Jump to content

IL2 Great Battles Easy Mission Generator


Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, SYN_Vander said:

Look in the config. Is the msbin = 0? Set it to 1 and it will generate a full mission.

If so, then bug from my side. Will upload new version.

 

EDIT: Indeed, must have forgotten to set it back to 1 (I use it for testing). You can change the config.ini yourself for now.

 

** I have updated the original download link **

 

Could you add a delete_misson = 1 to the ini file, and yes, add some code  so it deletes the .mission file after the re-save?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DD-FT- said:

 

Could you add a delete_misson = 1 to the ini file, and yes, add some code  so it deletes the .mission file after the re-save?

 

 

What is the purpose if I may ask?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SYN_Vander said:

 

What is the purpose if I may ask?

 

Maybe to use it with a dserver. If the .mission is present, it's that one which is used instead of the msbin file. And the loading of the mission is longer, and the size of the file to upload to the clients is higher.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Habu said:

Maybe to use it with a dserver. If the .mission is present, it's that one which is used instead of the msbin file. And the loading of the mission is longer, and the size of the file to upload to the clients is higher.

 

Weird, I was under the impression that the .msbin file is used instead of the .mission for multiplay ???

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice tool SYN_Vander. No problem to download and to install. As first step, alone,  I tried a patrol mission on Kuban map into a spit and had nice fight against 109. Then I configured your tool on random and I got a cover mission of a P39 flight engaged as bombers. By taking off the two first P39 crashed into the mountain boarding the field and runway but the two last ones kept heading their target with AAA waiting for them and my escort of spits. Question how to avoid that sentence poping each two/three seconds at the left Bottom of the screen :"multiplayer server overload. Erratic plane behaviour may occur please contact server administrator." Thanks in advance for answers.

Link to post
Share on other sites

That message is displayed when the tick delay is too high. It means that the mission you are running is too heavy for your PC, and that you can encounter some freeze. Use lower settings for your mission with less AI planes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Habu said:

Maybe to use it with a dserver. If the .mission is present, it's that one which is used instead of the msbin file. And the loading of the mission is longer, and the size of the file to upload to the clients is higher.

 

Bingo, that's the one! 

Using Dserver, and having about 10 clients connect at around the same time, if one can reduce the download, one should - as much as possible  :) Just makes sense!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2019 at 4:20 PM, SYN_Vander said:

Hi everyone, I have been working on a mission generator for our server that can easily create multiple missions from a basic template, see the thread: Syndicate expert server

Download the utility here: IL2CoopGenerator v8

 

 

Hi Vander ,

My first try of V4 off you Coop Gen was a bit hard, but it was only  caused by loss of connection  micro loss some player disconnected  if find  a problem in my network.
Since this try we have several time Use the Coop Gen  and it's really a great work.. We try now V.8  kuban and list of new planes are great  Teammates  enjoy action of each generated mission. As i'm near the only Mission Builder of my Team it's really a pleasure to focus on other missions Build Tank Crew is one of the big work actually  so they can fly new things all along the week 

We really appreciate the work and sharing  (This was frequent with IL2 46 but with time Less share  .. now Too much Players act Only As Consumers)  we will take you aware of any bugs or problem in future ( for now  0 fault )

Have a nice Week 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

And yes, another version!

 

Version 9 release notes:

-Added option to create single player missions
-Fixed bug: Red flight would not cover Blue flight when doing ground attack mission
-Changed default mission name to "SYN_Generated" (same for both single & coop)
-Added 'no_mission' parameter in config.ini that automatically deletes .mission files after generation (for dserver)
-Tuned form-up timer over airfield to avoid AI turning back too soon and crash in a hill

-Renamed to 'Easy Mission Generator' 
-Changed artwork

 

See first post for download link.

I will now try to focus on some qualitative changes like better waypoint generation, descriptions, random events etc. instead of more features.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Kapteeni said:

Tested few missions. 

Easy to use. Good job!

It would be a nice feature if we could save multiple missions.

Kapteeni

 

So, being able to change the name of the mission in the gui?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SYN_Vander said:

 

So, being able to change the name of the mission in the gui?

 

I would vote for that as well.¬† It sounds like a simple thing to do (I know. Things are not always as easy as they sound ūüôā¬†) but would be very useful.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, 56RAF_Roblex said:

 

I would vote for that as well.¬† It sounds like a simple thing to do (I know. Things are not always as easy as they sound ūüôā¬†) but would be very useful.

 

It's indeed not that hard.. In next version:

 

Mission_generator_new.png.3d18dcc5093f5a13d8c189c059a803e0.png

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are taking suggestions, I'd like to see the plane lists tweaked slightly? The 109E-7 should probably come under attackers for the Axis, as that's how they were mostly used by Stalingrad. Equally, the VVS need the I-16. I'd also like to see the Pe-2 on the list of attackers with its rockets

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‚Äé3‚Äé/‚Äé25‚Äé/‚Äé2019 at 8:56 PM, SYN_Vander said:

And yes, another version!

