Alonzo

Combat Box by Red Flight

Nice video from @JorgeHFJ here -- a squadron of P47s deleting the German synthetic oil Factory in Operation Frantic. Some great ground attack shots here.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Alonzo said:

Nice video from @JorgeHFJ here -- a squadron of P47s deleting the German synthetic oil Factory in Operation Frantic. Some great ground attack shots here.

wow is one brazilian pilot !!

ALONZO we need more maps on the server !!

44 minutes ago, 9./JG54_GermanWolf said:

ALONZO we need more maps on the server !!

We're testing Legend of Y-29 in 3 hours from now! Come see it! 🙂

• Thanks 1

The problem with these wartime test is not so obvious but very critical to identify.

1. The RAF test pilot flying the Fw 190A-3 didn't take the Kurt Tank's training course on how to properly fly the Focke Wulf. Thus they would not know specific nuances on how to get the best performance out of the Fw 190. As a real world example, while attending a 1-day class at AMG Driving School at KOTA last year, I was told to get the best launch from stand still in any Mercedes Benz  AMG , you need to be in "2nd Gear"!
  2. As the RAF didn't have many enemy aircraft to test at RAE Farnborough facility. Thus I am quite sure the test pilots were not pushing the aircraft to its limits as their stable of captured German aircraft are not easily replaceable.

So I would take the performance of the Fw 190A-3 and add 25% to it.

On 4/9/2019 at 6:35 PM, 56RAF_Roblex said:

DiveSpit190.thumb.gif.3b7ba0100ffd986f5ebbb50715fc6822.gif

29 minutes ago, JG7_X-Man said:

The problem with these wartime test is not so obvious but very critical to identify.

1. The RAF test pilot flying the Fw 190A-3 didn't take the Kurt Tank's training course on how to properly fly the Focke Wulf. Thus they would not know specific nuances on how to get the best performance out of the Fw 190. As a real world example, while attending a 1-day class at AMG Driving School at KOTA last year, I was told to get the best launch from stand still in any Mercedes Benz  AMG , you need to be in "2nd Gear"!
  2. As the RAF didn't have many enemy aircraft to test at RAE Farnborough facility. Thus I am quite sure the test pilots were not pushing the aircraft to its limits as their stable of captured German aircraft are not easily replaceable.

So I would take the performance of the Fw 190A-3 and add 25% to it.

Wrong thread I think. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 307_Tomcat said:

Awesome that you guys trigger big permanent smoke after destroying buildings ! 

We tried to model it like a real fire. The smoke doesn't always start for each building, and fires burn out at a different rate, so each time you destroy an objective the smoke will look different!

• Like 1

On 4/18/2019 at 6:34 PM, Trefftz_Plane said:

I didn't film the landing, no sense eating up the hard drive space.  I don't care about the shootdown, just curious about why it says I didn't landed there.  Also curious if you saw the p47-28 doing damage to me in the log file.  I've included a screen of the instant it hit me.

47hitonme.jpg

If this was on the DDay mission, then chances are you had just finished combat over Gold Beach and are now running away trying to RTB back to Hardjie Bie using your radio beacon. You've lined yourself up, you see an AF in front of you and deduced "surely that must be it" and "landed." Except kill log says you were shot down and DITCHED. How come??

Until you realize you may have just landed at the German AF objective (Grid 806)...NOT Hardjie Bie (Grid 0905) which, at a faint glance, bare a few similarities: Open fields, roughly same position, close flight times to/from Target area...

Note how both AFs (objective and spawn AF) align almost on the same vector if you are returning from Gold (Grid 507-ish).

All this may have happened to me the other night. 

Screenshot_20190420-012757_IL2 Tactical Map.jpg

Edited by =KG76=flyus747
Misspelled a word

43 minutes ago, F/JG300_Faucon said:

Just a question: Why russian tanks instead of Shermans on west maps like D Day?

