Posted (edited)

S! guys,

I've been playing TC more often now since the latest patch has corrected some major issues we had with the DM and a server that I was my first choice, EFront dogfight and Tanks, has become a huge mess. The russian players playing in that server are extremely rude (not all of them) and often call you names in chat. All of that with the admin present and he does nothing unless you are a Western player. Yesterday JG300_Faucon was banned for using offensive language but today a similar situation took place with player KoKS calling me names and admin just did not care. Not to mention the server is full of people just flying planes to kill tanks and very little tank battles actually take place now. When IL-2s run out of ammo they will crash into your tank intentionally ... The server has a very arcadish mentality and totally spoils the combined operation environment. I know there are very dew options out there for tank battles and most will go there anyways but I feel like a fair warning is due. Good luck there and hopefully we will see better servers for TC in the future!

Edit: Server has improved substantially and the overall mentality is much better. I kept the original message but edited the title since it seems this has become the main Tank server now.

Cheers

Edited by SCG_Riksen
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 7

Hi,

I tried this server several times and it was, to be honest, a total disaster and no fun. Rules seem to be inexistent and behavior of

some player really questionable - on my part I strictly avoid this server.

Cheerio

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Good Evening,

I've noticed something similar. At least as far as the playing style is concerned. Both Efront and "Action Planes and Tanks" ( i think that´s the name). After a shot something is written in Russian and your name or Il-2 or Ju 87 buzz around you. Once there were almost 20 players online and only 3 on the ground. And the planes had nothing better to do than to camp the tanks spawns. (The Situation was like you described Riksen)
I hope there will be some changes, especially with the new map. Maybe a new server, too. I would wish that (as soon as the 4 new types are included) there are limits for the vehicles - and for the planes. I really hope things are changing.

Rico

• Upvote 3

I was tanking, and dying all too frequently, there last weekend. There was a number of people talking smack at each other. It was my first time to have witnessed it so I thought it was pretty strange.

• Upvote 2

This is so very sad , I have been a combat flight simmer for 20 years now , from the EAW days , never seen or heard insults ... times change I guess, hope for some good servers to start up, 

atb oxo

• Like 1

Is there no agreement for the D-server that can be revoked? If the guy wont police his own server or set rules that kind of crap spreads. And from an MP point of view that could put some off trying anything else. 

• Upvote 1

Hi guys.Dont get discouraged just yet.
It all started when a red and a blue plane collided in midair.It happens.Then JG300_Faucon called the guy a MORON.Cmon,dude.Then an avalanche of insults happened.

And for those whos patiently waiting for the new servers to appear i would recommend to study the mission making guides and make them.Lets see what you can create.Cant wait:gamer:

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, -IRRE-Therion said:

Hi,

I tried this server several times and it was, to be honest, a total disaster and no fun. Rules seem to be inexistent and behavior of

some player really questionable - on my part I strictly avoid this server.

Cheerio

Salutations,

Just asking... couldn't the server admin place some continually respawning ace level AAA batteries around or near the tank spawn points. Could that help?

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Thad said:

Salutations,

Just asking... couldn't the server admin place some continually respawning ace level AAA batteries around or near the tank spawn points. Could that help?

Yes....and put limits on plane supply in order to discourage crashing planes....

Edited by J5_Baeumer
  • Upvote 1

Wouldnt the AAA attack the tanks that are trying to capture the flag as well?Some maps have spawn areas and the flag right next to each other...Unless the AAA is only targeting the planes.

I believe you can work it so only certain types of enemyobjects within a certain range trigger the AAA....also able to place flags outside of AAA range .....point is to eliminate camping on spawn points....mission buildning solutions no different than have been employed to avoid vulching airfields on other servers and ROF servers for years using essentially same mission editor.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, RIVALDO said:

Wouldnt the AAA attack the tanks that are trying to capture the flag as well?Some maps have spawn areas and the flag right next to each other...Unless the AAA is only targeting the planes.

Negative. The AA units can be ordered to only engage designated units or side. :salute:

I agree with SCG_Riksen. Made same experience at Attention server. At the moment it is not worth playing there as a blue tank. Camping and ramming are frequently. So I decided not to play there anymore since some weeks.

