Raptorattacker

Cockpit view glitch in Replay mode

I've JUST started getting this peculiar and quite severe glitch occurring whenever I hit L Alt+F1 in replay mode when trying to record videos of gameplay.

I have only noticed it in the last couple of days but today was disturbingly severe. The replay was recorded today, as was the video of events so it isn't an issue with it being an old replay that was pre - update or anything. I just thought it important to let you know of the issue. I did see somewhere else that someone had the same issue and so it isn't just me.

The video is unlisted so only those with the link can view it (ie those on this Forum, as I didn't particularly feel it necessary for anyone outside of game to be party to it).

Please find enclosed my DxDiag file as well.

Cheers and thanks in advance

Rap

DxDiag.txt

Update to this is that I am still having issues but not QUITE so bad after updating my GPU driver. (NVIDIA 419.17). It still happens but only occasionally and not NEARLY as violently as in the above video (which was done today, before the driver update). The issue has also been noted in THIS thread by @KroatJG52.

I'll check back in if there are any developments...

Same problem here, i don't know how to fix this and i am unable to make vids with this problem

It doesn't seem to be with every plane but it's still happening on occasion. It's NOT my end, it's something at the other end seemingly...

Posted (edited)

Confirmed, the cockpit view is flickering in track replays since the last update. I'm not as much affected as shown in the video, but the glitch is definitely there in all my recent replays.

I wonder why only a few are reporting this issue? Are there people over there who don't have it?

Edited by sniperton

I had the same issue. The video below was recorded prior to the last patch when testing my new video card. It flashes at the beginning. I went to the outside view then back into the cockpit. I don't think the issue reappears during my video.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/13/2019 at 2:52 PM, sniperton said:

I wonder why only a few are reporting this issue? 

I think the number of people who use the - in my opinion brilliant - track recording features are surprisingly few.  Hence the low numbers reporting.

This is what I'm getting at the moment.

Externals fine, F1 view fine, Ctrl + F1......urgh..... 

Edited by DD_Arthur
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

Externals fine, F1 view fine, Ctrl + F1......urgh.....

Exactly the same and I think you may have a point about the (excellent) replay recording.

Posted (edited)

Try going to your Nvidia Control Panel and then set: Maximum Pre-Rendered Frames equal to 1.

I had this problem before I changed this setting and now it appears the problem is gone.

Only the recordings made AFTER this setting was changed are working properly for me.

Edited by WheelwrightPL
Added more info

4 hours ago, WheelwrightPL said:

Try going to your Nvidia Control Panel and then set: Maximum Pre-Rendered Frames equal to 1.

I had this problem before I changed this setting and now it appears the problem is gone.

Only the recordings made AFTER this setting was changed are working properly for me.

I'll try that and see if it works. Trouble is it only seems to happen randomly and only then in certain planes. The I-16 was definitely the worst but then it didn't happen every time even on this little beauty... strange, very strange. 

Just tried it and, whilst not quite so bad it still glitches.Only a couple of times in roughly the same length of replay as the above one I posted but enough to be annoying nevertheless.

It's the apparent random nature of it that really annoys me. It's like if you go to the doctor's with a pain somewhere and then when you get there the pain has gone just for that visit!! :scratch_one-s_head:

Yes, I tried it to with HS-129 and it sporadically glitches for me too, it appears it was introduced with the new patch, previously I was able to mitigate this by setting Maximum Pre-Rendered Frames equal to 1.

I have had this bug but only when I first go into the recording.  If I hit F2 then F1 I don't see it again.

12 hours ago, 56RAF_Roblex said:

If I hit F2 then F1 I don't see it again

It doesn't happen for me with just F1 Roblex, it's ONLY Ctrl+F1. Just that view, no other. The pain is that I use that view a lot, especially when I do the skin showcase videos.

23 hours ago, Raptorattacker said:

It doesn't happen for me with just F1 Roblex, it's ONLY Ctrl+F1. Just that view, no other. The pain is that I use that view a lot, especially when I do the skin showcase videos.