 

Version 9 release notes:

-Added option to create single player missions
-Fixed bug: Red flight would not cover Blue flight when doing ground attack mission
-Changed default mission name to "SYN_Generated" (same for both single & coop)
-Added 'no_mission' parameter in config.ini that automatically deletes .mission files after generation (for dserver)
-Tuned form-up timer over airfield to avoid AI turning back too soon and crash in a hill

-Renamed to 'Easy Mission Generator' 
-Changed artwork

 

See first post for download link.

I will now try to focus on some qualitative changes like better waypoint generation, descriptions, random events etc. instead of more features.

 

 

Great tool! Keep up the good work.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, =621=Samikatz said:

If you are taking suggestions, I'd like to see the plane lists tweaked slightly? The 109E-7 should probably come under attackers for the Axis, as that's how they were mostly used by Stalingrad. Equally, the VVS need the I-16. I'd also like to see the Pe-2 on the list of attackers with its rockets

 

Good suggestion. I will change this, but you can already do this yourself in the config file. Reminds me though: I have to implement a "weight" per aircraft for random selection. I think they now all have equal chance of showing up. Was th I-16 really in use in 1942? In what role?

Edited by SYN_Vander
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SYN_Vander said:

 

Good suggestion. I will change this, but you can already do this yourself in the config file. Reminds me though: I have to implement a "weight" per aircraft for random selection. I think they now all have equal chance of showing up. Was th I-16 really in use in 1942? In what role?

 

The 629th IAP, an "air defence regiment", are playable in career for the first three "chapters" of the battle

 

20190329104853_1.thumb.jpg.3c20e0cff64291af7851a2b9c4737889.jpg

 

There are very few sources in English I can find on this specific unit, unfortunately, but as far as I'm aware all the career mode squadrons are pretty much accurate with the exception of the collector plane squadrons

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Vander,

 

Would it be possible to allow us to scroll up and down the application in the future ? The Dserver I'm setting up is lacking in the resolution department and the bottom of the menu is cut off where you set the IL2 directory and actually create the mission. 

 

Is it also possible to create the mission into it's own folder to aid with organization ?

 

Thanks for all the work making this awesome tool!

Edited by Wiggin
Link to post
Share on other sites

New version out!

 

Version 10 release notes:

-Added Moscow map and associated plane set

-Added option to change the name of the mission

-Adjusted Stalingrad plane set
-Fixed bug: One of the airfield targets would not trigger success message

-Changed waypoints near Gelendzhik airfield to avoid hill collision (have to test)

 

Download link in first post.

On 3/29/2019 at 8:46 PM, Wiggin said:

Hey Vander,

 

Would it be possible to allow us to scroll up and down the application in the future ? The Dserver I'm setting up is lacking in the resolution department and the bottom of the menu is cut off where you set the IL2 directory and actually create the mission. 

 

Is it also possible to create the mission into it's own folder to aid with organization ?

 

Thanks for all the work making this awesome tool!

 

It's not as easy I thought it would be. Will look into this in the future. Btw, I also have a dserver box I access remotely, but not sure why res is a problem???

 

On 3/30/2019 at 1:07 AM, Retrofly said:

Im still seeing the issue where the AI crash into the hill on takeoff at Gelendzhik.

il2_miss_crash.PNG

 

Hopefully fixed now as I moved the "assemble"  waypoint more to the south. But who knows...AI are very unpredictable!

Edited by SYN_Vander
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2019 at 8:56 PM, SYN_Vander said:

And yes, another version!

 

What a good new !! We will certainly enjoy as all i've done  for my group it's so easy !! Some of non informatic guys can make alsor mission i think Single Player can be a great challenge. 

Again a great thanks for works following and support !!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Wiggin said:

@SYN_Vander I've got a VGA connection to a TV that maxes out at 1336 x 768. The screen shot shows what is going on. I appreciate you looking into it for me.  

image.thumb.png.0cf1e63155235b3d0665a6a5b8307fe6.png

I understand. One work-around would be to login to your dedi box from another machine using Remote Desktop. I’ll see what I can do with scrollbars.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SYN_Vander said:

I understand. One work-around would be to login to your dedi box from another machine using Remote Desktop. I’ll see what I can do with scrollbars.

 

Thank you for the quick response. Your suggestion is my current work around. In that same vein would it be easy to implement a way to save the missions in their own sub folder based on the missions name ? Would aid in organization and easier to just make a bunch of missions and move them to the dedicated box in one go. 

 

Thank you again for your work on making this tool.

Link to post
Share on other sites

A few suggestions, which would allow for even more flexibility in SP or COOP:

 

1.) Add the possibility to have two independant bomber and fighter flights per side, so that e.g. one can have a flight of A-20s and a flight of Pe-2s defended by 2 flights of fighters

2.) Add the YAK-1B to Stalingrad because it was there back then

3.) Maybe add the Veliike Luki map (BoS) and the new Prokorovka map (TC)

 

Thanks for consideration ūüôā

Link to post
Share on other sites

New version, 11 is out. Only minor changes. See first page for download link.

 

Version 11 release notes:

-Changed name to IL2 Great Battles Easy Mission Creator -> The actual executable is called "EasyMissionGenerator.exe". Please delete old .exe

-White skins will be chosen on all planes during winter
-Added extra option for airfield selection, in between "close to" and "far behind" the lines
-Added Yak 1b to Stalingrad plane set

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...