Han

Developer Diary 220 - Discussion

1 minute ago, Han said:
Hello everyone!

In these sunny April days, we are working on the next big update, which we hope will be released in May. Previously we can say that this update will again be very voluminous in terms of the amount of content being released. A little bit later we will be able to say exactly what will be in this update, but we are aiming to launch a new noteworthy aircraft of the "Battle of Bodenplatte" project, two WWI airplanes in the "Flying Circus" project and two new tanks in the "Tank Crew" project. We also continue to work on evolution of the aviation part of the project and on deepening the gameplay of the tank part. A little later in the developer’s diaries we are planning to tell in detail about a new big "feature" of the multiplayer game - the "Battlefield Marshal" mode, the development of which is almost completed and will soon move to the testing and debugging phase. In the tank project, we are working on the functions of the tank commander, which will allow you to control both your crew and subordinate units. Also in the next update, we plan to significantly expand the model of damage to the systems and parts of the tank.

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6
  • Upvote 6

Posted (edited)

Excellent!

And I am #1!!!

Edited by Rjel
bragging rights
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Thankyou very much Han.  It all sounds incredibly exciting!:salute:

Are you going to treat us to one of your splendid videos?  Flying the Swallow perhaps?:)

Oh yeah, I am sooooo looking forward to flying the SE5a in VR.:biggrin:

Edited by DD_Arthur
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Thank you Han

so guessing 262 in May, 51 in Jun?

Edited by AH_Hollywood
  • Like 1

Thanks for update - looking forwards to tank commander in particular.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Han said:

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials

Thanks D Team

Posted (edited)

Awesome!!!   :)

The fire inside tank looks .... uf! I wouldn´t like to be in there! :scare:

Edited by 15[Span.]/JG51Spartan
  • Like 1

The Cockpit of the 262 looks incredible good! Can´t wait for the next update! It sounds very promising :) Thanks for your hard work!

best wishes Rico!

Very Good ! On the way and on time for the excellent Work ! Thanks very much for the right challenge of the Me 262 .

I can feel that the Luftwaffles are oozing some love at the moment...

I can't speak for anyone else, but those flames will be frightening when introduced.

image.png.5258f60b321d8734f07ff6d363caa182.png

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Rjel said:

And I am #1!!!

What is it with you guys getting excited about being the first to post? You need lives!! Lol!!

But, anyway, I was thinking we'd get the Mustang and 262 in the next big installment. But Han said there would be A new Bodenplatte airplane added. It apears that might just be the 262. But, hey, it's looking good and we'll get 'em all, eventually. 

1 minute ago, Rjel said:

I can't speak for anyone else, but those flames will be frightening when introduced.

And he said some of those effects will be added to planes. Roasting alive in the cockpit of a fighter. Oh joy...can't wait!

Posted (edited)

Well, technically I was 1st as Han accidentally numbered the DD 219 instead of 220. I let him know and it seemed he corrected it and also removed my post, the ACTUAL 1st, at the same time 😉

Some nice stuff in this one alright. Looking forward to the added immersion with the particle effects.

Edited by Torso

2 minutes ago, Poochnboo said:

What is it with you guys getting excited about being the first to post? You need lives!! Lol!!

But, anyway, I was thinking we'd get the Mustang and 262 in the next big installment. But Han said there would be A new Bodenplatte airplane added. It apears that might just be the 262. But, hey, it's looking good and we'll get 'em all, eventually. 

To me, it's like the old SNL skits with Tom Hanks, Paul Simon and others who'd hosted several times. An exclusive club. But you're right. A new life would be most welcome. :)

9 minutes ago, Poochnboo said:

And he said some of those effects will be added to planes. Roasting alive in the cockpit of a fighter. Oh joy...can't wait!

Yep was hoping for the P-51 as well. We are definitely due for another Allied release, especially since we only have two at this time while the Axis have all of theirs.

Obviously I understand that the allied aircraft we are getting are completely new, so the amount of work is probably greater than some of the Axis birds we have seen.

That being said, the 262 is looking nice and I can't wait to shoot it down.

• Haha 1

MAY??? Dear lord give me the patience to wait quietly with grace in the meantime...

iwant it.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

People don't understand how clever the devs are when it comes to game balance: introduce the 262 so the german fighters can never take off in MP due to all the burning schwalbes on the taxiway

Looks fantastic though, thanks devs

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, LongDongSilver said:

introduce the 262 so the german fighters can never take off in MP due to all the burning schwalbes on the taxiway

Hoo, boy!  I'm picturing all of the Luftwaffe types rolling up their sleeves for a fight!

Fantastic update guys! May can't come soon enough!!!! :drinks:

Tank commander!! :yahoo: and those flames :new_russian: please add binoculars thanks! :dance:

• Upvote 1

Excellent! flames in the tanks (and in the planes in the future) - magnificent. Smoke please too!

And the schwalbe cockpit looks great!

Nice to see the 262 with the EZ42 sight. @=FB=VikS, @Gavrick, will the throttle be modified when it is fitted, like on the D-9? 

• Upvote 1

Can’t wait for the new Aircraft! A cheeky vid of the 262 would be greatly appreciated by all of us! Would certainly make waiting till May more bearable. :cool:

Anybody know what the "Battlefield Marshall" is? I vaguely remember something being mentioned previously by the Devs but a search doesn't bring anything up.

Looks fabulous. Those flames though...😱

Awesome, thanks for the update.  Can't wait to fly the 262 in VR.  

To answer Jason's question in the Stormbirds interview, this customer would LOVE a P80.  WW1 to Korea.  Great Battles can run the whole guns dogfight genre. 

And can't wait for Arras map.  High hopes!

Ceowulf<><

• Upvote 4

This was quite the epic update with so much big stuff coming along soon and the little things like smoke and fire. The attention to detail in the tank modelling seems mind blowing TBH. Nice work devs and bosses.

57 minutes ago, Ceowulf said:

Awesome, thanks for the update.  Can't wait to fly the 262 in VR.  

To answer Jason's question in the Stormbirds interview, this customer would LOVE a P80.  WW1 to Korea.  Great Battles can run the whole guns dogfight genre. 

And can't wait for Arras map.  High hopes!

Ceowulf<><

I'm not the biggest fan of post war jets (yet), but I would love to see what this team would do in that genre of flight simming.

Yikes.  I hope you will be able to exit those burning tanks!

1 minute ago, Feathered_IV said:

Yikes.  I hope you will be able to exit those burning tanks!

Bail out is already possible. 

• Thanks 1

All this sounds very exciting! Cool seeing hopefully the internal smoke and fire can transfer over to aircraft too.

Fires and sparks/smoke in the cockpit when getting shot at if you hit the right component would be most excellent.

Anyone else really looking forward to Air Marshall? For the most part online flight simming gameplay hasn't changed much in what 15-20 years? Kudos to this team for really raising the bar and introducing new stuff to the mix.

• Upvote 2