AnPetrovich

Developer Diary 228 - Discussion

Unless my eyes are deceiving me, the air intake on the bottom of the P-51's nose has been corrected. If so, kudos to the team for catching it. It's a small detail to be sure but so distinctive (to me anyway). 

Amazing DD. Again. Roll on September. 

7 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

It’s a bomb. We don’t have drop tanks yet.

The important part of the sentence is the word "yet". That is indeed great news :-)

• Upvote 2

Pretty sure that means we are getting the gloster meteor next year😎

2 minutes ago, [3./J88]PikAss said:

A plane that never saw Combat? Are you fucking serious? We turn this into War Thunder or IL1946 where prototypes and planes that have never fought each other, will dogfight each other? No, thanks!

The meteor was deployed to this area at this stage of the war covered in the game, as it was deployed to battle with the 262.why should it not be considered just because the brits were too scared to fly it over occupied territory? 

because it was considered top secret to an extent?

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, easyhomewin said:

The meteor was deployed to this area at this stage of the war covered in the game,

Can't really have much of a Campaign mode in it compared to other options on the table that saw action from the invasion, such as the Spit XIV & Typhoon squadrons.

Edited by Talon_
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, easyhomewin said:

as it was deployed to battle with the 262.

Sources please? My understanding was that it was used for ground attacks.

Damn, isn't that P-38 simply gorgeous??!?!!!😁 - though all three look great!

Pilot physiology sounding great - hope to see it in practice soon....and more surprise collector planes??!!!!! -yessssssss. Gunna poop my pants if a Mosie is one of the surprises!😆

nice DD, love game improvments, and look of cockpits on new airplanes.

increses in vis distances are mutch appreciated 👍

Now i wonder if ju87 will finally get automatic recovery. With this new pilot physiology ju87 pilots can pass out now. That would be helpful modification to have :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Would LOVE a hurricane.

Would like a Mosquito

Would take a Spitfire XIV 

Any fun / interesting Axis aircraft would also be awesome.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, bzc3lk said:

Sources please? My understanding was that it was used for ground attacks.

Maybe the intent was to fight the 262, but by the time it was deployed there was little air opposition to speak of?

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, AnPetrovich said:

And last but not least, we have begun preliminary work on a couple cool Collector Planes. We aren’t announcing them quite yet, but they will available for pre-order later this year and then in your hangar next year. Sorry, no hints quite yet!

No hints but some interesting hidden message anyway...;)

Edited by Pierre64
  • Like 1
  • Haha 33
  • Upvote 3

Tho i wonder what are these CE planes :huh: I hope it's something for eastern front too. Would love Ju87 B2 and Bf110F1/2 maybe some night fighter version. But i have strong feeling premium planes will be Li-2 and Fw189. Also think hurricane will come since a lot of people here wanted it so badly.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Pierre64 said:

No hints but some interesting hidden message anyway...;)

We're through the looking glass here people!!!!

1 hour ago, ACG_Herne said:

image.png.cde078b88b9fbdc5360bed85c5aa5e29.png

thats more like scrach on window, but in propeler area you can see 4 small contacts, and in original picture there is few more same like that, its hard to see from picture it would be more noticable in real play

• Upvote 1

The best bit of the DD is the announcement of 2 more collector planes.

My guess: the DC3 is one of them.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, 77.CountZero said:

thats more like scrach on window, but in propeler area you can see 4 small contacts, and in original picture there is few more same like that, its hard to see from picture it would be more noticable in real play

you are probably right, I just checked original pic and these old eyes couldn't see anything beyond that scratch lol. 

You guys work so hard, it truly is amazing what you have done and are doing. Your team deserves a nice Vacation! Next thing you know, we will be smelling oil mist from our engines and  smoke in the cockpit! Great Job indeed!!

2 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

Because it detracts from the other stuff we have going on and we want to make sure they are still possible after we do our pre-production research.

Jason

May I though ask a little question regarding the collector planes - will they be in connection with the Bodenplatte scenario only or in general with Great Battles series ?

Posted (edited)
Just now, ACG_Herne said:

you are probably right, I just checked original pic and these old eyes couldn't see anything beyond that scratch lol. 

from 2nd picture where you can see dots and some are brighter depending on light at them if im not mistaken

contacts.jpg

PS. its better to look at original picture as this one lost on quality 

on first picture i could count 12 airplanes in there

Edited by 77.CountZero

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, 77.CountZero said:

from 2ns picture where you can see dots and some are brighter depending on light at them if im not mistaken

damn you did well to spot all of those, I see one or two, but damn . . . . . 