Because there are no assets for that to choose from yet. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, =KG76=flyus747 said:

If this was on the DDay mission, then chances are you had just finished combat over Gold Beach and are now running away trying to RTB back to Hardjie Bie using your radio beacon. You've lined yourself up, you see an AF in front of you and deduced "surely that must be it" and "landed." Except kill log says you were shot down and DITCHED. How come??

Until you realize you may have just landed at the German AF objective (Grid 806)...NOT Hardjie Bie (Grid 0905) which, at a faint glance, bare a few similarities: Open fields, roughly same position, close flight times to/from Target area...

Note how both AFs (objective and spawn AF) align almost on the same vector if you are returning from Gold (Grid 507-ish).

All this may have happened to me the other night. 

Screenshot_20190420-012757_IL2 Tactical Map.jpg

5 hours ago, Haza said:

Does this help?

https://il2map.info/

Regards

Haza

The very end of my track shows me just North of Chaltemir heading west.  My guess is I wound up at Alibay since I remember flying close to the city.  I can't see if that is the proper airfield or not currently on the server.  But I did go back and rewatch the track a few times and the P47 hit me more than once.  Not sure why that's missing from the log. @Alonzo    Thanks for map Haza

chalt.jpg

route.jpg

Edited by Trefftz_Plane
thanking haza

25 minutes ago, -325th-Porky- said:

are all of the axis ground target locations marked on map?

All Targets that you´re supposed to attack are marked on the map, yes.

5 hours ago, Psyrion said:

All Targets that you´re supposed to attack are marked on the map, yes.

maybe i'm coming in late on the d-day invasion, 1 arty position, harbor, factory, axis airfields. were there more and they were taken out already, or do more appear as game progresses? 

On frantic map, why no Stukas and bombers available on all airfields (in fact: Inyutino AF)?

Btw, is there any hopes to add Stuka on all map (like d-day) even if it's not "historical"...?

As of today, I get disconnected after around 20-30 seconds of being on combat box.

I didn't get any message except for "game server connection lost" repeatedly. Could you please take a look to see if there was a timeout or package loss or anything similar? I have switched connections recently but can stay connected to other servers just fine.

Thanks

We saw you repeatedly cursing other players in chat.This isn't tolerated on other servers and isn't tolerated here. As moderators/admins we do not care about who "started" anything either, this isnt kindergarten. You do have some time to think about how you want to type in chat in the future. I can however tell you that your post in this thread now is not helping your case whatsoever. Might want to rethink that.

I know that the main theme of CB is late war planes but, I do enjoy the early/mid war plane set as well.  I really like the fact that this is a server that is well put-together and also moderated. 

I also like the fact that it's a server where I get the best ping.   Would you guys consider adding a few early/mid war maps if they didn't outweigh the amount of late war maps you want to add?  It's ok if you don't but, I thought I'd ask.  I'd much rather prefer this server over others to get my I-16, Yak-1, Pe-2.35 fix.   

:salute:

1 hour ago, =AVG77=Mobile_BBQ said:

I know that the main theme of CB is late war planes but, I do enjoy the early/mid war plane set as well.  I really like the fact that this is a server that is well put-together and also moderated. 

I also like the fact that it's a server where I get the best ping.   Would you guys consider adding a few early/mid war maps if they didn't outweigh the amount of late war maps you want to add?  It's ok if you don't but, I thought I'd ask.  I'd much rather prefer this server over others to get my I-16, Yak-1, Pe-2.35 fix.   

I'm guessing that dead Allied meat goes really well with that Axis salt for your jerky!?

Psyrion, do the logs show anything on why I am getting disconnected after 20-30 seconds? I was connecting and getting disconnected 10pm to 11pm yesterday, several times. Maybe there is something I can do to fix it? Or some routing issue maybe?

I tested Wings, Kota and Berloga and there I could stay connected.

