PerfectionMan

Need ground Refuel, Rearm and Repair so no Respawn!

5 minutes ago, Rolling_Thunder said:

That makes sense. But what about the online stats some folk are so fond of?

Those are your stats pretending to be various WW2 pilots

6 minutes ago, Rolling_Thunder said:

Yes it's a game, and if the development time and finances would allow, why not have it as an option that some folk obviously would like? 

Because I personally think that it's a waste of development resources.  But in this particular case I'm just commenting on the claims that it's more realistic.  It isn't.  At least not in the way that they want it implemented.

11 hours ago, Semor76 said:

++off topic on++

please dont speak for the "whole community" . I dont like the "press E start automatic" and I´m not allone here ,belive me.

thank you.😉

++off topic off++

Def prefer having to click a fuel cock and then hitting e. Much more realistic. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Legioneod said:

Like I said, it wouldn't be realistic but it would be beneficial, especially when there are no aircraft left and you don't want to rik despawning.

This does make some sense, I must admit.

1 hour ago, II./JG1_Vonrd said:

It's the only reason I really want it. I hate having to spawn out only to realise someone as taken the last aircraft in that slot.

1 hour ago, II./JG1_Vonrd said:

No it doesn't.  There are always aircraft left.  What he means is that there are no good aircraft left.  So he wants to keep the good aircraft and force someone else to fly crap.

1 hour ago, BraveSirRobin said:

No it doesn't.  There are always aircraft left.  What he means is that there are no good aircraft left.  So he wants to keep the good aircraft and force someone else to fly crap.

If I had the aircraft first why should I be forced to despawn and give it to someone else? If my aircraft is in perfect condition and just needs some ammo and fuel, I'd much rather just stay in my plane and wait to rr, rather than risk losing it.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Legioneod said:

If I had the aircraft first why should I be forced to despawn and give it to someone else? If my aircraft is in perfect condition and just needs some ammo and fuel, I'd much rather just stay in my plane and wait to rr, rather than risk losing it.

I agree. To me it is a just reward for the player who has valued his virtual steed and life to return to base intact instead of having the carefree Rambo mentality because he knows that there are ample premium aircraft available.

Edited by bzc3lk
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

I would not support refuel & re-arm purely as a role-play element when it is easier just to respawn but I would support it in maps where aircraft are restricted in numbers or locations and respawning would mean someone else gets to take the aircraft that you so carefully returned substantially undamaged or delivered from a rear field.   Set aside a refuelling area, make anyone in there invulnerable and let it take about a minute (as you will have spent a few minutes taxiing there already). 

Just a dream though as it is not worth the developers time. Something similar may be doable using scripts.  I know you can detect when someone has taxied to a particular spot for supply deliveries etc. but I don't know if you can do anything about replenishing fuel & ammo without an actual respawn.  I think in CLOD they did essentially replace your aircraft with a new one 'behind the scenes' which is why they insisted you were 100% undamaged to make it fair.   Also not sure you can make them invulnerable while refueling though it may not be necessary as you are exposed for longer during the taxi anyway.    I must admit that while I find repair/refuel pointless just for roleplay,  I do like the idea of taxiing somewhere after landing instead of just despawning from the middle of the runway. I frequently do it anyway just for the immersion and a relaxing cool-down after a satisfying mission.  Perhaps a server designer could give you bonus points for not just landing your kills & bomb drops but also taking them back to a debrief area? 🙂

Edited by 56RAF_Roblex

7 hours ago, Legioneod said:

Yeah, why let other people enjoy the game.  That’s why we end up with the side with the best aircraft stacked with the most players.  It’s probably the worst possible reason that some people use for r&r.  “I got mine.  You go eat cake.”

57 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

Yeah, why let other people enjoy the game.  That’s why we end up with the side with the best aircraft stacked with the most players.  It’s probably the worst possible reason that some people use for r&r.  “I got mine.  You go eat cake.”