Edit :- Dev's could have made a spot the plane competition lol

Edited by ACG_Herne

on that picture you posted there is like 6 bomber formation, and probably fighter diving on them, middle of your picture

if visibility improvments work as intended it will be big change in online play, more relaxed play :)

Some questions (possibly for a future dev update):

- Will the physiology model apply to FC aircraft? Some of the aircraft are still very twitchy (which could result in very short lived high instantaneous g-rates) and I'm wondering if this could be an issue. Perhaps improving the flight model to take into account airflow over the fuselage (as was done with the WWII flight model) would help?

- Will the pilot physiology model impact the ability to clear gun jams or reload guns? Or will we still be able to pull 3-g flying 'with our knees' while reloading the Lewis guns? 😄

3 hours ago, II./JG77_Kemp said:

Unbelievable, 15 mins gone and no replies.

That's because everyone was still drooling over the screenshots 😁

Btw, are you guys thinking about a Parallel Projection patch for the 10° offset canted displays like the Pimax has, to also patch object culling starting a bit too early in the right eye on the right hand side of vision? linky winky

Can't wait for the Pony and the sound of her .50 cals ! ! !

• Upvote 2

Oh great Jason! Guru

:)

Maybe u cant not say us which planes will be collector... but maybe can tell us how many of them are planned?

gracias.

namaste

• Confused 1

Thank you for your splendid work. Just looking at the photos of the airfields I already imagined several themes for my future campaigns.
Collector plane? I hope it's the Me-410
Regards!

47 minutes ago, 77.CountZero said:

from 2nd picture where you can see dots and some are brighter depending on light at them if im not mistaken

contacts.jpg

PS. its better to look at original picture as this one lost on quality 

on first picture i could count 12 airplanes in there

Only one of these circles is right. At 4K it's a bit easier and I knew were to look. There are lots of factors that will determine if planes far out are easily spotted.

Jason

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Looks awesome, all of it! Love the pilot physiology stuff -anything that adds more realism is more than welcome in my book. Ditto with the draw distance, which is a massive step up and more realistic. The Lightning and mustang look great (makes me wish I could afford the $80 price tag, but maybe in the future)

As to the collector planes: I'm gonna go with the Li-2 since it was announced a while back as a possibility, and hopefully the C47 with it as they are pretty similar ( although not as similar as we might think: From the LI-2 article on Wikipedia: "Despite the original intention to incorporate as few changes as necessary to the basic design,[6] the GAZ-84 works had to make some 1,293 engineering change orders to the original Douglas drawings, involving part design, dimensions, materials and processes, most as a part of metrication of the design from U.S. customary units to suit Soviet standards")

Not that we'd necessarily notice those changes, so a combination 3d model Li-2/C-47/DC-3 would be fine by me..

Edited by Flashy

10 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

Only one of these circles is right. At 4K it's a bit easier and I knew were to look. There are lots of factors that will determine if planes far out are easily spotted.

Jason

Any chance of an uncompressed image Jason?

Posted (edited)

I' d like to see night fighter mission with Bf110 or Ju88 nachtjager..

The implemention of radar and operating with another guy managing the sistem could be great!!

Edited by ITAF_Rani
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ITAF_Rani said:

I' d like to see night fighter mission with Bf110 or Ju88 nachtjager..

The implemention of radar and operating with another guy managing the sistem could be great!!

It's an interesting proposition, if you consider that all of the Bodenplatte strike forces were guided to their respective targets by night fighters with their navigation equipment..

Oh man!  The trio of US fighters in formation (P-51, P-38, P-47) screen shots have given me a hard-on for the ages and made me 'soil' my jeans!

11 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

Jason

That one in top left can be clearly sean as airplane, but i dont know what other black dots are then if not contacts some sure look like they are chasing each other in distance.

But just from picture its hard to know for sure, so if its only one then its only one

Just now, 77.CountZero said:

That one in top left can be clearly sean as airplane, but i dont know what other black dots are then if not contacts some sure look like they are chasing each other in distance.

But just from picture its hard to know for sure, so if its only one then its only one

Most of them look like .jpg artifacts to me.

Posted (edited)

The Meteor has never seen Combat, oh wait it did, friendly fire over UK.

I don't know how this Thing is called but it looks interesting, maybe make this one?

Bildergebnis für b 17 bomber gun positions

Edited by [3./J88]PikAss
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1