky all the way up to the stratosphere, or just have the maps end a few hundred meters up and then have a sky wall paper beyond.

It's still the same engine.

More detailed ground/objects and a few airfields.

What if any aircraft will be included with just the tanks purchase remains to be seen.

I'm curious about something. We are now going to get the new RoF`s flying circus and it will be updated with the same simulation machine as BoX. The maps we have for the old RoF, Western Front, English Channel and maybe Tarnapol will eventually be upgraded or rebuild. Is it possible that new RoF's maps from 1915 - 1918 also be updated to BoX 1939 - 1945 maps and vice versa.I think this would be a good opportunity for the developers to get two birds in one stone.(Although it will be a little extra effort to investigate the variations of landscapes, villages and cities between World War I and World War II over the same map.) Personaly i doubt that we will get a WW1 version of the BoBP map, because of little air activity in World War 1I know it has been discussed previously here in forum, but it turned out that BoS and old RoF's maps were incompatible. Different sim engine between old RoF and BoX.

Since RoF`s flying circus was announsed does anyone else think that this might be a possibility?

I've had the same what-if thoughts and ideally we'd see both but I think more realistically we'll see just the WWI oriented maps for Flying Circus.

Nothing would stop someone from flying a WWII aircraft over the map (same engine, fully integrated) but the objects would be WWI. To redo everything sounds like a lot of work and a lot of work means a lot of time and that's something that Jason has repeatedly stressed is not something they have a lot of. So they do what they can.

The map we're getting with Flying Circus is itself a concession a bit being "only" 100x100km. That's still not a bad size and given the speeds of WWI aircraft its very very acceptable. But it does say to me that they thought trying to do the full West Front map from Rise of Flight over again was biting off more than they could chew.

2 hours ago, Uufflakke said:

Sorry for reanimating this old thread but besides the cancelled Murmans project ( :sorry:) and an announcement for a Karelia map there used to be an Odessa map in the making.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/492-курилка-картоделов/?page=12

Does anyone know its status or Is that one also cancelled?

Mentioned earlier in this thread too. No word for a long time now.