DM model is better but still not good. But it is surely under progress. I am hopeful. Some days before, I was able to kill 9 T34 (AI and player controlled) in heavy combat in one run at Official 1CGS EU server. Than I was killed by bomb dropped by plane.

So when TC comes out it will surely make a lot of fun and will be more realistic.

• Upvote 1

I can only agree, and that is why I avoid all servers where its more arcadish: Shows who are enemy and friend and range etc, making it easy for pilots to see tanks and bomb them, in realistic setting where you cant see where everyone are and sticks to forests and trees, very rarely the airplanes can see one. Hence all those arcadish servers are full of airplanes and most often bad pilots who avoids wings of liberty or the serious airplane servers as they are too bad to fly there(most often, not all) and sticks to tank servers as its way easier there and fun to spawn camp on the tankers. And then out of ammo: crash into the first enemy tank they can see.

When the game is done I hope they add number limits to airplanes and program so pilots who waste their airplanes like that are punished for it.

• Upvote 2

В 12.03.2019 в 23:15, SCG_Riksen сказал:

S! guys,

I've been playing TC more often now since the latest patch has corrected some major issues we had with the DM and a server that I was my first choice, EFront dogfight and Tanks, has become a huge mess. The russian players playing in that server are extremely rude (not all of them) and often call you names in chat. All of that with the admin present and he does nothing unless you are a Western player. Yesterday JG300_Faucon was banned for using offensive language but today a similar situation took place with player KoKS calling me names and admin just did not care. Not to mention the server is full of people just flying planes to kill tanks and very little tank battles actually take place now. When IL-2s run out of ammo they will crash into your tank intentionally ... The server has a very arcadish mentality and totally spoils the combined operation environment. I know there are very dew options out there for tank battles and most will go there anyways but I feel like a fair warning is due. Good luck there and hopefully we will see better servers for TC in the future!

Hello!
I do not speak English, so I will use Google translator ...

I will answer Riksen, as well as to all who wrote here. 
I will not enter the discussion about the server E-Front,
  just try to talk about the server, because that many who here wrote not when did not come on the server.
(here is the statistics http://e-front.publicvm.com:8000)

1. What Riksen wrote is a lie, an offended teenager ... I was present in both cases
when they wrote to chat (JG300_Faucon and KokS), this is true. I did not banned  JG300_Faucon, most of the players 
(blue and red except Riksen, did he think it was normal?) voted for JG300_Faucon to leave the server. There is such an option in online multiplayer. In the second case, no one voted ... 
(perhaps the meaning of the messages was very different?)
I tried to explain in a chat to Riksen that the banned JG300_Faucon was not the administrator, but the players themselves .... 
He did not understand my English -).

2. "When the IL-2s run out ammo they will crash into your tank intentionally ...". Yes, it happens, so did sometimes JG300_Faucon (the blue pilot).
Perhaps there are red pilots, it all depends on the culture of the pilot himself, and not the administr of the server, or do you disagree?

3. SCG_BOO "Is there no agreement for the D-server that can be revoked?" YES, but what about this, when they simply steal maps from the server and make a duplicate of the server, even without changing the briefing and the names of the cards .... Riksen does so with high probability. I went to a duplicate server and there was Riksen ...

4. In his message, Riksen calls to ignore the E-Front server, does it continue to play on it ??? Maybe the server is not so bad ... Just an offend to the game incident has passed ??

PS
To answer, I did a big job and tried to translate the message into your native language (English).
I ask you, if you have questions, to write in my native language (Russian).
Welcome to the server. Good luck to all!!!

1.jpg

2019-03-16_19-23-38.png

• Upvote 2

First of all, very nice webpage there WorM but the tankman stats only work partially. Second, you saw the second incident with player Koks yourself and just because the other players (which mind you are all russian) did not vote to kick the offender from the server that does not make it ok to use offensive language in any server the way he did. You intentionally chose to ignore the issue when I requested you to ban the individual from the server by stating that the players must vote. You are the admin of the server and you were present during the whole thing but again chose to ignore the issue. Words like "cunt", "faggot", "fucker", "coward", and "asshole" have the same meaning in your language and you saw the whole chat. It is not the first time said player insults people when he starts to lose. I will continue to enjoy the server regardless of the issue but I think it is fair to warn people to the kind of environment they are stepping in since you chose to not moderate your own server and protect it against such players and behaviors. So, as I said, a fair warning should be issue to everyone that wishes to join the server. Regarding the other server, I have no relationship to any of those guys and was playing in the server because your server was CLOSED! You joined after and said that you would ban everyone that was in that server but when asked to open the Efront server you simply ignored the question. Perhaps you should re-read my message above.

