KroatJG52

Bad Graphics Bug Ruins Replays

*I'm re-posting this here since it hasn't been noticed in Graphics Bugs thread. 

Brief description: Distorted textures or possibly artifacts popping in and out; occurrence seems random.
Detailed description, conditions: Graphical bug that appears as quick flashes of distorted textures or graphical artifacts that occupy the entire screen for a frame or so. This graphical bug was not present in the actual game-play; it was only present in the replay footage. This never occurred until the most recent update was installed. Furthermore, my old replays have most of their audio missing after the update. To be clear I am not saying this was necessarily caused by the update. I just think it's a very strong possibility. 
Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): https://youtu.be/fKxS4f46Wfs
Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): DxDiag.txt

Update (2/6/19): After some more testing I've discovered that the graphical bug only occurs in cockpit view (Ctrl+F1); however not when simply viewing using F1. This makes me think it may be related to TrackIR/FoV. This is incredibly frustrating because it means I can't really create videos utilizing the replay system. 

Edited by KroatenJG52

@KroatJG52I'm sorry to inform you that major updates always break earlier recordings and make earlier tracks partly or fully unusable.

20 hours ago, sniperton said:

@KroatJG52I'm sorry to inform you that major updates always break earlier recordings and make earlier tracks partly or fully unusable.

Thank you for the reply; I wasn't aware of the way old replays were affected by updates. That said, the graphics bug I described is still affecting new replays created after the update. 

I have this also

only notice it like mentioned in cockpit view (Ctrl+F1)

all the other views work fine.

Edited by il2crashesnfails

On 2/7/2019 at 6:16 PM, KroatJG52 said:

Update (2/6/19): After some more testing I've discovered that the graphical bug only occurs in cockpit view (Ctrl+F1); however not when simply viewing using F1. This makes me think it may be related to TrackIR/FoV. This is incredibly frustrating because it means I can't really create videos utilizing the replay system. 

You should check your key mapping as I cannot find any listing for Ctrl+F1. I only show F1 for player's cockpit.

There is a LCtrl+F1 listed for Camera track.       :joy:

Edited by Arfsix

1 hour ago, Arfsix said:

You should check your key mapping as I cannot find any listing for Ctrl+F1. I only show F1 for player's cockpit.

There is a LCtrl+F1 listed for Camera track.       :joy:

Sry I meant Camera Track when I said LCtrl+F1. I've played around with the camera settings, but the issue persists. Strangely, I also get an occasional texture flicker on my aircraft while I am recording--and only when recording. It happens as soon as I start recording. So the large graphical bug occurs only when viewing a recording, but the small texture flicker occurs while recording. It seems that the graphical bug is somehow connected with the recording/replay system. I'm sure I'll figure out what is causing it eventually.:fool: 

12 hours ago, KroatJG52 said:

Sry I meant Camera Track when I said LCtrl+F1. I've played around with the camera settings, but the issue persists. Strangely, I also get an occasional texture flicker on my aircraft while I am recording--and only when recording. It happens as soon as I start recording. So the large graphical bug occurs only when viewing a recording, but the small texture flicker occurs while recording. It seems that the graphical bug is somehow connected with the recording/replay system. I'm sure I'll figure out what is causing it eventually.:fool: 

let me know if you figure it out

I updated all my gpu drivers

I also noticed the issue, the image is flickering making impossible to make a video from the cockpit view. Actually it makes also viewing the track painful.

Edited by JG27_Kornezov

14 hours ago, JG27_Kornezov said:

I also noticed the issue, the image is flickering making impossible to make a video from the cockpit view. Actually it makes also viewing the track painful.

i noticed if i press "f1" it stops but the view is zoomed in

the only way around this that i can think of is to dual record

use fraps or whatever to record cockpit view.

3 hours ago, il2crashesnfails said:

the only way around this that i can think of is to dual record

use fraps or whatever to record cockpit view.

Yeah, I was thinking of just using OBS to record live footage. Too bad since recording live can affect gameplay performance. ☹️

On 2/13/2019 at 8:28 PM, KroatJG52 said:

Yeah, I was thinking of just using OBS to record live footage. Too bad since recording live can affect gameplay performance. ☹️

true it can affect gameplay

Posted (edited)

Having the same issue here. Flickering in the first person view in flight records. Interestingly, it goes away if I hit F1 again.

Anyway, I hope the replays get the love they deserve. They're a huge part of why I love this game.

Also, @KroatJG52, it might help the developers if you summarize the issue in the subject in this thread to something like "Game is flickering in first person view in flight records". I'm not trying to be critical or anything, just trying to help the developers. It helps the devs to see the summary of issues in subjects (speaking as a dev myself). It might also help to get the issue noticed and fixed sooner than later since they'll see the issue right away in the subject rather than having to read through our comments to find out what's happening.

Again, just trying to help. The flight replays are such a huge part of this game for me as I assume they are for a lot of us.

Edited by terrible_pilot

Same issue here. Recorded today so no issues with updating affecting the actual replay...