I saw another one today, just an hour ago. I think this is the fourth or fifth since November, when I started to record these tracks. This one, looks like he was also looking for an invisible plane, but I did not ask on chat. If he has a track, we can confirm it - otherwise I imagine he was firing at empty air because he wasn’t sure (we are advising each other to fire the guns or to reload it whenever we suspect of an invisible plane around).

Also check the second video with my view from the cockpit. It is apparently clear that he was firing to show some invisible plane, but like I said, he could have not seen me, since I was way below his level and in these cases we usually won't see a thing. It would be nice to confirm it.

You can literally experience this issue on a near daily basis which makes it not far fetched to call it game breaking.

• Upvote 4

Yeah I saw it last night, I had a squad mate chasing an enemy plane and I could not find it, I was flying within 200m of the plane in perfect sight of where the plane should be, thinking my wing man was going mad firing at nothing... then all of a sudden a single round hits the 'invisible plane' and the plane instantly appears right where I was looking and where he was firing.

:o:

This bug is making the game not worth playing - you keep chasing the pixels and the are not even there 😄 What a crap and it is here for ages. I think it would be great not to buy any new stuff unless they fix this and spotting but I know it not gonna happen sadly.

• Like 4

03/04/2020 

Following this thread from Geramos, another proof. TAW server I had been seeing this bomber for 30 kilometers, as soon as it got closer around 5-10 km it disappeared, the only way to find it is with the FLAK, I see its bomb drop but not the plane, its gunners fire and PLOF suddenly appears. This should be corrected, it is serious, just like objects on the ground render 3-5 km away ... and it has happened to me more than 5 times ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Ala13_UnopaUno_VR said:

Following this thread from Geramos, another proof. TAW server I had been seeing this bomber for 30 kilometers, as soon as it got closer around 5-10 km it disappeared, the only way to find it is with the FLAK, I see its bomb drop but not the plane, its gunners fire and PLOF suddenly appears. This should be corrected, it is serious, just like objects on the ground render 3-5 km away ... and it has happened to me more than 5 times ...

Thanks for reporting this.  This has to be fixed ASAP.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Posted (edited)

Here is another example... hope this can be fixed somewhat soon. MP mission on CombatBox. Saw the flak, followed it and could not see the plane until 1.8km out he just *poof* appears.

Edited by H_Stiglitz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

These videos are great but you are going to have to also zip the track files and post those for the devs.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Ala13_UnopaUno_VR said:

03/04/2020 

What is clear there is 2 types of invisability problems in game:

1 where airplane disapere at short ranges, happends in SP and MP its for sure something wrong with LOD of airplanes, this is what they plan to fix

2. and what happends only in MP and its clearly net problem. Player shows up only when his guns start to shoot, some data is not transfared to you when he started. I expirianced this where i see airplane bt others dont untill airplane start to shoot. This probably wont get fix fast as its network related and happends on populated servers or heavy missions.

Edited by CountZero
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, CountZero said:

What is clear there is 2 types of invisability problems in game:

1 where airplane disapere at short ranges, happends in SP and MP its for sure something wrong with LOD of airplanes, this is what they plan to fix

2. and what happends only in MP and its clearly net problem. Player shows up only when his guns start to shoot, some data is not transfared to you when he started. I expirianced this where i see airplane bt others dont untill airplane start to shoot. This probably wont get fix fast as its network related and happends on populated servers or heavy missions.

That sums it up perfectly! Thanks for clearing that up, i think this is the kind of info the devs really can use! 👍
One thing i'd like to add to the MP Invisibilty Bug: It's not only shooting, that makes them visible. The moment the "invisible" plane triggers an action, like shooting, turning on nav lights, etc. the data about the plane (e.g. position) on the game client side gets updated and the plane pops in.

• Upvote 2

Maybe a stop gap should be for the server to activate lights on spawn plane 10 seconds after the spawn.  Something to make sure everyone has been triggered to be seen?  But yea.  Come on guys.  5 years and still same old bug.  

• Upvote 4

For Flying Circus this bug is a show-stopper.