I agree: CTRL+F1 is the most important view by far because that's what the pilot sees. If you want to show some noobies on Youtube how to fly in IL2 Sturmovik, how to scan for an enemy, what gauges to look at etc: you cannot do that anymore because of all that flickering. Therefore I believe the devs should target this bug as a priority.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, WheelwrightPL said:

I agree: CTRL+F1 is the most important view by far because that's what the pilot sees

Exactly!

Posted (edited)

I'm having that same glitch in cntrl-F1 in flight recorder. started with the previous update and much worse with the current update. Not having any success with setting changes. Are the developers working on this or have a work around ?

TIA,

Edited by MF_pennsy
jumped to conclusion

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, MF_pennsy said:

Are the developers working on this or have a work around ?

THAT is the burning question. I think it may not be top of the list at the moment as DD says above. There's not a huge amount of people who actually DO any videos in the scheme of things. I imagine it will be sorted at SOME point... hopefully... :( It STILL keeps jumping in and surprising me!

Edited by Raptorattacker

I did find my control panel for the G force. The Nvidia site said use higher numbers, the pilot above said set "Maximum Pre-Rendered Frames equal to 1".

I changed it from 1 to game controlled but haven't worked with it since changing it. It does seem related to Maximum Pre-renders frames, so I'll play with all the settings and see if that resolves the issue. There are only four options in my control panel, so it shouldn't take to long to go through all of them. Unfortunately I don't very well understand what the average view setting means technically. I lost a lot of glitching just updating the G-force, but that twinge remains. I also get some random color bars and streaks using Fraps, not sure what to do about them.

meanwhile GL

There is less incentive for me to play anymore because I improve my skills mostly by reviewing the recordings.

It is satisfying and rewarding to have something tangible to feel proud about, and now it was taken away.

So for me it is a priority bug. And I see that I am not alone.

I'm sure the devs are working on it. After all, the full marketing and publicity of Il-2 GB depends on user videos.

FYI since changing the G-Force Maximum Pre-Rendered Frames setting to application controlled, I have been glitch free!

1 hour ago, MF_pennsy said:

FYI since changing the G-Force Maximum Pre-Rendered Frames setting to application controlled, I have been glitch free!

Have to give it a try.

9 hours ago, MF_pennsy said:

Tried, but no joy so far.

9 hours ago, MF_pennsy said:

Tried that, no difference. The planes it affects are seemingly random as well so...

52 minutes ago, Gunter_Severloh said:

I dont own the game but plan on getting BOS and TC soon, but the issue from what i been reading is the ingame flight recorder correct?

Why not use an external recorder like OBS https://obsproject.com/

a free program that is continually updated, i use it in my own videos for Iron front: Liberation 1944 and Arma.

Because the in-game recorder allows you to edit the track, so you can switch views, zoom in/out, etc. Recording direct w/OBS you lose that ability. I will say though, OBS is perfect for recording that final take.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2019 at 11:22 AM, Geoweb35 said:

@Raptorattacker did you manage to solve this problem? 

Nope, not yet. I don't think it's necessarily at OUR end and it looks to me like it's specific to certain setups/game. That said, not as many people use recording as one might imagine and so the furore created by it isn't that much. It's relevant to us that use it a lot but not to a LOT more. I guess it's just wait and see...

2 hours ago, Raptorattacker said:

I don't think it's necessarily at OUR end and it looks to me like it's specific to certain setups/game.

Do you positively know of anyone who's using the feature and still not having this glitch?

Just asking because it would be great to learn the config and settings of any such person.

Honestly I haven't noticed it lately. But all I've been flying for the last month are P-47 quick missions for whatever that's worth.

4 hours ago, sniperton said:

Just asking because it would be great to learn the config and settings of any such person.

Not really (apart from Rjel above of course). As I say, most people who DO use the replays seem to have noticed it but there aren't as many who DO as you would think.