Not really my fault if you waste your aircraft and lose it. I don't see why I should lose my aircraft after surviving and making it back to base. Imo the ability to rr without the risk of losing the aircraft is a good reward for returning to base and caring about your life/airframe.

Also RR has nothing to do with aircraft being good or not so I'm not sure why you are bringing it up.

2 minutes ago, Legioneod said:

Not really my fault if you waste your aircraft and lose it.

‘Why do you assume it’s someone who lost their aircraft?   Maybe it’s someone who just joined the server?  Or someone who got stuck flying crap planes?  Or someone who want to switch from bomber to fighter?

5 minutes ago, Legioneod said:

Also RR has nothing to do with aircraft being good or not so I'm not sure why you are bringing it up.

I didn’t bring it up.  You did.  You got one of the good planes and you want to keep it.  If you’re flying a crappy plane you don’t have to worry about keeping it.  There will definitely be another crappy plane available when you respawn.

2 hours ago, BraveSirRobin said:

‘Why do you assume it’s someone who lost their aircraft?   Maybe it’s someone who just joined the server?  Or someone who got stuck flying crap planes?  Or someone who want to switch from bomber to fighter?

I didn’t bring it up.  You did.  You got one of the good planes and you want to keep it.  If you’re flying a crappy plane you don’t have to worry about keeping it.  There will definitely be another crappy plane available when you respawn.

First come first serve. If I got an aircraft I want to keep why should I give it to someone else?

I'm the one who got in it, I'm the one who tries my best to keep myself and the aircraft in good condition, and I'm the one who works to bring it back to base so why should I have to give up my aircraft just so someone who just joined can fly it?

I worked hard to keep it and get it back to base so there is no reason I should give it up.

Also, you would think good aircraft would keep people alive for longer but it seems they get destroyed faster than anything else. 

• Upvote 1

Got to agree with Legion on this however there is another way to implement his idea using the current method of respawning. Give a time buffer before the aircraft is made available to other people in the server upon despawn. Then if you want, you can land, despawn "rearm & refuel and select the same aircraft and take off back as normal. If you didn't want to fly that same aircraft again, put it say on a 2 min timer that starts upon despawn and then once the time is up the aircraft can be selected by other pilots :) 

1 hour ago, Bullets said:

Got to agree with Legion on this however there is another way to implement his idea using the current method of respawning. Give a time buffer before the aircraft is made available to other people in the server upon despawn. Then if you want, you can land, despawn "rearm & refuel and select the same aircraft and take off back as normal. If you didn't want to fly that same aircraft again, put it say on a 2 min timer that starts upon despawn and then once the time is up the aircraft can be selected by other pilots :) 

This would be good. Probably much easier to implement as well.

36 minutes ago, Legioneod said:

This would be good. Probably much easier to implement as well.

I don't believe we can expect the developers to do even what we 'guess' is easier though. They have more important things to do.  If it happens it will have to be something done by us in scripts with maybe Jason agreeing to implement a minor tweak to  the logs that might be needed for the script to work.

2 hours ago, Legioneod said:

First come first serve. If I got an aircraft I want to keep why should I give it to someone else?

I'm the one who got in it, I'm the one who tries my best to keep myself and the aircraft in good condition, and I'm the one who works to bring it back to base so why should I have to give up my aircraft just so someone who just joined can fly it?

I worked hard to keep it and get it back to base so there is no reason I should give it up.

Also, you would think good aircraft would keep people alive for longer but it seems they get destroyed faster than anything else. 

Yeah, I understand.  You got yours and screw everyone else.

23 minutes ago, 56RAF_Roblex said:

I don't believe we can expect the developers to do even what we 'guess' is easier though. They have more important things to do.  If it happens it will have to be something done by us in scripts with maybe Jason agreeing to implement a minor tweak to  the logs that might be needed for the script to work.

Agreed, it's really not a serious issue but it can be annoying sometimes. I'm fine without it though.