5 hours ago, =AVG77=Mobile_BBQ said:

For now the idea is to stick with 44/45 scenarios to have a server where you always find late war scenarios. Glad that you like it though ^^.

3 hours ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

Psyrion, do the logs show anything on why I am getting disconnected after 20-30 seconds? I was connecting and getting disconnected 10pm to 11pm yesterday, several times. Maybe there is something I can do to fix it? Or some routing issue maybe?

I tested Wings, Kota and Berloga and there I could stay connected.

No idea myself but Alonzo can probably tell you more.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

As of today, I get disconnected after around 20-30 seconds of being on combat box.

I didn't get any message except for "game server connection lost" repeatedly. Could you please take a look to see if there was a timeout or package loss or anything similar? I have switched connections recently but can stay connected to other servers just fine.

Thanks

Hi Fenris, I checked but don't see much extra info in the logs. Here's a snippet:

Line 522: 2019/04/21 14:24:09 ["#" COALITION 0 TO ALL]: sysPilotConnected;SCG_Fenris_Wolf
    Line 525: 2019/04/21 14:24:25 ["#" COALITION 0 TO ALL]: sysPilotExit;SCG_Fenris_Wolf
    Line 526: 2019/04/21 14:24:49 ["#" COALITION 0 TO ALL]: sysPilotConnected;SCG_Fenris_Wolf
    Line 529: 2019/04/21 14:25:02 ["#" COALITION 0 TO ALL]: sysPilotExit;SCG_Fenris_Wolf
    Line 541: 2019/04/21 14:25:47 ["#" COALITION 0 TO ALL]: sysPilotConnected;SCG_Fenris_Wolf
    Line 544: 2019/04/21 14:26:03 ["#" COALITION 0 TO ALL]: sysPilotExit;SCG_Fenris_Wolf
    Line 765: 2019/04/21 14:55:10 ["#" COALITION 0 TO ALL]: sysPilotConnected;SCG_Fenris_Wolf
    Line 771: 2019/04/21 14:55:48 ["#" COALITION 0 TO ALL]: sysPilotExit;SCG_Fenris_Wolf
    Line 775: 2019/04/21 14:56:34 ["#" COALITION 0 TO ALL]: sysPilotConnected;SCG_Fenris_Wolf
    Line 777: 2019/04/21 14:56:49 ["#" COALITION 0 TO ALL]: sysPilotExit;SCG_Fenris_Wolf

Do you know roughly how many players were connected at the time? We are on the lookout for network problems; server performance is good so if anything is a problem it might be the network.

Regarding player behavior and our admin actions: While things are sometimes said in the heat of an online battle, there is no place for racist, homophobic or religion-based slurs. We aim to promote positive online gameplay. Players negatively affecting others  will be excluded.

8 hours ago, Haza said:

I'm guessing that dead Allied meat goes really well with that Axis salt for your jerky!?

Nope. I was just trying to see if I could get the planes I like mixed in on CB so I could avoid visiting WoL to fly them. KOTA is alright, but it's hard to tell when it will be populated enough to actually have more than 1 Allied player vs. 5 Axis.   What can I say?  I just like the early war planes a bit more.

Considering that the good 'ol I-16 most certainly CAN hand a competent D9 pilot his ass if flown right, I'd say "dead Allied meat" is a bit of hubris from you.  

Yes, I do fly mostly Red but, that's because I rarely see times when blue is outnumbered.  That's ok. Once the P-51 and P-38 come out, I'm sure enough Axis-only pilots will suddenly defect, leaving me plenty of opportunity to fly E7s and 202s without worrying about over-stacking the Blue side.  

Thanks for trollposting though.   

5 hours ago, Psyrion said:

For now the idea is to stick with 44/45 scenarios to have a server where you always find late war scenarios. Glad that you like it though ^^.

Rgoer that.  Thanks for the reply.

Thank you Alonzo. 

There were around 56 players active at the time. It's a number I remember. 