Reposting here (from other threads) 2 multiplayer videos taken from tracks that demonstrate clearly the issue and the impact on gameplay. They were taken in 2 successive Squad Ops sessions, proving that it is indeed a common occurrence.

You cannot have invisible planes in a CFS.

Thursday Fly-In March 26th, 2020. Jasta 5 Flugpark Server

Thursday Fly-In April 2nd, 2020. Jasta 5 Flugpark Server

Posted (edited)

Another Ghostplane video, this time the server wasn't even that crowded. Playback the first Part in Slowmo.
I zipped and uploaded the ingame trackfile, download link below(Ghostplane Bug happens at 08:26):
https://workupload.com/file/Nt5Vq9tf46S

Edited by JG4_Knipser

So we had an eleven page thread on this topic in WWI-Land that they shut down and referred us to this thread. If you so choose to you can go through our thread, linked below, and see that this bug is absolutely RAMPANT over there. I theorize that this happens very often, more often than not, and that we are "seeing" it (or actually "catching" it) much more in in FC due to the slower closing speed versus WWII-Land

I have found that this bug has something to do with the 10k bubble as I can see the contacts outside of it disappear once they hit that 10k line. 

Five out of six sorties we are seeing this, lol.

Absolutely shocked this has been an issue for five years. But hey, guess they already got my money so whatever.

Enjoy.

• Like 1

Two things were confirmed recently.  The first is that the old bug from 2015 where a plane does not show until it fires its guns is still present.   The second is that the same plane that is invisible to one player is NOT invisible to all players.  I am in the process of acquiring a track from a squad mate that shows this and will post it once I have it.

Once again, the videos are nice but please post the actual in-game tracks for the devs if you want it fixed.

There should be some tracks in the WW1 thread that was recently locked (linked above). 

A couple squadron mates and I are under the impression that these planes will render outside of the 10k-render-distance 'sphere' around the player, but when the plane comes into that 10k radius it disappears.

1 hour ago, US93_Larner said:

Some good news from over on the Russian forum;

https://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/13195-ответы-джейсона-на-вопросы-нашего-сообщества/?tab=comments#comment-760113

Concerning the visibility of contacts:

As you remember, Jason asked me to deal with this issue in my free time . I was surprised, of course,  : biggrin: but I accepted the task.

In a topic specially created back in December, I collected all the information I needed to assess the situation. Thanks to everyone who wrote there constructively and on business. Anyone else who floods the topic - keep up the good work. The more flood and offtopic - the faster the ru-forum will be closed. We are one step away from this decision.

Further.

The information was collected, now we need to deal with the causes of the problems. It takes time. I warned right away that you should not expect quick results from me.

Ever since I left vacation at the end of the January holidays, I have had two days off. Two. Who has already watched Maxim Savelyev’s video - how I spent my last day off - this is the face of a man who slept for three and a half hours before being pulled out to the airfield. Because on the night before I was preparing a beta for the next DM test, which you all probably read about. And the last 2 months, all my working time, 12-15 hours a day, is spent on this particular DM.

I hope that I answered the burning question why the "contact visibility problem" is still not being solved 

Now Jason, seeing that the situation with "visibility of contacts" does not move at all (which was expected), suggested allocating a separate time for several key employees to search for a solution. I am only glad about this. Probably, we will deal with this after the release of version 4.005, because until that moment all the forces of the team are now going to prepare this update.

PS

Yes, just in case, I’ll clarify that the problem of “invisible airplanes”, which Daniel spoke about, that I’ll deal with it after the release of 4.005, concerns “ghost” airplanes in multiplayer (which appear out of the blue), and not low visibility on middle distances. These are two different problems. And for the "ghosts" I already have a task in terms of.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

The issue keeps happening to me every few hours of game. It always has the exact same behavior, which is for all moving objects to suddenly disappear: planes (not parked ones), tanks, trucks  and ships. All other objects like warehouses and factories remain the same. This is why I also try to have someone or something in sight that will prove the bug is not happening, like staying close to ships or a landing strip (friendly or not).

The issue goes away only if leave the server and get in again. Everyone else sees me, and this has been confirmed both when flying on formation, preparing to take off or even by the fact that enemy planes naturally kill me without me being able to do much about it.