12 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

Yeah, I understand.  You got yours and screw everyone else.

Sure if that's how you feel.

3 minutes ago, Legioneod said:

Sure if that's how you feel.

I’d prefer that the devs do nothing to encourage that sort of behavior.

On the other hand, the dramatic increase in taxiing and landing “accidents” by pilots stuck in crap aircraft would probably be very entertaining...

R&R is an interesting concept ... but, IRL pilots who brought back planes too damaged to go back up were given the next available airworthy plane.  If their plane was going to take 5 hours to repair but another plane was going to be ready in 1, they used that plane.  In game, would the ground crew be the ones to tell you that you needed to switch planes?  Would there be an arbitrary RNG timer to indicate when the next plane would be available?  If player 1 has a plane that is 50% damaged and player 2 brings home a 20% damaged plane shortly after, does player 1 get to take the sooner-repaired plane player 2 landed while player 2 waits for player 1's plane to repair? 

Also,  planes wouldn't just be refueled and repaired once they come to a stop near the runway.  They were either taxied to the ground crew's area on the field or hooked up to the tractor and pulled or dragged to the work area.  Most players don't even know about the concept of not landing against the direction of the planes taking off, much less how to taxi beyond getting to the runway - if they even bother at all, instead of choosing to hammer the throttle right of the spawn point.  The traffic control in MP is already abysmal as is the salt from chat as a result of said abysmal traffic control.  I can only see disaster looming in the distance for this.  :( 

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

On the other hand, the dramatic increase in taxiing and landing “accidents” by pilots stuck in crap aircraft would probably be very entertaining...

Lets shall wait for aircraft carriers - that would be hellerios 😉

Edited by 307_Tomcat
  • Upvote 1

boo! To cross field and taxi take offs!!! Boooooooo!!!  How many times I’ve taxied to the threshold lined up and started to roll only to be t-boned halfway down the runway by some hot shot who lacks patients.... 

9 hours ago, =AVG77=Mobile_BBQ said:

Most players don't even know about the concept of not landing against the direction of the planes taking off

I have to admit that I have accidentally landed the wrong way a couple of times.   On some fields, if there is no one spawned,  there is no obvious spawn area and there is not enough wind to move the windsock or smoke then it can be difficult to see which runway is active.

Of course,  server creators could help by using runway Ts or perhaps not using identical beacons/flares at both ends of the runway.

On 3/25/2019 at 3:15 PM, BraveSirRobin said:

There are not always aircraft left and the Fw190 D-9 Dora is a perfect example.  Why should you have to leave/lose an aircraft because of a respawn simply because you are low on fuel or need to rearm?  I can understand if you are shot down or crash but if you take the time to fly all the way back and land at a friendly airfield you should get some kind of positive reward/treatment.  So what is the motivation to finish off a flight and take the time to actually get back on the ground if when all is said and done, you just have to start all over again because of a respawn? 

Posted (edited)

I would like to wait 2 minutes to R&R , I know that this time is unrealistic but what would be the purpose of simulating all the  time consuming  this task. IMHO just that R&R is available is more realistic than just respawn alone. This is nice touch to the playability, we don't need to simulate time just task. This how I play this game I can just press finish flight , but I do move from runway , turn engine off, open the canopy then press finish flight. I guess is  not only me doing similar but not necessary things.

Edited by 307_Tomcat
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, 307_Tomcat said:

I would like to wait 2 minutes to R&R , I know that this time is unrealistic but what would be the purpose of simulating all the  time consuming  this task. IMHO just that R&R is available is more realistic than just respawn alone. 

Just make sure BSR isn't at the airfield.:tease:

Edited by Garven

Posted (edited)
On 3/24/2019 at 7:09 PM, BraveSirRobin said:

It's always funny when the people who want R&R because "realism" pivot to "compressed time" when they find out how long it actually takes to rearm and refuel a WW2 fighter.

Well we get to compress time when we find out how long it takes to fly a realistic mission too, so why not apply that to R&R?