Cheers

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, SCG_Riksen said:

I will continue to enjoy the server regardless of the issue but I think it is fair to warn people to the kind of ....

Why continue to play on it if it is like you describe?  Why bother?  I'd rather not play something at all than help bring traffic and popularity to a server that I don't like, is full or jerks, or run by admins that lets genuine trolls run rampant while punishing those who are standing up against them, or whatever.   Honestly, I've never been on this server, and don't know for certain if it is the way that you describe it, but if it is, than don't play on it!

Edited by SeaSerpent

Posted (edited)

limitit for German planes and Tanks.

Thats only a Server for Red Players.

Totally Bullshit

Edited by 1./JG42flesch
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, SeaSerpent said:

full or jerks, Honestly, I've never been on this server.

Then how can you call us jerks?

There's plenty of cases when the FW 190,ME 109 or the ME 110 ram into red tanks.There are no rules that forbid that or vulching on EFront,so both teams are doing that equally. 

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, RIVALDO said:

There's plenty of cases when the FW 190,ME 109 or the ME 110 ram into red tanks.There are no rules that forbid that or vulching on EFront,so both teams are doing that equally. 

Why did you mis quote him out of context with this " full or jerks, Honestly, I've never been on this server" edited effort?

Edited by bzc3lk

7 hours ago, 1./JG42flesch said:

limitit for German planes and Tanks.

Thats only a Server for Red Players.

Totally Bullshit

Are you honestly saying there is a limit for blue tank/plane but no limit for reds? I can’t believe people even play on this server for that reason alone. 

2 hours ago, bzc3lk said:

Say whaaaaat?:fool:

2 minutes ago, Bilbo_Baggins said:

Are you honestly saying there is a limit for blue tank/plane but no limit for reds? I can’t believe people even play on this server for that reason alone. 

Limits on heavy tanks for both sides.No limits on planes.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, RIVALDO said:

Say whaaaaat?:fool:

Then I'll spell it out slowly for you then, see how I edited your post below and how it changes the  context of what you said with merely re arranging what you said without adding anything extra to what you wrote, to convey the opposite of what was stated.  That is exactly what you did to suite your narrative with SeaSerpent's comment.

3 hours ago, RIVALDO said:

Then you can call us jerks

Edited by bzc3lk

What Rivaldo wrote is not true!!!!! German BF109 K4 is limited to 5x Planes.

But no limit to the overmodellt LA 5 FN ore the Spit 9.Yesterday Evening 8 of 12 Red Gamers fly an Plane.

Permanent 3 or 4 vulch the German Airbase.

Nobady on Red Side plays the Heavy Tank KV1. Only T34 Human played and this middleTank is unlimited.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
Just now, 1./JG42flesch said:

But no limit to the overmodellt LA 5 FN ore the Spit 9.Yesterday Evening 8 of 12 Red Gamers fly an Plane.

Nobady on Red Side plays the Heavy Tank KV1. Only T34 Human played and this middleTank is unlimited.

I play the KV1 as well as the Tiger, so not sure why you say nobody plays KV1.  

How often do you play red?  

Perhaps players who do not own TC Cap yet only play red are playing the T-34, although it is amazing to see how many blue players, only play Tiger!

Edited by Haza
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Haza the next Layer, last 2 Days from ca. 15x driving Tanks two KV1. ha ha ha

Edited by 1./JG42flesch

Just now, 1./JG42flesch said:

Haza the next Layer, last 2 Days from ca. 15x driving Tanks two KV1. ha ha ha

Sorry, I don't really understand what you are trying to say!

Are you saying you play Red? A simple Yes or No will do!

6 часов назад, 1./JG42flesch сказал:

Hello!