Just now, =AVG77=Mobile_BBQ said:

Nope. I was just trying to see if I could get the planes I like mixed in on CB so I could avoid visiting WoL to fly them. KOTA is alright, but it's hard to tell when it will be populated enough to actually have more than 1 Allied player vs. 5 Axis.   What can I say?  I just like the early war planes a bit more.

Considering that the good 'ol I-16 most certainly CAN hand a competent D9 pilot his ass if flown right, I'd say "dead Allied meat" is a bit of hubris from you.  

Yes, I do fly mostly Red but, that's because I rarely see times when blue is outnumbered.  That's ok. Once the P-51 and P-38 come out, I'm sure enough Axis-only pilots will suddenly defect, leaving me plenty of opportunity to fly E7s and 202s without worrying about over-stacking the Blue side.  

Thanks for trollposting though.   

Rgoer that.  Thanks for the reply.

No worries and thanks for your reply! However, with the following in your sig block what did you expect?

Mobile_Barbeque - It's who I am. It's what I do.  If I'm not on fire, then something else is!  

Premium quality meats cooked over forum-fueled dumpster fires!  Get yours today!   :cool:

Axis salt makes the best beef jerky. - Confucious                   **Bachelor's Degree in Peshkanomics**

• Upvote 1

On 4/22/2019 at 11:21 AM, =AVG77=Mobile_BBQ said:

I feel that too.  The i16 and mig3 and occasionally the la5 and p39 are the only red fighters I might not waste flying out.  I enjoy the variety BoX has and wouldn't mind missions spanning it, especially because my ping is great on il2na and its usually occupied when I'm on.  I also like the existing missions and the server settings on here.

Edited by Joeasyrida

2 hours ago, JonRedcorn said:

The turbulence is unbearable.

I found it manageable, if a bit tricky. Is it worse in VR?

3 hours ago, JonRedcorn said:

I believe we have turbulence enabled on two out of the four maps, and it's at level "1" on a scale of 0 to 4. I'm definitely interested in more feedback. Personally I have not found turbulence to be a deal breaker but that's just me and I am only one data point. What I'd really like is proper turbulence modeling so I can say, for example, "turbulence under 200 feet is light, turbulence 200-1000 feet moderate, 1000-2000 feet light, above 2000 no turbulence" but as far as I can tell it's just one number that affects the whole air space.

I don't think there is an issue with turbulence. I enjoy the variety. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, SCG_Wulfe said:

I don't think there is an issue with turbulence. I enjoy the variety. 

Yeah, too many missions, online and off, have nearly perfect weather. Bad weather adds to the fun! I like the low cloud and turbulence on this server.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, RedKestrel said:

I found it manageable, if a bit tricky. Is it worse in VR?

No its fine in VR , and variety is good.

I think something is wrong on D-Day map.

Allies side cannot capture Bagerovo airfield.

I played the map several times and only Zamorsk is captured...

9 hours ago, Alonzo said:

I believe we have turbulence enabled on two out of the four maps, and it's at level "1" on a scale of 0 to 4. I'm definitely interested in more feedback. Personally I have not found turbulence to be a deal breaker but that's just me and I am only one data point. What I'd really like is proper turbulence modeling so I can say, for example, "turbulence under 200 feet is light, turbulence 200-1000 feet moderate, 1000-2000 feet light, above 2000 no turbulence" but as far as I can tell it's just one number that affects the whole air space.

I just think it feels horrible in this game, makes the plane feel like it's moving through mud or something.

I don't like it at all. But apparently other people do, and it's your guys server.

13 hours ago, JonRedcorn said:

I'm actually okay with the variable winds, but people keep shooting at me. What can be done about that?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TWC_Creep said:

I'm actually okay with the variable winds, but people keep shooting at me. What can be done about that?

Fly faster.

• Like 1

Yall planning on adding ground combat as well? Could be interesting to be able to play Shermans or Tigers on the D-Day mission.

• Like 1