It is by far the worst bug in the game because it really removes all trust in what I see, specially when I am doing long solitary runs over enemy territory. For what is worth, I would prefer to be disconnected every time this happens than playing like a fool without seeing anyone until I get killed.

I tried reinstalling the whole game but the bug persisted. I don't know how collect the logs to help the developers, but if someone can give a step by step tutorial I will be happy to contribute for the solution.

One day I flew six sorties on a server and I encountered this bug in five of those sorties. 

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

Its very interesting to read the Russian Forums, Check out Jason's answers to the Russian Questions. He gets top marks for trying to communicate and action peoples concerns imho.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/13173-вопросы-к-джейсону-об-ил-2-штурмовик-великие-сражения/?tab=comments#comment-759861

Edited by J5_Spyboy

On 4/6/2020 at 9:13 PM, US93_Larner said:

(...)
A couple squadron mates and I are under the impression that these planes will render outside of the 10k-render-distance 'sphere' around the player, but when the plane comes into that 10k radius it disappears.

It is the case. I've got it recorded and I've sent replays to devs.

On 4/7/2020 at 9:26 PM, J5_Spyboy said:

Its very interesting to read the Russian Forums, Check out Jason's answers to the Russian Questions. He gets top marks for trying to communicate and action peoples concerns imho.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/13173-вопросы-к-джейсону-об-ил-2-штурмовик-великие-сражения/?tab=comments#comment-759861

Quote from Jason's post.

Tracks that demonstrate the issue clearly is important for internal investigation. We have asked the community for these many times, but they are rarely sent to us and when they are, what and where we should look is also rarely explained. This makes investigation a slow process.

(...) but they are rarely sent to us and when they are, what and where we should look is also rarely explained (...)

I'm disappointed. People are first to whine about bugs and throwing stones at devs, but when it comes to helping devs and basically every player, there is none to help.

3 hours ago, =LG=Mad_Mikhael said:

I'm disappointed. People are first to whine about bugs and throwing stones at devs, but when it comes to helping devs and basically every player, there is none to help.

@US213_Talbot aren't you sending regular tracks in PM for a developer?

Posted (edited)

Yup. Every track I get.

I also created another tech complaint on this and in the thread is the fellow I'm sending tracks to.

But it's always awesome to send these track out to devs and they never read the message...

So yeah. Doing my part at least.

Edited by US213_Talbot
  • Upvote 1

Also, they only say "send us the trackfile". If you wanted specific information how about you ask for it as well. Hell, perhaps make a document of some sort with specific questions outlining the particular information they are seeking?

Friggin google docs and google drive are available for this.

• Upvote 1

I think it's obvious to at least write a time where a plane appears out from nowhere. And I'm sure my message with tracks was read by them since they answered back to me.

Posted (edited)

Well I send mine sooooo......

Edited by US213_Talbot

Two other guys in my squadron sent tracks months ago. 

Never read them.

They have some tracs thats for sure. Sadly I deleted all tracks from the videos I did. I will try to find them. Or to save the tracks when that will happen to me again

Don't they say they have already collected Info to assess the situation, 

And now time is needed for fix, 

does this not suggest that they no longer need info to prove something exists that they have already acknowledged exists? 

See DD Arthur post with An Petrovich quote in green above

Cheers, Dakpilot 

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Dakpilot said:

does this not suggest that they no longer need info to prove something exists that they have already acknowledged exists?

Assumption is a mother of all *#*#*. ;)

This bug only supplements the horrid/unrealistically difficult visibility we have in-game. (for those of us not using 40" HD screens, that is)

Edited by [DBS]TH0R

2 hours ago, [DBS]TH0R said:

Assumption is a mother of all *#*#*. ;)

This bug only supplements the horrid/unrealistically difficult visibility we have in-game. (for those of us not using 40" HD screens, that is)

Did you even read the post I referenced? 

🙄

Cheers, Dakpilot 

If shooting the handgun solves it (as it does - you immediately pop visible out of the blue), maybe a patch (if not a fix) can be figured out? (as someone has said somewhere, just run whatever code is run when you fire a gun... sort of; I'm actually a programmer so I'm perfectly aware of how imprecise this is; but you get the idea).