You are not quite right. Heavy tanks are limited to both blue and red. Is it fair or do you think not? By airplanes, bf-109K4 (late 1944) and La-5FN (mid 1943) .... And who should I limit ???
I formed the opinion that this only limits you (we will see your statistics only for bf-109K4 and Pz.KpFw.VI Ausf.H1) and you blame the server for being red -). The blue available aircraft 44-45 years and a heavy tank "Tiger" (killing all from 1500-2000 meters). Red planes have a maximum of the middle of 1943 and an average T34 tank (not the best modification, bursting from 1500-2000 meters) ...
Question all, the server is blue or red ????
Instead of complaining, it is better that something offered ....
Thank you all. Good luck !!!

5 hours ago, Haza said:

it is amazing to see how many blue players, only play Tiger!

Have you ever tried the Panzer? It is the slowest tank in the game by far, have no armor and has a really week gun. The T34 is a lot faster than any german tanks and have a gun that can one shoot a Tiger, so is it that amazingly hard to understand that the blue team use the Tiger when it is the fastest one on the blue side and have a good gun and that don't burst in to flames by a pea shooter? 

21 hours ago, 63RUS_WorM said:

To answer, I did a big job and tried to translate the message into your native language (English).
I ask you, if you have questions, to write in my native language (Russian).

No RUS_WorM, English is not my native language and I speak for many other players in this game...

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, 63RUS_WorM said:

Hello!

You are not quite right. Heavy tanks are limited to both blue and red. Is it fair or do you think not? By airplanes, bf-109K4 (late 1944) and La-5FN (mid 1943) .... And who should I limit ???
I formed the opinion that this only limits you (we will see your statistics only for bf-109K4 and Pz.KpFw.VI Ausf.H1) and you blame the server for being red -). The blue available aircraft 44-45 years and a heavy tank "Tiger" (killing all from 1500-2000 meters). Red planes have a maximum of the middle of 1943 and an average T34 tank (not the best modification, bursting from 1500-2000 meters) ...
Question all, the server is blue or red ????
Instead of complaining, it is better that something offered ....
Thank you all. Good luck !!!

WorM I have no problems with you or many in that server. As matter of fact Rivaldo is a great guy and is always willing to help the non-Russian speaking guys in the server. The server has great potential with great missions but you lack rules that promote respect between the players and you let players use the chat to offend each other in english and, a lot of times, in russian. This is unacceptable in any server and as a moderator you should not need to have people "vote" to kick such players from the server. You, as admin, have the power and should do so. So, if you truly want people to stay and respect the server, I propose the following rules and tweaks:

1. Use of vulgar or offensive chat is not allowed (kick player or first offense or ban for some time);

2. Use of any language other than english in the common chat should not be allowed. Russian players often use this to call non-Russian speaking players names or to mock them. The server is open to the general public so a common language in the open chat should be chosen to avoid such situations;

3. Limit the number of ALL planes especially the late models or those that do not fit in the scenario like the K4, P-47, and Spit Mk.IX. Now that the tank DM has been improved considerably, a lot of players on the blue side take tanks but they are always overwhelmed with the infinite number of enemy planes. I often take a fighter in such situations to clear the skies but only to see more and more ground attackers spawn. I had one mission that I literally shot the same guy in a A20 about 10 times! So limit the amount of planes in the maps and restrict the late models. When the planes run out, player have to jump in a tank;

4. Limit the number of Tigers. Keeping infinite Tigers is not realistic at all. Every single blue tanker uses the tiger and they do it so with no strategy. The tiger is a formidable tank when used correctly but players on the blue side are using it for head-on charges and close range combat. They waste resources like it does not matter and this takes the strategy away from the missions. This will be especially important when the other tank models come out;

5. Forbid kamikazee attack. Pilots should not be allowed to intentionally ram another planes or tanks for that matter. It is ridiculous to see IL-2s crashing into a tank because they ran out of ammo. This, in association to rule 3, should prevent such situation and create an environment where the resources are important and stimulate people to RTB;

6. Act like an admin. If you see individuals being disrespectful or acting like jerks, kick them. Create a peaceful game environment and promote the respect between the players.This is not a real war between western and eastern players as we currently have in your server where, if you lose, you can start barking at the other side but a game. You, as admin, should enforce that.

Thank you and I hope you consider the above!

Edited by SCG_Riksen

14 minutes ago, SCG_Riksen said:

Limit the number of Tigers.

