Lofte

Tank mission - "Winter Storm - 3.12.1942"

Semi-historical mission for german tanker on PzKmpf. III Ausf.M, dedicated to operation Winter Storm (Wintergewitter)

Source of inspiration - the book by H.Scheibert "Bis Stalingrad 48 km: Der Entsatzversuch 1942. Dokumentation einer dramatischen Panzerschlacht"

Works fine only with FullHD resolution (1920x1080). Doubt about others (that's about custom pictures in mission).

Mission description below (see hidden text. sory for google translation from russian language)

Spoiler

For the release of the 6th Army encircled in Stalingrad, the command of the Wehrmacht by December 1942 gathered three armored divisions in an armored fist: 6, 23 and 17th.
The main striking force of the group was the 6th Panzer Division, which arrived from France and was fully equipped with equipment and well-trained personnel.
The starting point of the counter offensive was Kotelnikovo. The ultimate goal was Stalingrad.

December 3, 1942, Kotelnikovo.
Distance to the outer ring of the Stalingrad pocket is 130 km.

You are the Hauptmann Horst Scheibert, commander of the 6th company of the 11th tank regiment of the 6th tank division.
Echelons with armored vehicles of the division have just begun to arrive in the town of Kotelnikvo, into which the advanced units of the Russians have already rushed.
You have only a few tanks and anti-tank guns that you managed to unload from the platforms. Your first task is to fight off the Reds' tank attack on the railway station and prevent them from destroying armored vehicles preparing for unloading .. Your immediate commander is the commander of the 11th tank Regiment 6th division - colonel Hünersdorf will assign you tasks and inform about the situation during the mission.

Good luck in battle.
-------------
Headquarters of the 6th Armored division

1.thumb.jpg.a3807e54d5bae94576b7f8432b71b486.jpg  2.thumb.jpg.9fb866757ad8d8a35d0116a72b6f02c3.jpg  3.thumb.jpg.9d655594df5881beaea32e87a507410f.jpg

Download here >> http://bodenplatte-45.narod.ru/WG.rar

Deploy in C:\IL-2\data\Missions\ 

PS - this is my first mission in BoS. Any comments, bug messages, language corrections etc. will be appreciated.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

Cool mission Lofte! I dont have Tank Crew, so I changed the tank to the free PzIII-l instead, and its quite the challenge with that tank - you have to get to point blank range to take out those Kv-1's. But it was good fun. We need more historical tank missions IMO. Its funny though, I was just reading about this operation (winter storm) last night, and then this morning you release a mission for it - what are the odds of that?

Winterstorm.jpg

Edited by Flashy
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Flashy said:

Cool mission Lofte! I dont have Tank Crew, so I changed the tank to the free PzIII-l instead, and its quite the challenge with that tank - you have to get to point blank range to take out those Kv-1's. But it was good fun. We need more historical tank missions IMO. Its funny though, I was just reading about this operation (winter storm) last night, and then this morning you release a mission for it - what are the odds of that?

Well, thaks for feedback, @Flashy) I'm glad you enjoy it. Operation "Winter Storm" is one of the most interesting subjects for me, so maybe one day next mission about it will see the world..)

Edited by Lofte
  • Like 2

Thanks, very nice mission. Very difficult, I haver not won yet. ATiger eats T34's as breakfast but a Pz III has a hard time killing them (and the KV1 even harder) 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, pa4tim said:

Thanks, very nice mission. Very difficult, I haver not won yet. ATiger eats T34's as breakfast but a Pz III has a hard time killing them (and the KV1 even harder) 

Not really difficult) Just don't try to keep up with russian tanks head to head on Pz III. Аnd always use APCR shells at distances <= 500 m. 

Thanks for posting, will download next time I am on PC.

noob questions

where/how do I install this?(note playing on steam so tanks is under the IL2 Stalingrad game...…………………….

in that steam folder I do have a data folder and then a tanks one - but from the download have hw2 media folder and then outside it lots of language files? - where does it all go....

21 minutes ago, mac2244 said:

noob questions

where/how do I install this?(note playing on steam so tanks is under the IL2 Stalingrad game...…………………….

in that steam folder I do have a data folder and then a tanks one - but from the download have hw2 media folder and then outside it lots of language files? - where does it all go....

Programsx86/steam/steamapps/common/Battle of Stalingrad/data/missions/

1 hour ago, Yogiflight said:

Programsx86/steam/steamapps/common/Battle of Stalingrad/data/missions/

thanks

so in that "missions" folder already have a folder called tank and then 6 or 7 files outside that (guess this is just another mission)- assume all downloaded missions

have a similar structure - folder with a lot of separate files outside the core folder and you simply drop them into this missions folder?

8 hours ago, mac2244 said:

thanks

so in that "missions" folder already have a folder called tank and then 6 or 7 files outside that (guess this is just another mission)- assume all downloaded missions

have a similar structure - folder with a lot of separate files outside the core folder and you simply drop them into this missions folder?

I can't say you much more about, what exactly it is, as I am not a programmer, either, but you are right, you usually have those sub files ending with eng, ger, rus and so on. 

So just extract the 'Operation Winter Storm' file into the 'Missions' folder and you are fine. It will be listed in your game's Missions section down below, as it is in alphabetical order.