We get pre-warmed engines too. Both of those you can switch off if desired. 

I think it would add a cool dimension and new mission types to SP. Imagine landing taxing and RR repeatedly during a long battle as was actually done. 

There was a particular battle where the Luftwaffe left a rearguard at an abandoned airfield surrounded by the enemy and they kept flying out of it until forced to retreat. That sounds like a great mission idea if ever there was one. 

But for certain we must have “full realism” in multiplayer for all those that can’t land or taxi or use the runways. 🙄

Edited by SharpeXB

49 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

Lol

I want r&r because realism!!!  (But not if it’s actually realistic...)

Lol is unrealistic to have because of realism.

49 minutes ago, SharpeXB said:

Well we get to compress time when we find out how long it takes to fly a realistic mission too, so why not apply that to R&R?

Compressed time is not possible in multiplayer.  I don’t really care what happens in sp.

18 minutes ago, 307_Tomcat said:

Lol is unrealistic to have because of realism.

Um... no.  It would be realistic to have if it was done properly.  But if it’s done properly absolutely no one in MP would use it.

Conversing with BSR is a waste of your time fellas. I do see why he is on multiple peoples ignore list.. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bullets said:

Conversing with BSR is a waste of your time fellas. I do see why he is on multiple peoples ignore list.. 

It’s definitely a waste of your time to say you want something because of realism, then admit that you don’t want it done realistically.

24 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

Um... no.  It would be realistic to have if it was done properly.  But if it’s done properly absolutely no one in MP would use it.

But in MP you can respawn. That’s not realistic either. So which is less real? Becoming alive again and with new plane which drops on the airfield or having yourself RR at some less realistic pace?

Posted (edited)

Personally I want R&R because I dislike the forced despawn / respawn process we have in game. I have come up with a solution to the "losing your aircraft" solution legion which I stated earlier in the discussion, however I would like for their to be an option to refuel and re-arm your aircraft on the dispatch without having to despawn. Not because it is more "realistic" but because it would save time and would improve the immersion that little bit more. It would also stop you having to reselect your load out and paint scheme every time as well.

In my head it should work a little like this-  I have landed from a successful sortie with a still functional aircraft. I taxi to the dispatch (spawn area), shut down my engine, press a command -say Ctrl + R and a window pops up asking how much fuel and ammo I want - OR even easier no window pops up and it just auto refils the fuel and ammo to what I had selected upon spawn. I have to wait a set amount of time (nothing crazy- 1 or 2 minutes) and then I can restart and off I go again.   

That to me is a much better and more involved process than just de/respawning.

It is a small step in the direction of "realism"  not backwards or sideways. Just my 2 cents :salute:.

edit: striked incorrect statement.

Edited by Bullets
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, SharpeXB said:

But in MP you can respawn. That’s not realistic either. So which is less real? Becoming alive again and with new plane which drops on the airfield or having yourself RR at some less realistic pace?

Maybe you should read the rest of the thread.

12 minutes ago, Bullets said:

It would also stop you having to reselect your load out and paint scheme every time as well.

You don’t have to do that now.  You can even switch airfields without having to reset your load out or paint.

4 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

You don’t have to do that now.  You can even switch airfields without having to reset your load out or paint.

Roger.. well disregard that then, however the rest of what I wrote is still valid. :salute:

2 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

Maybe you should read the rest of the thread.

Whatever. Like most requests people probably wouldn’t use the feature. Have you ever seen anyone in MP land? No. They’ll just airquake until shot down and respawn. And then take off across the field instead of using the runway... just like full realism!

1 minute ago, SharpeXB said:

Whatever. Like most requests people probably wouldn’t use the feature. Have you ever seen anyone in MP land? No. They’ll just airquake until shot down and respawn. And then take off across the field instead of using the runway... just like full realism!

Just because a few asshats in MP don't follow the procedures doesn't mean we shouldn't have nice things. :(