The last thing they need to do it to limit the tanks, especially on the blue side... Have them far back on the map is one thing,

19 minutes ago, KARAYA1 said:

The last thing they need to do it to limit the tanks, especially on the blue side... Have them far back on the map is one thing,

Disagree. Tigers were only a very small portion of the tanks available to Germany so limiting the Tigers is more realistic than not. Perhaps the limitation should not be introduced yet since there are really no other tank available but when new ones rollout, limiting the number of Tiger is definitely the way to go.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SCG_Riksen said:

Disagree. Tigers were only a very small portion of the tanks available to Germany so limiting the Tigers is more realistic than not. Perhaps the limitation should not be introduced yet since there are really no other tank available but when new ones rollout, limiting the number of Tiger is definitely the way to go.

The "realistic" part is still a strange thing to bring up, when so many things are not at the moment. But yes, when the bugs are fixed on the T34 and when new tanks are rolling out, when flak guns are available and the ramming kemikaze planes are banned

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, RIVALDO said:

I didn't...I was careful to say "if what Riksen says is true...".  I don't know if you are jerks or not.  The way Riksen describes it, it's a bunch of jerks and trolls.  Having never been on the server, I have no firsthand knowledge.  Riksen is a bit of a trash-talker in his own right, so maybe he is the jerk, and the rest are all just really nice guys.  Don't know.  Don't really care.  I'm just saying that if someone genuinely feels like a server is full of trolls and morons and poor administered, then he shouldn't play there.  If someone feels that way, and they continue to play there anyway, then it must not be so bad, afterall.

Edited by SeaSerpent
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hey all,

I have been on the Aeastern front server as a red aviator/tanker and i can vouch for the use of ramming towards german tanks. I may like to annoy ground targets (for those who've played with/against me, you know what i'm talking about) but ramming the tanks is out of the question for me. I see a lot of tankers, however, not know how to react to an air assault. Once you know how to manuver around bombs, it's not too bad.

Edited by 5./St.G.1_DLMalloy
Left to imterpretation

Posted (edited)
On 3/17/2019 at 5:58 AM, KARAYA1 said:

Have you ever tried the Panzer? It is the slowest tank in the game by far, have no armor and has a really week gun. The T34 is a lot faster than any german tanks and have a gun that can one shoot a Tiger, so is it that amazingly hard to understand that the blue team use the Tiger when it is the fastest one on the blue side and have a good gun and that don't burst in to flames by a pea shooter? 

Clearly, in a senario where the enemy knows you're there, the t-34 out guns the panzer. However, if you set up ambushes by the side of the road, wait for side shots, and ANGLE YOUR ARMOR, the pz3 can be a very powerful and reliable weapons platform.

Edited by 5./St.G.1_DLMalloy
Typo

47 minutes ago, 5./St.G.1_DLMalloy said:

Clearly, in a senario where the enemy knows you're there, the t-34 out guns the panzer. However, if you set up ambushes by the side of the road, wait for side shots, and ANGLE YOUR ARMOR, the pz3 can be a very powerful and reliable weapons platform.

The bazooka is also powerful when hitting in the weak spot on a tank. Still the T34 is a lot faster and in a greater number (usually) and always backed up by air... 

Ahhh, this is where the ambush tactics come in. You can't out run the foe, out gun him, or out live him out in the open. But you can disappear. Head into the forests and tall grasses and tun off your engine. That is how I got my kill streaks.

Also put yourself in the shadows of a thicket of trees. The grey of the panzer blends to your advantage.

Camoflauge is the name of this game.

4 hours ago, 5./St.G.1_DLMalloy said:

Ahhh, this is where the ambush tactics come in. You can't out run the foe, out gun him, or out live him out in the open. But you can disappear. Head into the forests and tall grasses and tun off your engine. That is how I got my kill streaks.

Also put yourself in the shadows of a thicket of trees. The grey of the panzer blends to your advantage.

Camoflauge is the name of this game.

You mean standard tank tactic? and yes I do this with the tiger, thank you. Still don't change the fact that the panzer is weak against the wave of t34 and planes just flowing in with greater number.

Just provide a switch whereby the server owner can prevent tanks from being damaged by being rammed by aircraft. I can't remember any account of this happening IRL. Part of 'realistic' MP is flying your aircraft home and landing it, and players who do not try to do this are cheating.