Han

Developer Diary 221 - Discussion

Just now, Han said:
Dear friends,

As the development continues, we have new stuff to show you today.

S.E.5a combined all the main combat characteristics needed for a victory - speed, firepower and maneuverability.

Albatros D.Va was a symbol of the first half of WWI and its streamlined profile is easily identifiable.

For Tank Crew project we're developing the interiors of the next two tanks together with our partners: PzKpfw. IV Ausf. G and T-34 made by UVZ factory at the beginning of 1943.

Today we can show you the renders of the new T-34 interior made by Uralvagonzavod.

And finally, the news about our biggest project, Bodenplatte.

Today we can show you a couple of screenshots showing the building damage on the Bodenplatte map:

And here's one of the new AI-controlled vehicles - Willys MB off-roader.

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials

• Like 8
  • Thanks 7
  • Upvote 8

Many thanks for all these very good news!!!!😉👍

Hi all and sorry if this is a silly question or has been asked before but,

Is this T34 going to replace the existing in the game or is a different one?

Another question regarding Tank Crew and Flying Circus, do the planes/tanks have 10 skins per model as per the other Great Battles modules? Currently the only plane with less available skins is the UV-2S(Unless is going to be updated with more skins)

Great job so far, beautiful planes, tank interior, cities...etc Quality in your products is rising up like a Komet!!!

Regards,

Pedro

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

Beautiful.

Glad to see my favorite ride from Rise Of Flight back (Se5a) and the DVa too.

Have a nice day.

:salute:

Edited by FlyingShark
  • Upvote 1

Man, the image of destroyed Cologne with the kathedral look so good i thought it was a photo of Notre Dame for a second (too soon?)

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

There IS news on the BoBp planes, "Of course, the development of the remaining [BoBp] aircraft is progressing at full speed."  That's great news.  Read the text as well as look at the pictures.

I could have had my own SE5a, in real life.  After the commuter airline I flew for went out of business I took my kids to the Arkansas Air Museum at Drake Fielf in Fayetteville, Arkansas and in the hanger an old friend of my fathers I knew was completing his replica SE5a.  It looked full-size but possibly was slightly smaller, I don't know what kits are available but it looked authentic, not at all like some kits I've seen.  I'm very familiar with the a/c and this looked like the original.  

The old gentleman was in the finishing-up stages of his build.  He knew I flew ragwing taildraggers for years before I flew military and airlines and he said, "Do you want to be the pilot?  Do you want to come fly it?"

After a few more words I realized he was offering me the chance to fly it whenever I wanted, basically as my personal aircraft.  He was quite old then and probably wanted a younger, current pilot to fly his baby.  

One part of me loved having my own fighter to fly at will.  But I had two little kids and my mind instantly thought that modern wings stall at the wing root first so the ailerons stay effective well into the stall.  I didn't know if the SE5a wing had that aerodynamic characteristic and margin of safety.  I've flown high-performance a/c but my flying instincts are grounded in modern aircraft beginning with a 1947 Champ and a WWII veteran [New Guinea Campaign] L-4 Cub.    I have no idea and I'm sure it varies as to year and design but some The Great War aircraft might even stall at the wingtip first depending on wing design, washout, etc.  

I sadly declined.  I was entering law school soon and had two little kids and decided to forgo the chance to have my own SE5a.

Can you guess the ending?  I've regretted it ever since.  

Edited by TP_Sparky
  • Like 3
  • Sad 6

That jeep made much happier than any update about new planes. I've been looking forward to new ground units for a while, did not expect to see such high detail models.

SE5a and DVa, the two planes I've wanted to fly in VR the most! Can't Wait!

(I really hope the gun angles on the SE5a are fixed from how they were in RoF, that was kinda annoying...)

21 minutes ago, 216th_Peterla said:

Hi all and sorry if this is a silly question or has been asked before but,

Is this T34 going to replace the existing in the game or is a different one?

Another question regarding Tank Crew and Flying Circus, do the planes/tanks have 10 skins per model as per the other Great Battles modules? Currently the only plane with less available skins is the UV-2S(Unless is going to be updated with more skins)

Great job so far, beautiful planes, tank interior, cities...etc Quality in your products is rising up like a Komet!!!

Regards,

Pedro

Hi Pedro,

to answer your 1. question. No they will be 2 new and independent tanks (like the Pz. III L and the Pz. III M).

And your 2. Question. I think that´s a matter of time, i mean the fokker dr. III got a few more skins with one of the last patches. I bet they will be more!

have a nice day,

Rico

• Thanks 3

It would be awesome to see the AI jeeps emerging from gliders in landing zones :biggrin:

Spoiler

Jeep.thumb.jpg.d42ca4c187a809f2cbc157159bb0eade.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

In Awe. :salute:

Cologne: A beautiful picture of a tragic scene...

As for the SE5a, my old friend, this plane and the Brisfit more than anything else fuels my enthusiasm for FC. I'm really looking forward to seeing how advances in the FM field will effect them, as the two Sopwiths are now far more enjoyable to fly.

Re: a drivable jeep; is it too early to say what I want for Christmas? lol

Edited by Johnny-Red
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Love the Se5a and Albatros. Two favourites from Rise of Flight.

But the most amazing aspect for me in this DD is the damaged buildings in Cologne. Looks amazing. And I do believe that is patterned wallpaper you can see on the interior wall of the wrecked building to the bottom right in the top screenshot....! (I'm serious..)

Edited by kendo
  • Upvote 1

All looks extremely spiffing chaps. SE5a looks wondrously scrummy.

One question please for Mr Confused.com. Is the T34 i have been playing with an old model and not the TC dedicated one ?

Mike.

It looks pretty nice!

Too bad everything renders at such short distances, we'll have to get real close to see that jeep or that smoke.

Awesome!

P.S.: please make vehicles drivable! 😀

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, KG_S_Big_Al_the_Allo said:

Hi Pedro,

to answer your 1. question. No they will be 2 new and independent tanks (like the Pz. III L and the Pz. III M).

And your 2. Question. I think that´s a matter of time, i mean the fokker dr. III got a few more skins with one of the last patches. I bet they will be more!

have a nice day,

Rico

So, will the first T34 and PZIII in the game be modified in the future to the standards of the rest in Tank Crew?  

12 minutes ago, 15[Span.]/JG51Spartan said:

So, will the first T34 and PZIII in the game be modified in the future to the standards of the rest in Tank Crew?  

There was no offical announecment yet (as far as i know), but i have a good feeling. I mean the Pz. III´s interieur should be the same and the T-34 has the exact same chassis. Only the turret is different. So i think they will update them in the Future.

• Upvote 1

The Albatros D.Va looks incredible. That series of WWI planes have always been my favorites. There is a sleekness in them I don't see in many other airplanes from that era. And that Jeep looks so lifelike. Praying for a drive-able version down the road (no pun intended). Maybe with a mounted .50 in the back please? Shades of The Rat Patrol are floating through my memories.

Thank you for this beautiful news and a wink to " Notre Dame "

Excellent news. Keep up the good work , thanks for this update.

By the way I am the only one to have thought "Is it playable?" ? when seing the Willis jeep.

7 minutes ago, Nil said:

Excellent news. Keep up the good work , thanks for this update.

By the way I am the only one to have thought "Is it playable?" ? when seing the Willis jeep.

Playing with Wily is always fun.

• Haha 2