AnPetrovich

Developer Diary 217 - Discussion

34 minutes ago, AnPetrovich said:
Salute, comrade pilots! :salute:

For some time, we have not covered the work being done in our aviation workshop, giving the news platform to armored vehicle enthusiasts. But today it is time to return to the planes. And I will tell you what our engineering team is working on now.

In addition, two new biplanes for the Flying Circus project have entered the “factory testing” stage.

And finally, since we have touched on our Flying Circus project, we would like to show you a series of screenshots from the Arras map

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials

• Like 15
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 3

Very cool!

Unbenannt.jpg

Edited by sevenless

All looks fantastic.

Just a small comment, the 262 did not have much of a 'swept wing': it was 12.5 degrees and introduced to manage a CoG issue. All assessments [amateur historical works aside] agree it had marginal - if any - impact on the high-speed flight characteristics of the aircraft and delaying of compressibility. German industry was advanced in this area of research, but in the case of the 262 the wing angle was relatively incidental [pun].

• Like 2

No more beating a dead horse! Cows spotted!

• Haha 5

From looking at the Arras shots themselves; is that big church on the square generic or a special? And, is such a practice in use for the  Bodenplatte map?

I hope those cows, horses, carts and tents will be available as single objects and not just as parts of larger blocks. We mission builders really need such nice little details to make the scenary in our missions more interesting.

• Upvote 11

Bloody marvelous...sorry to say...the dolphin has blown me away😂😂

6 minutes ago, Almenas said:

"... base on a distant secret island ..."🤔

Battle of Bikini Atoll confirmed 😄

• Haha 4

Wow! This news are fantastic als always :) I enjoyed your test vid (i really hope we will see more in the future). Thanks for the work and the Arras map looks good :good:

The same thing counts for the Cockpits shots from the Dolphin and the Fokker, they are very promising!

have a great Day

Rico

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, 77.CountZero said:

Battle of Bikini Atoll confirmed 😄

Pacific Confirmed, they can't deny it anymore... 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Juri_JS said:

I hope those cows, horses, carts and tents will be available as single objects and not just as parts of larger blocks. We mission builders really need such nice little details to make the scenary in our missions more interesting.

Totally agree!

Flying over the green fields and shooting at cows.....priceless ;)

Ram that cow!

Edited by EAF_Ribbon

fantastic news! Looking forward to those fantastic new birds! :)

Lovely!!!

But I really, really, REALLY hope we will get some basic fuel(tank) management for the aircraft. Especially with the P-51 having a rear fuselage tank (also the Spit IX), one can only hope that not all tanks are filled equally when moving the slider to the right.

There should be a key assigned for switching fuel tanks. While this is less imporant in aircraft where you just have one tank near the center of gravity, in other with fuel cells placed in more distant sections of the airframe, fuel management is an important determinant about what you can do with your aircraft.

The P-51 will hardly ever require filling his rear tank with our map size, yet the penalty regarding maneuvering will be significant.

So, again, please, we do need a funcional tank selector switch (and filling options!).

Other than that, great update for FC! Beautiful map and I can‘t wait for the flipper. :) 

Speaking of, will we get regularly decapitated as usual upon landing, unless we explicitly tuck down our head or will some new, awesome AI feature do that for us? (The „what the heck are you doing?“-moment when your spouse sees you landing the flipper using TrackIR.)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

I'd love to see more insider videos like were mentioned in the DD. The broken gear on the Camel reminded me of the final scene from The Great Waldo Pepper. I always wondered how he would have landed his Camel in that condition.

• Like 3

Brilliant i definitely picked the right game to buy, last month.  😎   😎

Mike.

• Thanks 1

Ha ha! I pointed out the loose lock nuts on the Dolphin cross bracing rods years ago, and they STILL haven't tightened them up!

Dolphin.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

The break dancing Camel made me smile.  You should do a row of them as a chorus with a ground looping Dr.1 in the foreground set to a music track.

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Elem said:

Ha ha! I pointed out the loose lock nuts on the Dolphin cross bracing rods years ago, and they STILL haven't tightened them up!

THAT is why the wings come off that easily! Now we know.

• Haha 1

Close, Ugra Media might want to check actual pictures. Other than that everything looks epic! I love the Cows and Horses lol

Looks like the exact same houses we've seen for BP.

Glad to hear from Petrovich :)

NX-31426.jpg?itok=toRWh97Y

AM_01.jpg

Edited by =FEW=Hauggy
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

wauu i love the Horse and Cows.

They have a animation and damage (dead) model? ;)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sevenless said:

Very cool!

Unbenannt.jpg

The same place in reality...;)...Fantastic work Devs...!!! 

1560_ho_03_p_2048x1536.jpg

Damn! Everytime I click the "full news" link, it flashes for a second in the first post of the last page of the DD thread before going to the last post - and recently, there it is always, an old image of the 262 in progress. For a second, it makes me think "oh good, it's out!"... and then it's  "awwww..... fooled again".

• Like 1

Sorry Hauggy...same post at the same time...:lol:

Ah, Mister Petrovich. Your reputation precedes you. :pioneer:

Nice update. As long as we have you with us, I`m confident the new planes gonna fly like a dream.

• Thanks 1

I enjoy the weekly developer diary very much and would like thank the team at this point again :)

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Good Sopwith Camel doggy ...

Who's a good doggy ...?

You want your stick Sopwith Camel doggy? Roll over, beg, you want that stick don't you ...  😁

• Haha 1

Fantastic work! Arras map looks great, I loved that there are some cows that sneak into the picture, and the Sopwith video is hilarious. More please :)

51 minutes ago, Swing said:

Sorry Hauggy...same post at the same time...:lol:

Exept I don't find it fantastic, tho the city hall 3D model looks pretty good with the exeption of that dull grey color.

1 hour ago, =FEW=Hauggy said:

I love the Cows and Horses lol

I hope we'll hear them Moo and Neigh like we hear dogs barking!

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

I should note that the P-51D [...] (has) a sensitive center of gravity when heavily loaded with fuel and ordinance. For example, the Mustang had such a small reserve of longitudinal stability with full fuel tanks that the pilot flight manual instructed pilots to avoid aerobatics with full fuel tanks because of the risk of stall and spin. This quirk of the P-51D will be present in our simulator.

For this and other reasons, I do hope that they finish the work on the fuel system management so that we have to control which tank to use on planes that require it and can push a button to see how much fuel remains on planes where this is pertinent.  {and speaking of button pushing, would be nice on the planes that require a toggle to see oil temp, modeling that toggle would be nice too}

oh, and the video was kind of cool

Edited by BM357_TinMan
video comment
  • Upvote 1